Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: LOTR Gamers In Need of Help - Look Here
on: November 04, 2005 03:11
I wondered the same thing, Melkortheconsumer. That made no sense to me. How come they don't become pieces of ash or how they got up there in the first place is beyond me.
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: December 02, 2005 02:58
I'm having a bit of trouble with the computer version of The Return of the King. I've beaten every level I've come to with Sam and Legolas, and every level I've tried with Aragorn and Gimli, but I don't seem to be able to play as well as Gandalf- I don't seem to be fast enough to complete the level called Minas Tirith- Top of the Wall. I think it's my speed that's at fault because I play best as Legolas, and I found the second part of the King of the Dead (the timed part) a lot harder than anything else, except the level I'm stuck on.
Any tips on how to become faster, or on stratagy for this level?
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 06:41
well... on the top of the wall level, there is this little map that shows where the ladders are in red. there also is a flashing red dot where you need to go to blast down a siege tower. i would reccomend using gandalf, especially if he has his most powerful ranged weapon. he can blast down siege towers in one hit if he's in level 10!!!

in the king of the dead level, there are only three battles in the timed part. I would be Aragorn because he is fastest. in the second battle, you have to run toward the rock the spirits come out of so rocks won't smash you. before the third battle, there is a really long stretch of mist. jump back through that. if you make it through, run forward, and there is the last battle!!! finish it, then run out of the paths of the dead. that's the level!!! hope that helps!!!
Rebecca_C
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 03:27
Should I be concentrating on getting rid of the ladders or the orcs- which affects the overrun meter more? (Before the towers, of course). I do know that once the towers arrive I should concentrate on getting rid of them and only kill the orcs in my way. Thing is if I leave the orcs and the ladders to defeat the towers and the fell beast the meter fills up because of the orcs and ladders. So by the time I've run down the stairs or whatever it's nearly too late. This one level is blocking everything else right now, I've gone as high as I can with the others.

I can manage the King of the Dead, but I find it harder as Aragorn than Legolas because I fight more slowly with him, even if I put on the special ability (perfect mode in this case). I've not tried with Gimli yet, I think that'd be even worse! But I've found the next few levels (Southern Gate and Pelennor) a lot easier. But I can't try the Black Gate until I've beaten Minas Tirith- Top of the Wall.
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 09:57
I'd concentrate on the ladders. Only kill the orcs that are in your way as you run to knock down the ladders.When you run to the first siege tower,knock down all the ladders on your way there. As I said, I'd be Gandalf. Also, it's not important to kill the fell beast. You can do that after you destroy all the siege towers, if you want to. There are only 4 towers in all, and the soldiers destroy the first one for you. The overrun meter is annoying, but the best way to keep it down is to knock down ladders.

Did you complete the king of the dead level???
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 09:57
And, if you finish the top of the wall level, Gandalf's special ability is this really cool shield, so if you don't have to much health, and you see an orc with a health meter, put it on. Because when you kill an orc witha health meter over its head, you get a health bottle thingy.

[Edited on 6/12/2005 by Melkortheconsumer]
Rebecca_C
Send Message
on: December 07, 2005 02:54
That sounds sensible, I'll try it when I've unpacked my computer! And yes, I've done the King if the Dead several times, I just find it harder than the levels before.
Not important to kill the fell beast? I'll trust you on that one, I'm willing to try it.

Thanks!
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 12:54
I wondered the same thing, Melkortheconsumer. That made no sense to me. How come they don't become pieces of ash or how they got up there in the first place is beyond me.

Yeah, I wish they showed them climbing up there! Now THAT would have been interesting! Aragorn told Berethor that they needed a diversion... that was quite some diversion!!!lol!
JBiggs_15
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 05:32
Am playing The Third Age on PS2 and have just left the Golden Hall after fighting Grima Wormtongue. I followed the path through a cave, was met by Eaoden and then reach the end of the path where there are alot of dead bodies on the floor. However I can't move forward any further, as there seems to be an invisible wall keeping me from moving on.

I have completed all the Rohan quests except Morwen's Family, so I am really stumped!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OUT THER HELP ME!!!!!!
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 04:45
Have you tried to go all the directions??? Make sure you're not at a dead end. But sometimes your PS2 may go crazy, like mine did, and it won't let you move onward, or anywhere,sometime!!!

And also, those glowing red dots on the map are points of interest. Sometimes a red dot is a quest, they are most of the time.

I have not played this for awhile, so I'm just doing this with my memory, but I THINK those dead bodies MIGHT be Morwen's parents. How many were there??? And, has Morwen found her mother's ring,(I THOUGHT it was a ring) yet???

I hope that helped a little!!!
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 02:25
Ok, now I have a question. I'm playing The Battle for Middle Earth, good campaign. I'm on Helm's Deep. Now, I really need some advice for this level. And some help, please. Alright, here are my questions: ( there are quite a few!!!)

#1. What is the best way to destroy siege ladders?
#2. Should I put alot of archers on the Deeping Wall?
#3. I noticed that a first wave of uruk-hai come, with siege ladders, and wargs, how is the best way to eliminate this first wave completely?
#4. How many waves are there? I stopped after the second one.
#5. How should I destroy the battering rams?
#6. How should I use my heroes?
#7. Shold I make more rohirrim, or archers?

Sorry about all the questions, but I really need help!!! Please give any advice you can!!! Thanks.
CoNFuSeD_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 06:14
it's been a long time since i played that, so i'll try to give as much advice as possible, though a bit late.

only build archers with fire arrows, they quickly kill the siege ladders and with some luck they destroy the bombs before they reach the wall. place legolas on the wall, gimli and aragorn behind it and other heroes behind the gate. place archers on top of the gate and on the deeping wall. preferably not on the central part of the deeping wall, since that is the part that will blow up. i think there are 4 waves you have to defeat alone and for the 5th one you get reinforcements from eomer and rohirrim
She_of_the_White_Flames
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 08:19
Ugh. This advice is so late that you most likely don't need it anymore, but I need to disagree with CoNFuSeD_Elessar: Do put ALOT of Archers on the centrall part of the Deeping wall. And make ALL ARCHERS. Don't worry about things like the warg riders. What you should do is, once the elves come, make half elven warriors, and half yeomen archers. Put them all along the walls. If you put them very heavy along the deeping wall, those mines won't even get close. My wall never blew up once. Now, put Legolas on the Deeping wall and have him give out some expirience to those newly minted archers. The need it. Aragorn, Boromir and Gimli should be standing in front of the CLOSED gate. With the Anduril power and Blademaster (that one should be on Auto-set), Aragorn becomes and insane monster. The orcs never know what hit them. Gimli should be leaping into the fray whenever the orcs get thick (otherwise use his Slayer ability). Boromir's Horn of Gondor can also help with crowd controll. If things get too hairy, run those three back into the keep through the postern gate that you should have built. Also, keep them as close to the gate as you can so that the archers stationed above the gate can take out the battering rams. Those can be nasty if they run into your heros. Eowyn and Theoen should be mounted, with three battilions of Rohirrim that they share. Leave Eowyn's shieldmaiden thing on auto set. Now, there are some Peasants that you need to save from the warg riders. This is where you can level up Theoden and Eowyn. Take them and there Rohirrimout to save the peasants, and squash the wargs. Then, send the peasants back out to their deaths. It's cruel, but you need those command points. Now, when Eomer's army comes, don't call him in right away, instead, run Eowyn and Theoden out with thier three Battilions, and THEN call him in. That way, you can easily add the two forces together. After Eomer comes, leave your archers to gaurd the fortress, and take the riders (Mount Gandalf) around to Evict the Orcs from thier camps. But don't finish off all of the buildings right off. Leave one, something like a furnace, standing. Then run your riders around to mop up any survivors, and make sure all those stupid wargs are gone. Then finish off that furnace. Also, when raiding the camps, have Gandalf ride up to the Citadel before anybody else, and do his Word of Power if you have it. If not, just run them all in and Eomer will open up a can of Whoop Butt on those Uruks. WARNING: Avoid pikemen like the black plague. They can dish out alot of pain to mounted units. It's safer to have Gandalf take them out from a distance. As for normal uruks, one word: roadkill. Just run over the guys.
Also, Theoden's Glorious Charge should be abused royaly, as should Aragorn's Blademaster, Eowyn's Shieldmaiden and Gimli's Slayer.

I hope this has been of some help. Oh, and one last thing, Isengaurd is the next mission. Be carefull of Saruman. Whatch for him comeing out of Orthanc, he can flame broil all of your ents before you relize he's on the battlefield. Once you see him, have Treebeard go medieval on his old bony butt and he'll go down faster than he can say "ouch".

[Edited on 25/5/2006 by Lady~Eowyn]
Johan_Oder
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2006 11:56
He guys i need help installing the fellowship mod for battle for middle earth 2 please help
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2006 10:17
Thankyou so much CoNFuSeD_Ellessar and She_of_the_White_Flames!!! Your advice really helped!!! I finished Helm's Deep, and it wasn't so bad when you actually know what you're doing,lol! Now I'm on Minas Tirith. And, I'm having some problems. You have about 7 or 8 minutes to prepare for the Mordor army. Now come my questions:
#1. What should I do while preparing for Mordor's army?
#2. What kind of troops should I make the most of?
#3. Does Mordor use the Balrog???
#4. How should I use my Heroes?
#5. Should stay in Minas Tirith, or should I attack besides defending?
#6. How do you destroy Grond and the siege towers? I can destroy the siege towers, but it takes awhile!!!
#7. How should I go about destroying those annoying catapults???
If anyone can help me that would be great!!! And if you have any other tips or advice, I'd really appreciate it!!!
CoNFuSeD_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 04:43
I don't remeber that level clearly anymore, but what i would do is build a whole load of archers and rangers, fully upgraded, place them on the wall, especially focusing around the gate. some units of rangers can be best put on the second level wall, so they are dead usefull against nazgul and orcs that come on the wall. put faramir in archer mode on the gate and gandalf for a while on the walls to level and destroy siege towers with his first spell. try avoiding using his istari light till grond arrives. when it arrives, you could try destroying it, but it nealry impossible if you don't focus your complete army on it. best is to let it do its work and when gate is destroyed, put gandalf behind it (and a healing well if possible.) your wall defences are best to consist of trebuchets only, they will take out enemy catapults easy enough. also, try build one or two units of gondor knights and upgrade them. they are usefull for cleaning up orcs that are on your walls and to attack outside the walls, once your gate is destroyed. DO NOT BUILD A SIDEGATE. when your rohan reinforcements arrive, pull them behind your wall for a while, till aragorn comes with the ghost army, then destroy all remaining mordor forces and buildings. Try to be cautious with your troops, don't waste them, since the next level will exist of all your surviving men attacking the black gate, which is hard when not at full strength.
PS: mordor doesn't use the balrog

good luck, hope this helps you further
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 06:12
Hi! I have a question about the FOTR PC game, and I would really appreciate it if someone could help.

I am now on the part where Aragorn has to defeat the troll on Weathertop. Do you know any helpful hints to get past it? I have been trying to stand far away and shoot arrows,but it just comes right up, and kills him. Thanks!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2006 05:13
Any tips for beating the Witch King in the ROTK PC game?
RienofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2006 04:23
I have a technical problem: When i try to log-in on the online multiplayer in the Battle of Middle Earth 2, it gives me a message that says "Login Timed out." Why is it doing this? It has been doing this for awhile.
sasanoah
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2015 07:27
CoNFuSeD_Elessar said:I don't remeber that level clearly anymore, but what i would do is build a whole load of archers and rangers, fully upgraded, place them on the wall, especially focusing around the gate. some units of rangers can be best put on the second level wall, so they are dead usefull against nazgul and orcs that come on the wall. put faramir in archer mode on the gate and gandalf for a while on the walls to level and destroy siege towers with his first spell. try avoiding using his istari light till grond arrives. when it arrives, you could try destroying it, but it nealry impossible if you don't focus your complete army on it. best is to let it do its work and when gate is destroyed, put gandalf behind it (and a healing well if possible.) your wall defences are best to consist of trebuchets only, they will take out enemy catapults easy enough. also, try build one or two units of gondor knights and upgrade them. they are usefull for cleaning up orcs that are on your walls and to attack outside the walls, once your gate is destroyed. DO NOT BUILD A SIDEGATE. when your rohan reinforcements arrive, pull them behind your wall for a while, till aragorn comes with the ghost army, then destroy all remaining mordor forces and buildings. Try to be cautious with your troops, don't waste them, since the next level will exist of all your surviving men attacking the black gate, which is hard when not at full strength.
PS: mordor doesn't use the balrog

good luck, hope this helps you further

hey all, I have played the good campaign many times and what i do is keep boromir and gandalf right in the courtyard and faramir on the wall. cover the walls with rangers and DONT LEAVE ANY BULDING SPOTS. you can make all kinds of baracks and AR to produce units. for the most part, i kept my gate wide open and had infanty and heroes hold out. If they get overwhelmed you can obviously close the gate. Use gandalf, the reinforcmentf from power points and the rohan/aragorn reinforcments to kill their bases.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email