Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Miri, you'll need one of these:
free image hosting

A motor trike to carry all the gear. Not exactly Legolas is it? Seriously though, find a local archery club, they'll have courses. Don't do what me and my brother did. He made me a bow using elastic and an old garden cane as an arrow. It was far more effective than either of us had hoped. I fired the arrow over the house! Needless to say it was confiscated and we were grounded.

[Edited on 05/15/2014 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
[b]tarcolan said

Don't do what me and my brother did. He made me a bow using elastic and an old garden cane as an arrow. It was far more effective than either of us had hoped. I fired the arrow over the house! Needless to say it was confiscated and we were grounded.

[Edited on 05/15/2014 by tarcolan]

That is too funny, tarc!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
5Abby85
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, I would love to start archery so if any of you guys know of an Archery place in KwaZulu Natal-South Africa,could you pleeaassse tell me about it. It will really be appreciated
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Here's a few-
http://sanifaa.co.za/club-listing/kwazulu-natal-clubs/
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Hi guys! I am wanting to get back into archery next spring. I really enjoyed it! Does anyone have any tops for me?
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
tips sorry
LareowNorthan
Council Member
Send Message
@ Legolas23:
I am not sure how experienced of an archer you are, but here are a few general tips:
1) Build up to your final weight. Work out those muscles daily if you can
2) Practice as often as possible. Short sessions frequently throughout the week is usually better than one very long session.
3) Practice at different distances to the target. If you practice one distance, you will get very good... for just one distance.
4) You can only shoot calmly if you can think calmly. Only practice if you can relax.
5) Find other archers in friends, family, coworkers, etc. Team support is always helpful.
May the shooting go well,
Student of the North
Sindarin: No i brestanneth anírach tírad vi amar Enlgish: Be the change you wish to see in the world
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Those look like good tips, LareowNorthan!

My older brother got a bow not too long ago. It's a recurve with a 35 pound draw. I've only shot it a few times, but I really like it so far. Now I can finally practice again, and hopefully become a fairly accurate shot once more.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I finally think it may be warm enough for me to shoot! My advice would be to protect your fingers and your wrists, especially the first few days that you are shooting. Always check your gear and arrows before you shoot, and never use arrows with any deformities. Take breaks during the first week of the season and never shoot at anyone. If there are others watching you or observing you, be sure that they are standing behind you and not ahead of you. Some of these are common sense and I now that you are all smarter than that, but hey, you never know who is reading this.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Codex
Council Member
Send Message
At girl scout Camp I learned a bit of archery, not as much as i had hoped but Iill find a way to learn more.
Fare thee Well
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email