Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Ranger's First Meeting
on: September 25, 2005 04:43
OOC: I hope Itama will forgive me for giving her dialogue so that we can all get into the next morning. Feel better, Captain!

Niere looked at Itama, who looked back as if she wanted to grab the other girl's arm and drag her home before she did anything else to upset the Steward's family. "I thank you for not bringing me before the Steward," she said to Boromir. When she saw another man sillouetted against the moonlight, she drew herself up higher. "I apologize for my harsh words, Captain Faramir."

The young man, really he must have been nearly the same age as she, nodded. "I accept your apology, Sergeant."

Niere turned a little and noticed that Itama was staring at Faramir, not obviously, but looking at him while keeping her eyes lowered. She elbowed her friend. "If you don't plan to punish us tonight, my lords, we should rejoin our company."

Itama appeared to come back to herself. "I bid you both goodnight." With a shallow curtsy, she grabbed Niere's hand and pulled her out of the building and into the streets. "Are you insane?" she hissed. "Timara's going to skin me."

"No, she won't. I did this on my own, I'll take full responsibility for my actions," Niere said stoutly. In truth, she was still unsure as to whether or not Faramir would punish her for insubordination once they were back in Ithilien or not. She and Faramir might be nearly the same age, but he had more experience in fighting and commanding rangers than she. In the future, she would have to keep her mouth closed.

They managed to make it back to Anya's house without further mishaps and collapsed into bed after stripping off their gowns. Niere stared at the wall for a long time, wondering what the morning would bring.

When she woke, the sun was shining in a bright pattern on the floor. Pulling her clean clothes out of her knapsack, she dressed as a ranger once more. The only exception to the practical ensemble was that she had no time to braid her hair before racing outside. The others were gone, so she was sure she'd overslept.

She found the others sitting on a collection of barrels down a sidestreet, eating bread with either cheese or jelly. Her own stomach rumbled in protest and she nodded her good-mornings before asking where they'd bought the food. Claira pointed her down a main street and to her surprise, the baker's bread was still warm.

The breeze blew her hair into her eyes as she munched on a small loaf of bread and an apple while trying to remember which way she'd come. Blast, she thought, I would get lost during the day when I had no trouble last night.

"You'll end up eating your own hair if you keep that up," a voice said in her ear.

She shrieked and jerked, dropping her apple into the dust as she turned. Boromir looked just a little sheepish as he retrieved the fruit. He held it out. "You startle easily."

Accepting the apple, she tried to tuck her hair behind her ears. "No one woke me up this morning, so I had to find them without doing anything with this mop."

"I suppose we're lucky you stopped to put clothes on," quipped Itama from behind her. "Timara said that you were taking too long, so she sent me to find you."

OOC: I'll let you take the story now, Inwe. I don't want to put too many more words in your mouth. Maybe bring Faramir into this? *wiggles eyebrows*
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 06:51
OOC: it's not a problem, I really don't mind it a bit, and don't tempt me to! *giggle*

Itama laughed at her friend. "Man, Niere, you didn't even do your hair you were in such a rush," she said with a grin. "And you have a really girly scream," she added, sidestepping for the jibe. "You're not blushing, are you?" she whispered to Niere with an evil grin and a gleam in her eyes.

Boromir looked at Itama, cutting thier conversation short. "How is Captain Timara faring?" he asked her. "I believe she's doing quite well, just a few scratches, from what I saw, anyway, Lord Boromir," she told him, though her mind wasn't really on the subject anymore. She was thinking about Faramir and all the crazy things she and Niere had gotten themselves into, but mostly Faramir..

OOC: akk! Sorry if it stinks, brain went explody trying to teach mom how to use her laptop.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 08:45
OOC: I'd love to see your brain go explody.

"Niere, you didn't even do your hair, you were in such a rush," she said with a grin. "And you have a really girly scream," she added, sidestepping for the jibe. "You're not blushing, are you?"

She was blushing, and trying to silence her lieutenant in a public street in front of one of the Steward's sons was not an option. So Niere opted for dignity. "Of course I have the scream of a girl," she said snidely, "I am a girl. However much that may surprise you."

She barely heard the short conversation between Boromir and Itama, mostly because she'd pulled out a band for her hair and had managed to get it into a thick knot at the nape of her neck by the time she noticed another man coming toward the small group.

Grinning, she saw a tiny chance for subtle revenge. "Why Lieutenant, it appears we have another visitor," she said sweetly. "Perhaps you should greet him." Itama started, then stared as Faramir joined the group.

"I had hoped to inquire after your captain," he said politely.

"This is Itama Ulairi, I don't know if you were formally introduced last night," Niere said, slowly backing away from them all. "If you'll please excuse me, I have business to finish." With a quick bow, she was down the street and around a corner, safely out of sight of the two men and Itama.

"Whew," she whistled under her breath as she sat down and pulled the crude knot loose. Setting aside the rest of her food, she pulled a small comb from her pouch and started to untangle her hair. "Make an idiot of yourself in front of the highest people in the City, what a wonderful idea," she muttered to herself. She stopped running the comb through her hair at the sound of bootheels on cobbles. "If you keep following me, sir, I shall think you have an interest in me." She looked up to find Boromir taking a seat beside her.

He moved his shoulders in a half-shrug. "Perhaps I do. Not many women of low rank would dare to confront my brother." His gray eyes studied her, "You've more than your share of boldness."

"That would be nothing I've not heard before," she said, dividing her hair into three strands and beginning to braid it. The sun was warm on her face, but her stomach felt as if a flock of birds had been released in it. "That is why I left home to join the rangers. My parents wished me to marry, I thought otherwise." She tied off the braid, "Not good thoughts for a farm girl who should know better."

OOC: I really have to go to choir now. Have fun with Faramir, Itama!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2005 05:19
OOC: Nice one, Niere! *snickers* I shall have fun!

Itama's smug smile disappeared as Faramir came upon the three of them. She felt the heat rise on her cheeks and glanced at Niere, who was muffling a snicker. She gave her friend a sour look. Niere only smirked at her and disappeared.

Stifling a groan, Itama took a deep breath before turning her attention back to Faramir. "Oh. Hello, Lord Faramir. I wasn't expecting to see you here. Timara is doing fine. Nothing more than a few minor scratches, is all," she told him, trying not to stammer and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear nervously. For once the usually outspoken Lieutenant was left speechless and her stomach felt like it was full of butterflies.

Good Eru, I should have seen that coming. She knows how much I fancy him. Ah well,... Itama thought, slightly amused at what Niere had done. She stole a glance at Faramir, then quickled looked away when he caught her looking over. She wondered if she should say anything.

OOC: *falls over laughing* Okay, snacktime. Posting while hungry is not good.

Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2005 07:29
OOC: I'm going to try to bring this back to the group in general now. Hope people can post soon!

Niere found she had no idea what to say to Boromir. Why would he follow her instead of staying with his brother? He had duties of his own and she was still learning hers, she could ill-afford distractions in the form of men right now. "I thank you for your kindness and understanding, Lord Boromir," she said, standing up. "I should rejoin my party."

"You seem to be always seperated from them, Niere." He frowned slightly, then let her name roll off his tongue. "Niere Tathariel. An elvish name for a human girl. Sweet willow-daughter, unless my grasp of languages has gone entirely."

She looked up, surprised that he had managed to notice what few others had. "Yes. My mother wished her daughter to have a graceful and noble name." She let out a short laugh. "And here I stand wearing my brother's old clothes with dust in my hair and a sword at my side."

"I think my brother will have an interesting time helping to command your company. How odd that most of you are women." Boromir stood and they walked down the street toward the place where Niere had left Timara and Claira. "I should like to hear the story of how that came about one day."

"You have your brother in our midst, my lord," Niere said. "I should think he will write to inform you of it." She caught sight of her captain and was relieved to see that Timara looked calm in the sunlight.

"Captain, Lord Boromir is here." Niere nearly bit her tongue for stating such an obvious fact. All she could do was wait to see what Timara would say to him.

OOC: Go ahead Timara. I hope you're feeling better now!

[Edited on 10/1/2005 by Niere]
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 09:55
OOC I am SO sorry everyone...I have been feeling horrible and things keep happening to me and I don't have any "me time" and and...I've missed being here..........anywho

Timara was relaxing in the morning sunlight trying not to think about much of anything, Anya told her to rest today, when Niere walked up and said "Captain, Lord Boromir is here." Timara slowly opened her eyes, hoping it was a joke, but seeing he really was standing there, "good morning Boromir"

"Good morning Tima" he said kindly "I do hope you haven't been to hard on your Sargeant after last night"

"what? last night...what did she do last night?" Timara eyes went from Boromir to Niere then back to Boromir. Niere blushed and looked as though she might run at any moment "Niere may I speak with you a moment?" Timara said calmly as she stood.

"Timara she was only trying to help" Boromir said stepping towards Timara

"good day to you boromir" Timara said with a slight nod then she walked around to Anya's garden and sat down on a bench gesturing for Niere to sit beside her, " now, would you like to tell me what he was talking about?" Timara said maintaining a calm tone, "and you need not look as though I'm about to shoot you, Niere, I just want to know what you "did" last night" she added with a small chuckle.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 04:10
OOC: *giggles* Timara, you said good morning twice.

"And you need not look as though I'm going to shoot you, Niere. I simply want to know what you did last night."

Niere clasped her hands together and swallowed hard. "I went to find Captain Faramir after you returned to Anya's house last night. I wanted to know what he said that made you so careless of your own safety." She shot Boromir a puzzled look, not understanding why he would come to the defense of a girl he knew next to nothing about. "I did not get far before I was caught. I said nothing to Faramir that he could not have already thought of; I accused him of nothing."

"And it is better that she did not, or other action might have been taken." Boromir leaned back against the wall and contemplated the small group. "I do not like my brother's honor to be questioned."

"I have already apologized," Niere said through her teeth. "What more do you wish?"

"Boromir, let her alone. You are making her more nervous than a dozen cats," said the last voice in the world Niere wanted to hear. Could she never escape the Steward's sons today? Nevertheless, she turned around and nodded. "Captain Faramir." She noted that Itama was trailing their new commander, looking slightly sheepish and a with not a few stars in her eyes.

OOC: Hope that lets up on your nerves on being alone with him, Inwe!
Inwe_Elensar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2005 05:05
Faramir nodded to Niere, and Itama smiled at her, though she stayed close by Faramir instead of taking up position nearer her friend. She knew Niere would understand why, and knowing her, would probably tease her to no end about it later on.

"Hey, Niere, good morning, Captain," she said pleasantly, looking over to Timara and giving her a respectful nod. "I hope you didn't get in a lot of trouble, Niere," Itama said, grinning at her friend. From what she and Faramir had walked in on, it didn't seem like it. At least, that's what she hoped. Itama tapped her nails on the hilt of her sword nervously and snuck a look at Faramir.

OOC: thanks, Niere! It works wonders! I think my muse ran away, and my writing inspiration has been nil.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 02, 2005 02:38
Claira watched the conversation between her three leaders and the stewards sons quietly while munching on her breakfast. She thought it best not to say anything while nerves seemed to be running high.

As she watched she seemed to notice that there were only four rangers around. Had they lost most of their group for good? Would any of them come back? That was a question that Claira would love to know.

"Umm, question," Claira said swallowing a lump of cheese, "when are we heading back to Henneth? Not that I don't love the city, but I'm more of a country girl who loves the woods and I really miss the quiet of the forest.... though the battles weren't very quiet, but that's another story..."

((OOC - I too have lost my muse. I don't know what to write, and I feel kinda left out.... I know that as leaders you feel a special bond, but I really feel left out. I try to keep my posts so you guys can interact and I feel like I'm rarely mentioned... :cry: You do want me here, don't you? Ok, I'm done with my rambling now.))
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 07:26
NOTICE:
This RP is closed. No one will be checking it for new posts or answering old ones. Sorry for any inconvenience.
-Niere

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by Niere]
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email