Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
GollumDeagol
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: January 19, 2005 10:38
The character I have wanted to slap so many times is gollum..thank god sam realized he was evil..I think sam and Frodo should of just thrown him in the dead marshes when they had the chance....would of made things a little easier for frodo and sam..

Yheah, except they wouldn't have been able to find their way to Mount Doom, and even if they had, Frodo would have claimed the ring and the quest would have failed.

And Gollum wasn't evil, he was under the influence of an evil supernatural force. A force he lived with for 500 years...
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 08:13
Farimir for being an evil fiend to Gollum! It was bad enough that he let his army guys beat Gollum, but grabbing him by the throat like that in the EE really turns me against him.

Frodo and Sam for doing nothing while Farimir chokes Gollum.

Denethor for being mean to Farimir.

Denethor for eating in an over-the-top evil manner.

Arwen for stalling the movie with her whispering.

All of the Orcs for taking up too much screen time.

Frodo for being too over the top.

Legolas for shooting Grima in the ROTK EE.

Legolas and Gimli for being so cavalier about killing with their counting game.

Gimli for making the warning shot miss.

Gimli for suggesting the dead remain enslaved.

Gandalf for calmly watching Denethor run off in flames and not trying to help him.

The lava for killing Gollum.

The Mouth of Sauron for what he said about Frodo.

Frodo for leaving at the end and making everybody, including me, sad.

Everybody for killing innocent oliphants.

Merry and Pippin for making one too many cheese-ball comments.

Eomer for being Brad Pitt.

Merry so his jaw might go straight.

Wow. What a list. The lava for killing Gollum. *lol* And hey, Merry and Pippin were just trying to have fun.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 11:12
Legolas in the RotK EE when he kills Grima (yup, I'm going to be bitter about that forevermore) - and when he tries shooting the ghost. I mean...how stupid! What was he trying to do? Kill him? Kill a ghost?

Arwen in just about every scene she's in

Denethor just.....because!

~ Grima

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 02:44
Legolas in the RotK EE when he kills Grima (yup, I'm going to be bitter about that forevermore) - and when he tries shooting the ghost. I mean...how stupid! What was he trying to do? Kill him? Kill a ghost?

~ Grima

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by GrimaWormtongue]

Oh gosh, I forgot about that part w/ the "ghost". I know; that was pointless.....
lotrchick7
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 05:49
Yeah, the ghost thing was stupid. I wanted to slap someone eveytime Legolas had blue eyes. I hated his color contacts, they looked so stupid. Makes him look, i dunno, creepy and pale. *shudder*

Denathor was real[u][/u] stupid, and annoying, so i wanted to slap him too.
Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 03:05
I wanna slap Denethor all the time. What he does to Faramir is soooo bad.
And Galadriel at the very end of the movie, this stupid little smile to Frodo and the hobbits before she leaves (at the grey havens). Grrr.
And Eowyn when she keeps sticking to Aragorn. Poor guy has other things to do.
Frodo's "Go home" and Gollum because he is the reason for that.
Ok, that is my opinion. I guess some won't agree for Galadriel.
Let me know.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 07:48

And Galadriel at the very end of the movie, this stupid little smile to Frodo and the hobbits before she leaves (at the grey havens). Grrr.

Why? I thought that was a really sweet moment. I can't understand why you don't like that part out of all the other parts that could well have irked you more O_o

And Eowyn when she keeps sticking to Aragorn. Poor guy has other things to do.

You're a girl, right? I dunno, I'm just assuming - but I think, if you were in Eowyn's place, you'd be the same. Or if there was someone who you really liked (not particularly Aragorn)

~ Grima
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 05:42
Let's see...

I wanted to slap...
Gandalf for not telling Frodo (or even Bilbo) that the ring was the One Ring.
Saramaun for beating up Gandalf, raising the Orc armies, and destroying so much.
The ringwraith for stabbing Frodo.
Boromir for being so darn annoying during the CoE.
Pippin for saying, "Where are we going?" (he doesn't say that in the book...and it makes him sound SO stupid.)
Gimli for talking them into going into the mines of Moria.
The Balrog for killing Gandalf.
The Orcs for killing Boromir, beating on Merry and Pippin and eventually Frodo, and just being evil in genral.
Grima Wormtounge in every scene.
Theoden for being so annoying before/during Helm's Deep.
The Ents for taking so darn long to decide to fight.
Faramir for capturing Sam & Frodo and taking them to Osgiliath, and making Gollum think Frodo betrayed him.
Frodo for sending Sam away. (What was he thinking?!)
Gollum for leading Frodo to Shelob.
Denethor(all the time.)
The Witch-King for being evil.
Frodo for putting on the ring.
Gollum for beating on Sam & biting Frodo.

But mostly, I think I wanted to slap Sauron for making the ring.
Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 06:06
Yeah Grima, I was sure you wouldn't agree. But I can't hlp it : Galadriel just goes on my nerves. Sorry all fans !
Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 06:21
I forgot some characters to slap.
-all the fellowship when they don't help Gandalf in the mines (after the fight with the balrog, they could have helped him up, he just falls because nobody does anything but crying "Gandaaaalf !!")
-Pippin when he makes that stuff fall into the well (that was SO silly)
-Elrond when he says "someone has to do it" (destroy the ring) but he doesn't go himself.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 07:30
Yeah Grima, I was sure you wouldn't agree. But I can't hlp it : Galadriel just goes on my nerves. Sorry all fans !

No, there's no need to apologise. Afterall, that's your opinion

~ Grima
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 12:38
-Elrond when he says "someone has to do it" (destroy the ring) but he doesn't go himself.

I think that's a silly thing for a "wise" elf to say.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 02:20
When Aragorn smiled at Eowyn, Denethor trying to burn Faramir(yeah he probably would have taken the counseling option over the burning and falling option), and I hate to say it, but, everytime Frodo got high and mighty(which I thought he did a LOT)
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 07:58
everytime Frodo got high and mighty(which I thought he did a LOT)

Dude, it was the RING dude. Sometimes he just couldn't control himself....and I'm sure you couldn't either if you had to carry the ring to Mt. Doom. Don't blame Frodo....
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 12:34
I realize it was the ring..but the question was when you just wanted to slap that character. I wanted to slap him to wake him up and snap him out of the ring's spell, not because i thought HE deserved it. And to be honest, I would have had a hard time tossing the thing into the fires of Mt. Doom.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 03:42

I think that's a silly thing for a "wise" elf to say.

I thought that part was hysterical!!!
"One of you must do this!"
Yep, the emphasis on the "you" is so great

~ Grima
Milliecake
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 04:06
The Witchking with his 'Die now' comment to Eowyn. I mean, I know he couldn't exactly have said 'You fool. No man can kill me. By the way my name is Bob, my favourite colour is black and I like taking long walks through Mordor in the rain. How you doing?' I just felt it would have sounded better without adding the obvious 'I'm going to kill you mwhahahaha' bit :twitch:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 08:11
I realize it was the ring..but the question was when you just wanted to slap that character. I wanted to slap him to wake him up and snap him out of the ring's spell, not because i thought HE deserved it. And to be honest, I would have had a hard time tossing the thing into the fires of Mt. Doom.

Well yeah....I have to admit there was a time when I wanted to slap him pretty hard in the face, too.

Milliecake: *lol* Haha! Why is there always a Bob in every movie?!? :rolleyes:
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 11:28
Milliecake: *lol* Haha! Why is there always a Bob in every movie?!? :rolleyes:

The whole "bob" thing's just a joke, isn't it?
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2005 11:34
Yeah I know it's just a joke, but seriously: look at the end credits of every movie and you WILL see a Bob....
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 12:21
haha! I always use that 'Bob' joke with my brother - have done for ages by the way, so I haven't stole anyting from here I said something funny last night, but can't remember what it was.... :twitch:

Anyway...carry on....

~ Grima
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 11:50
*lol*
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 05:44
Yeah I know it's just a joke, but seriously: look at the end credits of every movie and you WILL see a Bob....

Is the guy who played the ringwraith named bob?
Milliecake
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 01:40
No his name was Lawrence Makoare (from IMDB ) But it's possible his character was called Bob at some point, maybe before he took one of those nine rings
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 07:57
Haha!
Arwen_Firanor_Estilamir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 08:41
FOTR:
Galadriel picking on Boromir. poor Boz!
Galadriel going evil
Celeborn's droning voice. i thought only Elrond was capable of that!

TTT
More like slap that director...PJ for making Faramir lust after the ring.
Theoden for being too pessimistic at the battle of Helm's Deep.
Elrond for pushing Arwen into a corner. she's 3,000 years old, for Eru's sake, surely old enough to make her own decisions!
Denethor's obvious favouritism. there is nothing that i can't stand more than favouritism. poor Faramir.

ROTK
Aragorn for smashing the Evenstar. what a waste of a beautiful jewel!
Aragorn for leading Eowyn on. why couldn't he have been straight with her in the first place?
Denethor for telling Faramir that he wished him dead, then sending him out to die anyway.
Denethor for attempting to BARBEQUE Faramir.
Frodo for telling Sam to get lost sharpish.
Lady_of_Mirkwood_07
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 04:16
I wanted to knock Denethor's head off everytime he showed his ugly face on screen. I don't think he ever did one good thing. Except provide comic relief when he lit himself on fire. Also Saruman. Who does he think he is? Especially the way he treats Gandalf and Wormtongue (and Eomer and Theoden in the book). And, like everyone else has said, Frodo when he sent Sam away. Seriously, why did Peter Jackson add that to the movie? The book was just fine without it.
Lweven
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 04:19
Oh yes! I cannot stand when Denethor is mean to Faramir.
I cannot knock Frodo down, I blame pj!
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 02:38
i *constantly* wanted to slap "captain obvious" aka legolas. some of his lines were ok, i can see the point in "a red sun rises" but WHAT is with the "a diversion!" line!?! why is it that every time he opens his mouth, it's to toss a snide coment at gimli (ok that's actually pretty funny) or to state what EVERYBODY ALREADY FIGURED OUT!?! ImageImage

sorry - rant over now
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 02:54
I wanted to slap Grima when he went after Eowyn. He said the wrong things to her. "Especially since your brother has left" He had a way of sticking his foot in his mouth.
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 10:59
Denethor! quite a few times..for being so hatefull towards Faramir (including the BBQ, lol) and for wanting the soldiers to flee when the siege began. Théoden...I love this character but when he says that he's fighting for DEATH I'm like "for your PEOPLE!!!" or when he says that the fortress is taken and gives up...that annoys me, that he's so pesimistic..but I understood that character.
x_core_chess08
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 11:42
Frodo has had my animosity sence FotR. Mr. Baggins is so weak whereas Sam maintianed himself through the whole series.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 01:57
I agree with you about Frodo, I love him but Sam is a stronger character.

Denethor would be the person I wanted to slap most.
I wanted to slap Boromir when he was chasing Frodo around in FotR, but he was under the Ring's power kinda so he had lost his mind.
I wanted to slap Pip when he dropped the skeleton into the well, okay he didn't drop it but he kinda pushed it.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Shadowfax500
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 05:49
I may have wanted to slap PJ a few times for some of the alterations to characters in the movie. Most changes were okay... the new Aragorn I can live with, that could just be emphasizing another side book Aragorn may have had but kept hidden. But when Faramir gets as far as taking the Hobbits to Osgiliath when in the book he says something along the lines of: "Even if it [the ring] were lying by the wyaside I would not touch it", and when Frodo sends Sam home... grrr, I couldn't stand that. I think Gimli also could have been used a bit less for comic relief- even though he was funny, he didn't need to be basically just there for laughs... he is after all the only dwarf in the movie (OK, bar the ones lifting up the seven rings at the beginning) so it really doesn't show dwarves very well as a race.
Eowenial
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 10:50
I agree completely with Shadowfax500 on that point..another thing is that Arwen has hardly any dialogues in the book..esp in FOTR..n PJ gave her an entire scene..confronting those Black Riders..that ws sad..he changed Tolkien's concept of drowning 'em..

I'd love to slap Denethor for treating Faramir like that ..tht ws so rude!!..esp. when he was his only heirloom..he actually said that he wanted Boromir in his stead..how can a father say that to his own son!?

Edited by fogriipus for language

[Edited on 3/4/2007 by fogriipus]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email