Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Shadowfax500
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: January 28, 2007 05:37
I can understand most of the Arwen stuff, as although Arwen has little part in the main books she does have a whole story about herself and Aragorn in the appendices. Obviously sticking a whole long Aragorn/Arwen appendix at the end of the film wouldn't work, so he worked some of that material into the film instead.

Although I don't see why it couldn't have been Glorfindel taking the hobbits. And PJ is blantantly biased with his pairings... all that time for Aragorn/Arwen and poor Faramir and Eowyn get one blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot right at the end of ROTK. And not a whole lot more in the EE, either.
Eowenial
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 06:39
thats okay..but PJ could've distributed it over the 3 parts evenly..he gave a good lotta footage to the pair in TTT..He could've showed the House o' Healing part in detail in ROTK..but then God knows wht went into his head..

Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 04:40
Elrond for being pessimistic and Legolas for being a jerk to Aragorn.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 12:14
i totally forgot about that! *whacks Elrond upside the head for totally unnecessary pessimism* but Rulea, when was Legolas a jerk to Aragorn? i thought they got on really well together!
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 12:47
Well, IthilionofMirkwood, there was the time at Helm's Deep when he said they were all going to die.....
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 12:50
good point. *slaps legolas to restore a sense of fairness to the universe*
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 12:53
Yup, the fairness is restored, hehe
~Featari~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 04:06
*slaps Arwen for stealing Glorfindel's part*
*slaps PJ for sending Aragorn on that weird cliff-fall spirit-quest thing in TT8
*slaps PJ for not putting Elladan and Elrohir in any of the movies*
*slaps PJ...again...for screwing up the Evenstar necklace storyline (or at least I think he did)*
*slaps Viggo Mortensen for being so attractive*
That felt good And I actually do like Peter Jackson (on this film, anyways...his earlier works were- ah- interesting...).
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 07:47
*slaps Arwen for stealing Glorfindel's part*
*slaps PJ for sending Aragorn on that weird cliff-fall spirit-quest thing in TT8
*slaps PJ for not putting Elladan and Elrohir in any of the movies*
*slaps PJ...again...for screwing up the Evenstar necklace storyline (or at least I think he did)*

*agrees on all counts*

*slaps MovieLegolas for being two dimensional*
*slaps MovieEnts for not wanting to go to Isengard*
*slaps MoviePippin for being dumb, when he wasn't dumb in the books*
*slaps MovieElrond for being so angry and overprotective*
*slaps MovieFrodo for sending Sam away*
*slaps Eomer (and Theoden too?) for trying to leave Merry behind*
*slaps Denethor for being mean to Faramir*
*slaps Boromir for being so corruptable*
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 01:10
wow, you were really slapping people there Michaela, isn't that a little harsh?

*slaps movie Arwen and Aragorn for stealing Eowyn's and Faramir's love scene!*
*slaps PJ for leaving Glorfindel out* I know he's not a character but whatever.
*slaps movie Legolas for being lame*
*slaps Lurtz for killing Borormir*
*slaps Grima for not taking Theoden's offer* I know he didn't have much choice really, he was going to die, but he shouldn't have listened to grumpy old Saruman.

I think that's enough slapping for now, my hand is getting red and swollen.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
prior_illusionist
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 04:17
*slaps legolas for being so goddamn obvious and for always trying to show up Gimli....just admit it leggy, gimli can beat you at anything and everything...no one kills orcs better than a dwarf!*
mrG
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 04:18
accually I thinks she is quite right

*slaps director for not using imrahil of Dol Amroth

I think that would have deen a nice add
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 10:39
Yeah, Imrahil would have been nice. I like him.

*ponders*

*slaps PJ for too much Aragorn/Arwen and not enough Faramir/Eowyn*

There, that'll do it. For now.
clonch
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 10:43
Aragorn for making the poor little hobbits get up after Gandalf fell.

Gandalf for freaking Frodo out about the ring.

Frodo not believing Sam about Gollum.

Gollum for being an utterly corrupt madman.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 11:02
I agree about Frodo not believe Sam, he did need a good slap there.

*slaps Frodo for not believing Sam again*

Okay, I'm better now.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
EadestreofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2007 01:43
gosh there are tons! but i have to say that some of the worst were:
denethor being a complete...jerk... to faramir. who does he think he is? (his name doesn't even deserve to be capitalized...)
Elrond when he tells Aragorn to get lost and leave Arwen alone
Aragorn for taking his advice
And Frodo when he told Sam to go home. yup, i cry at that part sometimes. what a loser... a hot loser...
Andarthiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 02:23
When Boromir tried to take the ring from Frodo, if Aragorn can resist it why can't he.
When Faramir took Gollum prisoner, this is when he turned against Frodo(poor Smeagol)
Denethor when he stubbornly refused to give up the throne and sent his son to his doom. What kind of a father is he.

[Edited on 15/4/2007 by Andarthiel]
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 05:09
When Boromir tried to take the ring from Frodo, if Aragorn can resist it why can't he.
When Faramir took Gollum prisoner, this is when he turned against Frodo(poor Smeagol)
Denethor when he stubbornly refused to give up the throne and sent his son to his doom. What kind of a father is he.

[Edited on 15/4/2007 by Andarthiel]

I think that Boromir can't resist it because the ring is playing on his weakness -- his overbearing pride and love for Gondor.

And Denethor? Not a very good one.

*slaps Pip for always having to look*
*slaps Merry for being so harsh on Pip after Pip had to look*
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 08:42
wow, a lot of slapping going on in here.

lets see......

*slaps shelob for making Frodo unconscious so that Sam thinks he's dead, poor Sam*
*slaps Sam softly for being so hard on himself. I really do luv ya Sam!*
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 10:11
Yeah, poor guy...he really is too hard on himself.

Let's see...

*Slaps Denethor again, just cos he deserves it*

*Slaps Frodo for believing Gollum over Sam*
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 01:59
*slaps Denethor too, cos he was there*
*slaps Eowyn for pretending to fall in love with Aragorn when she was really in love with Faramir :rolleyes: *
Charlothiena
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2007 09:58
I wanted to slap denethor contiously for poor Faramir! He did not need to be put down like that!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 05:07
hmmm, I think everyone has had a whack at old Denethor....
WitchQueenofAngmar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 10:35
Uh...

Definitely Denethor when he does anything. I wanted to kick him really, really hard when he acted like Faramir was a failure. Fortunately, Gandalf got to him first.

[Edited on 12/7/2007 by WitchQueenofAngmar]
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 06:41
Just a reminder: using all caps is considered flaming and it's against the Board rules.

[Edited on 14/6/2007 by LinweSingollo]
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: June 21, 2007 09:55
*slaps Saruman for being a nitwit*
*slaps Gollum for being so manipulative*
*slaps Denethor 'cause he's a jerk*
*slaps Aragorn for leading Eowyn on*
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2007 03:02
Oooo... I don't get many chances to slap LotR characters.

So... here we go.

:: slaps Aragorn for leading Eowyn on ::
:: slaps Saruman for cutting down all the trees ::
:: slaps Legolas for stating the painfully obvious ::
:: slaps Eowyn for her awful taste in helmets ::
:: slaps Denethor for telling Faramir that he wished that Boromir's and his places had been exchanged::
:: slaps Frodo for believing Sam over Gollum ::

[Edited on 7/5/2007 by asleepingvision]
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2007 01:28
And Frodo when he told Sam to go home. yup, i cry at that part sometimes. what a loser... a hot loser...

Absolutely right. When I watch that scene half of me wants to slap him, and then my teenage half wants to kiss him.

Anyway, right now I'm too lazy to say anymore than that, and to say Denethor is the one I want to give a slapping machine to for Christmas.
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2007 04:39
*slaps Frodo good and hard for telling Sam to go home*

Poor Sam. That part has always bothered me, especially 'cos it wasn't in the book...but whenever I watch that I want to bash Gollum's head against a rock (gee, who am I starting to sound like here? ), give Frodo a piece of my mind, and give Sam a hug.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2008 05:12
I just wanted to slap Theoden practically every single time he came on. I mean, seriously. Did he take lessons in acting like an overgrown brat or what? He gets better in ROTK but in TTT... it would've been a slap-fest.
Also really just wanted to not just slap, but throw Denethor out of the window when he said that thing to Faramir about wanting Faramir to die and Boromir to live. And the really annoying thing is that Denethor was the one that wouldn't let Faramir go in the first place! (As Faramir tells him, more or less, in the book... go Faramir.)

[Edited on 15/4/2008 by LOTR_obsessed_loony]
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Captain_Abigail
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2008 04:04
Lurtz - when he was attacking Boromir and then Aragorn

Smeagoll - when he bited off Frodo's finger i really avoid to watch this scene in the movie! it seems that i almost can feel the pain Frodo felt then.

Witch King - when he stabbed Frodo and was attacking Theoden with his fell beast

Denethor - for being so mean

Faramir and his companions - for kidnapping Frodo and Sam and beating up gollum

[Edited on 17/2/2008 by Captain_Abigail]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2008 04:12
ohh, i like this one (althoug i love lotr!)
...must be frodo at some points, when he's really mean to Sam, especially when he says "you can't help me anymore".. that always makes me cry :cry:
and denethor when he's really mean to faramir and tries to burn him, and when he says "Flee, flee for your lives". but really love it when gandalf hit him whith his staff
i also have a little fancy about beeing one of the three hunters and go kill some orcs
Sheba
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2008 11:51
Denathor-basically all the time. but especially when he put Faramir down, and Said that he would not bow to Aragorn

Grima wormtonge, All the time but especially when he said (about Theodred) "oh he must have died sometime in the night" his tone was revolting

[Edited on 6/3/2008 by Sheba]
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 01:17
Characters I want to clomp upside the head and why:

Boromir: For scaring poor Frodo out of his wits while trying to take the ring. Oh, and for ruffling Frodo's hair like he was four years old! I hated that! :angry:

Wormtoungue: For thinking he even had a chance with Eowyn and for betraying his own people to Saruman. (Slimy weasel. )

Elrond: For doing everything he could to discourage Aragorn's relationship with his daughter, even sending her away, for "her own good". :rolleyes:

Aragorn: For not listening to Legolas when he says they need to move on. (Nobody listens to the elf!)

Legolas: For all those dumb statements that made nobody listen. ("A diversion", really! :rolleyes: )

Eowyn: For thinking she even had a chance with Aragorn. (She did ask him about the Evenstar and he did always act so aloof around her. She could've put two and two together.)

Faramir: For taking his father's abuse even though he knows Daddy will never love him and for being mean to poor Smeagol.

Gollum: For succeeding in turning Frodo against Sam (I blame Gollum and the Ring on that; it wasn't completely Frodo's fault.) and tricking Frodo by being cute little Smeagol that whole time!

Gandalf : For being a little too hard on Pippin a little too often. Yes, Pippin's done some stupid things (I love the little guy, but let's be honest! ) but he does deserve a little respect when he pledges his services to Denethor. But nooo! "War is no place for a hobbit." I mean, he's a Guard of the Citadel for crud's sake! For someone who's supposed to like hobbits, Gandalf sure doesn't waste his time in putting them down! :angry: :angry: (Okay, rant over. )

And last but not least, our favorite punching bag,
Denethor: (takes deep breath) For favoring his older son while wishing his younger son death and then sending said younger son to his death, for believing Faramir was dead even though Pippin and his own eyes told him he wasn't, for not even caring whether his son was dead or not; only that "his line was ended" :angry: :angry: , for instructing the citizens of Minas Tirith to "flee, flee for their lives" (thank you Gandalf!) when the city was under attack, for stuffing his fat, greedy face unconcernedly while Pippin sang (nearly ruined the scene. Nearly. ), for the whole "burning Faramir alive" thing, and for being a bad leader and a worse parent!
TheStriderRider
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2008 02:28

When Eowyn goes and kills the Witchking (cmon now what's that all about? [i haven't got that far in ROTK so don't ruin the book for me] i was waiting for Gandalf and the Witchking to have some big fight, bcuz they were leading up to something like that but noooo, Eowyn has to go and step in and kill him herself?!!?!?) .... :twitch: ...yeah, okay im done for now

That's actually my favorite part in the movie. "I am no man" *STAB!!!* Eowyn's my hero. Gandalf gets more than his fair share of action, my friend.

The part that I want to slap people the most is when Theoden just stands there when the Nazgul's like "hi". I know it's like shock and everything, but if he'd just...not freaked out, he'd have prolly lived, dolt.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email