Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: March 06, 2008 08:18
*slaps Eowyn for killing that poor Fell Beast*
*slaps Gimli for killing all those poor Wargs*
*slaps Denethor just for the fun of it*
*slaps Boromir (slightly less hard than she slapped the rest) for acting so arrogant in the films*
*gives Aragorn a bit of a tap for obsessing over that stupid pendant*
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
EldyTindomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2008 01:29
It's slappin' time!!! lol

Let's see..

*Denethor for telling Faramir he would prefer if he had died instead!That was the meanest thing ever!!

*Haldir in the FotR for being so stuck-up!!

*Eomer and Theoden for telling Merry he can't fight.Especially Eomer who actually made fun of him!!

*Ted for hitting on Rosie!*watch it dude!!!!*

*Theoden when he tells Aragorn "Theoden NOT Aragorn is King of Rohan!* Aragorn only wanted to help!!!

*Aragorn for ending his elvish talk with Legolas in English!Yeah let everyone know what you were talking about!!!

*Freda when she says "Where's mama??" Arghhh!!!

*Grima when he's talking to Eowyn and touches her neck!! Ewww you!!!

* And I'm really sorry about this.. but I wanted to slap Legolas when he tried to kill the ghost!!!
But that was PJs idea so I'll slap him instead!! *hugs Legolas*

[Edited on 7/4/2008 by EldyTindomiel]
ôldôr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 06:16
Denathor - All the time!!!
Eowyn - She annoys me when she likes Aragorn.
Grima - I'll wear gloves to do that.
Lurtz - For killing Boromir!!!!
Rinion_Eldandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2008 08:48
ARWEN! I mean seriously Liv Tyler, don't you have better things to do instead of ruining LOTR ! let's see........
fords of bruinen-Glorfindel gandalf frodo and elrond all get their parts taken because arwen's a moron with her "nin o hithaeglir.." stuff. *smack* :angry: :banghead: :angry: :banghead: :angry: :banghead: anyone else agree?

[Edited on 15/4/2008 by Rinion_Eldandil]
HannaofElves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2008 12:26
I agree with Rinion_Eldandil , no offense but Arwen bugs me mainly in the "Flight to the Ford", she was showing off a bit much and poor Glorfindel got his part stolen. :angry:
Oh and I would slap Denethor so hard for being so mean to Faramir, It's not his fault his brother died and he wasn't born first. et: Poor Faramir, don't worry I still love you.:love:

I would slap Grima if he wasn't so gross for touching Eowyn!(Freak!!)
Maelstronnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2008 05:03
The need-to-slap-someone bits for me are(in the movie):
Pippin at Bree for getting drunk and revealing stuff about Frodo
Boromir for being a jerk at the Council
Denethor...who wouldn't. Escpecially at the EE Osgiliath part where he totally puts down Faramir. And when they're about to burn.
Grima for scaring Eowyn at Theodred's deathbed (I mean... how inconsiderate)
Gimli when they first meet Eomer on the Plains. I always think, "Gimli just DONT say anything"
Gollum, just for turning Frodo against Sam
Frodo, for believing Gollum. Gullible.
And Lurtz and Sharku for being really mean to people especially if they've just apparently killed one of the main characters.
Alatáriël_Telemnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 09:25
-Elrond when he says "someone has to do it" (destroy the ring) but he doesn't go himself.

I think that's a silly thing for a "wise" elf to say.

I thought that part was hysterical!!!
"One of you must do this!"
Yep, the emphasis on the "you" is so great

~ Grima

Ahaha, I agree with that. In fact, I keep snorting whenever he talks. He emphasises a lot of things.
All right... Characters I want to slap:

- Gollum.. for being so annoying. Seriously. Trying to make Frodo go against Sam? Bad Gollum!
- Denethor for putting Faramir down so low with his remarks and his comparison with Boromir. I know how it feels to be put down like that.
- As much as I love you Elrond but I just have to slap you for being such a... you know what to Aragorn. Oh, and you could have just grabbed the Ring from Isildur and casted it into the fire but did you do it? Noooooo... You just
had to stand there and stare at Isildur with a face that reminded me of Mrs Tweedy from Chicken Run.
- Grima Wormtongue... for being such a slimeball.
horsey_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2008 12:55
a few. but the one that sticks in my head right now is when faramir asks if denethor had rather he died instead of boromir and he agrees argharghargharghargh
elennilda
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2008 05:34
- Frodo when he sends Sam back, I really hated that.
- Pippin when he touches that skeleton in Moria
- Faramir when he goes back to Osgiliath, knowing it will probably kill all his men, while Minas Tirith desperately needs all men there are!
heri_sinyë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2008 11:45
ok, I'm not a very patient person, so people (and characters) get on my nerves all the time. Listing some of the most annoying moments:

- Frodo when he sends Sam back in the movies...(for heavens sake...why???). I'm completely with you elennilda.

- Aragorn and Legolas when they both start telling Boromir what a fool he is at the Council of Elrond (I know they were right about what they said but I just love Boromir and wont have them messing with him ).

- Pippin when he takes the palantir from Gandalf while this one is sleeping, (come on Pippin knew he shouldn't do it, it all ended up fine but....arghhhh).

- Gandalf, when he stops to read the book they find in Moria, knowing the place is filled with goblins and that a Balrog was awoken years ago in the depths of Moria (seems like the smartest thing to do, take a break to read a dusty book you could perfectly bring with you and read once you've reached Lorien...).

- And also the way that Elrond says "The Ring must be destroyed", and it's got to be in Mordor, at Mount Doom, and you're probably going to die or something because you're all too weak to resist the call of The Ring, but....one of you must do this, (because I'm too clever and too important to do it....yeah, right).

But, hey, I love them all...
isildurn_tinuviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2008 10:12
Denethor when he tells Faramir that he wished he had died instead of Boromir. (I actually threw something at the TV one day, it made me so mad. )

Boromir everytime he seems to think about the Ring. (I love him though. nothing will change that. lol. heri_sinye, i agree with you 100%. although, he should show a little more respect for Aragorn.)

Grima all the time. no specific scene.

Frodo in Mt.Doom. "The Ring is mine." Dumb little hobbit moment.

Galadriel all the time. She just flat out annoys me.

Pippin when he looks at the Palantir. (Smooth, Pip, real smooth.)

Elrond whenever he talks. Generally, whatever comes out of his mouth annoys me.

[Edited on 2/8/2008 by isildurn_tinuviel]
RienofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2008 07:11
Although i am a legolas fan, i was annoyed at a lot of the lines that they gave his character. They seemed a little desperite to give him something to say, for example, when Aragorn in the ROTK is describing his plan to pull out the armies in Mordor, Legolas clarifys everything for us by explaining its "A diversion"...thanks legolas, i was totally lost without you there lol.
popcultureelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2008 10:25
The mouth of Sauron. The way he lies so [/i]obviously [i]about Frodo being dead, I just wanted Gandalf to say "No, he's not dead you stupid idiot!!!!" I was soooooo happy when Aragorn sliced his head off:evil:
Lurearanel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2008 06:49
Here's my top 10:
10. Gandalf for yelling at Pippin.
9. Aragorn for acting interested in Eowyn.
8. Eowyn for trying to be all macho.
7. Frodo for not throwing the ring in the fire after all.
6. The person who decided for Soromon to die early and not show the Scouring of the Shire.
5. The Balrog for snatching Gandalf.
4. Sam for being all weepy all the dang time.
3. Gollum, to dislodge the crud in his throat.
2. The eye. Or a good poke would do the trick.
1. Denethor on all of his scenes but especially when trying to burn Faramir.
StrangertotheRain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2008 02:13
ARWEN! I mean seriously Liv Tyler, don't you have better things to do instead of ruining LOTR ! let's see........
fords of bruinen-Glorfindel gandalf frodo and elrond all get their parts taken because arwen's a moron with her "nin o hithaeglir.." stuff. *smack* :angry: :banghead: :angry: :banghead: :angry: :banghead: anyone else agree?

[Edited on 15/4/2008 by Rinion_Eldandil]

The last time I checked, Phillipa Boyens and Fran Walsh were the ones writing the script, not Liv Tyler. Direct your rage to either them or someone else because Liv Tyler was only doing her job as an actress, and a fine job she did I say.

Then again, is there really a need for rage?

Secondly, I hope you understand that a lot of those changes were necessary due to those who have never read the books before the movies. Arwen to me is a very misunderstood character. She had a very important role in the books even if she was only in the "background." She deserved to have her part in the movies if you ask me. Please be a bit more open-minded about the issue.

And the last time I looked at the rules, they stated that the forums were to be used for intelligent discussion, not mere character bashing.

If you're upset by my post, sorry. I can be very blunt at times.

[Edited on 31/10/2008 by StrangertotheRain]
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2009 11:41
I wanted to give Faramir a good smack for the cruelty he showed towards Frodo and Sam. During the part where the Rangers see Osgiliath burning, Frodo, with tears in his eyes, pleads with Faramir to let him go; but all Faramir does is move on with no remorse. I wanted to hit him good.

There are so many times where I have wanted to give Eowyn a good punch in the face. I'll only list three though.

1. When she has that stupid conversation with Aragorn in the stables.

2. When she hands him the chalice in Edoras and smiles at him. (ooh, that made me mad!!)

3. When she walks close to Aragorn during the journey to Helm's Deep and their shoulders are touching. That whole flirtation moment made me irate.

I wanted to give Aragorn a slap when he allowed Eowyn to hug him. He kisses Arwen multiple times and suddenly he lets another woman hug him. (um, what about being loyal?)

Theoden really annoyed me when he gave up hope towards the last moments in Helm's Deep.

Frodo upset me when he sent poor Sam home and trusted Gollum instead. That was the worst part of ROTK besides all those Eowyn moments.
narnianhobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2009 11:14
Frodo sending Sam home:cry:

Denethor stuffing his face while Faramir goes on a almost certainly suicidal mission.

Denethor trying to burn himself and Faramir alive.

Gollum. Anytime. Period.

Wormtongue hitting on Eowyn.

PJ leaving out 2 of my favorite scenes.

renttelb12
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2010 02:36
I would have seriously liked to slap Elrond for saying "Men are weak", and all that stuff.

And I'd like to slap Boromir at the council for pushing his point way too much....

Slap Saruman for taking the part of 'commanding Caradhras' when it was supposed to be the mountain itself

Slap the ents for bein lazy bums and not immediatly going to Isengard

slap Haldir in FOTR for being so aloof...but i forgive him cuz he diess........sob...

SLAP CELEBORN FOR EVEN OPENING HIS MOUTH TO SAY SOMETHING!

Slap Boromir for his ring issues

Theoden for being pessimistic at Helms Deep,

Grima for bein a general idot around Eowyn, slap them for all their Aragorn/Eowyn stuff

....Faramir for taking the hobbits to Osgiliath, and acting unfeeling

....Denenthor for being a moron, like stuffing his mouth when his son is on a suicidal mission and then trying to burn his ALIVE son.

Frodo for kicking Sam out.

Slap Frodo when he says 'the ring is mine'

Slap Gollum, anytime

They are the main ones I think
(Note: I am a great fan of the movies, but these things were kind of annoying)

[Edited on 10/7/2010 by renttelb12]
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 30, 2010 04:55
Funny, I always want to slap the scriptwriters rather than the innocent characters Although I can hardly bear watching Legolas and Gimli having a good time when everyone else is fighting for their lives. I do feel like punching those two then
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
tari_yevetil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2012 06:43
I've wanted to slap Eowyn for hitting on Aragorn
"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: March 22, 2012 08:56
Isildur and Frodo, of not throwing the ring away poor Sam and Elrond; Also Gollum, though I really pity him for being cursed all the time just for his bad luck of finding the ring with Deagol...
NimrodelArwenka
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2012 08:58
Slap Faramir for taking Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath I was like noooo.... Faramir, you are not supposed to to do that

Slap Frodo for sending Sam home... I do not believe Frodo would ever do that

Slap Sam for actually really going home!! Like I in his place would sneak around and follow them unnoticed

And I wanted to slap Denethor for not listening to Gandalf's counsel

Oh and one more slap for Faramir for going to fight to Osgiliath just to win Denethor's appreciation
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2012 06:28
-Denethor, telling Faramir, that he wished he had died instead of Boromir (right to his face! gosh... )
-Denethor, wanting to burn Faramir, who is NOT DEAD (the idiot)
-Denethor, making Pippin sing and pigging out while his son is on a suicide mission, just to please his father (selfish jerk)
-Denethor, telling his men to flee (moron... but Gandalf takes care of that for me )
-Denethor, telling Faramir "that would depend on the matter of your return" (seriously? what kind of father are you?!) :evil:

Can you tell Denethor bugs me? (basically, I'd gladly slap him any time... preferably more than slap him...like, throw him in the middle of an orc feeding frenzy... mwahahahahaaa...) jk

-But i also wanted to slap some sense into Frodo when he said "the Ring is mine" (but gently! i would never really hurt him)
- Any orc, any time.
- When Gollum betrayed Frodo and Sam
- Pippin, for taking the Palantír (again, not too hard!)
- Grima, for betraying Rohan and telling Saruman that they were going to Helms Deep (with women and children!! )
-And P.J., for killing off Haldir!!!!! *sniffle*
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Nrogara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2012 06:45
Denethor, Eowyn, and Boromir the whole time, because I didn't like them. I even missed the thing with Arwen when reading the Fellowship and when reading TT I still didn't like Eowyn. And when Faramir falls in love with Eowyn cuz I liked him and not her. Boromir and Denethor I never trusted. Like father like son, I guess.
Image Image
Elrond222
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2012 02:35
When Gollum tosses the lembas over the cliff after sprinkling it on sam (though it never happened in the book)And when Aragorn And Arwen start smooching in Rivendell-as a flash back in TTT- when they arnt even married. totally immoral! Especially when its between an Elf-particularilly the daughter of Elrond- And a Man of such high lineage. I wouldnt even expect something so low from an Orc!!!
Sassyfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2012 05:29
My slapping:

denethor: The way he treats Faramir is just sickning!

Elrond: He is such a jerk

grima: Nasty man

Lurtz: For killing Boromir and hurting Aragorn

Boromir: for freaking Frodo out, but i'd do so gently cause he's my hero!

Aragorn: He could've been much kinder in his words to Boromir! I mean for pity's sakes the poor guy was hurting so much inside!

Frodo: During TTT and especally in ROTK

smeagol: for turning into Gollum again

Theodean: jerk to Aragorn

Sam: For trying to go back home

Gandalf: for yelling at Pippin all the time

Gimli: for wanting to go to Moria

Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Post When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: June 12, 2018 08:35
I'd love to slap Legolas when he tries to kill the Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep and fails miserably! You had one job, Legolas, one job.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post When u just wanted to slap that character...
on: June 14, 2018 03:14
Menegilda Brandybuck said:I'd love to slap Legolas when he tries to kill the Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep and fails miserably! You had one job, Legolas, one job.

Well, actually you’d have to slap PJ for that one. In TTT the book, the orcs snuck up with the blasting stuff while the defenders were distracted. None of this spectacular run by a berserker Uruk with a torch on a Kamikaze mission. And actually, Legolas actually did hit him with at least one arrow, but that was not enough to bring down a berserker Uruk (and the defenders did not have artillery …)
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
Well, there are a few things I would like to slap PJ for, but sorry to all those Legolas fans out there, but I don't like Legolas. Sorry I know I'm weird.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, no, you’re probably in the majority. Not that I have personal memories of it (I was too young, not interested in music yet etc.), but Beatlemania seems to me to be the prototype of this kind of fangirl frenzy. At least with the Beatles, it led them to the decision to quit touring (nobody could hear the music with that glass-shattering tidal wave of teenage female shrieking), and ushered in their enormously creative phase - though actually, the great albums “Rubber Soul” (1965) and “Revolver” (1966) were released near the end of their touring days, and preceded the peerless “Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band” (1967). I own a 50th anniversary special edition double CD, which, if vague memory is correct, actually entered the album charts of several countries.

Something that no other object of “fangirl frenzy” has even come remotely near to matching.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email