Register

<< First5657585960
Author Topic:
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hagrid's Hut - For all Harry Potter discussion- Movies & Books
on: May 06, 2009 06:20
Lady Arwen - I have the Beedle the Bard book, it is a quick little read and it is worth the price. Not groundbreaking by any means, but a good read nonetheless.

And the HBP is around the corner....waiting patiently.....
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: July 09, 2009 08:21
Looks like HBP is getting pretty good reviews...I am very curious to see how they introduce that locket...it was found in the Black house in a drawer, wasn't it? I don't recall that happening in the movies.
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2009 02:02
Saw HBP....ok movie, but not very happy with all they left out. Next to nothing on Greyback for example....
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: July 22, 2009 10:41
I liked this one perhaps the most of all the hp movies so far... although PoA has a better storyline. HBP is finally getting more serious, seems to me. At least snape-wise. The teenage romances were not on my wavelength and bored me, but I kind of enjoyed the more serious scenes, provided they were meaningful, therefore sans the odd attack on the Burrow :/
Aowyn, the real locket was only found in DH, I think Umbridge had it or something... Don't recall, I read the books way too sloppily to remember that.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 02:38
Ah ha... so there are other HBP fans out there! I went to go see the midnight showing! that was my first time doing something like that and it was well worth it!! There were 22 screens at our theater and ALL of them were devoted to The HBP! And from what I gathered all of them were packed! I really liked this one! It was SO much better than the 5 one! I am really looking forward to the last two! I am happy they decided to split the last book into two movies!

Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 02:46
Aowyn, the real locket was only found in DH, I think Umbridge had it or something... Don't recall, I read the books way too sloppily to remember that.

They remembered finding it and throwing it on a rubbish heap...they went back to check with Kreacher, but Mundungus had got it. But they never originally found it in movie OoTP like the book.
So in this movie Harry just says at the end "it's a fake" when Hermione looks at it and the note.

I noted a serious lack of House Elves in this movie which I think is a mistake. Several important plot developments in the book hinge on how Kreacher was treated by different people.
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: July 24, 2009 11:08
Aowyn- Ah, *that's* what you meant, my bad I didn't get it at first :blush: Yes, now I'm wondering about that too... among other things; such as how they'll explain the out-of-the-blue apparating of the trio in the next movie :7

Elladan- lol... I wouldn't call myself a HBP/HP fan, though. I'm a Ringer who happens to adore a particular character from another fandom, that's all ^ ^ I'll probably go and see the movie one more time, though, as there's a long time before it gets on DVDs and a time too short for my liking before they stop releasing the subtitled version in the cinemas in favour of the dubbed one (yuck!).
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Esterinel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2010 05:46
oh my, this is dead O.o
I want a Deathly Hallows pt.1 trailer noooooooooooooow!!!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 04:40
To my fellow HP fans.... My brother and friends have been trying to figure this out. With the final book being split into two parts, where do you think the break will be? I'm guessing right after they talk to Mr. Lovegood about the Deathly Hallows.

:dizzy:
~nólemë~
Send Message
on: September 20, 2010 09:22
LadyArwen, you can learn that and a load of detailed info -including an entire account of the movie- on the first DH movie on mugglenet. As for myself, I'll wait for the second movie to come out. No point in watching one without my only fav character in it... :rolling:
Elinurel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2010 05:24
Indeed, it seems that they chose to split and end the first part at the moment where Voldemort gains possession of the Elder wand. Interesting... I wonder if he would have a evil laugh or something and then a sudden "BAM" like black-out end.

The film is already out in cinema, but didn't get the chance to see it yet. Tickets are a little bit expensive since it just arrived here Did anyone see it from here though? Any impressions you would like to share?
moderndancer_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2011 06:39
I saw the midnight premiere of Harry Potter DH Part 2 and oh my gosh! amazing! I would have to say that it was nearly perfect, despite some flaws, but I loved it! The effects, the acting, the action was flawless!

The best part of the movie was the ending, it was so adorable and Harry's kids were so cute ^^
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Hagrid
on: August 03, 2012 09:39
How did I not know this thread was here?? I love HP!!! I wish I could have gone to the midnight premier, but my parents wouldn't let me... Oh well. At least I saw it the next day.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Ok. Just because I just noticed this thread, I have to say I LOVE Harry Potter books & movies.

*sigh* Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter...2001 was a wonderful year...

Anyway, just wanted to share this with the other fans here in case they haven't heard it yet. A song made by fans about the end of the series: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vDjOv_B4Gk

I want to cry everytime I listen to it. xD
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Can't click on your link.

In 2001, someone asked me if I had seen Fellowship of the Ring. I said I was not interested, that I was into Harry Potter. Such a foolish girl!

Has anyone seen the new Harry Potter postage stamps? (in the States) They are a set of 20 different stamps and come in sort of a fold out book. They are way too beautiful to use!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
LadyElarinya
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, Lindarielwen! It happened the same thing with me, but the reverse. I was totally interested in LotR and thought HP was just trying to copy it. Not with the story [They are worlds apart], but with the fantasy genre. Since then not many fantasy movies were being made. [Both these films opened up the door for the genre]

Anyway, here's the link. Hope it works this time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vDjOv_B4Gk

By the way, if anyone likes the band/music I just discovered they have a bunch of songs inspired by the books. And they're good too. Just search for Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls on youtube. ^^
"O môr henion i dhû: Ely siriar, êl síla. Ai! Aníron Undómiel. Tiro! Êl eria e môr. I 'lîr en êl luitha 'úren. Ai! Aníron…"
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
I heard that learned about that song the day I went to see the last movie. Cried my eyes out! Everytime I listen to it i feel nostalgic.

Harry Potter "Always"! (ಥ_ಥ)
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am now on the second book, reading it for the first time ever! I am loving it!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I have a deep rooted love for Harry Potter. Before I decided to read it, i had a terrible time reading. But I loved the movie and decided to try it out. It look me a month and a day to read the 1st one. then it was on to the others. I learned not only how to read better, but to love reading. How books can make you feel real emotions even when the story is not. If it wasn't for Harry Potter, I probably would have failed middle school and high school. It really did change my life.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Well, since we have quite a few members who love Harry Potter, I thought it fitting to bump up this thread.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Did you watch any of the HP marathon that has been on TV this weekend? I watched bits and pieces and when I got to the end, The Deadly Hallows, both parts, I was surprised at how little of it I remembered. Guess it's time to bring out the movies and have my own marathon.

[Edited on 06/01/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Did anyone go to the midnight openings of the movies? If yes, did you dress up?

How about the books? I attended 2 midnight parties in Ohio. The entire little town that my fave bookstore was in, turned into Diagon Alley. It was wonderful. I sat under the Sorting Hat and was put into Slytherin. I said that I will be great one day.

In Florida, I went to the last book opening at Borders. (remember Borders?) Everyone was dressed up and we were able to get our faces painted and take quizzes or listen to someone reading the books and such. I had a broom painted on my left arm and an owl painted on my right.

[Edited on 06/01/2015 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! My sister and I watched Chamber of Secrets and I watched The Deathly Hallows Part One. I was too young to see the movies when they originally came out, and in all honesty the books were not and are not accepted in my house.

I took the Pottermore sorting quiz and I was sorted into Slytherin. Not all Slytherins are evil.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I took the Pottermore quiz a moment ago and was put into Gryffindor first and Slytherin last.

My friend, Athalian, went to London and visited the Warner Studios where Harry Potter was filmed. I thought you all might enjoy this pic he sent me of The Great Hall.

[Edited on 06/03/2015 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was Slytherin first and Hufflepuff last.

Such a beautiful picture! I would love to visit Universal Studios one day.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No one could have played Professor Snape like Alan Rickman. He now resides at Hogwarts in the sky.

sainttherese2
Council Member
Send Message
Alan Rickman...
If anyone feels like crying more, he said "When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'After all this time?' And I will say 'Always'. The sad thing is, he died at 69.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Alan Rickman was the perfect Snape. At least we have the Potter movies to watch but such a sad loss.
<< First5657585960
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email