Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
Post ROTK EE Sequence by sequence #2: Edoras
on: December 26, 2004 12:39
Let's discuss all those little additions made to the scenes playing in Edoras. You can find caps for those scenes, by the amazing Beleg_S, in the ROTK Caps Gallery: Return to Edoras, and [url=http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=588]The Palantír.

As ever, there are many questions: Was the drinking game in character? What does that look Pippin and Gandalf exchange mean? What do you make of Éowyn's dream? (And why does she sleep in the middle of the hall?) Did you like the added Merry parts?

And the poll: What do you prefer?

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by Figwit]
the theatrical cut
8% (3)
the EE, because of Éowyn handing the cup to Théoden
8% (3)
the EE, because of the drinking game
18% (7)
the EE, because of Pippin's look in Gandalf's way
8% (3)
the EE, because of Éowyn's dream
26% (1)
the EE, because of the talk between Merry and Aragorn
33% (1)
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: ROTK EE Sequence by sequence #2: Edoras
on: December 26, 2004 02:21
As for the poll, I liked all added scenes, so I just picked one.
Was the drinking game in character?
It might be for the Rohirrim, tough guys, giving a remembrance party for the death. It might be for Gimli, impulsive and want to make a bit fun of Legolas with their everlasting friendly rivalty. But for Legolas, I feel strange about this. Although he likes games, especially (or so it seems) when Gimli is involved, I am not sure that any Elf would be tempted by things like this. I am also not sure if Elves could be "resistant" for alcohol. I could not find anything written about this, but perhaps it is so because they are in wholly 'more' than Men.
But wether it is in character or not, it was a pleasant and comic relief in a heavy-hearted movie and I liked it.

What does that look Pippin and Gandalf exchange mean?
I am not sure about this. For myself, I think that Pippin feels caught, like he already decided that he is going to do something real stupid, and that Gandalf knows it by looking in his heart somehow. The look between a naughty child and a severe guardian, it seems to me. But Gandalf also seems to know that it is not for himself to stop the coming actions, for he is more a counsellor than a Hobbit-sitter and that some actions are needed to be done, whether he knows the reason or not.

What do you make of Éowyn's dream? (And why does she sleep in the middle of the hall?)
This is a part I really liked. A brief moment of true friendship shown, and the dream, oh... the dream. In the book, it is Faramir's dream, a prophetic dream, in a way, of the things to come. But I do not mind that this one is given to her, although Éowyn has no 'far sight' at all. Because it perfectly fits in that moment, in some way.
I think she slept in the hall because of the fire, which had extinguished mostly later that night, and because she had some sort of overview. Perhaps her own room was occupated by wounded soldiers? I do not know.

Did you like the added Merry parts?
Yes, very much. It shows that Merry not only was the mature one of the two, but also the deep friendship between them and the uneasiness of being separated, not knowing if and when they will see each other again. While Pippin still believes in a happy ending and cannot believe that they are really 'torn apart', Merry certainly got the gravity of what was happening, even if he did not fully understand it.
What I particularly liked, was the sentence: "He's always followed me, everywhere I went, since before we were tweens". A period for Hobbits between childhood and maturity, which is somehow left out in the "Concerning Hobbits" sequence of FotR.

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by Eruantalincë]
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 07:41
I am really tired, so I won't write very much (I'll do that later) I just wanted to say that Eowyn's dream (as said before by Eruantalincë, was in fact dreamt by Faramir in the book, and it's also autobiographic, since it was one of Professor Tolkien's dreams.
Lorfinwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2004 08:07
I think Eowyn's dream also had something to do with the fall of Numenor, and I just thought it was odd that they gave it to her instead of Faramir, since he is a Ranger and connected closer to it. But I am glad they put it in there. Yes, I saw the bit about how it was in Tolkien's dreams, and that's pretty cool, lol.

And I don't think it was too out-of-character for Legolas to participate in the drinking game. In the Hobbit, the elves of the Mirkwood kingdom are drinking, and i THINK get a bit "tipsy" (it's been awhile since i've read the Hobbit). Needless to say, while elves are very cool, they are far from perfect (just read the Silmarillion!). I thought the scene added some good comic relief.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 02:01
If the drinking scene had been in the Appendices, I would have enjoyed it more....as a parody bit. But having that segment in the movie...well, I didn't like it. There was enough 'comic relief' with the hobbits dancing on the table. I found the whole bit rather odd. Legolas' slangy "game over" yanked me right out the spirit and mood of the story a whole lot faster than Aragorn's 'let's hunt some orc' ever did. I didn't want more comic relief, thank-you.

I couldn't help wondering what Eowyn was doing sleeping in that vast, drafty hall on a chaise longe that was sure to give her a stiff neck in the morning. Surely, a lady of her rank would have had private quarters. The soldiers should have been sleeping in that hall. I liked having the dream mentioned, but it would have made more sense coming from Faramir, being of Númenorean descent.

I loved the added Merry parts. Eruantalincë expressed what I felt about it already. Loved the delight on his face when he vowed fealty to Theoden and was accepted.

At first, I didn't understand the look between Pippin and Gandalf, especially at that particular moment. Each seemed to know what the other was thinking. Gandalf knowing Pippin was still attracted to the Palantir and Pippin knowing that Gandalf knew.

[Edited on 27/12/2004 by LinweSingollo]
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Aervir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 06:39
I hate the drinking game, I hate it with a passion -- so much that I actually voted for the theatrical cut in the poll above. It completely destroyed the whole mood of the Edoras scene for me, as it further butchers Gimli's character, doesn't fit with Tolkien's description with the merry tipsy Woodelves in The Hobbit and features that anachronistic line 'Game over'. Apart from that, I don't find farting and belching funny, escpecially not when considering the fact that dwarves are very polite people.
The other additions to the scene were done quite prettily, for they all served to portray the characters in a more detailed way -- Pippin's inquisitiveness and Gandalf's worries, Éowyn's despair and Aragorn's pity, the relationship between Merry and Théoden as well as the friendship between Pippin and Merry.
I can forgive PJ even the fact that Éowyn speaks Faramir's words, which doesn't make too much sense (she has only some Numenorean relatives, has never seen the sea and has no gift of foresight, either), but the drinking game... Never.
Figwit
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 12:48
Okay, I'm going to walk through this one scene by scene, but I'd like to say that I'm enjoying everyone's replies very very much! It's been a while since I read some in-depth replies (meaning: more than 'I like this or that') around this forum, so I'm happy to see people are picking that up again.

I voted for Éowyn handing the cup to Théoden, because that was most Tolkien thing that was added, to me. The mede-cup is a beautiful and many-layered symbol from Germanic and medieaval traditions, and it also points forward to her shared moment with Aragorn.
It also enhances the image of Éowyn as 'serving' the King, which is vital to understand her cold demeanor when Théoden leaves her in charge at Dunharrow - that it's not just Aragorn's rejection that makes her want to fight (and die) for her country.
I also just loved the Meduseld set: all those carpets and banners hanging from the walls, and the beautiful clothes everyone was wearing - so more of that is always something I

Then, the much-talked-about drinking game. I liked the concept. I did not like the way it was presented. It just seemed more gloryfying Legsy and more reducing the Dwarf. The Dwarves, as Aervir said, are a very proud people in Tolkien's works. They are warriors at heart, and so they live by a code of honor. In LOTR (the book), in the Many Meetings-chapter, Glóin's ceremonious speech even sounds quite ridiculous because he's so polite, so eloquant even.
Gimli too is very honorable and very polite. Legolas' remark about his fingers tingling was funny in itself, but it didn't fit the character (references to The Hobbit have already been made so I won't repeat that). And 'drinking games' seem more like a Rohirric custom to me anyway - the concept would fit that people more than it would Dwarves. So why doesn't Éomer join in?
That was of course the only good thing about the drinking game-scene: EXTENDED ÉOMER!!! Figgy happy girl :love: *pets Figgy*

Moving on: Pippin's look in Gandalf's way was... Well, I guess everyone is right that it was about the palantír, but it seemed so strange. Especially because Gandalf sleeps quite solidly when Pip tries to steal it. Seems odd to me.

I have very mixed feelings about Éowyn's dream. Part of me loved it, because it quotes from the book, because that quote refers to how she feels, her position at that moment, so well - even though it meant something quite different in the original text. It adds depth to Éowyn, for some reason, and at the same time it clarifies something.
BUT (big but) I have a couple of problems:
- Why is she in the hall? Eh?
- What's with the blue robe? It's the only piece of clothing that - to me - looks out of place. It's beautiful, but it doesn't look Rohirric at all.
- Why does she speak to Aragorn about it? It makes her seem desperate. When she talks to Faramir in Minas Tirith, even though she ís desperate, she still speaks with pride and dignity. I've said it before, so I'll say it again: Éowyn is too warm-blooded in the movie for my taste. She should be frostier (like she was in the Dunharrow-scene I mentioned earlier).

Finally, the talk between Merry and Aragorn. I was very glad to see more Merry. After all, Book 5 really is about Merry, Pippin and Éowyn - the 'misplaced warriors'. They seems sort of lost in the story, but in the end turn out to be exactly at the right place, at the right time. The hand of Fate shows in their story. And though the theatrical edition gave a lot of attention to Pippin (which was great, because Billy Boyd was the revelation of ROTK to me) and to some degree to Éowyn - Merry was a bit overlooked. But the theatrical restored that and so I was pleased with any extra Merry.
I liked this particular talk especially because of the affectionate way Merry talks about Pippin, and because of a shot of Merry's face you can see here. I loved it both because it's so warm and lively, and because it shows the kind of actor Dominic Monaghan is. He says this himself on the commentary, during the Grey Havens (when he's talking about how he can't cry in a sexy way): the way he acts makes it look like he's not acting at all. It makes the joy, the warmth, the loneliness of that moment all the more real and tangible even.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:33
This poll was quite difficult, because there were actually three equal alternatives. Finally, I ended up with the Merry and Aragorn scene; it shows a new, more mature Merry, and adds depth to the friendship of the two younger hobbits. That, and Éowyn handing the cup to Théoden, were the additions most in tune with the general theme, spirit, and narration of the movie.

On the other hand, both the drinking game and Éowyn's dream seemed to me just additions for additions' sake, glued on and out of place. Maybe Legolas's tolerance of alcohol was meant to be a reference to the part in The Hobbit where it is told that it takes quite a strong kind of wine to get an elf drunk, but still... I felt that the drinking game and the dream were the "stew scenes" of this movie.

For Pippin's long look at Gandalf I'm rather indifferent. It wasn't necessary, but didn't bother me either.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:52
I picked the Aragorn/Merry scene. I could have done without the drinking game, I really don't think it was in character for Legolas. Eowyn may have just fell asleep in the hall and no one wanted to bother her to move her into her quarters, who knows?
bowser1918
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 07:03
hmmm.... *thinks hard* the drinking game was in character for everyone except Legolas. Eowyn's dream was really faramir's dream in the book, but it was still a pretty good sceen. I don't think we'll ever know why she was asleep in the hall, so i'm gonna skip it. Merry's added sceens were ADORABLE!!! ^_^ i like the hobbits. But I have one question. What look between Gandalf and Pippin are you guys talking about?????
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 07:53
But I have one question. What look between Gandalf and Pippin are you guys talking about?????

In the celebration at Edoras scene, when Merry and Pippin are dancing on the table, Pippin suddenly stops for a while and gazes at Gandalf; Merry pulls him back to the dance and song. That wasn't in the theatrical edition.
thegreendragonmaid
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 02:33
I liked the drinking game it showed more of gimlid backgroud as an dwarf. As for legolas being involved i think that it showing how hestiantly he was too drinking it. that made character.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 03:01
I am not sure if Legolas was hestitating, but I doubt it very much. For Elves do drink (as you can read in The Hobbit). It seemed to me that he merely did not really understood the fun of the game, or maybe he did not see a game in drinking at all (which does not say that he did not like to drink now and then).
Fawlen_Peredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 09:09
I thought the drinking game added some much needed humor into the movie as it was becoming very dark, as to why Eowyn was sleeping in the great hall maybe someone already had her bed
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 09:21
Hm. I thought the drinking game was sort of cute and a clever way to advance the Legolas/Gimli friendship. I agree that it was out of character for Legolas, but I think it also showed the continued acceptance and (re)growing alliance between the races (dwarves, men, elves). Prior to the scene at Rohan, Gandalf witnessed Pippin gazing into the Palantir at Isengard. When I saw the extended cut, I assumed Pippin saw something in the Palantir and was exchanging a guilty/troubled look with Gandalf. As for Eowyn's sleeping space -- I figured it was because she is 1) a woman and 2) somewhat high ranking -- not that anyone would harm her, but it could be Rohan etiquette. (?)
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 01:25
I dislike the drinking game scene immensely, because I don't like how PJ has chosen to interpret the dwarves. I don't mind a spot of humor, and agree that it can help to brighten a fairly dark movie, but does it need to be so crude? Farting and belching? That's not what I think of when I think of Tolkien -- it seems unneccessary, and wholly inappropriate, and really, really irks me.

I voted for the extra bit between Merry and Aragorn -- Merry was my least favorite main character in FotR, but as he developed as a character through the movies, he grew on me. I was very pleased to see some extra scenes for him in the EE.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Figwit
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 01:53
Merry was my least favorite main character in FotR, but as he developed as a character through the movies, he grew on me. I was very pleased to see some extra scenes for him in the EE.

Oh yeah, I quite agree. I think that's one of the rare decisions of PJ that I can support 100%: to make ROTK the most Hobbity movie of all. I've heard some people (including Viggo Mortensen) complaining about the lack of 'king' in a book called 'The Return of the King', but really I felt the books are about Hobbits - and there was too little 'hobbit' in TTT.

_LadyEowyn_
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 07:52

I think it meant two things - one was Gandalf seeing in Pippin's
eyes that he wanted to look into the Palintir again, and the other was Gandalf and Pippin reflecting on what Saruman had said to Gandalf earlier. So much can be encapsulated in one look!

What do you make of Éowyn's dream?

I thought it was good they put that in because that dream was one of Tolkein's own experiences, and giving it to Eowyn, she is feeling tht she cannot do anything about the evil that is sweeping over Middle Earth.

I loved the Merry parts! When he was talking to Aragorn, you can see that inside he is very upset, but he is trying to cover it up by having a laugh... that's excactly like Merry and Pip; when in doubt, joke.
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 05:24
Hmmm a difficult choice in the poll for me. I liked 2,4,5 and 6 in the poll .....but I chose Eowyn's Dream in the end.

The only scene I disliked greatly was the drinking game for the way Gimli portrayed the dwarves for the same reason as others have stated above. They were never portrayed by Tolkien as vulgar and rude :nono: and I don't understand why the Movie had to show Gimli like this at all. I do understand that John Rhys Davies improvised a lot with his scenes throughout the trilogy and as much as I like Gimli everywhere else in the trilogy, I'm sorry, JRD, but I did not find you humorous in this scene. (The only consolation for me at this point was seeing Howard Shore in his cameo role. )

I loved Eowyn bowing to Theoden and offering him the chalice. A sign of Kingship.

When Pippin suddenly stopped amid his partying and gave that look to Gandalf, I thought that brief moment said so much. Weighing heavily in Pippin's mind and growing ever stronger was the temptation to look into the Palantir. He had held this powerful stone at Orthanc and Gandalf gave him the look then. But did Gandalf know what was in Pippin's mind? I don't really know but I think Pippin thought Gandalf did. And Pippin looked wide eyed to me in this scene.....he was troubled.

Eowyn's dream: I wonder where else it could have fitted into the Film? I would have much preferred it to come from Faramir's lips, but where and when could he say it? Hmmm, tricky. It did seem strange at first when Eowyn spoke those words....the dream of 2 men, so to speak, i.e Faramir and Tolkien. But I felt easier watching it for the second time.
I think Aragorn cared a lot for Eowyn and he showed tenderness towards her here as he does later in the EE, so nice acting.
Why was she in the middle of a draughty hall instead of in her own room? I think again, for the sake of the Film, Aragorn could not be seen wandering into the Lady's bedroom . So better that he ran into her in the Hall.....on his way outside for his smoke. I have a good imagination, folks.

Merry and Aragorn, I loved it too. The first time Merry and Pippin had separated . As Merry said, they were always together, so the parting was sad. And would the hobbits all see one another again. A catalystic moment I think, for now Pippin and Merry must find their own roles in the events to follow in the tale. Loved it when Merry said "tweens", I love that word in the Hobbit.
Springie
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 12:46

Um... No... Not really. It was strange at the very least. Gimli was disgusting... Although, seeing Howard Shore was good

I'm in two minds about this look, actually. It does convey a lot in a small period of time, but I didn't like it interrupting the Hobbits' song.
What it means? I'd have to go by the Palantir situation explanation. Gandalf suspects, Pippin knows.

What do you make of Éowyn's dream? (And why does she sleep in the middle of the hall?)

I didn't know it was Tolkien's dream at first. I agree with the Appendices - there was just no place for Faramir to have it. I liked it as another "bond" between Eowyn and Faramir - things the movie lacked. It also showed more of Aragorn-Eowyn relationship. I don't think Eowyn was desperate in telling him about the dream, I rather hold it that she was frightened by it and she trusted Aragorn. That's why she told him. Oh, and if you overlook the initial meaning of the dream (Faramir-Numenor), it fits Eowyn nicely. You can just view it on another scale - Middle-Earth instead of Numenor. It portrays Eowyn's situation too. It kind of compensates for what was lost of her indecisiveness at the Houses of Healing.
As to the sleeping in the hall - for plot purposes, yes. But I also think, that since dangerous times are coming everyone wants to stay close together, but Eowyn, as a lady can't sleep in the same room as men. I also think that "fell-asleep" and "near-the-fire" comments are also possible. Maybe she was trying to get closer to Aragorn, I don't know.

This is a strange one for me. I understand what they were, what they were there for and what they were supposed to mean, but somehow I didn't feel it. It's like I wanted to, but couldn't. With Gandalf and Pippin galloping across the plains it came out of the blue and kind of out-of-place, but it was nice. Weird. Maybe it has something to do with watching the movie in the middle of the night.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:25
Well, I don't think Tolkien would have put that in the books (at least, not with an elf drinking, anyway...) but I enjoyed the scene very much.

I have a hard time figuring that out. Every time I see the scene I wonder why Pippin gave Gandalf that look. Maybe Pippin is still very curious about the palantir.

I really liked that scene. Definately one of my favorites. I think she sleeps in that hall to stay warm by the fire, even though it has died by the time she wakes up to tell Aragorn about her dream.

I did. I thought that they were very sweet.

Milliecake
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2005 08:51
I'd say yes and no. It showed the friendly rivalry between Legolas and Gimli extended beyond words and battle counts into more diverse areas, which I feel would be in accordance with their characters. I did laugh at Gimli, but as it's been said, it was out of character for him to behave so crudely.

Does the palantir have any powers like the ring to seduce those who might only have gained a glimpse? I'm sure the look was because of the palantir, but I don't know if it was Pippin's curiousity or some other force that drew him to it.

I liked the dream, glad they found a way to include it. As for sleeping in the hall, I assume she was just crashing there like one might do after falling asleep on the sofa in front of the tv :blush: Maybe waiting for the menfolk to finish partying in case Theoden needed her?

Yes
Melmë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2005 09:16
I liked the added scenes with Merry and Aragorn best because IMO it shows more of the close friendship between Merry and Pippin.
It has already been mentioned but I also find it a bit odd that Eowyn is sleeping in the big hall. But I did like the dream and I don't really mind that the scene belonged to Faramir in the books.
I haven't really made up my mind about the drinking game bit. On one hand it's just a fun small bit and it shows some more of the rivalry between Legolas and Gimli. But it is out of character for both of them and Gimli's rudeness does bother me.
astra_celestine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 08:52
I picked the Merry/Aragorn scene. Each time I saw ROTK TE, I felt that there was missing something. And it was a very moving scene and showed how Aragorn and Merry were bonding and in the first place how close Merry and Pippin were.
Vanalonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 04:32
I have only a bit of time and will therefore only reply after the things that are close to my heart. Also, I am a fan of saying what you have to say in as few words as possible.

1. Eowyn's Dream
I voted for Eowyn's dream, for I am a die-hard fan of literature in general and to see the beauty of pure Tolkien language spoken, even from misplaced lips, was wonderful to hear. I love the symbolism of the dream, and I love the performance Mirando Otto gives while delivering this line. Such despair is rarely experienced, and she portrays it well. Perhaps the setting was a little odd, but when you think about it, it is irrelevant.

2. Pippin and Gandalf's Moment
I have mixed feelings about this. I like their connection being shown. However, I find the placing of it a little abrupt, and Pippin experiencing such drastic mood swings seems a little...uneven?

But, overall, I think this moment was good. It reminded one of the great burden and peril that is ever-present, even in a merry scene such as this.

3. The Drinking Game
This is a very fun sequence, but I am not the biggest supporter of it...it just seems derogatory to the might and the sturdiest of the Dwarfs. For a much better expression of this opinion look at the previous posts...I am having a hard time trying to come up with something to communicate this well...

4.The Merry Parts
*sigh of contentment* I was very much pleased to see Meriadoc Brandybuck more in this film. In the books he much impressed me with his evolution, and I was much looking forward to seeing it on film. He shows himself to be much more...alert?...than anyone every guessed. Seeing his presence of mind, and yet his loyalty to his home, was wonderful to see on screen.

[Edited on 21/1/2005 by Vanalonde]
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: ROTK EE Sequence by sequence #2: Edoras
on: March 10, 2012 06:06
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I had to respond to one point by LinweSingollo: "I couldn't help wondering what Eowyn was doing sleeping in that vast, drafty hall on a chaise longe that was sure to give her a stiff neck in the morning. Surely, a lady of her rank would have had private quarters. "

Actually, no she would not have. Tolkien made it clear in a letter that, as a "Heroic Age" dwelling, no one would have had private quarters except maybe a "sleeping bower in a separate small 'outhouse' " for the king himself. (Letters of JRR Tolkien, no. 210, note 30 within the letter.)
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 08:15
Quote from Visitor From the West on March 10, 2012, 16:06
Apologies for the thread necromancy, but I had to respond to one point by LinweSingollo: "I couldn't help wondering what Eowyn was doing sleeping in that vast, drafty hall on a chaise longe that was sure to give her a stiff neck in the morning. Surely, a lady of her rank would have had private quarters. "

Actually, no she would not have. Tolkien made it clear in a letter that, as a "Heroic Age" dwelling, no one would have had private quarters except maybe a "sleeping bower in a separate small 'outhouse' " for the king himself. (Letters of JRR Tolkien, no. 210, note 30 within the letter.)

Wow...this is like looking in an dusty old scrapbook. Has it been that long ago since the movies?

I agree with you there, though I had changed my views on Eowyn's lack of private sleeping quarters some time ago as I've changed many of my views and opinions over the duration of...how long has it been now ?...eight years. And since pored over Tolkien's letters thrice and thrice again.
Gosh, I hope people don't start digging up silly stuff I said ages ago.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Sassyfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2012 08:48
The look between Pippin and Gandalf: I think Pip still feels guilty about Gandalf falling in Moria and also he feels scared.

Drinking game: I loved the playfulness between elf and dwarf but i hated the burping and farting

Merry and Aragorn: This was really a sweet scene between Aragorn and Merry and this one of those rare moments when Aragorn smiles!!!!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email