Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Time Warp in Wales
on: September 26, 2006 11:29
((well... short, but maybe it'll get us moving again? *hopes*))

he looked straight at Naruiel and offered her a smile.
“I am sorry if I frightened you, my lady. I hope you all will allow me to guide you back to my home, where you may find as many days of rest- in safety- as you need. The king will be curious about your task as well, I am sure.”

As she watched, and listened, Naruiel found herself blushing at Renion's smile, and the high color remained in her cheeks when Freond glanced at her, as, "Your caution is understood, hîr Renion," she answered his apology, and studied his handsome face as Ciryácano continued on with his explanation.
"Much as we would we like...and could probably use...the hospitality of your king, I fear we must continue eastward as soon as possible. Going north to your home would only delay us. You tell us that the darkness is growing here in Mirkwood, which only confirms this. But if you would be willing to carry the purpose of our quest back to Thranduil, it may help us in the future, should we be in need of help."

Ciryacano sipped his tea then looked up at Renion, a glint of mischief in his eye. "That is, unless you would be more interested in joining us on our venture. Perhaps we could find another of your sentinels to carry the word back to Thranduil along the way," he said, smiling, yet hoping that Renion would be willing to join them.

Biting her lip, and this time looking for a long moment at Falmiel and Cir, Naru smiled at Renion. "Please come," she said… though with an inward sigh, doubted *her* small words would have any 'sway' with the blond-haired elf.

Thiadvain had remained silent, knowing only that his hidden 'place' was no longer such. As yet, the Blue Wizard had said nothing of his opinion… and Thiadvain wondered what Alatar would say.

But, and although he'd have preferred to remain in his lonely life, Thiadvain had agreed to go, and added his voice to Cir's and Naruiel's. "Any battle-skills will be of help," he said quietly, and casting his dark-brown eyes into the trees, "And… I would make your decision soon. "Night is coming, and it is not a time to be moving about this forest," the ellon added somberly. "But, we can set out at first light, and whatever supplies I have we can take with us," Thiadvain went on, though he, too, was awaiting Renion's answer…

"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: Time Warp in Wales
on: October 06, 2006 04:29
(not great... but its something, right?)

Renion had offered to take the travelers back to Thranduil’s halls, but it seemed that such a trek was out of the question for them.

"Much as we would we like...and could probably use...the hospitality of your king, I fear we must continue eastward as soon as possible. Going north to your home would only delay us. You tell us that the darkness is growing here in Mirkwood, which only confirms this. But if you would be willing to carry the purpose of our quest back to Thranduil, it may help us in the future, should we be in need of help."

Ciryacano sipped his tea then looked up at Renion, a glint of mischief in his eye. "That is, unless you would be more interested in joining us on our venture. Perhaps we could find another of your sentinels to carry the word back to Thranduil along the way," he said, smiling

Renion returned his smile. The idea of joining these travelers appealed to him… they could certainly use the help, it seemed, and the king surely wouldn’t mind sparing one of his scouts for the sake of their perilous quest. After all, why shouldn’t Mirkwood be represented in this company? More than anything, though, he desired to be near Naru… for she was beautiful, and she intrigued him. He wondered how she’d ended up in his journey… He glanced at her. "Please come," she said, and he felt his heart thump. She wanted him to come? Well, that nearly sealed the deal.

Thad appeared at his side, saying, "Sir Cir, the horses are alright for the night....unless we're leaving soon, that is. Are we?" his eyes looking hopeful. Cir smiled at the boy's enthusiasm but glancing at Thiadvain asked first, "Would you mind if we camped behind your home, Thiadvain? I think we would be better starting off in the morning as the hour is now getting late."

Any battle-skills will be of help," he said quietly, and casting his dark-brown eyes into the trees, "And… I would make your decision soon. "Night is coming, and it is not a time to be moving about this forest," the ellon added somberly. "But, we can set out at first light, and whatever supplies I have we can take with us," Thiadvain went on, though he, too, was awaiting Renion's answer…

“Oh, I know that,” Renion said of moving through the forest at night, “I have done it before, but it is not something I enjoy.”

He looked around at the group, all eyes on him. Freond was silent, but thinking that she hoped he would agree to come…

“I would be glad to offer my aid,” Renion said at last, nodding his head in a formal way, “I have my own supplies., ready to be shared if the need arises. Though, I have no horse- I have traveled on foot- so I would have to ride with someone, if you would have me.”

He was thinking of riding behind Naru, and he smiled at her again. The idea of having her that close, his arms around her, made his heart thump. Why did she make him feel this way?

“Yes, I will come with you. If you are staying here tonight then I can take the message to my brother now, who is a scout also, and who is not far away. It may be more dangerous, but I do not fear the forest night- I know the path I wish to travel well. I will be able to return before dawn.”

“Are you sure it is wise?” Freond asked, looking at Thiadvain- who had just said it wasn’t a good idea to roam the forest at night, “To travel alone?”

<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email