Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Anime
on: April 25, 2012 09:20
Transformers Animated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its AWESOME!!!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2012 09:22
They did a VERY good job dubbing Vampire Knight in my opinion. Very cool series
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2012 10:40
Anyone watching anything? I haven't seen an anime in ages. I've been rewatching Avatar: the Last Airbender. I think the last series I watched was Kuroshitsuji Season 2.

Offtopic: Anyone watching the Legend of Korra? (Does this even count as anime?)
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 13, 2012 06:23
Vampire Knight is that the one about the Vampire who's in a kitten's body, and the Princess?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Salquelatine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2012 09:37
No, it's the one where there's two types of classes at this school - a day schedule and a night one... and all the one's at night are actually vampires who are trying to peacefully coexist. The main girl turns out to be a pureblood vampire and yadayadayada. I don't know how to explain it correctly. haha.

Vampire in a kitten's body? That sounds interesting.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2012 10:46
That is correct Salquelatine. Yes, what IS that one about a vampire in a kitten's body? oh btw, I'm about to watch Code Geass. Is it good?
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: May 16, 2012 02:19
Oh, ok. There's a manga series with a similar name which is what I was thinking of. Story is something like years ago there was a battle between this evil vampire lord and some king. They killed each other but are due to be reincarnated. The vampire reincarnates as this kitten who hunts down the princess as she's the decendant of the king. The kitten finds out it can transform into her doppleganger. The princess finds out about this and her and the kitten team up to track down the reincarnated king.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Game
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2012 07:33
Hmmm, i'm now almost done watching Code Geass (not had much time to watch lol)
and i'm now wondering what to watch next? are Naruto or Bleach any good? if so, which do you think is better?
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: July 16, 2012 10:23
I've not watched either, but depending on what kinds of anime you're into I may be able to suggest some you'd like.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2012 08:24
I kinda like the Code Geass style ones, you know, that have better animations and such.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 06:00
If you're after 'pretty' ones (after recommending Studio Ghibili) I can help. My best mate's the one who got me into anime, and she's an animator herself, so only recommends the nicely done ones.
Lets see. The first anime I watched was the 'Tales of Phantasia' OVA (4 episodes)
Then 'Kanon' which is an older, but gorgeously done series. Watch the 2006 remake though, not the 2002 original. I rewatch this alot. It's your basic hareem-style anime, but definately worth a watch. And if you like that one you could try 'Air' another TV series (although also a film) by the same company and 'Clannad' and 'Clannad After Story' also by the same company. These two are good, but in my opinion not as good as Kanon.

Out of interest, has anyone watched these ones I've mentioned?

If you're after something more recent and a little more quirky, we have 'No.6' which has a false utopia type plotline, 'Ungo' a detective series, and 'Sakamichi no Aporon' having a heavy Jazz music theme.
If any of these take your fancy and you decide to watch them, please let me know what you think!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 09:02
I think i would like some more the style of Code Geass or Transformers (Animated 2007-2009) you know like war/action ones.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 09:54
Have you tried Fullmetal Alchemist? The recent remake by the animation company Bones? I think about 2005. Then there's Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: August 21, 2012 09:56
Or for an older one try Magic Knights Rayearth, also by Clamp.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2012 01:56
Question for everyone: Anyone went to Otakon 2012 this past summer? I did and it was AWESOME! I get to go to a panel where Jason David Frank aka: The original Green Ranger made his debut!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Wow. This thread hath collected much dust. Methinks it hath been hanging about in Shelob's Lair too long. Well no longer! I shall take Sting and cut this thread out and bring it into the light of day (or at least something passing for daylight, e.g, a bright lamp, or at least a lantern). On that note, what have you guys been watching? And more importantly, anyone here seen Steins;Gate?

(P.S: Though not technically an anime, Batman: The Animated Series from the 90's is really great!)
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
I have not watched Steins;Gate but it looks interesting. I recently finished watching Attack on Titan which was good IMO though I wish there were more, there is an ongoing manga but I haven't taken a look at that yet.
finnr_sig
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
They are currently making a second season of Attack on Titan, and they are soon to release the English dub of the anime.

Steins;Gate is my favorite anime, by far. You would have to watch it to understand though. And you have to watch all of it. Each episode isn't stand alone awesomeness, as compared to Fairy Tail, for instance. But it is totally awesome by the end!
Finnr
Council Member
Send Message
oh im glad to hear they're making a new season the Attack on Titan, i hadn't seen anything about it. Another good one imo that i watched recently was Soul Eater which has an ongoing manga as well that i havent looked into
finnr_sig
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I've already watched Soul Eater. It was good, and pretty funny.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Recently, I've been watching Death Note. It's realllly good, if a bit creepy at times. (As the name implies, there's a good deal of death, but it's not just senseless killing; it really makes ya think!)

And I want to get into Soul Eater a bit, but I haven't started. Is it on YouTube?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Death Note was interesting, though it is definitely not one of my favorites. I really recommend Soul Eater. It is both hilarious and interesting, and it has a good story. It's a fun show, and while dark at times, it is not nearly as dark as Death Note.

Also, if you like lighter shows, I highly recommend Fairy Tail. It is just all around funny, while still being serious when it needs to be, though never dark.

Most of all though, I recommend Steins;Gate. I think everyone should see it, though you will especially appreciate it if you like time travel stuff, such as Dr. Who. It's got world lines, the butterfly effect, great character development, and much more. You'll see it at the top (or close to the top), of any serious otaku's list. By which I mean people who have watched a TON of anime, and who dislike shows such as Spongebob (no offense, fans of the show. i just hate it, and it IS.NOT.ANIME!) and Gintama. But anyway, you ultimately have to see it to believe it. And you have to watch the whole anime (only 24 episodes), before you understand it or appreciate it. It's not like a lot of shows where you can tell from the beginning whether or not you'll like it. About halfway through you'll probably know, but again, it will only totally make sense after you watch it. And possibly re-watch it. So yeah. Check it out, posthaste! (or whenever you finish what you're currently on )

[Edited on 06/02/2014 by Leoflic_Nightleaf]
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh, yeah! I've actually already watched a bit of Fairy Tale! It's great! And I think I may have heard of Steins' Gate... I'll have to look into it... But first I'm gonna finish up Death Note and Fairy Tale.

I also want to start Fullmetal Alchemist. Thoughts/opinions/advice?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
For Fullmetal Alchemist? I don't know. I really liked it, though it's a bit slow, for some people. You could watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood if you'd rather. I know that a lot of people prefer that one, though I myself have not seen it as of yet.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, guys! Just thought I'd jump in to this conversation since I'm fan. I haven't seen that many animes yet but I'm still a big fan.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
P.S. Steins;Gate is awesome!!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
What is this Steins Gate and why have I not been informed of it, brother???

I'm liking Transformers Animated pretty well, but other than that, I don't think I've really seen much anime.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
@Mareth: Well... maybe when you're a bit older .
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
I've almost finished with an anime called Durarara (I think that's right). It's pretty interesting.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
D.Gray-man.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because I am very much a fantasy fan, I liked Record of Lodoss War, Record of Lodoss War- Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, and Rune Soldier.
Inuyasha can be fun, but that's more of a guilty please.

[Edited on 01/04/2015 by MeliaStormcrow]
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Durin-The-Deathless
Council Member
Send Message
the three anime ive been watching are madoka magika, ouran host club (my guilty pleasures) and black butler
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Watched RWBY, Full Metal Alchemist, Attack on Titan, Tokyo Ghoul, and My Hero Academia.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^ I've watched RWBY, Full Metal and Attack on Titan (currently working on that) too! I've been watching/finished Hunter X Hunter, Your Lie in April, and Seven Deadly Sins.
This new RWBY season is AWESOME.
"A sprinter learning to wait."
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email