Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
How I have only just found this thread?! I'm well-known throughout the Games Forun on CoE as an Elrond fan

I was so glad to see Elrond in the Hobbit movies too Estelanor His armour in BotFA was beautiful!
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, his armor was beautiful! When I saw the clip of Elrond in his armor in the BOFA trailer, I was inwardly cheering. Seeing Elrond fight Nazguls was something I never thought we'd get to see.
I also like the moon runes scene in AUJ, and the following interactions between Elrond, Galadriel, and Gandalf (and Saruman, ugh).
Nice Elrond pic. in your signature banner. I should get myself one.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, another CoE member made my signature banner for me (Evil~Shieldmaiden), and I have to say, I do love it! Yes, that scene where the members of the White Council battle is awesome!

I did have a rare fangirl moment the other day when I treated myself to the PS3 game 'Lord of the Rimgs Conquest' and found out it was narrated by Elrond
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Elrond vs. the Nine was pure epicness! I never thought to see him in action again, so when I saw him in the trailer, my heart stopped beating! I anticipated that scene in the movie so much. I was wondering if Shore would make a heroic version of the Rivendell theme, and when I heard it, I kinda needed some duct tape to keep my mouth shut.

His armor and sword look amazing. I wasn't very interested in armor until I saw Elf armor.

Of course I love all the scenes you just mentioned. Another I like is when he stands protectively in front of Galadriel, ready to defend her to the death.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Elfeawen Lomiondil said:Elrond vs. the Nine was pure epicness! I never thought to see him in action again, so when I saw him in the trailer, my heart stopped beating! I anticipated that scene in the movie so much. I was wondering if Shore would make a heroic version of the Rivendell theme, and when I heard it, I kinda needed some duct tape to keep my mouth shut.

His armor and sword look amazing. I wasn't very interested in armor until I saw Elf armor.

Of course I love all the scenes you just mentioned. Another I like is when he stands protectively in front of Galadriel, ready to defend her to the death.

Oh that scene is amazing!

I always enjoy the Council of Elrond scene in FotR, when Elrond literally just facepalms. His enunciation is properly the best in the series too, next to Gandalf, in my opinion.

I can't wait to own BotFA myself so I can just grin at Elrond's armour! It's a shame you barely see it in FotR's prologue sequence
Image Image
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
If there were no other reason to get BOTFA, that would be reason enough! When he walks towards you in that scene . . . well you know how it is.

I really like how long the White Council is in the Hobbit. Its some of my favorite elf-gazing.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
The White Council is definitely one of my most favorite scenes in the first Hobbit movie

I was actually not a huge fan of Elrond, after my mother first read the books to me when I was eleven. Yeah, I know, it is pretty shameful
I dIdn't fully appreciate Elrond for the great character that he is until I watched The Return Of The King. In FoTR, I was a little annoyed with Elrond for being so hard on Arwen for liking Aragorn. I thought he was being selfish and a little thoughtless. In Two Towers, I continued to think this, but ROTK totally changed my mind.

Elrond's motives and character really came clear for me in that movie, and I finally saw that he only ever wanted what was best for his daughter because he loves her so much. When he finally realizes that Arwen is fully committed to Aragorn, that this is what she really wants, Elrond makes the personal sacrifice to let go of his own attachment to Arwen, and his own ideas about her future, and support her in her choice.
Elrond's half reluctant smile at the end of the movie when Arwen and Aragorn get back together in Minas Tirith was one of my favorite moments!
Elrond has an amazing and often tragic story. Now that I am a fan, I want to finish reading everything Tolkien wrote about him. I have read most of the stuff in the ROTK appendix about Elrond, and also the Voyage of Earendil in the Silmarillion. I wish there was more about him.

[Edited on 05/19/2015 by Estelanor Of The Shire]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Estelanor Of The Shire said:The White Council is definitely one of my most favorite scenes in the first Hobbit movie

I was actually not a huge fan of Elrond, after my mother first read the books to me when I was eleven. Yeah, I know, it is pretty shameful
I dIdn't fully appreciate Elrond for the great character that he is until I watched The Return Of The King. In FoTR, I was a little annoyed with Elrond for being so hard on Arwen for liking Aragorn. I thought he was being selfish and a little thoughtless. In Two Towers, I continued to think this, but ROTK totally changed my mind.

Elrond's motives and character really came clear for me in that movie, and I finally saw that he only ever wanted what was best for his daughter because he loves her so much. When he finally realizes that Arwen is fully committed to Aragorn, that this is what she really wants, Elrond makes the personal sacrifice to let go of his own attachment to Arwen, and his own ideas about her future, and support her in her choice.
Elrond's half reluctant smile at the end of the movie when Arwen and Aragorn get back together in Minas Tirith was one of my favorite moments!
Elrond has an amazing and often tragic story. Now that I am a fan, I want to finish reading everything Tolkien wrote about him. I have read most of the stuff in the ROTK appendix about Elrond, and also the Voyage of Earendil in the Silmarillion. I wish there was more about him.

[Edited on 05/19/2015 by Estelanor Of The Shire]

I couldn't have put my love for Elrond as a character any better myself! I'm always telling my friends why Elrond is such an underated character in Tolkien's work, because he really is. I mean of course he's not one of the major characters, but Tolkien most certainly fleshed him out wonderfully, with his background and the way he is subtled portrayed as a true father figure.

To summarise: Elrond ImageImage
Image Image
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message

Excellent summary. I love it

To summarise: Elrond ImageImage

I wish Elrond's wife had been in the movies (mentioned, I mean). I'm sure she must have been an amazing elf, since Elrond's whole family is awfully amazing. One thing that makes me really happy, is that although Elrond left middle earth, his legacy will endure forever through Aragorn and Arwen's heir, Eldarian. Every time I start feeling sad about Elrond leaving ME, I think about Eldarian, and also how happy Elrond will be to rejoin his wife in the Valinor.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I think Elladan and Elrohir would also eventually go to Valinor, because of their love for their mother also. But yes, it's always such a beautiful moment at the end of RotK when Elrond 'gives' Arwen to Aragorn. He looks so happy, yet sad at the same time!
Image Image
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I agree! I missed it the first time, because I was looking at Arwen and Aragorn. When I did see Elrond's expression, it caught at my heart. The way he whispers something to her when she hesitates, as if encouraging, "Go on, my daughter" and smiles bravely. As she steps forward, he suddenly looks down, overcome for a moment. He expresses such love for his daughter in that scene, and faith in her, to trust in her choices and love her yet let her go. I wish I could have even a little such character strength.
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email