Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Guardian's Tale(New members wanted!)
on: July 30, 2005 04:36
(Sure, it's fine L_E, we understand perfectly. And all right, Aer, we'll do our best to keep Brannon in this for you. )

Verya nodded and set up some of the wood in a small hollow of the ground, then set about lighting a fire. Once the fire was lit, she set about skinning and preparing the rabbits, and once that was completed, she added the meat to the small pot over the fire, then added the wild vegetables she had found, then stirred it all with a wooden spoon. "The stew should be ready before long, so we can eat soon." she told the others.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 11:00

"Well we got some," the elf said triumphantly, before dropping the wood onto the ground. Nen did the same. "We had better get this fire started before it gets too dark- we don't want Mirkwood's spiders descending on us in the depths of the night."

"Oh, lovely. Thanks Brannon," said Nén, laying the firewood down. "I'll be able to sleep very well tonight." She turned to Verya and said, "I - hate - spiders."

[Edited on 7/30/2005 by Aerwen_of_Rivendell]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 11:55
Verya chuckled and shook her head. "Then you'd definitely hate Mirkwood spiders. And I've even got the scars to prove my words, if you don't believe me."
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 06:26
"Lovely," said Nén through gritted teeth.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2005 09:21
Verya smirked. "Don't worry Nen, I'm sure we won't have any problems with spiders tonight. They've actually been kinda quiet lately..."
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 02:22
"Bite - your - tongue!" said Nén. "Don't curse it!"
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 03:40
Verya rolled her eyes. "I've learned in the time I've been out here that there is no such thing as cursing something. Besides, you might say I have a 'sixth sense' about these kind of things. But you won't believe me, so I might as well just shut up and not say anything else." she said, a hint of anger edging it's way into her voice. "And if you care, the stew's ready." she added, then walked off to take the first watch.

[Edited on 8/1/2005 by SylvanElf2931]
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 05:29
"I see," said Nén, sitting down on her blanket next to Anariel and sipping her soup.

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by Aerwen_of_Rivendell]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2005 05:36
Once well away from the others, Verya sat down and drew her sword, and began to think. Why did I get so angry? she thought to herself with a frown, then sighed and surveyed their surroundings.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 08:31
Nén had finished her stew and begun to sharpen her knife blade when she heard a twig snap from somewhere behind her. Brannon was by the fire, Anariel was sipping stew next to her, and Verya was on the other side of camp with her sword drawn.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 11:29
(WooT!!! 6 pages!!! )
Verya jerked out of her thoughts when she heard it, and she motioned for the others to be on the alert. She stood up silently and looked around, trying to figure out what had made the noise.

[Edited on 8/3/2005 by SylvanElf2931]
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 05:26
[AAH! My brain isn't working. HELP!]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 05:35
(I'm starting to run out of ideas for this right now, but maybe this'll work...) Verya turned as she heard soft footsteps behind her, and she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw her cousin Aeriel laughing at her. "What are you doing, trying to give me a heart attack or something?" she asked quickly, and Aeriel stopped laughing, though she was still smiling. "Father sent us to come looking for you." she replied as Legolas walked up, and Verya shook her head. "Aiya..."
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 09:53
Nén raised her eyebrows as she saw Verya with her cousin, then continued to sharpen her knife.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 10:05
"Next time, don't sneak up on us like that!" Verya told both of them, and motioned them towards the fire. "Go get some of the stew, if you want it. There's plenty left." she said, and went back to take watch.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 09:39
Nén saw Legolas's face reflected in her blade and looked up. She raised her eyebrows slightly, then returned to her blade sharpening, waving it about to test it when she heard a twig snap behind her..
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 01:14
Verya heard it as well, and moved her hand to her sword. She listened intently, trying to figure out what it could have been.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 12:39
Suddenly, Nén spun and slashed in the air. An Orc head rolled along the ground, then more came and surrounded them.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 01:21
"Great, more orcs..." Verya muttered as she, Legolas, and Aeriel stood back to back, and prepared their weapons. One brash orc stepped forward and started to skewer Verya, but she took it down with one stab of her sword, and Legolas and Aeriel both fell one each with arrows.
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 09:37
((Sorry guys! I should've posted sooner but I was away for a while. I'll just hop back in if you don't mind. ))

Brannon had been in the forest searching for more firewood when he turned back around to go back to the camp. But then he heard foul voices fill the air and he stopped dead in his tracks before fully realising what they belonged too. "Orcs...!'" he thought as he started to run back. He dropped the firewood to draw out his hunting bow and the heavy branches fell to the forest floor with soft thuds or loud bangs as they clashed against one another.

He knew he should have been more discreet- but it was too late for that now. As soon as he saw the light of the fire shining through a few small gaps in the trees he slipped an arrow into his bow string and fired it at the first thing that moved. It fell dead with a soft crumple.

As the elf came closer to the clearing he spotted more and more orcs and could clearly hear that his friends were all in trouble. The sound of flying arrows could faintly be heard beneath the loud din of the orcs: and more could be heard as Brannon began shooting again. He spotted a small break in the orc's circle, and suddenly took the opportunity to join the others in the ring of their foes to help them fight them off. He ran through to them all.

"Sorry I wasn't around to help earlier.." he said as he fell into place beside Nén who fought with her blade. He fired arrow after arrow at the advancing orcs. His draw was quick due to several years experience in hunting. "... but I was out getting more wood for the fire."

[Edited on 28/8/2005 by Aerhíril]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 11:37
(It's quite alright, though not too much has happened...)
"Well, at least you're here now." Verya said through clenched teeth, and focused solely on the fight. She felt a sharp pain in her shoulder and saw a black feathered arrow sticking from it, but pushed away the pain and continued slashing and decapitating orcs. She could vaguely hear her cousins still firing arrows and taking down orcs, but she didn't let her thoughts dwell on this.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 12:04
(Welcome back! =])

Nén kept fighting with her blade, slashing and kicking at the Orcs. Brannon appeared at her side, saying, "Sorry I wasn't around to help earlier, but I was out getting more wood for the fire."

"No problem," she said, beheading an Orc. "Whatever, as long as you are here," she stabbed one's "heart" and pulled out the blade. Suddenly, she felt a sharp pain in her upper back, near her shoulder/neck. She yelled out, and turned - an Orc had stabbed her with a blade, and pulled it out. It had had a black fluid at the end of it, and she began to feel dizzy. Everything was spinning, the trees, Verya, Legolas, Brannon......her head felt light, and she was so sleepy...dots danced in front of her eyes and fire flowed in her veins....Brannon appeared in front of her, calling her name, but he was swallowed up by darkness, her knees buckled and she was falling...

[Edited on 8/31/2005 by Aerwen_of_Rivendell]
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 05:00
Brannon caught Nén before she could hit the ground, and held her in his arms. Verya had been injured too, and the others were struggling to hold back the orcs. The elf lifted the limp body of Nén up and carried it in his arms. "We should go- now!" He shouted to them. There was an opening in the host of orcs which they could break through. They would then have to run, but in a forest as dense of Mirkwood loosing their foes would not be too hard. Brannon went first and the others followed, killing what they could as they went.
"Are you alright Verya?" Brannon asked, knowing that she wasnt but hoping that she could cope with her wound until they were free of the orcs.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 09:08
"Yes, I'm fine! I've had much worse happen before, this is nothing!" she replied, though she had begun to feel lightheaded. By the Valar, please don't let it have been poisoned... she thought as she ran, then looked back and saw her cousins serving as a rearguard, of sorts.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 09:24
Nén's head swam with nightmares. She was being chased by horrible enemies, creatures made of evil itself. She was struggling to get out of a stifling mist that just did not seem to lift. She was covered with a blinding, burning heat, struggling in her sleep. Her eyes opened for an instant, and she saw trees moving quickly past her head, and felt herself in strong arms, though she was too tired to even realize - or figure out - that they were Brannon's. Her head was stuffed with heat, it was overpowering her, she was lost in it....her eyes closed.

[Edited on 9/2/2005 by Aerwen_of_Rivendell]
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 02:40
Brannon turned to look behind him as he ran. Orcs were still following, but there were fewer than there had been before. The others had managed to fight most of them off and with any luck they would be able to loose the rest in the huge maze of trees before them.

"We need to get Nén back to the Kings Halls!" he yelled back to the others. Verya would need medical attention too, but thankfully she was holding out for now. Brannon changed direction to lead them back to where it was. He knew these woods well, having always hunted in them from a very young age. Black arrows shot past them as the orcs thankfully couldn't quite manage to hit their target. Nén was out cold, but he was sure he had felt her stir a few moments ago. That was good, it meant she was still fighting the poison that was likely to have been on the end of that orc's blade.
Aerwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 01:39
Nén awoke in a clearing in the dead black of night. She was in a cold sweat, and lying on the ground with a cloak over her. She was feeling too weak to get up, yet her head was a bit clearer than it had been. She put her head down and closed her eyes.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 02:10
Verya could hear Nen stirring from her position close by, but felt too bad herself to go check on her. She shifted slightly and wrapped her own cloak around her as she started to shiver, and forced herself to stay still so the others wouldn't see this amount of weakness she was showing right now.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email