Post RE: who owns an evenstar
on: April 04, 2005 03:16
I wish I had one...it's so pretty but it's too expensinve
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 10:44
Yes, I have one. It is just lovely and so worth the money.
DarkLordSauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 08:21
i bourght an Awrin Evenstar for my sister's 21st she loved it
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2005 01:39
I have one, and I love it too!
I think that it´s the best replica you can get from the movies (sterling silver one that is). It was worth the money for sure.

[Edited on 23/11/2005 by gwendeth]
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2005 11:12
I do and I agree with everyone here, it is such a beautiful piece of jewellry. Definately worth the money!
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2005 09:19
I have one, and I love it too!
I think that it´s the best replica you can get from the movies (sterling silver one that is). It was worth the money for sure.

[Edited on 23/11/2005 by gwendeth]

I'd have to agree with you, gwendeth! It's just stunning and not at all a let down once you see it in person. It's every bit as good as the one in the movies.
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2005 06:57
Hey! It was not gwendeth who wrote that post, it was me. The proud evenstarowner Mallenêl .
Cenerue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2006 06:21
I would love to buy one, and probably the one ring as well, if only I had the money. I'd also love Elrond's crown or Arwen's tiara.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2006 03:30
I have one and I love it!!
Silverfantasy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 11:53
I have one toooo, and i reallly reaaally love it.

But i have troubles with the stones, every now and than one falls out of my evenstar.... luckely it can be repaired, but i fear the day i loose one of the stones on the streets. It happend twice now and twice i found back the stone. I am much more careful now with the evenstar, not wearing it day and night anymore for it was very expensive and i wish to keep it complete foreverr and everrrrrrrr

Any other persons who also have troubles with the stones falling out? Some people i know also have this problem.

[Edited on 24/2/2006 by Silverfantasy]
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2006 02:23
Well you are certainly not alone. Viggo managed to break about 16 pendants during the shooting of the movie. The gems are just glued on and if you should loose one or break one I suggest that you replace it with a "15x4 swarowski navette" in "crystal" colour.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 05:34
My wife and I recently purchased one along with the Evenstar Pendent Display case from the Noble Collection. We have it displayed in our bedroom, so there's no fear of losing stones.
ArwenUndomielofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 08:23
!Hi there!

yeap i have an evenstar too..my king gave it to me on our magik wedding in the forrest last summer.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 05:19
How much are they?
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 01:12
I've got one, I was so happy because I got it on sale at the LOTR convention in toronto in the year...2003 I believe.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2006 07:28
How much are they?
They're presently $95 at the Noble Collection and the New Line Cinema Studio Store, $92.99 at Tolkientown.com, and $89 at mystic-caravan.com.

If you want it set with a Cubic Zirconium you can purchase it at Jewellery & Watch Solutions for $175 NZD (~$111.55 USD)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2006 05:29
Thanks!

Now to earn the money...
Monica
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2006 04:40
Last year I finally manage to buy one , it was my birthday/christmas present for my Mother , and she loves it!!!! Is so beautiful. Be well and take care.
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2006 10:47
I bought one back when the first movie came out and I used to wear it but I had stones fall out a few times, also once the wire holding the pendant onto the chain bent and the pendant fell off completely. I think of it more as a collectible now, more something to wear only for some special occasion and then put away carefully. (I tend to normally put a necklace on and wear it for weeks or more, sleeping, swimming, working in the yard.)
Sith_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 07:58
I got the Version 1 which was produced by EVITA here in Asia Pacific. This one is not so good as the shape is a bit off and the Sterling Silver isn't coated. But the stone is Set, not glued so no worry of the stones dropping off.

But her latest version is a lot better in term of design and quality so one of these days I'm gonna get it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Sith_Haldir/Evita/DSCN0329.jpg

For the Noble Collection one, will see first.
Faenowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 04:05
I have one! I have one! and I love it too I'm wearing it all the time. And my name faenowen cyll e-dúviel means Elena, bearer of the evenstar...

Just wanted to say that
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 06:11
I have one! :dance: My friends got it for my birthday. It's so beautiful! Mine doesn't have gemstones around the "flower" part, it's just silver. I only have one gem in the middle. I love it to *bits*.
Kal_Sunchaser
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2008 09:53
I'm looking to get one of these pendants for my fiancée, this October for our five year anniversary together. The idea will be that she will wear it (along with her engagement ring that she already has) for a year, and then during our wedding, will pass the pendant on to me (like Arwen to Aragorn), while I pass her the pendant that I have been wearing for the last five years. I'm getting a bit nervous though reading all these reviews and comments about the stones falling out and such...is that an inescapable problem, or does it depend on which one you buy? I'm looking at the one from Jewellery & Watch Solutions that Old_Tom_Bombadil linked to previously in the thread; does anyone have that one that can give me a bit of a review on? Does it stay together? Anyone think this is a dumb idea?
Aran_Quendi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2008 01:15
I bought one of those for my sister as well, she loves it and still wears it, I got it about Two years ago!
Anaredhel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2008 08:17
I have one too. Got it from Rhodes last year.
Elfine_Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2009 08:40
I have one, it was my 16th birthday present from my parents about 5 years ago. I've had no problems with the gem falling out, but mine is one of the one's with a single gem in the centre made of sterling silver. I've worn it almost constantly for the past five years and I would never be without it!!!
~x~
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2009 11:52
No but I'd love one.

It's so elegant. :love:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2009 03:05
I have one! :love: It's worth the money I wear it all the time
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email