Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
Post Font problems and questions
on: April 29, 2005 12:06
Hey everyone! Ok, I have a question...I don't know if this is in the right thread but it's worth a shot! I've downloaded a couple of the fonts from the multimedia section to the left but I can't figure out how to actually use them on something like coral word perfect! Can anyone help me out? Thanks guys!
Have a happy day!
Smile!

Edited for thread title

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by Elioclya]
Eruvyreth_Himiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Font problems and questions
on: April 29, 2005 02:02
You have to install the fonts first. So open windows explorer and go to the place you saved the fonts. then, in the folders section at the left, click the + next to "My Computer" and then click the + next to "Control Panel". You should then see a folder in conrol panel called "fonts". Then you drag your font files into that folder, and they will install by themselves. Then you can use them in any program you like.
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:37
Hey everyone! Ok this is fairly important so if anyone could help it would be great!
I'm designing names on this site and I've had a few people suggest their names to be in the Elvish fonts and the Rohan font.
I know how to download them but I can't figure out how to get it so I can type with them. Can anyone help me? The problem is is that I'm not a whiz at computers so if it's to complicated you'll need to use small words! lol
Anways thanks a bunch!
:heart:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:37
this is how I do it on my computer
first, download your font and make sure its on your desktop. right click and go to 'extract all'
go to control panel
seclect 'appearance and themes'
on the side bar there should be a fonts folder- select that
when it opens, go to 'file' and 'install new font'
your font should be located somewhere in there-- just click the one you want to install
when it shows up, highlight it and click 'ok'

hope this helps!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:38
That's how it works if your computer's on XP. If you can't find the font folder that way just do a search for it. Also, make sure that if you downloaded the font as a zipped file that it is unzipped and placed in a different file so it shows up when you look for it from the 'install new font' dialogue box.

If you're running an older version of windows, just locate the Font file by searching and then copy and paste the font into it. This is so much easier, I don't know why they ever bothered to change it.
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:38
Ok...well I right clicked on the downloaded font and extracted all but when I went to the font folder it wasn't anywhere in there! Ahhh! I'm going mad! Any suggestions?
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:39
The font will still be where you extracted it too, so you need to find the folder it's in. This might be My Documents or something else. If you put it on your desktop it should be easy to find from the Install Fonts dialogue box. Are you using XP?
Rosie_Gamgee31
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:42
:cry: I just cant seem to get the fonts to work.... I have sindarin and tengwar gandalf downloaded, but how do they work?!

Edited to clarify

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by Elioclya]
Eruvyreth_Himiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:44
What you have to do is open your control panel (in Start) and open the fonts folder there, then move the fonts you downloaded into this folder. They will automatically install.
Concerning_hobbits
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:44
also if it still doesnt work you could try just restarting the computer.

good luck!
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:47
Hey everyone! I desperatly need some help!
I had a number of fonts from this site downloaded on my computer to use. My dad took our computer in because we had about 50 virus and the whole harddrive was wiped, including the fonts!
I'd like to download them again but I'm computer illiterate and I can't figure out how to actually get them usuable on Coral Word Perfect or any other program.
Could someone tell me, from the point of download, how to get them working? I'd need fairly detailed instructions though, to understand where to go and what to click!
If anyone can help it would be deeply appreciated!
Hannon le!
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:49
Hey Celtic!
I got it explained to me a while back, the link is here. Hope it'll help you too!
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:52
I've combined all of the font threads into this one, so if you have any questions regarding them, this is the place to come!
sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:45
i downloaded some fonts from the media section but i can't get them to work witn microsoft word. help?
thanx.
Heri_Almare
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:45
Go to My Computer/C:/WINDOWS/Fonts. Put your fonts in this folder. They'll be automatically installed. Then you can use them in Microsoft Word.
lady_of_the_ring
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:46
Don't forget to Extract from zip files. If you don't use Extract, you can't install the fonts.:love:
archery_princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:46
how do you extract?
mine isn't working, the computer says that i "need the administrators permission'' and my bro wont help!!
lady_of_the_ring
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:47
To extract files, right-click on the zipped file, and click Extract All. A wizard should pop up, and just keep clicking next to extract the files.

As for the 'administrator's permission' . . . is there anyone else who uses that computer? Someone might have messed with the access privileges. And I know how annoying brothers can be!
Heri_Almare
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2011 09:48
Go to Control Panel and click on User Accounts. It will show you all the accounts on your computer. Below the names of the accounts it says either "computer administrator" or "limited account". Log in to one of the administrator accounts, then unzip and install the fonts there.

If you right-click on the zip file and it doens't say Extract All, it may say Open with WinZip up at the top in bold or just WinZip with a little picture next to it of a zip file, halfway down the list. If you get Open with WinZip, go ahead and click on it. It'll open up a window that shows you all the files in the zip file. Drag them out of the zip file and then you can use them. If you get just WinZip, hold your mouse over it and it'll open up a window off to the side. Click "Extract to here", the second option on the menu, and it will create a folder with the same name as the zip file and containing all the files from the zip file. Then you can install the fonts.

I hope this helps.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email