Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: June 11, 2007 01:26
Gwenneth smiled at Caer and then shifted her gaze to Brunin, her blue green eyes sparkling almost with laughter.

"You have every right to be proud, of both your Master and your own ability, my dear sir. It seems your Master has a good deal to be proud of in you as well as himself. You could take a lesson from him in that."

Her eyes went back to those of the Prince of Dol Amroth as he inquired about her future plans. Her smile never wavered as she considered the possibilities, and then she gave a small shrug and a light chuckle. "I don't really know. I lived here in Minas Tirith for five years under the wing of King Eldarion before meeting and marrying Lord Glyndr, and have lived under his thumb for twenty-odd years. I have no property of my own, no home to return to, as I would never dare set foot on the property we have resided at all this time without him. It's his property, given to him by King Eldarion so that I would have a home away from here, but under the circumstances, and given that I know what Glyndr is like, I would never be alowed to leave there again. My family is dead, save my sister Anorwen and my sons. I imagine I would ask the King for some sort of permanent refuge, but even then, here in this city, with Glyndr so close, I would not feel free." Her hands had dropped to her lap and she alternately smoothed and creased a spot in her dress over and over absentmindedly as she thought. "Perhaps I wuld travel, but I do not know what effect that would have on my heart." She blinked and then smiled at Caer once again, her hands folding and remaining still. "I suffered a heart trauma giving birth to my sons, and had to be restored by my brother-in-law. He is of the opinion that Glyndr's troublemaking ways and all the pain and agony he has caused me have been a contributing factor in my continuedpoor health. Perhaps this will be a turning point in my recovery." She reached up and pushed a curling lock of golden blond hair behind one delicately pointed ear and said, "My manners. Please, my Lord Prince, sit and join me for tea, and your man as well." The door opened and Lilia brought in the tea service, already appointed with cups for the Prince and Brunin. "We shall speak of finer things than Glyndr. I should like to hear of Dol Amroth, if it should please you."

Her anxiety had disappeared as she realized that this figure before her was truly the figure from her dream...so why was it that she did not fear him, as imposing as he was in that dream?

Halyn's own face was aghast at the news from Ceinwyn that he had permission to ask for Morwenna's hand. He broke out in a wide smile, and he grasped his beloved's hand as he went down on his knee and said humbly, with head lowered in respect, "My queen, I humbly ask for the hand of your beautiful daughter Princess Morwenna, that she may become my bride."

Gwyndr slid over slightly toward his left, his left hand reaching for Igrania's hand at the same time, his strong fingers clasping hers and his thumb lightly stroking the back of her hand.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 08:50
“Castlyn” Felyon approached Glyndr’s twin slowly from across the courtyard.
Castlyn stood in deep discussion with four of his guard and did not hear the quiet spoken elf until Felyon spoke again.
“Castlyn, I must speak with you” the pale elf stayed his distance, not wanting to intrude on military matters.

“Felyon?” Castlyn turned, a look of concern crossed his face as he saw the look of devastation that haunted the artist’s green eyes, “one moment Felyon” he added as he quickly dismissed the guard to their new duties.
The guard now dismissed Castlyn walked to where Felyon stood, a forlorn creature so full of sadness, “Felyon, tell me, speak to me”.
“Castlyn” Felyon began, “ I have come to ask of you a great favour” he paused and swallowed hard as he met the ice blue eyes of his friend. Mirrors of those ice blue eyes of his dearest friend, Lord Glyndr, eyes that held only darkness now. “I have just left Glyndr, and Castlyn he is wounded, and seems to have been abandoned, left to suffer…I beg you go to him, see that at least he is made comfortable” Felyon pleaded with all his heart.
“You are his brother” he said sadly, “ He might speak with you, for he will speak to me no longer”.

Castlyn was silent for a moment before he spoke, his words measured, “ Felyon, Glyndr has committed a serious crime against the Royalty, and Gondor itself. I have no pleasure in telling you that he deserves all he suffers and more”.
He paused, the look in Felyon’s eyes could not be ignored, the artist was his friend also, “Very well Felyon, I shall go to him, but I promise nothing, I fear he will wish to speak even less with me”.
“Thank you” Felyon whispered as he turned to walk slowly away towards where he felt safe..to those wonderfully light rooms he was so graciously given as his studio.

Glyndr did not move from his position on the cold, wet floor as the door of the cell creaked open, yet he knew that it was his brother who stood there.
“Glyndr” Castlyn’s voice seemed to echo off the stone walls.
“Why are you here?” Glyndr hissed as he turned his head to look at his twin, an evil light reflected in cold eyes, “ So! You are the commander of the guard now?” he sneered as he noticed the uniform Castlyn now wore.
The dark elf smiled coldly as he regarded his own uniform, the once magnificent uniform of Captain now bloodstained, wet and filthy bore no resemblance to its former resplendence. He shivered, pain still coursing through his chest in waves as the remnants of the poison still coursed through his veins.
That only served to make him all the more resentful, “ Betrayer!” he spat at Castlyn , “You betray your kin, and still dare to look at me with such derision..I know what is in your thoughts! What evil deeds and thoughts you have damned me with…, Oh Castlyn…how can you dare to judge me? When your thoughts are as dark as my own?”

Castlyn lifted his chin, his usually calm eyes held an angry fire, “ I will not call you brother!” he stated, controlling the anger in him, “For I disowned you when that madness that lives in you became too strong”.He took a step forward , his leather booted feet rippling the dank puddles on the cell floor, “ I had been asked by a compassionate soul to do what I could to make your imprisonment more comfortable ..But now I see that you deserve to stay locked in this dark, squalid place, with no comfort, until the King and Queen have decided your fate..and I hope they make it a long , torturous and painful punishment…you deserve nothing less!”

“ Strong, damning words from one who deems to be so perfect, so good..So wonderfully reliable… Leave me!” Glyndr snapped at his twin, and would have flown at him had he not felt so ill and in pain, “ I wish to speak with Gwenneth and my sons” he demanded, “ at least grant me that!”

“You can demand nothing!” Castlyn finally snapped, He thought Gwenneth dead, and would not tell Glyndr that, and he would never allow the twins here, or anywhere in Glyndr’s presence. “You have forfeited your rights and your life when you committed treason, your life is no longer your own to do with as you please”.

Castlyn fought the urge to aim a kick at his brother, then turned, and without another word, swept out of the cell slamming the door behind him with a dull thud and the grating of the bolts being secured.

Glyndr glared at the door with as much venom that could have melted the metal.
“Guards” he called , “Water…bring me water”..He knew that they would probably ignore his demand…yet…maybe…maybe there was one who would succumb to his persuasive magic?

Felyon waited eagerly to hear what news Castlyn had to tell of Glyndr.
The artist’s heart was torn again as he learned the truth of what had taken place.
Castlyn left the studio in silence and returned to his duties…Felyon’s look would haunt his dreams.
Felyon paced the room wringing his hands , until he made up his mind what he must do.
He wrote a note to Ceinwyn in his elegant script, asking her if she might allow him to visit Glyndr daily .He knew the Queen was aware of their longstanding friendship, and hoped she might relent.

Felyon left the note where he knew she would find it..he knew she was kept busy with affairs of the Realm, but he had hope she would reply soon , whether she decided to allow him to visit , or forbade him to see Glyndr again, felyon needed to know..

[Edited on 12/6/2007 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2007 11:11
Ceinwyn's smile grew broad as she watched Morwenna stutter a disbelieving reply, eyes a-sparkle. The young Princess glanced over as her mother prompted her for an answer.

" I accept. By the Valar, I accept!" she implored earnestly, face flushed as she edged forwards. The Queen drew back then, a deep, daring sigh escaping from behind the mantle of majestic charm. Now, in the enclosed rafters of the room, she was a mother. Not a Queen or a ruler. But a mother.

" You shall have the most dazzling wedding in Gondors history. Greater even, the my own" she added sombrely, eyes misting for a moment before they cleared.

" Let us hope then, that our King returns to us in great haste. For now though...I leave you to your goodwill" and, leaving in a flurry of purple silk, the young Princess emitted a delirious sob. After every shadow they had borne - after having their dreams shattered so many times, now thier fate was at peace.

Igrania's breathe caught as she felt Gwyndr's thumb stroke the underside of her palm. The ambiance of the room was infectious. Where was there was a chill, now there was warmth. Where once hearts where broken, now they were reformed. Hope was almost tangible within the musty air and she thought then, that perhaps the time for new beginnings was finally upon them. Perhaps even...her eyes - dark and dancing - chanced a glance up at Gwyndr. Could something be forged there? Surely he had seen many a woman more beauteous...surely...

Prince Caer offered Gwenneth a slow, sombre smile as she relayed her trauma. To have met with so much grief - for one so fair..and strong too. Infinetly so. He could sense her will as tangibly as if she had spoken to him of it. Gwenneth was no wallflower. Leaning back slightly his eyes skewed thoughtfully to her face.

" I do not think it is your fate to be eternally dammed by him" The words formed almost of thier own accored. Eloquent and honest, Caer's smile grew warm. Dol Amroth. Somehow he associated her yearning for freedom with his countries expanse of sea and air. He felt sure then - utterly so - that her soul would know no boundries in his land.

" Ah fair elleth...Dol Amroth is a place like you have never known. Not even as one of your kind" he teased before offering her a slice of mutton from the platter.

" We are a proud people and perhaps, somewhat private. Our lore is that of the sea. It is often said, a man of Dol Amroth is nothing his ship-"

" Master sailor is our Prince" Brunin interjected enthusiastically, when with a brisk bow and a fierce blush, he left Prince and elleth to thier own accord.

" I do like to sail" Caer concurred modestly, aware of the proximity of this elleth. And those eyes: such eyes.

Ceinwyn's majesty had returned with a vengence as she made the ardurous journey down into the depths of Minis Tirth: to the dungeons. Cloak pulled tight, mouth set firm, she stepped quietly into Glyndr's cell.

" Now then. What a bother you've caused us" Her voice echoed about them, cutting, biting into the silence. Stony and unimpressed, she moved closer to the ellon, blue eyes furious now as they held firm to his face.

"Irrelevant as it is, I want to your excuse. Quickly Sir"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2007 10:46
The elf heard her light footsteps on stone, long before she appeared, as a breath of fresh air in the foul darkness.
Glyndr lifted his head slowly; icy blue eyes looked at her with a fierce intensity from where he sat, huddled against the wall .
“So… you came”, he stated coldly, yet with a touch of the warmth of familiarity he dared assume with the Queen, “This place is not for one such as you”.

The dark elf coughed slightly, breathing deeply as he pulled himself up from the damp floor, using the wall and chains to get unsteadily to his feet.
“That I should cause bother?” he coughed again, the pain still coursing through his chest, “I think not my Lady”.
Glyndr lifted his chin as he finally steadied himself, the elf’s arrogant pride still not diminished, despite the disgrace imprisonment brought, or that he now resembled a bedraggled shadow of his former elegant self.
“I have no excuse, nor do I need one” he addressed Ceinwyn with his sharp arrogance, “Morwenna is meant for my son, and I meant to ensure that no other common usurper should have her”.

Glyndr’s steady gaze met the anger in her eyes, “Ceinwyn , I do not regret my actions” he stated calmly, “I only regret my stupidity in allowing myself to be taken so soon”.
He took an unsteady step towards her, his steady gaze unwavering, “ So , my Queen, what fate do you and that King now cast upon me?” he tilted his head slightly and smiled his charming half smile, “Am I to remain here , to be forgotten in this dungeon from hell? Or have you another, more crueller sentence that you shall bestow upon me?”

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2007 09:24
Gwenneth smiled and watched as far as her eyes could as Brunin left them. Her eyes quickly cast back to the Prince's face, and she smiled as he began to talk of his home.

"You like to sail? I must admit, I have never been." She had accepted his offering onto her plate and now mused at it for a moment before looking back up into those eyes of his. Eyes so deep and filled with warmth that she could almost feel her sins being washed away in them. "I have never been anywhere where sailing is a necessity, let alone a pastime. Is it very difficult to sail? What of creatures in the sea? Do you not fear them?" She blushed as she realized that she was not giving him time to answer, and that she, in her excitement to learn something new, had leaned forward with an eager look on her face as if she were a schoolgirl.

Gwenneth sat back and said softly, "Please, forgive my neglecting to give you time to answer, Prince Caer. It has been a long while since anyone has spoken to me of anything new that I have no knowledge of." her voice took on a much firmer tone as she said, "One day, I will have to visit Dol Amroth and see this land you are so rightfully proud of." She sipped her drink and smiled at him, encouraging him to continue speaking. "So what of your family? Surely there must be a Princess of Dol Amroth as well."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 11:40
Ceinwyn’s frosty glare did not waver as Glyndr drew close, his spirit – its clammy shadow – pressing close within the rooms confines. The Queen, arching a fair eyebrow emitted the most brittle of laughs.

“ I have given my consent for Halyn to wed Morwenna. But it is not for you – they hate you Glyndr” Ceinwyn stipulated glacially. Moving backwards alittle and fixing the ellon with the alarming glare of majesty, she sighed, bitter and wistful as the musty air sapped joy from the room.

“ How did we come to this? How did you come to this? Glyndr you could have had it all! If something is meant to be it does not pass us by, you know that. Morwenna and Halyn were always going to find one another, somehow. You did not need to do this! When we were young, your feckless impulse was excusable. But now?” Ceinwyn bit disgustedly before continuing for brief scowl

“ now I do not even know you. Eldarion’s revenge will be swift – you this. I cannot save you now: you have condemned yourself”

Prince Caer’s smile mellowed the ambiance of the room – the sparkle bouncing between Gwenneth and himself. Dol Amroth….his home. The lull of the ocean was a chorus through his veins, a symphony in his blood. Innate. With a thoughtful sigh his eyes skipped back to the elleth’s lovely face.

“ Sailing is an artform. I confess I have been privileged – by merit of birth it was drilled into me from the very first. I have never loved anything so much as the freedom of ploughing through a storm” . Though even as he said it, something stirred within his stomach. True he had never yet loved anything so much – but truly, the elleth…could she be his test? There was certainly something. The way she looked upon him: she was at ease, something instinct told him was a frail rarity for this puzzlingly wonderful creature.

“ You shall come to Dol Amroth Lady Gwenneth” he piqued staunchly, dark eyes positively dancing. “ And you shall be my honoured – my most honoured – guest” He smiled then – bashfully so - and acute with awareness of how notable his warmth might become. “ But no – no there is no Princess…”

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2007 09:46
Glyndr’s steady blue gaze did not betray the sudden disbelief that this Queen who stood before him had, in just a few words achieved what he could not in all his efforts.
Halyn and Morwenna together as they were destined to be.
“So easily this woman can change the course of lives” he thought deeply.

The elf Lord blinked once and then set his icy gaze back to her face, “My sons will never hate me”, he stated with a sharp, calm confidence, “They are a part of me, and can never truly hate me ..never”.

Moving with his easy stealth Glyndr took yet another step towards her, his eyes a sharper frost as she spoke of things that were meant to be not passing by, “Ceinwyn, there are some things that should always have been my Queen”.
The dark elf moved closer still, “Ceinwyn” he said his voice softening to a darker whisper as he boldly stroked her face with a cold fingertip as if trying to soften the scowl that marred her fine features.
“Some things should have come to pass, and yet, with deep sorrow they did not”, he smiled a cold smile that held a touch of sadness, “Fate can be a cruel mistress”.

Glyndr shivered and stepped back a pace, he coughed lightly as the pain in his chest again ran through him like cold steel.
Then lifting his head he smiled again at her, still that proud elf Lord, still darkly beautiful despite of these circumstances and cold squalor that had reduced him to a pale shadow of his former splendour.
“Ah” he looked deep into her eyes, “Ah, but my Ceinwyn , I know you well my Princess of Soar, the Jewel….I do not believe your harsh words are spoken truly from your heart. Yes, I am condemned now…my fate and life at the mercy of that weak King. I do not fear him”.

Glyndr looked deeper into her eyes as if trying to search her soul, “You will not see him harm me Ceinwyn” he whispered in a cool, almost hypnotic clarity, “You will not let him take that revenge…are you still not that gentle, yet free spirited young girl I once knew of old? No Ceinwyn, you can, and will save me”.

[Edited on 4/8/2007 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 09:00
"No Princess? Surely you jest. There must be someone at your side..." Gwenneth's words faltered as she looked deep into the eyes of the Dol Amrothian Prince. She then smiled shyly, and said, "I would be delighted to come to see your home. The way your eyes shine when you speak of it, it must be a grand place indeed."

She sipped at her tea, offering more to the Prince. She wanted to ask if he believed in fate and destiny, in dreams and the things seen in them...but he might think her a fool, a woman overwrought with madness. Instead she said, "I heard several of the serving girls talking about a dream one of them had that they claim has come true. The girl is positive that a man she dreamed of has been introduced to her in real life. What do you think of that? I know that Lord Glyndr would have mocked the girl and probably sneaked into her room in the middle of the night to frighten her or seduce her. What is your reaction to hearing something like that?"

(Sorry so short-still not feeling better)
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2007 03:46
Prince Caer’s eyes donned a dewy hue as he smiled, shrugged a little and offered Gwenneth his hand.

“See these scars? Battle has wrought them. They are real – painfully so sometimes. Yet I think the real question – is do I believe in a reality separate from the mundane? From what we see. Lady Gwenneth – I do” he concurred, quite somber as he recalled the face from his memoirs. The elleths face. He had doubted its existence – toyed with the notion that perhaps, it was a dream to sour his days. But she was real. As real as the very words he spoke. But what did it mean? What could it mean?

A sharp rap on the door shook him from his revere. Lila, blushing and boisterous, bounded into the room. In one hurried rush she delivered the news.

“ Lady! Lord –“ she added with a quick courtesy over to Caer.

“ There is news! The happiest Gondor has borne for months! Princess Morwenna is to marry – but nay, not to Elfwine of Rohan. But Halyn – Halyn of Gondor!” she decreed shrilly, eyes positively luminous. Prince Caer’s eyebrows rose a notch. A slight to any royal Prince. But he could not jostle with the notion. Halyn was of Gwenneth. And Gwenneth was – Gwenneth was….

“ Wonderous news. She must be recovering then” he noted, smile somewhat puzzled.

Ceinwyn’s upper lip curled as his finger traced her jaw. True – she remembered. Valar, how could she forget? He had fetched her from the blessed Isle of Lyonesse – mystic capital of Soar – and borne her to a foreign country, a stranger for a husband. But her path was her own: she had forged her reputation and settled prestige upon a character utterly determined and a will of infinite resilience.

“ You have gone too far Glyndr. I will not save you” she vowed stoically, calm now as she stepped backwards. Ceinwyn’s majesty was positively icy as she took one slow, solid stare over at the elf. Such a waste….such a waste of promise!

“ You could have been a great Lord Glyndr. No there is not a hope left for you in the world. You have destroyed yourself”.

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2007 04:40
“So, she has truly hardened her heart, and will refuse to help me”. The thought snapped sharply, “Then just as truly, it is by the influence of that pale King that has turned her to ice against me”.
The elf Lord lifted his chin and again looked directly at her, his blue –frost stare once more searching her soul as he thought deeply, “No…. she cannot have frozen her heart so coldly that she does not feel the warmth of that friendship of long ago..that it does not still touch her?
No Ceinwyn, you and I are two of a kind…. you will not truly abandon me forever”.

“I am lost then,” Glyndr stated with a quiet calm, He stepped back a few paces, his back now against the cold stone of the wall, the gaze broken.
“If you shall not help me”, The dark souled elf traced the path of a water droplet as it ran down the stone, his slender finger still trembled slightly as it followed the dark waterdrop. He felt wretched, sick.
“How your heart has become hard and unfeeling Ceinwyn,” Glyndr took a deep breath as he turned his gaze from the wall to her face, “Waste of a promise?”
The elf laughed softly, a cold laugh that held a sigh of sadness beneath the ice, in remembrances of sunlit memories. Of hope.

“You may abandon me to whatever fate your King decrees” he whispered with that clear defiance still, “but you will never forget me Ceinwyn, I shall stay with you always, haunting your waking hours and dark dreams each night, through all your life and beyond. You shall not so easily forget me, and what might have been between you and I my Queen”.

Glyndr looked away, the coldness creeping into his body, he shivered, “Ceinwyn” he said slowly, “I ask of you one last favour. As one who has known me as a friend , as that young Princess of Soar, I ask you not to leave me too long in this place of dark shadows and death. Whatever is my fate, let me face it soon”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 08:22
Gwenneth took his large hand in her much more delicate ones, and she traced her fingers gently over the scars as she listened to him speak. She raised her eyes to his and was about to speak when the rap at the door took her attention.

“ Wonderous news. She must be recovering then” he noted, smile somewhat puzzled.

Lila nodded, her head bobbing up and down. “She is recovering nicely, my Lord. Her mother made the decision just moments ago. The King has not yet made the proclamation, but what Queen Ceinwyn has said will come to pass, always does!”

Gwenneth stood, and turned to face Lila. “Most wondrous news! Pray go tell my son I wish to see him as soon as possible, and tell the Princess that I would like an audience with her as well! Oh, happiness for us, at last!” She clapped her hands lightly as Lil;a ran away, and Gwenneth turned , a smile on her face, to see Caer staring at her.

“Prince Caer, I too believe in a reality separate from the mundane. I know it exists, my Lord Prince, and I know this because I have seen you there, and you exist in this reality.” She smiled at him and said softly, ‘I have seen many things over the years, met many people, and I never forget a face. Although I know it sounds ridiculous, I saw your face, Prince Caer, in my dreams.”
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 04:39
The rider eased wearily of his horse. Cold, debauched, and sick beyond belief he jostled aimlessly into the courtyard. His men, toying with their own shadows, bobbed a bow to their King before disparaging into the thick, cloudy evening. They had not found Morwenna. They had not rescued the princess. Yet even as Eldarion shuffled into the Tower’s noisy halls, he noted the air. It was bright. Brighter still as he drew closer to its heart.

“ Valar!” it was Lila’s shrill little squeal which punctured the din of his thoughts. She was breathless, rosy cheeked and evidently beside herself. Pausing to courtesy she managed a hearty smile.

“ Have no fear my Lord. Your daughter is safe-“

“ Safe…but, she is not with me-“ he remonstrated brokenly as the maid replied with a patient grin.

“ Prince Caer of Dol Amroth rescued her – and brought with him her captor” Lila added, the tremble of her voice not now of joy. But fear. Eldarion’s fury was infamous.

" Glyndr". Eldarion uttered the name in one, single hiss. An outtake of breathe so cold, it almost brought Lila to tears. This was the King of Battles: this was the warrior of War.

" I'll see to him. Thank you Miss" he rapt somewhat harshly, moving now to his own chamber - where he knew: where he could almost predict Ceinwyn would be waiting....

Caer was very still for a moment before, with one sweeping flush of apprehension, the magnitude of her words drummed deftly into his skull. The dream – she had borne it too! But then, what could this mean for them? For Dol Amroth. He would seek counsel, he mused inwardly, utterly perplexed as she took his hands. But of course, gilded and princely, his noted exterior was ever guarded. It was his fame.

“ I should like to discuss this matter further then Lady” he spoke quietly now, all earnest warmth. He had been bedazzled by the elleth in her joy. The noise about them grew thicker as the news spread – and then dimmed again as some other, some strange clatter hackled out down the corridors, passed quickly between folk. Caer, ever watchful, drew back, straight and tall as he stepped towards the door.

“ Your King has retuned Lady” he declared evenly.

“ Gondor’s King is back”

Lila shot lithely up to the Healing Houses, panting and somewhat bedraggled and she skidded to a halt before Morwenna. One hand clutched at her side and the other pushing a stubborn lock of brown hair back behind her ear, she smiled over the Princess, blissfully ignorant, wonderfully in love.

“ Lady..” Lila broached tentatively, wide grey eyes luminous.

“ Yes?” she answered dreamily, looking now as she turned from Halyn and looked at the girl.

“ Lady Gwenneth has asked an audience of you – and her son” she added with the sweetest of curtseys.

Morwenna nodded before she paused, tilted her head and arched an eyebrow.

“ What else? I can hear noise…”

“ King Eldarion is back Lady” Lila spluttered, too fast so that she had to retrace her words. Morwenna’s eyes grew slowly wider, moist now.

“ I will see him- Leave me, please!” she admonished as the maids began fluttering to tame her back to bed.

“ I will see him” Her will was, it seemed – quite made up.

[Edited on 1/10/2007 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2007 12:42
"Eldarion is back..." she whispered to herself as Caer stood at the door. The words that should have never had to be uttered, the words that signalled the end of his search for the daughter stolen by his friend's husband, chilled rather than warmed her. Glyndr would surely face death now. As much as she despised what her husband had done to her over the years, what he had done to Morwenna, it mattered not. The father of her sons was going to die, surely. The King would not let him live after this act of his.

"Perhaps you should go seek an audience with him, my Lord Prince. After all, it was you who rescued the Princess from the clutches of the vile Lord Glyndr." Her eyes swept the floor, rather than looking at him. After an audience with the King, praises would be sung of Prince Caer throughout the land, and surely some other, younger, prettier creature would capture his glance. There was nothing between them, she and Prince Caer of Dol Amroth. She was merely the elleth who had borne the sons of the kidnapper of the princess, had foolishly married him all those years ago, though she knew he was a vile, evil elf.

"I am sure that he would be most grateful to see you." She turned and walked slowly toward the balcony of her room, her heart heavy with grief. The dream had meant nothing. It had been a mere flash of the man who would bring her husband to justice. She could only hope that Halyn and Morwenna were given the blessing of Eldarion to wed, for her heart would surely be destroyed if her son did not marry the one he loved.

"Mother?" Gwyndr appeared in the doorway. "Excuse me, Lord Prince," he said with a bow to Caer. "Mother, I do not mean any intrusion, but King Eldarion is back, and I had thought that perhaps you would wish an escort to go see him." He smiled and said, "I was unaware that the Prince of Dol Amroth was still here."

"Eldarion will come to see me, if he so desires. I have no place in his presence until he decides otherwise, my son. Perhaps you should go with Prince Caer and offer our family's sorrow and apologies for the trouble that has been wrought here by your father." She did not turn from the balcony doors, only paused with her hand on the knob and then opened the doors, stepping out onto the balcony.

Gwyndr looked concerned and glanced at Prince Caer. "My mother has long been friends with King Eldarion, but she fears my father will one day ruin that bond between them. She is fragile, having died giving birth to my brother and I, brought back by a miracle. She feels that she was cursed to marry my father, who mistreated her for all these years, and that she does not deserve better. It is my hope, and my brother's, that one day, our mother might find that someone cares enough to try to erase the wounds of the past and give her the life she has deserved for all these years."

He looked back toward his mother and said, "I shall go, Mother. I shall return here later, and perhaps I shall bring the one I wish to marry with me." His mother gave nothing more than a nod as she stared off into the distance, in the gathering dark, silhouetted against the sky of Gondor as she stood at the balcony railing, and Gwyndr nodded to the Prince of Dol Amroth before leaving his mother's suite.

[Edited on 1/10/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 04:41
Glyndr did not look back as he asked of Ceinwyn the favour.
Instead he returned slowly to the furthest corner of the lightless cage that was his prison.
He sat, his back against the wet stone, his forehead resting on his drawn up knees, “What must be must be”, the elf Lord stated calmly, not knowing, or caring if Ceinwyn had left, or still stood, an Angel of judgement over him.

The air in this dark pit seemed yet colder, more dank and oppressive. The dark elf shivered continuously now, ice, not warm blood ran in his veins.
He pulled his once vibrant blue cloak tighter around him, the fabric now dull and tattered, wincing sharply as the wound that still plagued him burned like fire.
“Curse you!” Glyndr lifted his head, again cursing the one whose arrow had cost him his freedom, whose poisoned barb had now condemned him, “You too shall know what it is to suffer pain and the hopelessness of captivity”.

Glyndr pushed a stray lock of his damp hair behind a bejewelled ear, “No” he hissed a dark, venomous hiss as he lifted his head slowly, the blue spark in his eyes glittered in the rush light, as brightly as the sapphire in his ear.
“No, I shall not go meekly to meet my fate….I shall be gone from here before that mortal King has the satisfaction of bestowing such judgement upon me”.

He pulled the cloak tighter about his shoulders and smiled his enigmatic half smile, “Felyon” he said darkly, “I shall use Felyon’s devoted friendship, and Ahh, my little artist, you shall prove that loyalty to me, perhaps even to your death”.

OOC Just because Glyndy is planning to use Felyon to help make an escape..it doesn't mean he will definitely escape..Please Etaina and Iell , continue with whatever plans you may have had

[Edited on 4/10/2007 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2007 11:57
Ceinwyn regarded her husband with something close to asperity. It was done: she had delivered the news. Eldarion remained brisk, indifferently sour and quiet. The journey homeward had been an arduous one. Laden with fear only to find some other noble had succeeded where he could not. He was no more King then Caer. Was his prowess waning then? Was Gondor’s King becoming a liability? Confused and flustered, he bit back a retort as Ceinwyn walked over to the balcony. The people were cheering, delirious that some good, some wonderful news had befallen Gondor at last. Morwenna was safe and their King had returned.

“ Forgive my assumption husband. But I must stand by my decision with conviction. There was never going to be any other outcome: we just ignored it” she stipulated earnestly, voice soft now as she strove to find a way through Eldarion’s misery. The King managed a snort, grey eyes stormy.

“ You have been ruling on your own in my stead: I will not contradict you now”. Ceinwyn drew back at his waspish rebuff, blue eyes somewhat cloudy. How could he speak so? Their marriage has been founded on equality and a mutual harness of love. It had been strenuous of late, to be sure – but to warrant this?

“ The clouds have soured your mindset I see” she noted distantly, straining to maintain the majesty she used with her subjects. But with Eldarion, she should not have to. This man owned her heart. Why then, could she not flee to him – instead of pulling back? Eldarion shrugged, running a hand through his mane of dark, dank hair.

“ I cannot speak with you thus now. Leave me – I wish to wash”

“Leave you?” Ceinwyn retorted steely before, dipping her head slightly, she left as battered and windswept as the shadows that plagued her husbands heart.

Eldarion watched his wife's retreating back torn between the desire to enfold and enrage. Things were not the same as he had left them. His will had been flouted and Morwenna's vindicated. Perhaps his wife was correct: perhaps the Valar had jeered at his implementation of Royal treaties and bonds. He was a King. But at that moment, the ambiance dousing an otherwise berift soul was the lonely desolation of a lost ranger.

The squire at his door entered then, meak and restrained.

" Yes?" Eldarion snapped brusquely as the youth answered too quickly, too fretfully.

" A visitor. He says it is important"

" Does he now?" Eldarion arched a brow sardonically before, with a shrug, the said 'he' was admitted.

" Speak then - and make haste. I have a prisoner to see to..."

Prince Caer partially set towards the door - but Gwenneth's pique of sadness was so awesome - and so imbued within his own awareness, that it was simply impossible to ignore. With a small nod over to her son, Caer drew back into the chamber and closer towards Gwenneth.

" How now, I can detect sorrow in your heart - and doubt" he noted quietly, blue eyes as dark midnight. He was very close now - the elleths proximity was intoxicating. But their magnetism was such, that he just couldn't pull away: not like this.

" Come now - your husband is a villan. But he will be dealt with. Your son is to marry the esteemed Morwenna - and you, you should be at peace. All that you want is within your sight" he urged warmly, the man carefully unveiling himself from behind the Prince, the warrior: the legend.

" Alas - I know a soul is a hard taskmaster when it comes to being settled. Valar, do I know!" he cajoled somewhat thoughtfully, sighing as he thought back to the leagues he'd travelled in his years - the oceans he'd crossed. And for what? In preparation to rescue a foreign Princess? With a small frown, he shook them from his head, his attention solely now for the elleth.

" There will be feasting - a week of it I should think with the bounty of good news this country has had!" he jested, chuckle as soft as honey.

" And it will be on your honour" he sobered quietly " since you are held in mine"

Morwenna's steps were but a shuffle as she edged closer to the cell. She shouldn't have stolen away from the guards - but she had penned her strength as such to warrant this. Now, as it flagged, her being galled with the proximity of him, the ellon - the Evil. But it was a necessity.

Robed in a gown of soft saffron, with her hair bound neatly in a braid, she bore now the regal dignity of her kin. But the memories - the shadows, still sobered the light to dim within her voice. It was steady though, and determined to pierce.

" Our positions are changed are they not?" Morwenna goaded waspishly, staring over at Glyndr. It was enough to seem him humiliated, to see him trapped in as much a real cage as she was an emotional one. Embalmed within steel and shut off from civility, the ellon's power diminished for a moment as Morwenna smiled. A strange sight in such a forlorn, hopeless setting.

" I am going now to see my father. I am going now to the love of my people: I am going now - to the love of your son. Goodbye Glyndr. Goodbye"

Another presence filtered through the silence then, foreign footsteps - her guards? With a small wince the Princess gathered her skirts, cast one look back at the elf, and merged deftly within the shadows. Within the instant, she was gone.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2007 08:38
The squire at his door entered then, meak and restrained.

" Yes?" Eldarion snapped brusquely as the youth answered too quickly, too fretfully.

" A visitor. He says it is important"

" Does he now?" Eldarion arched a brow sardonically before, with a shrug, the said 'he' was admitted.

" Speak then - and make haste. I have a prisoner to see to..."

"I am aware of this, my Lord King. Seeing as how the prisoner is my father, trust me when I say I am more than aware." Gwyndr stood, chin raised in the same unashamed pose he had seen his mother stand before her King with. "My mother, my brother and I wish you to know that we will stand by whatever your decision is regarding the Lord Glyndr and his fitting punishment for the kidnapping of the Princess Morwenna. You will receive no ill will from any of us regarding him. The Lord Glyndr was foolish in his decision, and wrong to take the action he did. He deserves no less than the cruelest of punishments. My mother, the Lady Gwenneth also wishes me to convey her condolences at not being present to speak to you herself, but she thought that with everything that has happened, that she might perhaps be unwise in coming to you. She fears a change in your friendship due to the actions of my father, and she has bitter regret that my brother and I call the man such a thing. The Lady Gwenneth wishes to speak with you regarding an annulment of her marriage to Lord Glyndr, after which she will leave this place and go as far away as you wish her to be." Gwyndr spoke with the air of nobility, but it was hard for him to get the words out to Eldarion. His mother was hurting, to be sure, but once again, she was taking on the burdens of Glyndr's actions, and that thought turned his stomach. "She has been visiting with the man who captured Lord Glyndr in our suite this day. Prince Caer of Dol Amroth has shown her the utmost respect and concern for her well-being, and he has made her feel a bit less like a woman who has anything to be ashamed of, I believe."

Gwyndr stepped back and formally bowed to his King. "As far as my brother and I go, we live, as always, to serve our King in any capacity he needs us. I will take my leave now, that you may attend to the prisoner." He paused for a moment and then said, "Lord Glyndr is unaware that Lady Gwenneth still lives. He believes her to be dead. Please do not mention her desire for an annulment to him, for he will then surely know my mother is alive and he will seek to possess her again." With that, Gwyndr left the King's presence.

Prince Caer partially set towards the door - but Gwenneth's pique of sadness was so awesome - and so imbued within his own awareness, that it was simply impossible to ignore. With a small nod over to her son, Caer drew back into the chamber and closer towards Gwenneth.

" How now, I can detect sorrow in your heart - and doubt" he noted quietly, blue eyes as dark midnight. He was very close now - the elleths proximity was intoxicating. But their magnetism was such, that he just couldn't pull away: not like this.

" Come now - your husband is a villan. But he will be dealt with. Your son is to marry the esteemed Morwenna - and you, you should be at peace. All that you want is within your sight" he urged warmly, the man carefully unveiling himself from behind the Prince, the warrior: the legend.

" Alas - I know a soul is a hard taskmaster when it comes to being settled. Valar, do I know!" he cajoled somewhat thoughtfully, sighing as he thought back to the leagues he'd travelled in his years - the oceans he'd crossed. And for what? In preparation to rescue a foreign Princess? With a small frown, he shook them from his head, his attention solely now for the elleth.

" There will be feasting - a week of it I should think with the bounty of good news this country has had!" he jested, chuckle as soft as honey.

" And it will be on your honour" he sobered quietly " since you are held in mine"

"Prince Caer, I have never sought anything other than happiness for myself and my children. Every decision I have made, I have been pushed into, because it was what everyone else thought was right. I loved a man once, a great man, but he could not, because of station and propriety, love me in return. So I settled. I settled for a great Captain of Gondor, an elf whose military prowess was almost as well known as his prowess with women. That choice has brought me nothing but heartache for the last twenty years. I am not a fighter. I once had the strength to be one, but not anymore. I wonder if it is because of the events and mistakes of the past that my Queen has chosen to allow the marriage between my son and the Princess, or if it is because she knows the depth of their love and how right it is to give them happiness. All my life I have given up thoughts of happiness for myself, and thought only of my family." She turned and stared out at the horizon, looking at the beautiful land of Gondor stretching out before her. "I came here, fleeing from my birthplace. An accidental meeting brought me to live here, and for years I have thought of this as my home, and I thought I was happy here. Now I wonder if I ever really was. I wonder if there will ever be a place that I find happiness, Caer." Gwenneth paused, realizing that she had just been very personal and informal with this man. She turned, a small smile on her lips. "Forgive me. I did not mean to use such informal address with you, my Lord Prince." She lowered her head in a small bow to him. "You speak of the honor in which you hold me. I wonder if that honor is deserved. I am not royalty. I am not of noble birth. I am the Lady Gwenneth because of my position here at the side of the King for so many years and because of my marriage to the snake that is coiled in a cage in the dungeon. Why should one such as yourself hold me any honor? You say I should be at peace. I wonder too, if I shall ever have that."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2007 08:58
“So the daughter follows the mother to view the elusive, infamous, wild animal now held captive. Glyndr smiled that subtle smile of a snake.
“To gloat? Or just out of impulsive curiosity?”
The ElfLord’s pointed ears, well honed to pick up even the slightest stirring of sound, heard Morwenna’s footsteps, and recognised their maker.

“Ah, such is my misfortune Morwenna”, Glyndr replied, he turned his head slowly, to gaze upon the vision as pale and as bright a yellow as candlelight.
He showed no reaction as her words stung with the truth as much as with her waspishness, “Indeed, my position has changed from hunter to captive prey”.
The elf returned her smile, that smile so like her mother’s, his own smile one of darkness, “Go then….”

Glyndr moved with an ethereal speed to stand but inches from her…. His slender hands gripping those cold bars that trapped merely his body, and not his dark, evil spirit.
“Go then, to bathe in the love of your father who would be King. A father who could not even find that precious jewel that was lost to him. Go then to your people…Ah Morwenna do they truly love you for who you are? Or is it just for what you are..Royalty?”

The Elf Lord shivered, although the look in his pale frost eyes never faltered, and glittered deeper with the force of his dark spirit, “ The one love you cherish above all others, the love of my son is but the only true love within which you can have faith”.

Glyndr watched as she left..his icefrost stare ran through her as sharply as any blade.
He turned back to that cold, damp corner. …His thoughts now sharply with his devoted friend.

“Felyon…” Glyndr purred a low growl..”Felyon….I demand your presence….”

Three floors above the depths of the dungeons a pale artist heard the call.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 11:59

Eldarion’s face was stony as he listened to Gwyndr. Gwenneth. His greatest ally. Her son’s ambiance was much hers. Proud, noble and with that same quiet power, it was almost dangerous. With a lucid glance up into the ellon’s eyes, Eldarion’s smile became grim. What could he do but trust?

“ I appreciate your offer. And accept. I will not tar you with his taint – and you shall have my proof.!” It is what my wife would do, he mused with an inner wince at the manner of their parting. How could so much that had been stoically robust for so long: his marriage, Morwenna’s will to abide by duty – suddenly flout to this new, radical mode of self-rule and free speech? With a curt nod over to his scribe, the King dictated a brusque commendation: the instruction that Gwyndr, along with his brother – be ordained stewards . The highest rank below Prince.

“ Of course, Halyn will be a Prince. But I would not have you remain as you are – not now. I do have some sense of fairness about me still” he observed with a self-depreciating grin. He stared over at Gwyndr for a moment then - slowly almost vacantly before frowning: though it did not reach his eyes.

“ There is another light in your eye. I wonder then, who it should shine for?”

Morwenna almost collided with Ceinwyn as they raced along the Arching chamber: Minis Tirith's famed pillared walkway, the main bridge between the Royal apartments and Gondor's ruling elite.

Breathless and wan, the Queen fought to still the storm gathering violently in her eyes. With a demure murmur of endearment, she took her daughter into her arms, the one fragment of reality that at present did not waver.

" He is closeted in a meeting. Do not disturb him now sweeting" she cooed earnestly, pulling the Princess away. She would shield Morwenna's joy, allow it to blossom wholly. Eldarion would not dampen that.

" I - yes.. yes, yes of course" she concurred, eyes staring thoughtfully out over the horizon. Ceinwyn stood back for a moment, blue eyes softening as they took to graze Morwenna's face.

" I saw him mother. I went to see my captor" she almost whispered, not from fear - but rather, the desire to remember. Remember and know that perhaps: just perhaps, her nightmare was over.

" And what did you find?" Ceinwyn enquired, careful to keep her voice low. Morwenna should never have lowered herself to such action - but it was done. And enough tears had been shed. Let it be what she made of it. Let her healing be a journey of her choosing.

" I found him to be a shadow. And one that sunlight - that Halyn- will dispel.Father thinks love will make me incapable of solid rule. I think, that if this be the case, he really doesn't know me at all"

Morwenna's voice changed then. There was a steel to its quiet - a rolling hum of youth's indomintable assurance. She darted a quick smile up at her mothers slow, thoughtful frown before sighing, dark hair glossy in its tight, thick braid.

" Much is to be done" Ceinwyn observed tactfully, smiling now at the distractions wedding planning would bring.

" Yes!" Morwenna giggled joyously " yes there is!"

Prince Caer listened to Gwenneth quite silently: but her every word seemed to nurture the ember growing, gathering within his chest. With a small smile, he offered the elleth his gloved hand, eyes kindly earnest as they settled to her own.

" I do not know what the valar hold for us. But you will find peace Gwenneth" he assured her, confidence as stoic as his sword arm.

" Promise me a dance my Lady. And a smile" he urged sombrely, eyes carefully warm as his guard were hastened out.

" I will come for you"

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 09:48
Gwyndr smiled in spite of himself. "It is Igrania that lights my eyes, my King. Her beauty and sweetness remind me of my mother, and my heart has grown to desire her to be my wife. I have not asked her yet, but I knew the very moment that I saw her that she was the only one my heart could ever truly love."

Gwenneth carefully placed her hand in that of the Prince, stepping forward and speaking softly. "Only a dance and a smile are what you seek, Prince Caer? Those are too easy." Her lips curled up and she offered him the warmest of smiles, tilting her head and regarding him with such warmth that it radiated from every inch of her.

"I will be waiting for you to come for me, Prince Caer."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email