Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
Post Drawing Requests
on: May 10, 2005 10:09
Here you can post requests for drawings, and volunteer artists can respond. Please post in this thread rather than creating a new one. Thanks for your kind cooperation .
Manuialel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Drawing Requests
on: May 10, 2005 10:14
I am looking for someone to draw a picture of Manuialel. I am not good at drawling, and I would liek to see a picture of him, from the description that I have of him. I would be tankful if anyone could do this for me. I have a description of him, which I will post at the bottom of this post.

Thank you in advance.

---------------------------

Description:
Before you, is a slender edhel, which is easy to tell from his ears, which allows you to know his race, while his auburn red hair, falls in loose locks past his shoulders. With a few strands of hair, braided and end with emerald colored quartz. His hazel, almond-shaped eyes twinkle like the stars in the nighttime sky, while his build is average for one of his race.

Currently, he is wearing a forest green, long sleeved v-neck tunic that has strands of brown intertwined into it. Under this, you see a second tunic that is dark brown. Over the tunic, is a surcoat that reaches to just above his knees, brown in color and made of simple leather, while around his waist, is a brown leather belt. Over this, is a greenish-brown cloak with a hood, which is not currently covering his head. The breeches match the color of the tunic, and have strands of brown intertwined into it. His feet are clad in simple brown boots. Leather bracers woven with silver emerald colored strands protects both his left and right forearm. These bracers also extend a quarter of the way down the back of his hand, and set in the middle of them are the same as the gemstones that are in his hair. Around these gemstones, is an emerald colored etched leaf. Both bracers have the markings of his clan, Tauredhrim.

Upon his leather belt, are a few pouches of various size, and the tools for the carving of wood. These tools are wrapped in wool, and in a pack to keep them from making noise as he moves.

Slung across his back, is a bow laced with green, and has been carved from the branch of a beech tree, with the stock of the bow being medium brown in color. There are engravings upon the bow, in the form of oak leafs and vines. A tan quiver is on his back, holding some arrows that have blue and green feathers, with the same engravings that are upon his bow. This quiver however, is not like the standard quivers, as it appears that there are two attached to each other by leather straps. Attached to his waist, is an elven sword, with the same markings upon the scabbard that are upon his bow.
legolas_thranduilion500
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:15
I can try...
Eruvyreth_Himiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:17
The, Revenge, of, the, Comma

That description would flow (as a pice of writing) more easily if there weren't so many pauses in it. There are a lot of unnecessary commas, and some sentences run together. Try rearranging the word order in some of the sentences too, to get rid of a few whiches and whiles. ('whitches and whiles'... sounds rather evil said that way). Read it out loud, and pause every time there is a comma and you'll see what I mean.

I'm sorry, I know you didn't come here to get the description critiqued, you came for a picture... sorry again.

[Edited on 8/25/2005 by Goldsand]
DameMercure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:19
Don't worry, Manuialel. I tend to overuse commas too. Thats always the first thing my mom tells my when she reads some paper I wrote for school. Anyhow, I think I'll give your request a shot. Although, I feel its only fair to tell you that I'm only average at drawing and even worse at coloring. :blush:
Plus theres also the problem that I don't have my scanner at the moment and I'm not sure when I'll be getting it back. But just for the heck of it, I'll try drawing that description for you.

P.S>- Thanks for giving me something to do!:love: I've been so bored plus stressed out from the SAts I just took on Saterday. Well, buh bye for now!
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:22
I know this is probably the wrong spot to create this thread. But I don't know where else. I wanted to ask, is there some brilliant art genius that, if i showed you a picture of myself, you could draw me and Elven-version of myself? I would really really like that. If anyone is interested, just post in here, and I will send you my head shot. Thank you!
Aniron

**Mod Note: Post moved to Drawing Requests thread by Goldsand

[Edited on 5/10/2005 by Goldsand]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:24
I reckon I can give it a go ^_~
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:25
oh that would be awesome! i'll send you my head shot.
Tariel_Vanari
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 11:31
hey is anybody willing to give a set of my characters a shot? If so, then read on...

There are two of them, a boy and a girl. Their about eightenn or nineteen-year-old twins. He's a king and she's... well...she's whatever the sister of the king is called . They're both relatively tall (he's a little taller), and both have blue eyes (and I mean the kind that are so blue that they freak people out). They both have dark hair, either black or really dark brown, but fair skin. Her hair is almost to her waist, and his is about shoulder-length. They aren't entirely human, but it isn't really obvious. Oh, and they are both warriors. (she loves fighting).

That's all I can think of right now, if anybody wants more info let me know
DameMercure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 02:01
Could someone draw this scene in my fic for me? It takes place in a clearing just at the edge of Rivendell. Its night time: you know, clear skies, bright stars, full moon. So heres a quote of the scene I'd like to be drawn if anyone wants to do it.
"An elf woman wandered into the moonlit clearing, weary and followed by a creature Elrohir had never seen before. Her long red hair was strewn in her face and her white shirt and breeches almost wholly covered with dirt, grass stains, and minor rips. Elrohir wondered who she was. The creature was wolf-like in body but had white feathered wings which were tipped with dark blue. Its fur, which was also white, was dirtied just like the elf's, with wounds that Elrohir observed to be somewhat old."

Oh yea, and I know most people have totally different images of Elrohir so I'll just give a little descrition of how I pictured him. He's got long blonde hair, grey eyes like Elrond's, and basically the body build of any other elf. His features are not so stern as Elrond's; more like Celebrian would have been; nice and pleasent.
Oh yes, the she-elf in the above quote has emerald green eyes.

PM me if you have any questions, or even just to let me know you'll draw it for me.

[Edited on 5/11/2005 by DameMercure]
Manuialel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 08:45
Don't worry, Manuialel. I tend to overuse commas too. Thats always the first thing my mom tells my when she reads some paper I wrote for school. Anyhow, I think I'll give your request a shot. Although, I feel its only fair to tell you that I'm only average at drawing and even worse at coloring. :blush:
Plus theres also the problem that I don't have my scanner at the moment and I'm not sure when I'll be getting it back. But just for the heck of it, I'll try drawing that description for you.

P.S>- Thanks for giving me something to do!:love: I've been so bored plus stressed out from the SAts I just took on Saterday. Well, buh bye for now!

No problem, and thank you for trying. It does not have to be great, just would liek to see what he looks like.

I use comma's alot and it's a bad habit, which I am workign my way out of... slowly. ANd I welcome any comments, that way I can ghet better at something.
Yungelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 05:38
hey I'm new and I'm looking for some fan art and I was wondering if anyone had any they could send to me?
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 03:28
Hello all aspiring artists! I'm looking for someone who's willing to draw my RP characters. They are all listed in the CoE database and can be found here!

Feel free to pick and choose which character(s) you'd like to draw! Just PM me and tell me which ones you want to claim. Also feel free to draw a charrie that already has a picture if you wish, whatever speaks to you!

Also note, if you're looking for more of a challenge, I'm also looking for an illustrator for my story. If you are interested in doing this, please PM me and let me know!

I look forward to hearing from you!
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 05:48
I'm willing to give it a go. Please check your PM box Annûniel.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 06:25
Attention Hobbit Lovers!

I'm looking for someone to illustrate my story that I've just finished, someone who enjoys hobbits. I'd love to have at least one illustration for each chapter -- 13 chapters all together. You can do one or two or all 13...as many or as few as you feel like doing.

It would be nice if the artwork could depict a scene from each of the chapters, rather than just being portraits of the characters. The more detail and color you can put in, the better. The primary characters are Frodo and a small female hobbit child. If this interests you, PM me!

"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 06:23
The primary characters are Frodo and a small female hobbit child. If this interests you, PM me!

Awww... it sounds sweet! I wish I could draw!
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 08:09
The primary characters are Frodo and a small female hobbit child. If this interests you, PM me!

Awww... it sounds sweet! I wish I could draw!

This story is sweet - so sweet it'll probably make your teeth fall out. *lol* (Frodo adopts a hobbit-child)

I draw myself, but I'm not very good at illustrative type drawing. Most people here seem to be mainly interested in elves. If no one responds, I'll be forced to do my own artwork, which tends to look stiff and cartoonish if I don't have a reference to work from.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 09:16
I'm looking for someone willing to draw me a picture of my rp character Ronin. His profile is here
If you are interested, please reply via pm and I will give you more details.
Lady~Shay
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 03:50
heylo...

ok, i'm sure most of you have noticed that in siggys belonging to atalante_star and Newra, among many others, there are banners for their RPGs. i have a request for a banner for Of Teenaged Elves....i have an idea in mind, but if anyone has the resources to make a really good banner, PM me please! many thanks
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 07:01
I was wondering if anyone could have a shot at drawing my RPG charrie Aregwyn. She is the daughter of Aragorn and Arwen and her profile is in the DB. I tried to draw her before but it wasn't too good. Plus I don't have a scanner so I couldn't upload it. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could because I would really appreciate it. Aregwyn usually wears dresses like Eowyn's. I hope you know what kind I am referring too. Usualy velvet or sometimes something lighter. Mostly green or dark red in colour but if you need more description because you would like to draw her then please either post here on PM me. I would be most grateful to anyone who would give it a go! Thanks!

Namarie,
~Arwen
Mistalagan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 06:46
I can try, Arwen - it might not be that great, but I'll try. Would that be a dress like Eowyn's in the movies?

[Edited on 14/7/2005 by Mistalagan]
Twylight_Aelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 01:46
Um... I was wondering if anyone could do a portrait of Rosie with Morhont. PM me for details, please .

[Edited on 12/21/2005 by Twylight_Aelf]
Celebnor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 05:13
Umm... could somebody draw any of my characters? I don't really care which one. They are all in the DB. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions...
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 03:34
what i would like you to draw is my rpg charecter. She is a tall, thin elf, with tan skin, green eyes, a scar across her left check, and long black hair. She wears black clothes, and her wepons are a bow, dagger, and a sword. if you show her upper arm, put a scar from where she got hit with an orc arrow. thank you!
Isil_leena
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 01:34
Em...I was wondering if anyone could draw a character from a story I'm writting? Her name's Anarie, she's an Elf of Imladris, and a member of her home's army. Her's how I would like her o be drawn, if it is possible (this is a description directly from the story):

Anarie stood, half turned to the left, her bow in her left hand, lowered to the ground, with an arrow notched to the string. Her left foot was planted firmly on the ground, while her right knee was slightly bent. She wore the standard uniform of her division: slate grey leggings, a coblat bue tunic and a dark blue cloak wrapped around her shoulders. On her wrists was a set of bracers, and on her legs below the knees a pair of greaves. Upon the bracers was set the emblem of her unit: Earendil's star in a fiery crown. Body armour she wore also: a sleeveless shirt of chainmail, reaching to her waist. On her back was strapped a quiver of arrows, around her waist a belt which held the sheath with Lomiel, her swor, which hung at her left side, and in her right boot was a short dagger.

That's a short description I have written. The bracers, greaves, chainmail and boots are black. Also, Anarie's eyes are dark green, almost black, and she has long golden hair, braided in hundreds of tiny braids, falling to her hips. The scabbard of the sword is dark blue, while the hilt is black. If her hair and cloak could seem like they are slightly lifted by the breeze, it would be wonderful, but if it is not possible, I shall understand.

For any other information, please PM me. Thank you.
Galenfea
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 12:42
I'm not very good at bodies, but I can probably do a head shot of her, if that'll do. If you like, I'll try a full body picture, but can't promise anything. Let me know?
--- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Luthien_Aranel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 01:11
I know usually people here ask for others to draw them a picture, well I'm asking the opposite. I noticed all the drawing request were already being drawn by someone so I was looking for someone who wanted me to draw them a picture. I can draw portraits and full figures. Though with full figures I'm better at drawing women, than men. So I'll draw someone's RP person or character from a fanfic if they want. Just reply here or PM me!
Aranel_Elenlin
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 02:46
so sweet!! :heart: check your inbox.... there's a pm headed your way!! :hug:
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 07:04
Since I am an absolutely awful artist, I've given up at this and am asking you guys to help me out.

I am looking for someone to draw my RPG characters. There are only two, so it's not that bad. Here's a description for you.

Claira Linwella - She's a gondorian female, age 17. She's 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has long, light brown, wavy hair with blonde highlights. She has large, dark brown eyes and olive colored skin. Her hands are rough from years of hard work (that she chose to do in her town) and she wears simple pants, tunic, with a belt around her waist. Large boots, and a brown cloak usually acompany her simple outfit. She carries a sword as she's a ranger in Ithilien and she wears her quiver of arrows on her hip. Umm... Yeah... If you need it, her profile is here.

Eirnon - He's a rohan male, age 24. He's 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He's an average hight man with brown hair, about shoulder length. He's usually unshaven, though he doesn't have a beard. He has light brown eyes. His dress isn't very extravegant. He usually wears some brown pants and worn leather boots that go up to his knees. He wears an off-white cotton tunic and a forest green vest that he usually doesn't completely button. When he's not wearing his leather work apron, you can easily notice that he also wears an old leather belt around his waist and over his vest and shirt. Umm... He has a sword, but he doesn't usually carry it with him. His profile is here.

So, if someone would like to do one of them or both of them, I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me if you any questions, comments, or concerns.
Luthien_Aranel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2006 07:45
Hi, it's me again (the crazy artist who asks for requests, LOL) anyway I'm in the mood of doing a cool fantasy drawing, but felt if I'm going to do a drawing I might as well draw something for someone. Yup so in conlusion I'm just asking for a suggesting, it doesn't have to be LotR, it can be fairies, dragons, ect. You can post a reply here or PM me. And if you want an idea of my style you can check out my site (see below, LOL) :love:
~Háthien_Oronar~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 10:16
Hello, all! I'd like to make a request because, as it is, I couldn't draw a stick figure to save my life. The request is a heraldic device for my RPG character- Háthien. Would anyone be willing to do it?

The device: A circle, set on a blue background. In the middle, a moonflower, it's petals extending outwards. I'd like stars on the device somewhere, and perhaps a moon, but it isn't necessary. As to the color scheme, blue (dark and light), silver and white would be lovely.

I'm not particularly picky, so feel free to get creative- I'm all for artistic license! Also, I know I didn't describe it very well, and it's only because I don't have a "set-in-stone" idea of what I want. Whatever suits you will, most likely, suit me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to attempt this!
heir~of~valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2006 05:41
hi

could anyone draw me an elven princess
the description is below

discription;

A fair elf lady with dark long hair, blue eyes.
wearing a silver dress with a gold belt and her hair style: half up and half down. and she wheres an headress of twisted silver. and at her belt is a sword and upon her hand in a gold ring with a single diamond. and she has bare feet

background: does'nt matter really but i would like it set in rivendell

name: could who ever draws it call it anutar amloth

hannon le

steph
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2006 06:17
Hello aspiring artists! I would like to renew my request for drawings of my RP characters. I'm posting again because I'm sure very few people look back at old posts and such.

Currently some of my RP characters are without drawings and I'd like to see them all with at least one! I have a wide variety of characters so I'm sure you'll find something you like. Currently I'm looking for a drawing of two dwarves, a hobbit, a Gondorian, two Rohirrims, and two Rohirrim/Dunlendings.

All their appearance and personality details can be found on the CoE database,
here!

Please PM me if you are interested in drawing one of my characters! Thank you!
otterling
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 06:12
Ok, I'm a newbie but I'm also an artist and I'd be more than happy to have an excuse to do more drawing. I was looking over this board and noticed that some requests were answered and some weren't. Because we are using PMs to reply to requests, I can't tell who has gotten their request filled and who was lost in limbo. Thus, I'm simply going to open the offer and if you want a character protrait done, I'll be happy to give it a go. I am, by no means, a perfect artist and judging by your fan art gallery, I am not the best here by a long shot, but I'm still pretty darn good if I say so myself and I'm willing to give it a go. Just let me know if you want something drawn up. For examples of some of my work, you can check out http://otterling.deviantart.com
Anaelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 11:43
Hey there. I saw this thread and thought I'd ask if anyone would mind drawing a character picture or two for me. I have the descriptions and if anyone's interested, just PM me and I'll give ya the details. Thanks in advance.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email