Register

Author Topic:
Suithiell
Council Member
Send Message
Post LotR tattoos
on: May 10, 2005 08:13
Anyone have any LotR related tattoos?

I have one (a Sindarin phrase), and another that I guess could be thought of as related.

The Sindarin text it in the middle underneath the star, and reads (not literally) "side by side." The Elf on the left is supposed to commemorate my first theatre production ("A Midsummer Night's Dream," in which I was an Elf), but it could be construed as being Tolkien related (wings aside).

I can't be the only one.
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: LotR tattoos
on: May 11, 2005 03:09
those are very cool tattoos! I haven't got any tattoos (yet!! I will save money one day!) but if I were to have a LOTR tattoo, i might do what you did, and have a phrase that means alot to me translated into sindarin or I might have the white tree tattooed.
Suithiell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 12:16
The White Tree would be gorgeous. I was thinking about getting a Lorien leaf (probably basing it on the brooches given to the Fellowship), surrounded by "galadhrim" in Sindarin. But I'm poor at the moment.
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 07:07
that would look great! i say go for it when you have the money
I'm not sure where you come from, but just to be nosy, how much did your tattoo's cost? i have absolutely NO idea
Suithiell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 02:05
I'm in the US (Michigan, to be exact).

Let's see. My Elf was $60, I think, or $75, the star and the Sindarin were $50 each, the lady/lotus was $60, and then I have two others that were $40 and $50. It all depends on where you go, who does it, how big it is, and how many colours it has. I suggest asking people you know who have good tattoos where they went, and take a picture roughly the size you want with the colours you want to a few places people suggest and get quotes, and ask to see portfolios.
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 06:33
I think I'm either gonna get the White Tree or the Star of Feanor.....not sure which yet, got a few more years to decide anyways.
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 03:28
Thanks for the tips
DameMercure
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2005 04:24
I would like to get a tattoo. I'd probably get either the White Tree or my avatar with some kind of writing under it. Or both! I can't decide! Aaah! Fortunately, I have a few more years to decide because if I get one now my parents will most likely kick me out of home. Plus, I don't have a job yet. But I plan to get one by the end of this summer(I should have my liscense by then). Hehe, watch out for me on the road!:evil:Rar!!!:evil:
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 04:41
I have a tattoo, it's the crossed swords from the pirate flag of POTC, then, in Sindarian, around the blades are the words STRENGTH and HONOUR.
I would also like one of a Lorien brooch and I'd like it to say around it, in sindarian, Not Idly Do The Leaves Of Lorien Fall. We'll see! But be warned! I swear tattoos are addictive!!
Erchamion_Tinuviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2006 05:23
check my avatar. it my name, just under my neck.

Warning: I am addicted now! I already want another one... The White Tree, basing it from the one on Pippin's armour in Gondor. I guess I have already forgottten how much it hurt. Cause it hurt a lot! (but so worth it!)

[Edited on 21/9/2006 by Erchamion_Tinuviel]
Cadyl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 05:16
uoooits a cool one
drspin98
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 05:23
I once met a fellow who had the inscription from The One Ring around his ankle-VERY cool. Subtle, but certainly got it's point across.

BTW-this one MAY be a bit much-http://tattoo.about.com/b/a/171709.htm

[Edited on 15/8/2007 by drspin98]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2007 10:59
i have one--the Oath of Fëanor, translated into elvish and in the Quenya script, on my upper arm. its a bit long, and i'm afraid it gave the artist writers cramp! but it turned out well, and i'm looking forward to getting the Curse, same style, on my opposite arm. i'm a bit of a Fëanor junkie, so... i was really pleased with it, though: the artist made the flames encircling it look very Tolkienesque. adn yes, Celtic and Erchamion, i'm addicted, too! in the end i want a great number of them, but money for it i don't have right now . but you can bet Tolkien literature will be playing a bit part in the design!
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 11:01
im too young to get a tatoo but when i am old enough i would like a white tree.
BlueEyedPheonix
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2008 07:06
I'd like to get a tattoo on one of my feet with "All that we said was forgotten now we don't belong. Games for the lost souls of heaven that walk on the ground" writen in quenya elvish. though I'm not sure if i'll get a picture for it or not.

Alas, I'm still to young.

What about middle-earth themed body jewlery? I think it would be a great idear.
ArwenEvenstar985
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2008 07:29
This summer I definitely want to get the word mellyn(friends) with my best friend on our feet or the back of our necks in Sindarin script. And then the other one was going to be the West Gate of Moria on my right wrist but I decided that that is going to be way to big so I'm just going to get the White Tree instead which I love just as much
parabola_weed
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 11:56
O:! I might get a tatoo next month...
I was thinking some sort of music note
but a LOTR one would be sweet!
;D
Mitire
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2008 06:17
This is my tattoo, 2 days old.
It's tengwar and it says: Not all those who wander are lost.
From the poem of Tolkien =)

http://mymitire.blogg.se/images/2008/img_5486_13418630.jpg

(i hope the link works)
Ven
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 06:17
I'm getting the Ring encription done as a wraparound on my bicep in September.
tripple_mmm
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2009 01:28
earlier this year I was finally able to go to new zealand and stayed there allmost 3 months...and offcourse visited some moviesets
I allways wanted a LOTR- tattoo and waited until I was in wellington.
I went to roger ingerton (the one who tattooed the fellowship actors their elvish "9") and got tattoed "erchamion" (= "onehanded" in english) because of "beren erchamion" and because of my dark self-humour - > I dont have a right hand myself

sooo long story short: here is my tattoo
Electra_Calen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 11:06
'Tis mine.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3685/tat.gif
leggal
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2010 03:09
This is a temporary tattoo, but I wanted to see it on before I got it, so here it is- "Not all who wander are lost." It is on my hip! I couldn't think of a better place to put it really!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/leggaldla/1264409731.jpg

p.s. the actually script was originally done by a CoE member!

[Edited on 25/1/2010 by leggal]

[Edited on 25/1/2010 by leggal]
millaindie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2011 09:43
This is my first ever tattoo(got it yesterday). It says "Amanda"(my name) in Tengwar Script. It didn't hurt at all, took about 20 minutes and I love it!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 24, 2011 05:59
Oh I love that Millaindie! I would love to get a LOTR tattoo. But I'm afraid of needles. :cry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email