Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
my hair is dark blonde at the roots and pale blonde at the ends (i didn't dye it, it just changed colour )
Black
4% (3)
Black/Brown
14% (1)
Brown
36% (2)
Brown/Blonde
15% (1)
Blonde
8% (6)
Blonde/Red
3% (2)
Red
3% (2)
Red/Brown
9% (7)
Bald
0% (0)
Other
9% (7)
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is black but it has a red tint from the sun.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is brown.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is...getting redder. Usually brown though.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Mine is an auburn red, since I'm out in the sun a lot. But, my hair will be pastel pink in about a month So excited
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As crazy as that sounds, it is going to be a great color for you.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Leaf, it sounds wonderful. I just got my purple hunk changed to pink and I love it. Can't wait to hear about your hair. Go for it!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, is it a hot pink or more of a rosy pink, Lindarielwen?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It looks like hot pink to me, Maxie. It will gradually fade to a light pink in about 3 more weeks. Maybe next time I will get blue.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Does your stylist have to bleach the chunk getting dyed first? Or does she just dye it?
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, y'all are getting crazy hair! I want to dye my hair black and dye the tips blue sometime. It's just one of those crazy things on my "Crazy Things To Do Before I Die" list (I told my mom that I wanted to do that sometime, but I don't think she really liked the idea).
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Maxie, my stylist puts the colour right over my hair but going over brown does not give the same look as if the hair was bleached. Next time Also, my colour is hidden underneath and cannot be seen unless I pull the side hair back.

Mell, I saw a girl with blond hair and blue tips and it was really pretty. Maybe just colour your tips and forget the black. I would never put dye on my hair and that is just me. The colour on my hair is a vegetable dye and fades out in about 12 shampoos.

There is something new out called colour chalk. I do not know too much about it but it washes right out and gives you colour without commitment. Look it up, it is quite interesting.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
When you try to dye black hair blonde it turns orange and when you die it other colors it will still look a bit orange. I would like someday to dye a piece of my hair a dark red. I love red and black.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Making black hair blonde is a two step process. The hair must first be bleached and the hair goes through 7 colour stages before it gets to the lightest shade. Some hair does not get past the orange stage. After that, you put on the colour that you want. That is why it is so much better to go to a salon for any colouring.

The colour shown on the box of hair dye is hair that has been bleached and has the colour applied. It is important to read all the fine print. Go to a salon.

I think black hair with a piece of red would be awesome, Cenor.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I was also thinking about putting low-lites in my hair for summertime, since it gets all red. What do you think?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Right now my hair is dark brown with burgundy highlights. The highlights are done every three months or so and go over the dark brown. I used to do all of my hair what one of the girls at my hairdresser's dubbed "black cherry" when it was shaved pretty short. I may go back to the same colour as I'm going to get my hair shaved down again for the summer.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, Maxie, if that is what you want to do then go for it! It is fun to play with hair colour, but....go to a salon. If you don't have a salon, do a little people watching. When you see someone who has great hair, ask where she gets it done. That is how I found my girl.

Evil~Shieldmaiden, same thing...go for it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I do have a salon, and the girl there is great! She's known me for years and knows what would look good on me. She's the same one who did my bangs for me. When I asked her about the low-lites before, she said that if I did choose to get them, I would have to go for a super deep brown or a black. Im still deciding what I want to do.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
@Lindarielwen, that's a good idea! I'll have to try that sometime.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is medium brown. In the summer, if I spend a lot of time outside (which I usually do, with gardening and all) my hair gets a little lighter, but it's not all that noticeable.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just had my pink re-done and she braided the side of my hair sort of sideways and it looks so awesome (well, to me)

For a change that isn't permanent, go to Sally's Beauty Supply or a place like that where you don't need a license. You can get pieces of color to just clip in your hair. (Moms like that)
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is dark brown, and always has been. I like the idea of a natural sort of "dye" like this -> http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Beautiful-Hair-Red. I think having a bit of hair colored a little wacky sounds fun. I would probably do red, purple, or blue.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is still the same color, auburn. But I recently got it styled: I got my bangs cut again, fringe-y so that they can stay over my forehead, if I comb them there, or out to the side for a swoop. Those bangs go to the top of my glasses. Then I have another chunk of bang, the original chunk, that is still uncut, and that goes to just past my chin. Its about an inch thick.

Song, do you have bangs? Color in the bangs always looks nice.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Song, that link was quite interesting. I do not like chemical dye on my hair. I have tried blue, purple and pink. I like the pink best but I will have my hunk made red for the Christmas season.

Maxie, I have always had bangs. I grew them out one time and it just wasn't me. My bangs come to the top of my eyes and are longer on the sides than in the middle.

I saw a girl with blonde hair with purple tips. It was very different and looked great. I also saw a girl with black hair with bright blue curly pieces in it. I am not sure if the pieces were her own hair but it also looked great.

It is fun to add a different colour to your hair, just like it is fun to try the new nail polish colours. I really like my turquoise nails.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Grey
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I keep getting asked if some of my highlight chunks are dyed. They're not, all natural. Color might be fun, but I usually leave my hair as is.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think your natural colour is the best colour. The only reason I will put dye on my hair is if it starts to turn grey and I suppose it will down the road.

Hmmmm...although Linriel has moonlight coloured hair...whatever colour that is.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Pale yellow, I suppose. That is how I envisioned it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I see it as sort of shiney silvery whiteish and Bildarion has hair the colour of the winter sun, how about that? I couldn't just say pale blonde, had to get complicated...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Shiny silvery whitish sounds better than pale blonde anyway.

I recently got my hair cut. It is now shoulder length with some layers. I also have some swish bangs kind of thing. It is pretty easy to take care of, which is very nice. My bangs are pinned up more often than they are down. They are pretty much the only thing I don't like very much...they are annoying. I thought they were going to be longer than they are, which is what I wanted. But oh well. Tis my own fault I have them.

Overall though, I love my new cut.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
More recently, I have liked experimenting with my hair, with the bangs and such. But I hated my short hair so I will keep it extra long.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I remember when you did not like your layered hair and could not wait for it to grow out. I wear my bangs long and could not do without them. My hair now is a teeny bit past the middle of my back. It is the longest it has ever been. No plans to cut it ever!
Alexanda
Council Member
Send Message
Black hair. Or according to my mom, dark, dark, dark brown. I still say black lol.
Eglerio Eru o I gely bân siriar. (Praise God from Whom all blessing flow)
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, Alex. As I said, my hair is brown, but now I have swish bangs and layers.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, I bet you both look ,lovely! Mellwen, I hope you enjoy your new bangs. Make sure you train them correctly, or else they will be springing all over the place.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email