Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That is absolutely adorable, Cenor!! I love it!
Black
4% (3)
Black/Brown
14% (1)
Brown
36% (2)
Brown/Blonde
15% (1)
Blonde
8% (6)
Blonde/Red
3% (2)
Red
3% (2)
Red/Brown
9% (7)
Bald
0% (0)
Other
9% (7)
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
So cute, Cenor!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am going on Saturday to have my purple changed to red for the holidays. I never tried red so it should be fun.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, have you changed from purple to red? Do you enjoy the color? How does it look?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I had red done yesterday and I love it, love it, love it! It is hidden underneath and depending how I part my hair, the red is either on just one side or on both sides.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It sounds beautiful, Lindarielwen! Do you think you will keep it red even outside of the Holiday season?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I really like the red and yes, Maxie, I will keep it for a while. It goes great with my red cowboy boots.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
It's sounds really cute, Lindi! Have fun with it!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
I know this was several posts ago, but Cenor I loooove your Christmas party hair!

My hair is dyed red with normal dyes and henna, so its sort of orangey-red-brownish, but its naturally dark brown.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
It sounds beautiful, Sarniel!
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I am getting my hair done today! So excited.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
What are you having done with your hair, Maxie? I can't wait to find out.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
What are you having done with your hair, Maxie? I can't wait to find out.
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dark brown, with some red from when I coloured it.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sarniel and Melia, both of you sound like you have beautiful hair.

I recently got my hair done. I got it trimmed and added some more layers. I did not get my bangs redone, though, as they drive me crazy...I'm letting them grow out.

And Lindarielwen, your red chunk sounds really cute.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I really like it so I am going to stay with the red for a while. It gets redone next Saturday. Blue. Blue will be after the red.

Your layers sound cute Mareth. Didn't like the bangs? I could not do without mine

Are any guys reading this? Let's hear about your hair! Long? Short?
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Mareth. The red is mostly faded, but I still get told I have nice hair. Mostly because it is one the wavy side. Used to be longer, but now it's a little below my shoulders.
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I got my bangs redone, as well as my little short chunk! It looks really nice.
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you

Lindarielwen, blue sounds most interesting, but I was wondering how much damage such colours cause to the hair? Most of the less usual hair dyes are usually pretty aggressive arent they?
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
They are vegetable dyes that wash out after about 8 shampoos. They come out of a tube and do not have to get mixed with anything. Chemical dyes such as the ones that come out of a box are never used on my hair. The only chemical used on my hair is a peroxide blend that lightens my already light brown hair so the cool colour I pick shows up better. I have that done once a year and it is only a piece of hair maybe 4 inches wide and an inch deep that gets the peroxide. It is underneath my hair and only shows when I pull my hair back. The rest of my hair is untouched.

I never do this at home. I go to a salon. It is fun to change the colour every 5 weeks or so after it washes out.

[Edited on 01/25/2015 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Another more permanent "fun color"that my friends use is Kool-Aid. They will buy a mix and prepare it, boil it,and then dip the chunk of their hair in. I am not sure how damaging it is, if it is at all. It lasts about three months.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, I have heard of using Kool-Aid to colour hair. Does the hair have to be a light colour?

Hmmm..I would not think it is damaging to the hair, but we drink this stuff and it colours hair! I would like to know more about this.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My friends have dark hair, and they dip their hair twice in it.

It is frightening that Kool-Aid colors hair. Just imagine what it could be doing to us! But, they do boil it. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, how long do they leave the hair in the Kool-Aid? We need more facts about this. And what colour do they use? Or should I say flavour?

I went to the salon today all set to have my piece of hair turned blue. My girl told me that for some reason the blue only lasts one shampoo and then sort of looks greenish. We both made a face. I told her to surprise me and pick any colour she wanted.

I now have a wonderful piece of magenta coloured hair!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Up to one minute. Any any flavor! The more intense the color, the longer you would keep it in. One friend currently has Orange and the other Blue Raspberry.

Magenta sounds beautiful, Lindarielwen! Do you get your hair trimmed each time you get a new color?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I do not get my hair trimmed each time. She trims it maybe every three or four months...less than an inch usually.

The next time I go, which isn't until March, I will tell her about the Kool-Aid thing. Why don't you give it a try, Maxie?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would, bit I signed a contract for the musical that said, among other things, that I would not complete major alterations to my hair.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I've heard of Kool-Aid dying...I heard a story once in which the main character accidentally dyed her dishwater dirty blonde hair green. By the end, one of her guy friends dyed his hair purple.

I wouldn't mind trying a different colored chuck, but my mom would probably die of a heart attack if I ever got one. She's not too big on crazy colored hair.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Tell your mom about the Kool-Aid thing. It will wash out, won't it? And you only need to do a little chunk. Maybe she will let you try it....and you can put it underneath the top layer....
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Little peices of red would look great in your hair, Mareth. Like I said, I can't touch my hair because of performances and stuff, but If I did, I would pick the Blue Raspberry or Lime, if we are still talking Kool-Aid.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I could tell her about it. I told her about hair chalk as well, but she didn't seem too keen on the idea. Oh well, maybe she would let us do it for a girls night with some friends, or something. Maybe...

On another note, I was procrastinating on writing this evening...the idea for a hairstyle had been floating around in my head for awhile, now, I just wasn't able to put it into practice. But tonight, I finally did. Eruwestiel kindly lent her head for me to do it on. Here are some pictures from a few different angles...

Please pardon the low quality and junky background.

Back -

Front top -

Side -

Definitely far from perfect...the top turned out rather loose. But still, I had fun doing it.

[Edited on 03/14/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is really creative Mareth. How long did it take you to do that do?

Have you considered going into hair styling?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! I am not sure how long it took me...15-20 minutes, maybe? I don't think it was a very long time.

The thought has crossed my mind. My oldest sister and Mom have mentioned it, as well. I do enjoy doing hair. Maybe I could do it part time...more of a hobby than a full-time job. I think it could be a fun job, just so long as I didn't get tired of seeing hair.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I had a piece of my hair coloured Saturday and let my girl pick out the colour. She chose purple. I like it.

I saw a girl with deep purple hair. It was beautiful.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
DEEP PURPLE??? My favorite rock band! ... Image ... awks - very wrong thread! Image
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email