Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Ilde, I love your hair. You look adorable.

Ah, genetics is the culprit, Belle. My mother's hair was a dark steel grey as she got older. I have a friend who is 65 and has the most gorgeous brown untouched hair.

I will never let my hair go grey. Purple or pink maybe, but never grey
Black
4% (3)
Black/Brown
14% (1)
Brown
36% (2)
Brown/Blonde
15% (1)
Blonde
8% (6)
Blonde/Red
3% (2)
Red
3% (2)
Red/Brown
9% (7)
Bald
0% (0)
Other
9% (7)
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
If I remember correctly, the first "tribe" to do things with their hair were the punks. Iroquois cut, neon colors and the like. My reaction then was "is this really worth all the effort necessary?" Since then, what I tend to notice most is hair styles that need gel (or other additives) - in those cases my reaction is "it's amazing how much time people have to spend on their hair in the morning (!!!)". I vaguely remember there being commercial in the US for products in the 1960s or so that explicitly vaunted that they produced a "dry look" - i.e. different from the precursor of the gels, grease or anything else which allowed one to slick back one's hair. None of that for me then or now! Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I don't put any of that gunk on my hair and I don't use hairspray either. Shampoo and conditioner is all I really need.

I guess for some of the styles...like when the hair stands straight up...you have to use that stuff that makes it stiff. I like my nice soft hair.

I seem to recall my mother using some stuff in a tube...Alberto VO5?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Yep, that would be the stuff. Then you'd have the Dippity Do crowd. LOL
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, shades of a memory. Dippity Do was that gel stuff,,,pretty colour....green? pink?
lady_emilie
Council Member
Send Message
I really want Tauriel's hair colour. Have had blonde and copper highlights in for a few years now, though it's naturally hazelnut brown. I'm close to being able to sit on the ends when I straighten it (which is not often!) so lots of scope for updos!
Fool of a Took!
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Yep, Lindarielwen, that's the stuff. Used to make spit curls on cheeks with it to compliment the beehive. LOL!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, I hadn't seen your hair yet - it is so cute! I love the picture of you as Frodo.

All this talk of Dippity Do (or Don't, as the case may be) is going right over my millennial head. I can see myself needing hair dye before too much longer - I'll be twenty in one month and already have quite a few silver hairs.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
(Psstss....there were elves with silver hair...)

Anyways, for Christmas I got to do an ombre!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor, did you like it? What colour? Is it still that way? Pic?

Don't be to quick with the hair dye, Song. People pay money for silver glints.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Unless you like wild (mostly meaning unnatural) colors, just let nature take its course. Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My girl did my piece a nice bright red for Valentine's Day.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! I know it seems like it's been a million years since I've been here, but I am back!

I ended up getting bangs about six months ago, and I'm trying to find a recent picture of me.

It has been just too long of an absence!

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I'm here to second Maxie, it's been so long since I got on here.
I've had bangs for about a year now, but they're probably too long to even call them that. That part of my hair never seems to grow as fast as the rest of it.
I tried dying my hair a light blonde color, only a couple shades light than my natural color, about a month ago, but it didn't actually work. Has anyone else ever had that happen to them before or do I just have really stubborn hair?
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Sometimes the color looks deceptive on the box, so you may have just actually colored your hair the same color.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Wow I didn't think about it that way... Hahaha now I'm slightly embarrassed because that's most likely what happened.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Your hair isn't stubborn. The colour on the box is what your hair will look like if it is bleached out and then coloured.

Go to a salon for colouring. If you want your hair a little lighter, just get highlights. They will grow out naturally and you won't get that *root* line.

It's nice to see you!

[Edited on 03/30/2016 by Lindarielwen]
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
So, I cut my hair again recently (it has since, grown so it's not as short as this), and it's back to a more normal colour of dark auburn (unfortunately, I'm waiting to dye it back to the dark reddish-brown I prefer). I blame my hair preference on Audrey Hepburn - I just love a good pixie cut!

PS. please excuse the massive photo... it's my profile picture and the hosting site won't let me crop it...

[Edited on 05/14/2016 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Got my long mane cut last week. It is no longer to my waist but sort of a little below the shoulders. It still has the little strands that are kissed by the sun but what a change. It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be. My husband kept the ponytail. Couldn't donate it because of the pieces of colour in it...red, purple, pink.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome back, Linda!

This is - what? - about a foot and a half of your mane? How is this done by professional hairdressers?
(I must admit I have these visions of garden tools swirling though my head ... Image )
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I'll bet it will feel cooler in the hot weather.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The longness of it never really bothered me as far as being cooler. It was much easier to pull it up or in a pony tail when it was longer. Well, it's cute. Big change for this girl.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Haven't been here in a while so what do I do???? DOUBLE!!!!

[Edited on 06/20/2016 by Lindarielwen]
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
With your more than 24K posts, you shouldn't be surprised that our site remembers you!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I really liked my new hair cut when I got it but now I am not so sure. It's cute but ....oh well...can't do anything about it now.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I feel similar to that. I had to get my hair cut recently, and Mom took off more than I wanted. It needed to come off because it was all full of split ends, but it was still really sad. Then my hair wouldn't cooperate at all and I got layers. Now it looks about normal, but I really miss the length.

Linda, does your hair take long to grow?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think it took me three years to get it where it was to my waist.....she cut off the ponytail and it was past my shoulders but she kept cutting....but it's cute I
guess
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email