Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Or you can buy the complete 33 disc set on dvd for lots of money. The first ones from 1963 will seem a bit clunky with silly special effects but the story is still good. It scared us to death when we were kids.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, my Dad was showing me some older movies with odd special effects in them a few days ago, so I am prepared! I'll cheack and see how much the set will be on Amazon.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I should have mentioned in the previous post about where to watch that Netflix also has the whole old series as well as the new on instant. I believe that amazon prime has both series as well. Lots of option.

[Edited on 08/12/2013 by Dolwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Dolwen said: ... I believe that amazon prime has both series as well. Lots of option.

Good to know, Dol. I have been enjoying a month of Prime free with my new Kindle Fire and have been impressed with the savings.

I love the Doctor, especially some of the older ones and I'm looking forward to the seeing how the new Doctor works out.
tarcolan
Send Message
Here in the UK we've got a drama coming up about the commissioning of the first ever Dr. Who, as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations. It's called 'An Adventure In Space And Time' just in case they show it anywhere else.

Update
We're being spoiled rotten again by the BBC. Next week sees a wealth of 50th anniversary shows including Greatest Monsters, The Ultimate Guide To Dr Who, the very first episode 'An Unearthly Child' from 1963 and 3 other episodes, Dr Who at the Proms, a retrospective and The Science Of Dr Who. As well as the play I mentioned above. Phew!

[Edited on 11/12/2013 by tarcolan]
tarcolan
Send Message
*bump*
tarcolan
Send Message
Ooooh! A big question. Read the previous posts here. I would suggest getting the very first episode starring William Hartnell as the very first Doctor. It's in black and white and somewhat dated but is still really scary. Then you can jump in to any of the series. Everyone has their favourite Doctor (he keeps regenerating as different actors) but I think David Tennant was really good. And we are all looking forward to the new Doctor played by Peter Capaldi.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
50th Anniversary episode...anyone watch it? What did you think? I loved it, mostly because it had David Tennant, but there were things that annoyed me about it too. I'm interested to hear other peoples opinions
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Dolwen
Send Message
I watched it and loved it of course though I think with all the build up to it I expected it to be a bit more exiting. But I think I will re-watch it soon and see what my opinion is without the expectation.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I've already watched it twice...haha. I kind of don't want to watch it again, in case I pick up on more things I don't like about it.
I'm really looking forward to Capaldi taking over, he will be such a different character to Tennant and Smith. David Tennant is my favourite, if you didn't guess!
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Dolwen
Send Message
Tennant is my favorite also but Smith grew on me and I will definitely miss him. I'm not sure what to think of Capaldi yet, will reserve judgement until I see him in action.
Dolwen
Send Message
Wondering how many have seen the Christmas Speical: Time of the Doctor, Smith's last episode?
tarcolan
Send Message
I did! It was more like a Dickensian tale which was only fitting I suppose given its Christmas day slot. Not bad although rather quasi-religious in the way he was granted extra life in answer to a prayer. But we did get to see the newbie Doctor who didn't know how to fly the Tardis. Heh.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I did. Thought it was a bit anti-climatic after The Day Of The Doctor. It will be interesting the next series!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Dolwen
Send Message
I liked the episode, though I have to agree it was a bit anti-climactic. I enjoyed having the loose ends tied up...the Silence, the riddle, Trenzalore etc. I just thought it would be a bit more exiting than it was.
When Matt Smith first took on the role of the Doctor, I wasn't too sure about him but he grew on me over the years and it was sad to see him go. Seeing the bow tie fall to the floor and the vision of Amy were heartbreaking moments. I am certainly curious about the new Doctor though.
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Bumping this back up because there's a new episode in two days!!! Who else is excited?

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
Dolwen
Send Message
I was excited but didn't get to see it. We don't have cable and stream our tv content but the streaming services (amazon, vudu etc.) are charging $8 for just this one episode. Image That's outrageous so we'll probably wait until either the price drops or it shows up on Netflix.

No spoilers please, but what did you guys think of the episode? How did you like Capaldi in the role?
JaimeLouise
Send Message
Yikes! I hope you're able to see it soon! The episode was great. I already love Capaldi's Doctor. He plays the part well. Also, I love Strax more every time I see him. I wish he was in more episodes!

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
People can say what they will of Clara, but she sure rocked that period dress in 'Mummy On The Orient Express'!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Anyone else absolutely love the mini tardis? And the bit where the Doctor uses his hand to move the tardis off the train lines? Awesome! Ridiculously brilliant! Brilliantly ridiculous! Hilarious!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
JaimeLouise
Send Message
Yes! Funniest. Thing. Ever. And I loved his little victory dance afterward, too.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email