Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All Shall Fade (Still looking for new members. Please PM first.)
on: November 17, 2005 01:19
"Well, it seems that another has already come to take her back, though he is in disguise. He's a Human posing to be sent by the Lady of Light, isn't that ridiculous? Anyway, I'm surprised the Mirkwood guards didn't arrest him immediately." Callon, paused, watching the prisenor eat.

"You, know, I'm sure that when, not if, Umion is defeated, if you joined now your life would be spared. Then afterward we would be free to go wherever we wanted, if to try and find the lands of our birth if we desired. Now wouldn't that be better than living a life of darkness and fear?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2005 02:42
Asëa wrapped her arms around Brondil.

"I will never leave your sight." She smiled, but deep down, she knew that it was not at all amusing. "And I am not unprotected." She took a dagger out of her sleeve. She saw him relax a little.

She wrapped her arms around him tighter.

A few moments later, there was a knock at the door. Upon opening, a breathless place messenger said, "It's Verya, my lord, my lady. She is worse."

Brondil and Asëa quickly left the room for the healing wing.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2005 04:56
(Hello? Anyone out there?!)
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2005 02:17
(*waves* I'm here! Just......waiting.........)
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2005 09:06
(Sorry...sorry...)

Zie stopped eating and looked at him when he mentioned another. Swallowing she said, “Already, and we just barely arrived a half day?” She nodded with appreciation. “The Master works quickly and efficiently as always.” Looking down at the bread she held she frowned, it’s taste having soured in her mouth and she tossed it away.

Standing up Zie dusted off the crumbs and sat on the cot, leaning back against the wall. “And what, other than trail you lot have I done to warrant a death sentence so soon? I haven’t even seen this so-called prince you speak of.” Again she frowned. “And I know the lands of my birth well enough.” Well, that was almost a lie. She did not know exactly where she was born, only where abouts she had been found as an infant. But it did not matter and she did not dwell on it. Any of those who could possible tell her more were long dead. “I do not live in darkness or in fear.”

For a long moment she looked at him across the space of the small room. “Who is this fellow anyway. The one who’s come in disguise? Anyone we know?”
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2005 05:15
"I can bring the Prince easily enough," Callon said, smirking.

“Who is this fellow anyway. The one who’s come in disguise? Anyone we know?”

Callon looked at her steadily, his smile not leaving his face. "Does that mean you say 'yes?'"
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 12:36
(OOC: Um, hello? Anyone there?)
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2005 02:49
(If someone other than Lady_Tolwen or I could post, that would be great. Thanks....)
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2005 06:52
(Sorry everyone. My husband had surgery and I had to take time to care for him.)

Zie shrugged. "I admit sitting here in this cell....again...." She looked around. "isn't ideal. But you lot have me here even though in truth I've done nothing other than some tracking." She sighed. "And I doubt either of us has much chance of redeming ourselves in Umions eyes without bringing the...b...uhm...lady..back with us."

She sat up. "Surely your life wasn't so bad with him. Right hand man and all? What do you say? You and I could easily nab this lady and haul her back, quick as a wink before this other one has a chance to warm his guest sheets, in what is surely more resplendent than my humble surroundings."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2005 07:03
(OOC-> Verya is going to die. Basically, we have just been pushing her around and her “owner” has not returned to “claim” her. Frankly, I am tired of that.)

Asëa hurried towards the healing wing with Brondil right behind her.

When they arrived, they saw Haisel standing by Verya’s bed, next to Legolas and the healers, who were crouched next to her. Hiredu was standing in a corner, watching quietly.

The healers quickly told of her condition, saying that the wound had become more infected. Asëa noted that it seemed there was little hope of her survival. Suddenly, Verya began to breathe harshly and everyone could tell that the she-elf was having great difficulty breathing. One of the healers gave her something to ease her pain and then signaled for everyone to leave.

“Now, it is, but a waiting game,” Asëa said softly to Brondil, Legolas, and Haisel. Hiredu was following them a few paces behind. When they looked at her questioningly, she said, “She is going to die. It’s just a matter of when.” As they continued walking in the direction of the gardens, she wrapped an arm around one of Brondil’s. Idly, she wondered how Callon’s converting was going. She doubted very well as Zie didn’t seem the type to give in so easily.

[Edited on 12/12/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2005 01:17
"Well, life wasn't always so great either. I can recall countless, well, rather unpleasant situations, for lack of a better word. And I'm tired of killing, death and despair. Surely you tire of it as well. Don't you ever wish for soemthing more in life?"
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2005 07:27
"I do not kill much anymore, you know that. I just lead men like you to the prey and let you do the killing. I have become..." She was quiet a moment, her mind thinking. "...nothing more than a dispensible tool." She nodded her head, knowing that he was right, but still unwilling to admit it.

"There is nothing more in life? Death and dispair are all there is. It fills every waking moment...every unwaking moment." THe last she said softly.

She had had enough of this conversation and was growing grumpy. "If you would, please ask my jailers to give my scarf back. I am not accustomed to having my head uncovered. Not to worry...I won't use it to hang myself or anything." She said irritably.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 08:00
((I'm sorry, I'll be on more now.))

Brondil sighed, and shook his head slowly from side to side. "I wish it wasn't so. I wish there was something we could do, something we could have done." Hiradu was a little closer then before, and Brondil felt nervous. He unhooked his arm from hers and held her by the waist, pulling her closer to him.

Haisel felt drained and worthless, like a dirty rag. He was ashamed of himself for not taking better care of her, but Verya had done an amazing job of keeping it hidden. He had had no idea it was that serious. "It's all my fault. I wish I had been able to heal her." Legolas laid a hand on his shoulder.
"We all wish we could have healed her. But she was out of our power to heal. It is not anyone's fault, not anyone here anyway."
Gil-galad_of_Lindon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 04:50
((Sry I haven't been on for a while. I've been computerless.))

“She is going to die. It’s just a matter of when.” "I wish there was something we could do."
Hiredu mulled these things over in his head. He knew he could do something, and he needed Brondil's trust more than anything; but at what price would it come? No, it was a secret he didn't dare reveal yet, not while he was surrounded by so much power. Together they could doubtlessly equal him, and that was not a position he was familiar with. He could think of nothing to say, so he remained silent. He was finding their trust to be like a slippery fish.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 03:32
(OOC: So sorry. Had to take a trip to Florida to visit relatives again, and my mother had to have urgery on her hand cuz she broke it, and then school........ So much to do......><)

"Zie there is more to life than just death and despair. There is also hope and love, which no matter how hard one can try to destroy it, it never dies. And I don't know about you, but I would like to find out who I am and where my real family is, or at least discover how they died and avenge them. Then I'd like to settle down and have a family of my own."

"If you would, please ask my jailers to give my scarf back. I am not accustomed to having my head uncovered. Not to worry...I won't use it to hang myself or anything."

"I don't know why you would want to hide your pretty face behind that hideous thing. I know your ears must cause some uncomfortableness, but surely your hair can cover them. Besides, I like looking into your eyes and being able to tell whether you lie or not."
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 03:24
Zie looked at him for a long moment, frowning at his calling her pretty, before answering him, although when she spoke this time it was in a less clipped or angry tone. "The women of the lands of my youth, of those that adopted me and raised me, are taught that the tops of their head must be covered in a colorful cloth so that when our enemies pray to their gods to smit and ruin us, their will know which are the women and which are the men. Thus, is our hope that the gods will look on the women folk with mercy."

She laughed softly. "Although it has become custom for our men to wear headdresses into battle. Then the gods will think that those warriors are women. It is a silly custom, but one that has been in practice through the ages. I feel as though I walk around topless without a scarf to cover my hair. My parents found it very helpful in covering my ears as well, which have been this way since they found and adopted me. There is no discomfort in them... only that the scarf holds my hair out of my face where my ears....do not" At this little bit of fibbing, she frowned and looked away from his gaze. In truth she hated the deformity of them and her vanity didn't like the looks that she recieved when she went about with them uncovered. "My face I only cover with the long ends when more...devious and sneeky plots are afoot."

She became quiet as she considered his other words....finding out who he was, his past, his family. She often thought of those things, but truly had no place to begin such an endevour. Long ago she cared who her real parents were and what happened. But in the end she had convinced herself that if they had been strong enough...they wouldn't have lost her, or eachother. They were dead. That much she knew for certain, for it was in the arms of her dead mother that she had been found, barely weeks old.

Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him. "I know of your past deeds and thought I knew your heart...something cold and unfeeling. We have had very few dealings between us in Umion's service, and your being his right hand I was satisfied to leave it thus. You do not appear to me to be the "family" sort." She shrugged. "But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps my vision of my own future is too narrow a thing to see anything other than the life I currently lead. It has been nearly an ag....well...it has been a very long time and it is a lifestyle I've grown accustomed to. I do not know anything else but caring for myself and looking after my own interests."

Sitting up she rolled her shoulders and glanced toward the dark window. "The sun has long since set and I have not said my evening prayers." She said, touching her chin and forehead in reverence for those she prayed to. "I have not my things to do it proper since they are in my saddlebags, but I believe that it will be forgiven for the time being." She stood and moved toward the window, turning half away from him. "If you will excuse me."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 03:57
Callon could tell Zie was lying to him, but whether it out of embarrassment or for purposely confusing him about Southerling life he could not tell.

"I know of your past deeds and thought I knew your heart...something cold and unfeeling. We have had very few dealings between us in Umion's service, and your being his right hand I was satisfied to leave it thus. You do not appear to me to be the "family" sort."

"Well, we all can be more than what we seem," he said quietly.

"The sun has long since set and I have not said my evening prayers." She said, touching her chin and forehead in reverence for those she prayed to. "I have not my things to do it proper since they are in my saddlebags, but I believe that it will be forgiven for the time being."

"I never expected you to be one who believed in the Valar. Or do you Southerlings have your own gods? We elves believe that Eru created the Valar to govern and guide Middle Earth.

"Perhaps I should invoke the name of Manwë for fair judgement upon me, his wife Varda to let the stars shine on the path before me, and Estë to heal my soul and give it peace."

He paused for moment, deep in his own thoughts. When Zie finished her prayers he remarked. "You know, I bet Umion worships the Black God himlself, Melkor Morgoth."

(OOC: Just FYI for those who don't know, Melkor Morgoth was Sauron's boss.:evil: )
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2006 06:59
"I never expected you to be one who believed in the Valar. Or do you Southerlings have your own gods? We elves believe that Eru created the Valar to govern and guide Middle Earth.

"Perhaps I should invoke the name of Manwë for fair judgement upon me, his wife Varda to let the stars shine on the path before me, and Estë to heal my soul and give it peace."

He paused for moment, deep in his own thoughts. When Zie finished her prayers he remarked. "You know, I bet Umion worships the Black God himlself, Melkor Morgoth."

She nodded briefly as she finished, keeping her prayer brief since he remained. Obviously still feeling the need to speak with her. "If he worships any at all besides himself." She said simply.

"Since coming to these lands I have often heard of these Gods of which you speak. Perhaps they are the same as ours, I do not know. It is not my habit to study religious worship in general, but it seems likely. If your Gods have this power to give your soul peace, then perhaps you should have envoked him long ago." She gave him a small smile, meant to be a bit devilish and taunting in nature.

Her impatience at her situation began to grow, as did her temper. "If you are intending to free me from this cell, please do so, for I do not relish wasting away in here in solitude. I will promise you that for the time being I will....not do anything... naughty. But I am certain that your "Prince" will not want me wandering free about his lands. I'm sure he is as stuffy as any other royalty I've only had the privledge of glimpsing, and it is beyond him to come to the prison to talk to one of the inmates. In being caught here I am in disgrace. Umion, as you know, does not tolerate failure and now I cannot return to his service. Even to do so with the girl in tow is likely to be questionable at best. While he would be delighted at having her again, he would also enjoy punishing the failure regardless. So, I am at a disadvantage either way I turn. What other choices do I have...but to begin again."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 03:22
"Im sure I can strike a deal with the Prince, if you cooperate and agree to help us see. We need your solemn promise. But you are right. We have no other choice but to begin again. If you want agree to cooperate I shall inform the Prince immediately."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2006 05:04
Asëa walked quietly down the hall, leaning slightly on Brondil. Hiredu walked somewhat behind them and Legolas and Haisel were far behind talking quietly. She hadn't been prepared for Verya's death.

She sensed anxiety from Brondil and she saw him glance quickly behind them at Hiredu. "What has you so anxious, my love?" She kept her voice just loud enough for Brondil to hear, so as to keep Hiredu from hearing.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 07:03
After a few moments she shook her head slowly, not looking at him, her eyes instead turned to the night outside her small window.

"I don't know what it is that you think I can do to help you lot. When I wasn't out earning my pay I spent my time teaching the rest of that male rabble he gathered to himself that I am not just another woman that will take what they dish out." She thought about that for a moment. "But then, perhaps it is just exactly that, that you are speaking of."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 11:11
(OOC: Sorry about being so long. I had Standards of Learning Tests (SOLS) and final exams and a Scholastic Aptitude Test to take. Also my mother has kidney problems. Needless to say, I've been VERY busy.)

"That's might be just what we need," Callon said. "And now, I shall see about getting you in a more comfortable arrangment."

Callon quickly found Prince Legolas and informed him of Zie's cooperation.

"Now that we have her support, I would to have her out of the prison cell," Callon said after briefing him. Noting the Prince's skeptical glance, he added, "With constant supervision, of course. But I think she would feel better if she felt we trusted her....To some degree."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 05:28
HELLO?!?! Where y'all gone?!
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 03:47
(I'm still here!!! *waves frantically to get attention*)
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2006 04:04
OOS-> Granted, I realize that I'm just as bad, but WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU ALL?!?!?! COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 04:40
(I'm afraid that all have faded into nothing-ness. I've checked back periodically to no avail. Too bad too, i was really enjoying this one. Alas, they all end quickly and before their time.)
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 08:40
*nods head* So sad. This was really interesting too. :banghead: I mean, all Legolas had to do was answer yes or no.
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email