Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
There must be something funny you have done while your bored
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have never been bored in my life. That word is not part of who I am.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with Lindarielwen. Bored? How can one possibly be bored? There are so many things one can find to do to fill their time, isn't there?

OK, I must I have been bored, but that was an imposed situation. I was working at a museum, and whili there were no tours to be guided, we just had to sit and look welcoming to everybody who might enter. I was always inventing things to do during that immensely snnoying time, and those things were just as quickly getting included in the list of "a guide at the museum is NOT supposed to..."
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I cannot understand how anyone can be bored when they have the world at their fingertips if they have a computer. I did not always have a computer and still *bored* never came into play. This world is full of so many wonderful things to see and do and be.

Maybe I do not understand the definition of the word *bored* What does that mean anyway?

If you are bored, does that mean you do not like yourself? You just sit around and stare into space?

Nifredil, you were not bored at the museum because you were inventing things to do. You were using your mind and being creative.

I stand by what I always say...If you are bored then you must be boring.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
To quote Lindarielwen's heartthrob from LoTR:

There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever. ~ Viggo Mortensen aka Aragorn

Speaking as somebody who is older than most on this site, I can confirm that life is waaaay to short to waste one precious second of it giving into boredom.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I have the vague feeling none of you have been forced to attend company meetings.
And if "Dilbert" now pops into your mind, you're pretty much on the mark.
You have no chance of escape once you're in such a meeting.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image etc.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Tell you what, Gando, I have been to company meetings and eagerly sat up front. I was always ready to give my input and comment on the goings on at my job. I loved attending the meetings. They gave me a chance to get to know my department heads and co-workers. When the topic did not concern my department, I listened anyway. I wanted to learn all I could about the company I worked for and what made it tick.

Nope, being bored is not in my life style.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gando, I love those smileys.

I always try to find soemthing to do when I find I cannot pay attention, kind of like what Nif said.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I've been bored, but that was in class, while I had no option but to listen to the teacher. At home, I'm a writer, so I write whenever I'm "bored." Or I read. Or I eat a snack and listen to music.

I think a lot of people's idea of boredom is basically getting tired of what there is to do, and wanting something new and fresh. Because doing the same thing over and over gets boring after a while. I agree that there isn't much reason to be bored, because you can always take a walk or something.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I am revising for exams. I am bored.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
And also, I can never be bored when I am doing things I want to. It is when I know I have to do something but I do not like doing it. I'm pretty sure that everyone has been bored before. If you haven't then you have never had to do something you do not want to do. Lucky!
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have many things I do not want to do. Washing dishes and cooking are among them. But I still do not find these tasks boring. I get energized when I am trying in vain to get that last piece of stuck on food from a pan. I am happy with myself when I use my imagination to try a new dish and a wonderful aroma fills my home.

Boring, let me think. Even if I am sitting on the couch with the TV turned to a boring infomercial, all I need to do is look around at the things I love. My collection of old dolls, my books, my cats doing acrobatics, my dragon statues, my stuffed animals. Everywhere I look, I can see something I treasure. So hence, I am still never bored.

I have said this before...If you are bored, then you are boring.

[Edited on 05/19/2015 by Lindarielwen]
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Okay so imagine you are stuck in an exam room, you have one hour left. You finished the paper checked it for the umpteenth time, and all you can hear is the steady agonizing tick tock of the clock Bored?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I always finished my exams ahead of the designated time. So what to do? What to do?

My school had these giant clocks on the wall with a second hand that made a loud tick when it moved. I used to close my eyes and count the ticks. I was always surprised at how long it takes a minute to pass.

Bored? Me? Never.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Well, some people are special, others are not
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
PSK, everyone of us is special, each in our own way. We all have unique qualities. Even bored people are special
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
True true. Guess what? Another exam today! Lindarielwen any tips to not be bored?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Don't be in such a hurry to finish the exam. Put your head down and take a nap. Count the hair on the person in front of you. Can you leave the room? Get a hall pass and go take a walk. My mind always wanders so I am always just thinking about stuff. Think about getting to your computer so you can come on here and have great discussions about being bored
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Haha that is what I did! (But not counting hair).
No we can't leave the room.
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I spend my time after exams and tests either closing my eyes and daydreaming, or doodling (if that's allowed), reading a book (again, if allowed), or, since I'm a writer, thinking about my stories and working out snags and whatnot. Or I spend several minutes yelling at my characters. In my head. Or you can sing your favorite songs over and over in your head, or thinking about what those mystery lyrics really are in those songs where you don't understand what they're trying to say.

Good luck with all these exams, by the way, PSK!
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Yes I suppose there is quite a lot you can do, but I would prefer not to be in the exam room all the same!
Thanks Edheharn, they are not the worst exams, thank goodness, so I think I may survive.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
After taking my second year university exams, I've found I write right until the end of the allotted time, even if I have nothing else to write and I've finished all the questions! I use that time to edit or add things that might be relevant, or just waffle. It gives me time to make sure I haven't written anything daft too.

But after the exam, I go to the pub with a friend and have a meal. Then if we want to talk about the exam, we do. But we do also end up talking about video games. When I go home and if I begin to feel 'bored', I play games, read or draw. Or come onto CoE! Boredom averted!

I can only write my own book if it's night. I can't concentrate during the day to do that sort of writing

[Edited on 05/21/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I almost always finish my exams before the allotted time. Me, being a wishful thinker, imagine the production of my books into film one day. The costumes, the actors...thinking of such things also helps me to plan ahead in what I write.

My second written exam, fourth exam in general, is on May 27th. I will use your tips, Lindarielwen!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Exams over! Bored no more!

Maxie I don't want my (admittedly non-existant) books to be turned into films! It takes away from the book. I am always sad when I see that the LOTR films have more likes than the books...
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with PSK. I'd rather people appreciate my books, which would be my own writing and hard work, than be obsessed with a changed version for film. A lot of people would be more interested in the actors than the story, and the story would probably change, too.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email