Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
^^^^That was me legitimitely five minutes ago! I am laughing!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im loading up another picture now...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, CoE was being tricksy and false. I didn't see the new page...

Here is another:

Clearendel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Tolkien in Leeds: Dr Alaric Hall, Brotherton Lecture 2013
on: May 24, 2014 05:39
Hi,

This is my first post to the Council of Elrond, so I hope I have chosen the correct forum thread to post this link to a video I made of a lecture on Tolkien at Leeds University given by Dr Alaric Hall, Lecturer in Medieval English Literature at the University of Leeds, and lineal successor to Professor Tolkien's position in the Dept of English in the autumn of 2013.

The lecture covers his time in Leeds, his publications, including Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, (with EV Gordon) and The Clerke's Compleinte, a Chauceresque piece about students arriving at Leeds University. This is then followed by discussion of the letter to Arthur Ransome held in the Brotherton Collection and how he is 'grievously tempted to a mythological essay' and hints at how The Hobbit is more purposely embedded in the ancient history of MiddleEarth than he at other times admitted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQu0V9Wplkk
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
I liked this exchange of letters in Private Eye magazine. I redacted the name to save embarrasment

[Edited on 07/28/2014 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is amazing. That was actually printed!?
Sawien
Council Member
Send Message
This one really isn't funny- at all- but I thought it was really well done and very moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSnBC9ecDwI

[Edited on 10/08/2014 by Sawien]
"A king is he that can hold his own or else his title is vain." -NelyaFinwe Maitimo (Maedhros)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, it is very nice work. I love the piano playing. Sometimes no words are needed.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Hriste
Council Member
Send Message
Saw this in today's comics, and I wanted to share it. It's from The Wizard of Id, and they mention an Ent.

http://www.gocomics.com/wizardofid/2015/07/19

-Hristë
Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Heed no nightly noise! Fear no grey willow!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email