Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: KEEP: "Going Home" (Permission by PM only)
on: February 21, 2006 07:02
Once Aeldrid was done with the horses, he crept into the shelter to see Rhyanna's fire. He gave her a proud smile.

He helped with dinner once Tulcendor and Mirion came back. The conversation during the meal was mainly about their next course of action and where they would head.

Edoras was mentioned. Tulcendor then spoke up.

"Is Edoras not the Capital of Rohan?" he inquired, and, "What do they 'think' of elves? - And... of orcs?" and dropping his gaze as well as his tone of voice, "Will they 'accept' one such as me?" he then asked.

"Elves are highly regarded, I believe. However, orcs...are not. Rohan was greatly devestated by the Uruk-Hai during the war. I believe though, if we cover you with a cloak and good deep hood and present you as an invalid along with Telerea, then we will have less problems." Aeldrid answered. "I would prefer to not split our group if we can help it."

The day wore on and the others began to bed down. Still uncomfortable because of the men earlier, Aeldrid decided to keep watch. The evening began to fall and he climbed out to check the horses and prepare them for the journey ahead.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 03:09
"Good morning," Tulcendor's gravelly voice quietly rumbled, and laying his thoughts of the future aside, he slowly sat up. "Did you sleep well, Rhyanna?" he asked his best friend in the world. "Have you eaten yet?"

"I've had some tea and bread already. Can I get you some?" She poured him at least a cup of the aromatic tea and then sat next to him for a while. "I don't think Telerea will be able to travel even tonight. I think this is a safe place so perhaps we can stay til tomorrow night. Maybe you and Aeldrid and Mirion could hunt down some more food to last til then. I must go search for some greens for Arthiel sometime today. Perhaps I can walk with you men when you hunt."

Throughout the morning, Rhyanna stayed close to Telerea's side, except when she crept out from under the trees' branches and went in search for the greens that would please Arthiel. But she hurried back with her collection to stay with Telerea again. The elf maiden seemed to be healing with the time she was being given to rest. When night fell again, Tulcendor slipped out to check some traps he had set the night before, returning with some game which he worked on to clean them for eating. As she watched him, Rhyanna noticed how hard he tried to remember all that he had learned so far and how well he was doing. The pelt had been moved to the shelter of another tree as it had developed a slight odor that was not too pleasant so it was being given a day or two to air away from the group.

Dinner that night was quiet for the group. Not only had the past week or more been very tiring to all of them, but they were content to just rest in each other's company. However, when dinner was over and the small pots and bowls washed in the stream, Rhyanna looked at the elves.

"Is it difficult to learn your language? I have heard you speaking a word here and there and it sounds very pretty. Could you teach me some? Can you tell me what I would call a man-elf? And a woman-elf? And what would I be called as a small girl?

The rest of the night was spent as the elves shared small words with Rhyanna, which she noticed Tulcendor listened to as closely as she did. It made her laugh when she couldn't get her tongue around certain sounds though she was so proud to hear how well Tulcendor picked it up as quickly as he did.

When they settled down for one more night's sleep, Rhyanna curled up next to Tulcendor in her blankets. As her eyes were closing, she whispered, "Goodnight, my ellon," grinning to herself.

The next day passed quickly, with Rhyanna slipping out often to play in the sunshine. She spent a lot of time near the stream, catching small lizards and salamanders and playing with them. She listened to the sounds of the birds and watched the squirrels storing nuts for the winter and finally went back under the boughs of the trees as the sun was setting. She asked Arthiel how Telerea was doing and whether she felt as though the elf maiden could travel tonight. If Telerea felt well enough to travel, Rhyanna knew she would have to take a nap after dinner.

She waited for Arthiel to tell her.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: February 26, 2006 02:50
Arthiel checked on Telerea, but she seemed to be taken care of with a cup of tea in her hand already. She'd assumed that Rhyanna had helped the injured elleth since she had been the first one up. Arthiel handed Telerea a small plant leaf, telling her to nibble on it if she was in pain. It would help lessen the pain, but it would still be there. The best thing to do was to get some rest.

For the most part of the morning, Mîrion mostly slept, just to replenish his energy for the travels that lay ahead. After waking up for the second time, Mîrion went a little ways from the group, but still in their range of view, to practice with his sword. Arthiel checked through her supply of medicine and herbs to see what she had begun to run out of. During the later half of the day, Mîrion asked Aeldrid and Tulcendor whether they should wish to accompany him to hunt some animals for dinner.

With their return, the men brought back with them some more rabbits. They were easy to catch and kill, and there didn't seem to be much of anything else to hunt. But by tomorrow night, the others had wanted to leave and start traveling again.

Dinner was mostly eaten in quiet. All of them were no doubt tired from the recent events that had unfolded, but they were also quite happy to be with each other.

"Is it difficult to learn your language? I have heard you speaking a word here and there and it sounds very pretty. Could you teach me some? Can you tell me what I would call a man-elf? And a woman-elf? And what would I be called as a small girl?" Inquired Rhyanna.

"Well, Rhyanna I'm sure Tulcendor knows some and when it all comes back to him he could teach you." Arthiel replied, "Tulcendor, if it would help we could speak small, common words in our tongue. But for a man-elf, like Mîrion, he would be called an ellon. A woman-elf like Telerea or myself, would be called an elleth, and a small girl like you, I believe is a sell. Am I right, Telerea?" The healer directed a smile, most adorable and childish at the Telerin elf-maiden.

The night continued on with small discussion and soon night took over and Arthiel and Mîrion settled down to sleep. The next day came quickly, and Arthiel was the first to awaken. She headed out, and stopped at one of the streams. There, Arthiel washed her hair and herself in the cold and clear, running stream. As she changed into a clean, but gauzier dress unfit for this season heard someone approaching and gasped. But as the figure emerged from the trees, Arthiel breathed a heavy sigh of relief.

"You scared me for a moment, Arthiel. I thought something unfortunate may have happened to you." Mîrion spoke softly to her.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you though...but now that we're out here, will you help me look for some herbs? I'm running low on some." Mîrion agreed, but he knew that she really didn't expect him to actually find any since he knew very little of the sort. He was there to keep her company, and to make sure that no harm would come to her.

When Arthiel found what she could, they headed back and the rest of time passed rather quickly. Arthiel spent some time playing with her hair, chatting with the others and plucking flowers. Mîrion cleaned off his sword and again went to practice with it for a little while. But the sun began to set, and Rhyanna asked Arthiel how Telerea was doing and whether she felt as though the elf maiden could travel tonight. If Telerea felt well enough to travel, Rhyanna knew she would have to take a nap after dinner.

"Telerea's condition seems to improving with the amount of rest she's had, and I know that you are eager to continue...I believe that she will be able to travel tonight."
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: February 28, 2006 06:02
"Is it difficult to learn your language? I have heard you speaking a word here and there and it sounds very pretty. Could you teach me some? Can you tell me what I would call a man-elf? And a woman-elf? And what would I be called as a small girl?

"Well, Rhyanna I'm sure Tulcendor knows some and when it all comes back to him he could teach you." Arthiel replied, "Tulcendor, if it would help we could speak small, common words in our tongue. But for a man-elf, like Mîrion, he would be called an ellon. A woman-elf like Telerea or myself, would be called an elleth, and a small girl like you, I believe is a sell. Am I right, Telerea?" The healer directed a smile, most adorable and childish at the Telerin elf-maiden.

The rest of the night was spent as the elves shared small words with Rhyanna, which she noticed Tulcendor listened to as closely as she did. It made her laugh when she couldn't get her tongue around certain sounds though she was so proud to hear how well Tulcendor picked it up as quickly as he did.

Tulcendor had been quietly pleased with how well he was able to pick up his native language again as the night passed. - Though, inwardly, he deplored that when he spoke them, many of the sounds he'd known as a child were now 'colored' by the Black Speech he had been (cruelly) forced to learn. His use of the Common Tongue was, too... but not as much, since his orc-captors had 'encouraged' that language to be continued. - Though, Arthiel had been quite patient (he thought) in correcting him... for which, Tulcendor was grateful... and with his small friend trying to learn, too, it was fun.

When they settled down for one more night's sleep, Rhyanna curled up next to Tulcendor in her blankets. As her eyes were closing, she whispered, "Goodnight, my ellon," grinning to herself.

With a smile curling on his lips, "Losto mae, Rhyanna!" he answered, bidding her to sleep well in the Elven tongue, and with a contented sigh, Tulcendor, too, fell asleep.

The next day, while Rhyanna played outside, and Mîrion and Arthiel tended to their own pursuits, the orc-elf stayed as deep into the shadows as he could... though once, Tulcendor tried peering outside... as he tried to reaccustom his eyes to the sunlight... though it only caused him a pounding headache that drove him into the darkest corner he could find. - And, so much did it bother him, that Tulcendor had to close his oddly-colored eyes against even the firelight flickering in their shelter.

To pass the time, the orc-elf asked Aeldrid about the man's life as a Gondorian Guard... and he tried to quietly keep Telerea company as she continued to recover.

But the sun began to set, and Rhyanna asked Arthiel how Telerea was doing and whether she felt as though the elf maiden could travel tonight. If Telerea felt well enough to travel, Rhyanna knew she would have to take a nap after dinner.

"Telerea's condition seems to improving with the amount of rest she's had, and I know that you are eager to continue...I believe that she will be able to travel tonight."

Looking up quickly from where he was helping prepare the evening meal, Tuclendor glanced around the shelter. "If you do feel like traveling, Telerea... and get tired later, tell us - I am eager, as Rhyanna is," and he smiled at his young friend, "but not enough so we won't stop if it's needed..."
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 08:31
Telerea did indeed feel much better and the chance to rest had done her good. The pain in her side was still there, but compared to what it had been before this was basically nothing.

With a smile on her face she listened to Tulcendor and Rhyanna learning some elfish words, and submitted some of her own, explaining that there were different variations to the elvish tongue. But she also told them that it would be more than enough if they understood and spoke some Quenya.

"Mae govannen means well met and is the greeting you should know. If you are especially delighted to see someone you would say Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo - a star shines at the hour of our meeting. And if you have not seen someone for a long time," she turned towards where she knew Tulcendor was sitting, " you say Im gelir ceni ad lín - I am happy to see you again."

Waiting until both Rhyanna and Tulcendor had repeated the phrases, she continued, taking turns with Arthiel and time passed with lots of laughter.

After Telerea had slept again, she felt a lot better. The pain had dulled and for the first time she felt really hungry.
"If you do feel like traveling, Telerea... and get tired later, tell us - I am eager, as Rhyanna is, but not enough so we won't stop if it's needed..." Tulcendor said when he noticed she was awake.

Telerea smiled at him, careful to find the right direction. "Don't worry Tulcendor, "she said, "I will be fine, with a little help." Then she turned to everyone and said, "I am indeed fortunate to have friends like you all. Thank you."

After she had had some food in her stomach, Telerea tried to get up with the help of her staff and Rhyanna - and this time she managed to stand without too much difficulty. Certain movements still hurt and she winced each time she made a wrong movement, but other than that she managed to walk, leaning on Rhyanna.

With Aeldrid's help she was soon mounted in front of him on his horse and ready to go. The ride seemed much smoother to her than the one before and they finally made good time.

BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 10:13
The two days spent under the boughs of the great tree had been unremarkable except for the time it gave Telerea's wound to heal sufficiently to travel. Rhyanna was excited to be leaving and so her nap was not much of a restful sleep, but rather a doze of a few minutes here and a few minutes there. When night had truly fallen, she was on her feet and ready to leave. Their next stop would be the city of the Golden Hall, of which she had heard much but had never seen.

When they were all saddled and packed, she went to Tulcendor, pulling his hood down over his face. Standing back, she looked at him, nodding her head. "Yes, I think that will do, if you keep your head very low and don't show your face. We will be able to find an Inn to stay in for a day or two by saying that both you and Telerea are wounded in a fight with orcs and need to rest." She reached up and patted his cheek under the hood and smiled. "Come, my ellon, let's go," amused at being able to use an elven word here and there. "I need a bath so it's off to Edoras we go."

She stood by Telerea's side as she was lifted gently onto Aeldrid's horse, holding her staff until she was settled then handing it up to her. Running on swift feet, she got to Tulcendor's side, where he lifted her onto Telerea's horse and climbed on in back of her, his arms wrapping around her small frame to take the reins. When the other two elves had mounted, they began to ride through the starry night. The moon, that was waning to the end of it's cycle, was only just beginning to rise in the east and offered little light to them, but the stars were bright and they traveled along the dusty road with little trouble.

They reached Edoras very early in the new day, and the sun had not even begun to lighten the eastern sky. As the six of them rode through the lower gates they immediately searched for an inn, finding one not far inside. Rhyanna turned to her brother, "Aeldrid, I think you would be the best person to ask for rooms, don't you? That way we can all wait here in the dark until we absolutely must go inside. But please hurry. I am so tired and dirty. And Telerea is looking peaked. I'm sure she needs her wounds tended. I will stay in a room with her if you can take Tulcendor with you. Mirion and Arthiel can have their own room as well, as I am sure they would like to be alone for at least a day." Turning to the two elves, she grinned, "you would, wouldn't you?" Pleading with her brother, she said, "Please Aeldrid, hurry."

When Aeldrid had returned, announcing that he had gotten them three rooms with no problem, Rhyanna slid out from under Tulcendor's arms and slipped to the ground. Going to Telerea's side, she took the staff to hold while Aeldrid assisted the elf maiden to the ground, handing her back the staff. Deftly, she untied Telerea's bag, slinging it over her shoulder and then went back to Tulcendor's to untie her own. With both bags over one shoulder, she looked up at Tulcendor, wrapping her arm around his waist.

"Now do try and look sick or ill or something, Tulcendor. Remember, keep your hood low and your head lower," she laughed up at him. With him pretending to lean on her slender frame, they hobbled into the inn, fortunately at this hour only lit by one candle. Making it safely to the room Aeldrid pointed to, she shoved Tulcendor through the door. "Next time, don't lean so hard," she grumbled. "I'm only one tiny person and carrying two bags and you is almost more than I could handle." But she quickly smiled and stood on tiptoe to kiss his scarred cheek. "Sleep well and I'll see you tonight when we order dinner. Right now, though, I want someone to order some breakfast because I am starving. Would you like some too? And then I want hot water and a tub. Then I'm going to sleep...in a real bed for a change. Then....well, that seems quite enough for now. Good morning, my ellon." And with that she turned to the next room, where the door was already open and Telerea moving slowly around inside, feeling her way around.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 11:28
The rest was good for them all; even the horses. Cerebil seemed to think so and Aeldrid smiled as the horse snorted contendedly.

He helped Mirion hunt a little, but spent most of the day in the shelter with Telerea and Tulcendor. Occasionally, he would watch the elven woman but would turn back to Tulcendor.

The half-orc was very interested in Aeldrid's experience as a member of the Guard and Aeldrid answered the other's questions and to elaborate as much as he could.

When Arthiel and Telerea taught Elvish, Aeldrid went to look at the horses again, but returned and sat at the edge of the group. He too, quietly repeated phrases and such but did not make his presence overly known.

And when time came to leave, Aeldrid put Telerea on his horse and mounted up behind her. The ride was smooth and uneventful.

As they neared Edoras, Rhyanna turned to her brother, "Aeldrid, I think you would be the best person to ask for rooms, don't you? That way we can all wait here in the dark until we absolutely must go inside. But please hurry. I am so tired and dirty. And Telerea is looking peaked. I'm sure she needs her wounds tended. I will stay in a room with her if you can take Tulcendor with you. Mirion and Arthiel can have their own room as well, as I am sure they would like to be alone for at least a day." Turning to the two elves, she grinned, "you would, wouldn't you?" Pleading with her brother, she said, "Please Aeldrid, hurry."

Aeldrid smiled and nodded. "Peace, Rhyanna. I will go in and it will not take long."

It did not. The innkeeper, a quietly dignified man, agreed to give them the three rooms after Aeldrid told of an attack by orcs and two members of their party wounded. Once Aeldrid paid, he went back outside and half smiled as Rhyanna flitted about Tulcendor. He made sure that a stable boy was taking the horses, before taking Telerea's arm.

"My lady." he said softly. In truth, he felt rather...chagrined that he had not spoken to her during the ride. In truth he felt hopelessly tongue tied. "...If I may, I will help you to your room?"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 12:44
While everyone prepared to leave, Tulcendor went to fetch the skin he'd been stretching - he'd not forgotten what Aeldrid had told him about it's care. - And, fortunately, keeping it outside had allowed the stink to drift out of it. It wasn't (yet) 'ready' for what he wanted it for, though... but hoped it would be soon. Rhyanna would need something extra-warm before much longer.

He'd appreciated greatly the conversations with Rhyanna's brother... it had been, well, sadly interesting to hear how Humans did their war-training. Sad, that it was so - so - 'honorable' compared to what *he* had endured, anyway.

When they were all saddled and packed, she went to Tulcendor, pulling his hood down over his face. Standing back, she looked at him, nodding her head. "Yes, I think that will do, if you keep your head very low and don't show your face. We will be able to find an Inn to stay in for a day or two by saying that both you and Telerea are wounded in a fight with orcs and need to rest." She reached up and patted his cheek under the hood and smiled. "Come, my ellon, let's go," amused at being able to use an elven word here and there. "I need a bath so it's off to Edoras we go."

A bath sounded well to the orc-elf, too... and while his little friend waited for Aeldrid to lift Telerea up, Tulcendor's lips curled into a smile as he remembered the first bath he'd had in centuries. True, it had in the stream oustide Rhyanna's 'hiding-cave', but he'd been clean! - A feeling, he knew he wanted to continue.

Running on swift feet, she got to Tulcendor's side, where he lifted her onto Telerea's horse and climbed on in back of her, his arms wrapping around her small frame to take the reins.

Since he'd noticed Rhyanna hadn't slept much, "Don't worry," Tulcendor quietly rumbled into her ear, "If you fall asleep, I won't let you fall!" he added... *not* that he'd have let his young friend slip anyway... but 'teasing' was beginning to come more easily. - Especially, with Rhyanna.

When the other two elves had mounted, they began to ride through the starry night. The moon, that was waning to the end of it's cycle, was only just beginning to rise in the east and offered little light to them, but the stars were bright and they traveled along the dusty road with little trouble.

They reached Edoras very early in the new day, and the sun had not even begun to lighten the eastern sky. As the six of them rode through the lower gates they immediately searched for an inn, finding one not far inside. Rhyanna turned to her brother, "Aeldrid, I think you would be the best person to ask for rooms, don't you? That way we can all wait here in the dark until we absolutely must go inside. But please hurry. I am so tired and dirty. And Telerea is looking peaked. I'm sure she needs her wounds tended. I will stay in a room with her if you can take Tulcendor with you. Mirion and Arthiel can have their own room as well, as I am sure they would like to be alone for at least a day." Turning to the two elves, she grinned, "you would, wouldn't you?" Pleading with her brother, she said, "Please Aeldrid, hurry."

Aeldrid smiled and nodded. "Peace, Rhyanna. I will go in and it will not take long."

Nervously, Tulcendor waited for the man to return... sitting huddled underneath his cloak.

When Aeldrid had returned, announcing that he had gotten them three rooms with no problem, Rhyanna slid out from under Tulcendor's arms and slipped to the ground. Going to Telerea's side, she took the staff to hold while Aeldrid assisted the elf maiden to the ground, handing her back the staff. Deftly, she untied Telerea's bag, slinging it over her shoulder and then went back to Tulcendor's to untie her own. With both bags over one shoulder, she looked up at Tulcendor, wrapping her arm around his waist.

"Now do try and look sick or ill or something, Tulcendor. Remember, keep your hood low and your head lower," she laughed up at him.

Although Rhyanna laughed, the orc-elf's nervousness increased as they headed inside. 'Ill' he was... that he knew well, but his inner hurts outweighed the unpleasant countenance that the world could see - as bad as his scarring made Tulcendor appear...

With him pretending to lean on her slender frame, they hobbled into the inn, fortunately at this hour only lit by one candle. Making it safely to the room Aeldrid pointed to, she shoved Tulcendor through the door. "Next time, don't lean so hard," she grumbled. "I'm only one tiny person and carrying two bags and you is almost more than I could handle."

"I was not leaning 'hard'!" Tulcendor quietly protested, and then, "Was I?" he asked... knowing it was possible he unintentionally had.

But she quickly smiled and stood on tiptoe to kiss his scarred cheek. "Sleep well and I'll see you tonight when we order dinner. Right now, though, I want someone to order some breakfast because I am starving. Would you like some too? And then I want hot water and a tub. Then I'm going to sleep...in a real bed for a change. Then....well, that seems quite enough for now. Good morning, my ellon." And with that she turned to the next room, where the door was already open and Telerea moving slowly around inside, feeling her way around.

Agreeing that he, too, would be glad of food, while Aeldrid helped Telerea to hers and Rhanna's room, Tulcendor slipped into his own that he'd be sharing with her brother.

Gazing around it... the only other Inn he could compare it with, was the last one - where he'd been so unwelcome. This one seemed more 'hospitable', the orc-elf thought - though, if he was seen, it was likely the Edorians would be just as quick to want him well away from thier city.

Choosing for himself the least-comfortable-looking of the two beds, Tulcendor sighed, and began setting down his packs and the drying pelt. Wondering if Aeldrid would mind if he bathed first (though he'd nothing but his currently-dirty clothes to put back on), the orc-elf decided it really didn't matter, and began to gratefully get himself cleaned up...
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: March 04, 2006 05:43
While the others helped Telerea to mount Aeldrid's horse, Arthiel and Mîrion did one last check to see that nothing had been forgotten. It seemed like they were ready to be off, so the two mounted their horses and traveled in the direction of the starlit road. The journey passed with good time and without any troubles and they reached Edoras within the early hours of the new day.

As the six of them rode through the lower gates they immediately searched for an inn, finding one not far inside. Rhyanna turned to her brother, "Aeldrid, I think you would be the best person to ask for rooms, don't you? That way we can all wait here in the dark until we absolutely must go inside. But please hurry. I am so tired and dirty. And Telerea is looking peaked. I'm sure she needs her wounds tended. I will stay in a room with her if you can take Tulcendor with you. Mirion and Arthiel can have their own room as well, as I am sure they would like to be alone for at least a day." Turning to the two elves, she grinned, "you would, wouldn't you?" Pleading with her brother, she said, "Please Aeldrid, hurry."

Rhyanna's...suggestive comment stained Arthiel's cheeks with a light, crimson colour. But neither responded to affirm what was quite obvious. But both of them very anxious to be off the streets of Edoras and draw attention away from themselves. It wasn't long before Aeldrid returned, announcing that he had gotten them three rooms with no problem.

While the others helped Telerea with her bags and inside the inn, Arthiel and Mirion led the horses to a stall behind the inn where they would be feed and taken care of. The elf lord reached into a small pouch and pulled out a couple golden coins which he gave to a young, shy male for his work.

In inn was quite dark, lit only by a sole candle at this quiet hour. With their bags in hand, the elven couple proceeded to their room and settled in quietly. They rested, and tidied themselves for a couple hours until the city began to stir.

"Would you like to go down to the dining room and have breakfast?" Mîrion asked his wife, feeling hungry. Arthiel seemed to hold back her answer, not entirely sure if she wanted to. "Arthiel, meleth nín, I promise you nothing will happen. Most of the inn is quiet...and I'm starved."

Arthiel sighed, but found it difficult to surpress her smile, "Very well. But, I should like to go see the markets after."

"Of course," He agreed to her request, took her hands in his and kissed her lightly. Then they headed down the stairs for their breakfast that awaited them.
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2006 12:59
Telerea sighed. When she was finally sitting on the bed, she was relieved. The ride had been rather exhausting, even if she had felt better in the morning. She thanked Aeldrid for his help, hoping that she had not been too much touble for him

She did not protest when Rhyanna insited on helping her get more comfortable and vanished shortly, only to return with a bit of breakfast. After having eaten some, Telerea felt better , although she was very tired.

She smiled at Rhyanna, thanking her, and asuring her that now she would not need anything else but sleep and yes, that she woud call her if she needed anything and with smiling she added, "Go and see how our friend Tulcendor is - I know you cannot wait to do so - I'll really be fine."

She heard how Rhyanna ran out of the door and closed it behind her then she settled down among the pillows. The pain in her side was not very accute, just a dull reminder of her wound.

She slipped into sleep quickly and her body sat on the not too easy task of mending itself, with the help of Arthiel's herbs.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 14, 2006 12:17
Rhyanna knew Telerea needed rest and when the elf maiden...the 'elleth', Rhyanna thought gleefully remembering the right word...told her she would be fine and to go see Tulcendor, Rhyanna raced down the hallway to Aeldrid and Tulcendor's room, pushing open the doorway and rushing through, calling, "Tulcendor, are you sleeping yet?" She stopped dead in her tracks, however, when she saw her great tall friend standing next to a tub with naught but a towel around his waist and still dripping. His body was brutally scarred in many places, and his new wounds were evident, but yet his was a mighty frame that still retained the beauty in shape of his Elvish heritage, the lines perfectly formed.

"Oh," slipped from Rhyanna's lips, "I'm sorry, Tulcendor. I...I...should have knocked." Her eyes were wide and full of awe at how magnificent he was, how powerful he looked. It frightened her and enchanted her at the same time but she knew that it was not yet the time for her to see him this way. Slowly she backed out the door, "I'll come back later. I just came to ask you...well, nevermind. I'll come back later," she said, as she closed the door between them. She stood in the hallway, her mind tripping years ahead to when she was of a marrying age. She knew already in heart that she would someday wed this ellon and she wanted very much to be grown up soon. Grinning at her silly thoughts, she turned from the doorway and hurried through the hallway to the stairs to the common room. She was suddenly very hungry.

The group stayed at the Inn for several days, and Rhyanna walked with Aeldrid around the small city, even walking to the top of the mount to see Meduseld, the Golden Hall, where the King lived. Aeldrid, Mîrion and Tulcendor spoke late in the evenings about what route they should take. It was fall and the cool nights would be getting colder as the rode north. They spoke of taking the route along the Anduin but they would face the possibility of snow on the pass over the Misty Mountains and it was finally agreed that they would continue to follow the Old South Road to the old city of Tharbad, and then turn northeast along the River Hoarwell until it branched off into the Bruinen, where they would follow that to Imladris. Rhyanna listened but all she wanted to know, and what they couldn't tell her, was how long would it take.

The days and evenings were also spent with her learning...and Tulcendor recalling...more Elvish, which made her laugh. Her tongue just couldn't get around some of the words much as she tried. "How do your children ever learn this?" she asked Arthiel one evening, giggling at a mistake she had just made.

She also spent much time watching as Arthiel applied her healing skills, becoming quite adept at knowing exactly what the elleth would need next, handing it to her before Arthiel even asked for it. One day the healer actually allowed her to tend to Telerea's wound by herself, while Arthiel sat by watching and offering advice when Rhyanna faltered. When the bandage was finally well in place, Rhyanna clapped her hands in delight at her own skill. "Telerea, did I hurt you? How does it feel?"

Eventually, Telerea was almost healed, and only small scars remained on the others, and it was time to leave. When they finally packed their horses, having purchased a lovely Rohanian horse for Telerea to ride on, since only Telerea's horse would carry Tulcendor, they readied themselves to mount up and ride off. The innkeeper thought it strange that they would choose to leave at night. "Surely you could stay til morning. Tis an odd hour to moving along the roads." But his thoughts were to no avail. How could they possibly explain that they had one with them that could not bear the sunlight? Rhyanna settled herself in front of Tulcendor and handed him back the reins, and with a joyous, "We're off!" from Rhyanna, the group moved on their way.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2006 09:23
Aeldrid came into the room after escorting Telerea and sat down. A proper bed...well, proper housing was a treat after the past few cold days.

And it would get worse, he knew. Aeldrid doubted the wisdom of bringing Rhyanna. Would her small body be able to handle the hardships ahead?

He bathed after Tulcendor and then immediately went to bed.

The next few days he spent in the city, mainly. He searched out another horse and helped Mirion and Arthiel purchase some more supplies. He also took a chance to have another message delivered to both his parents and to his commander in Gondor.

He tried to approach Telerea, but each time found himself more and more tongue tied. Frustrated, he often simply listened in on the Elvish lessons, quietly practicing to himself when in the stables or when practicing his sword.

Maybe he would be able to speak to her better if he knew some of her native tongue. Perhaps then...he would not feel such a simpleton in her presence.

Presently, it was time to leave. Aeldrid thanked the innkeeper, despite the man's suggestion they wait for morning.

"We need to be on our way." Aeldrid told him. "The sooner the better; I fear winter will only be harsher the further we move."

He thanked the man again and then mounted his horse. He had spoken to Mirion about their course after leaving Edoras, but even so, let the man take the lead while Aeldrid brought up the rear.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: March 19, 2006 03:19
It felt good, Tulcendor thought, to get clean again, as he wrapped a towel around his waist. He'd 'avoided' looking in the mirror… he didn't want to 'see' what he truly looked like to others - having done so 'once'… nor did he want to see the scarring on his body, barring what was visible when he washed.

He was just turning to grab his dirty raiment, in order to wash that, too, when he heard running footsteps in the corridor… sliding to a stop outside his door.

Rhyanna raced down the hallway to Aeldrid and Tulcendor's room, pushing open the doorway and rushing through, calling, "Tulcendor, are you sleeping yet?" She stopped dead in her tracks, however, when she saw her great tall friend standing next to a tub with naught but a towel around his waist and still dripping. His body was brutally scarred in many places, and his new wounds were evident, but yet his was a mighty frame that still retained the beauty in shape of his Elvish heritage, the lines perfectly formed.

"Oh," slipped from Rhyanna's lips, "I'm sorry, Tulcendor. I...I...should have knocked." Her eyes were wide and full of awe at how magnificent he was, how powerful he looked. It frightened her and enchanted her at the same time but she knew that it was not yet the time for her to see him this way. Slowly she backed out the door, "I'll come back later. I just came to ask you...well, nevermind. I'll come back later," she said, as she closed the door between them.

Blushing from the roots of his straggly-wet hair to his shoulders and chest (making his scarring stand out even worse than it must have normally), Tulcendor stood 'frozen' until Rhyanna backed out of the room. Why hadn't he thought to lock the door? he wondered, and shakily sank into a chair to sadly hide his face in his hands.

He'd seen the 'fear' in his little friend's eyes… along with something else he knew was not for a long time to come. - And, the orc-elf could only hope again that the Healers of Imladris would be able to… and then with a sigh, Tulcendor once more 'saw' the image of Rhyanna-the-adult 'flash' through his mind.

By the time Aeldrid came in to do his own cleaning, Tulcendor had gone ahead and washed his clothes, and had them hanging on the window-sill to dry. He was no longer hungry, and with a quiet, "Good sleeping," to Rhyanna's brother, the orc-elf crept into his bed and was swiftly asleep.

The days passed quickly for the orc-elf… as (with Mîrion and Arthiel's help) he began recalling more of his native elvish-language… and (a bit) more of his birthplace. - Yet, he didn't dare leave the Inn, even in the shadows of night. He felt 'closed in'… and once (grateful that Aeldrid was 'out and about' that day), woke abruptly in the midst of a nightmare that he was still imprisoned underground.

And when Telerea was finally healed, and a horse procured for her, Tulcendor hated that only her own mare would let him near enough to ride. - But, anxious to press on… to be healed… to have eight years fly past him, he settled onto Berioreth's back and with Rhyanna sitting with him, he tried to hide his inner impatience as he waited until everyone else was ready.

And, it was Mîrion who took the lead when they finally headed out… followed by his wife, and Telerea on her new horse, himself and his young best friend, followed by her brother bringing up the rear.

Flicking his oddly-golden-colored eyes from the blind elleth's back, to glancing around at Aeldrid, the orc-elf sighed. Even *he* could tell things weren't 'right' between the two… and instead of them becoming more 'comfortable' with the other's presence, they'd become more so.

"Rhyanna?" Tulcendor quietly rumbled, and looked down at his small best friend. "I need to talk with Aeldrid… something I 'forgot' before we left. Would you mind riding with Telerea for a while? - If she doesn't mind?"

He was hoping, that if Rhyanna would, and if Telerea was 'agreeable', that just maybe he could 'help' somehow. - He wanted to do something 'good'… to do something 'nice' for someone else… after being forced to endure so many evils at the hands of his captors…
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: March 27, 2006 02:28
The next few days were quite relaxing for Arthiel and Mîrion. They divided their time into spending time in the city, the markets where they would purchase supplies and the necessities for the journey ahead. Aeldrid would join them at times, as well. And the rest of the time, they spent at the inn with the others and by themselves.

In the evenings, the men went over and discussed what their planned route to Rivendell would be. They finally agreed that they would continue to follow the Old South Road to the old city of Tharbad, and then turn northeast along the River Hoarwell until it branched off into the Bruinen, where they would follow that to Imladris. In conjunction, evenings were also spent teaching Rhyanna and Tulcendor the elven language, which they were picking up quite well.

Arthiel also spent much of her time checking up on Telerea, and making sure that she was doing fine. While she went through her procedures, Arthiel noticed Rhyanna watching her carefully. Soon, Rhyanna became knowledgeable about the skills required and the process. And one day, Arthiel allowed Rhyanna to tend to Telerea's wounds. Mîrion, on the other hand, would sometimes scout the streets of Edoras, mingling with the city folk. They seemed to be quite civilized and hospitable.

Then the time came for the group to leave, as Telerea's wounds were almost healed, and a new horse had been bought for her. They departed under the cover of night. Mîrion took the lead as they headed out, followed by Arthiel, and the others. Arthiel glanced back once they had settled onto the road. Tulcendor and Rhyanna were speaking quietly, a somewhat mischievous look in their eyes and Arthiel raised her brow suspiciously at them, wondering just what they were up to...
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:01
When they left the inn (finally! in Rhyanna's opinion) they had mounted as before, though Telerea was now mounted on a Rohannion steed, a well mannered, well trained horse. Tulcendor though was distracted by thoughts of his own.

"Rhyanna?" Tulcendor quietly rumbled, and looked down at his small best friend. "I need to talk with Aeldrid… something I 'forgot' before we left. Would you mind riding with Telerea for a while? - If she doesn't mind?"

"Will it be for long, Tulcendor?" Rhyanna asked her hero. "I will not mind for I truly like Telerea but she is not as warm as you are," she giggled. He rode up beside Telerea, lifting her with his strong arm and swinging across to the rump of Telerea's horse, where Rhyanna wrapped her arms around Telerea, being careful not to squeeze the side with her healing wound. She watched over her shoulder as Tulcendor turned and rode back to ride side by side with Aeldrid, talking quietly to her brother.

When Telerea, who had been surprised by the sudden arrival of her young friend behind her on the horse, asked what was happening, Rhyanna answered, "Tulcendor forgot to tell something to Aeldrid so wanted to speak with him. Do you mind if I ride with you for a little while?"

They rode onward following Mîrion for the next many nights, stopping wherever they could find shelter....a cave one night, an abandoned ruin another. They crossed the Ford of Isen on a moonless night and continued on their way, past the great tower of Orthanc and across the land of the Enedwaith towards Tharbad. During their stops, Rhyanna, Tulcendor and even Aeldrid practiced the language of the elves and all had healed fully. Telerea's horse had proved a blessing as it, like her own horse, did not seem to fear Tulcendor, so they could ride closely to Telerea at her side. Rhyanna and she chatted with Rhyanna's budding skills in Sindarin, laughing at her mistakes and trying it out on Tulcendor, who was by this time becoming quite good.

They were probably two days out of the old city when the sun began to rise over the peaks of the Misty Mountains, far to their east. They had yet to find any thing to shelter them through the sunlight of the day other than a heavy growth of trees. They made their camp, lighting a fire and preparing some food. Rhyanna was worried for Tulcendor and offered to make a blindfold for him. She wondered how he would make it through the day without one. She was surprised by what happened next.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: April 12, 2006 01:03
"Will it be for long, Tulcendor?" Rhyanna asked her hero. "I will not mind for I truly like Telerea but she is not as warm as you are," she giggled.

"No, not long," Tulcendor rumbled, a smile curling his lips at Ryanna's comment, and gave her a small hug. "I promise!" the orc-elf added, and bringing the horse beside Telerea, "May Rhyanna ride with you for a little?" he asked, and at the elleth's agreement, carefully settled his small friend behind Telerea. "Be good!" he grinned, and then slowed to let Aeldrid catch up... though stayed far enough behind the others so Telerea's keen hearing could pick up nothing of their conversation.

Though... 'unsure' as how to begin, Tulcendor was aware that 'tact' was something else he was in need of when he blurted, "Why don't you tell Telerea how you feel about her?" to his young friend's brother.

With that stark statement, Tulcendor berated himself soundly, yet continued on. "I may have much still to 'relearn' about elves," he said, and glanced at the young man, "but I can't 'miss' sensing it, Aeldrid... and I am certain that Arthiel and Mîrion have 'noticed' it, too. Telerea can not be 'unaware' that there is something keeping you away... but I think she feels the same as you."

Pausing, Tulcendor gazed off into the darkness of the night. "I do not mean to 'intrude', or to 'interfere', Aeldrid," he said, his voice a bit 'diffedent' in tone. "But, you have the chance to speak with your love about love - now! - I must wait eight years before I can. An 'eyeblink' for an elf... less even than that. - But eight years is still a long time. Do not wait that long, Aeldrid... gain your happiness now - I have missed out on it for far too long, and I would see you - and Telerea both happy!"

With that, Tulcendor left Aeldrid to his own thoughts, and urging Berioreth forward again, smilingly retrieved Rhyanna from Telerea's care.

"Ready to ride with me again?" he inquired, and spent the rest of that night's travel (mostly) listening to his best friend's chatter, and (when he could 'manage' to) adding a few words here and there to their quiet conversation...

They rode onward following Mîrion for the next many nights, stopping wherever they could find shelter....a cave one night, an abandoned ruin another. They crossed the Ford of Isen on a moonless night and continued on their way, past the great tower of Orthanc and across the land of the Enedwaith towards Tharbad. During their stops, Rhyanna, Tulcendor and even Aeldrid practiced the language of the elves and all had healed fully. Telerea's horse had proved a blessing as it, like her own horse, did not seem to fear Tulcendor, so they could ride closely to Telerea at her side. Rhyanna and she chatted with Rhyanna's budding skills in Sindarin, laughing at her mistakes and trying it out on Tulcendor, who was by this time becoming quite good.

They were probably two days out of the old city when the sun began to rise over the peaks of the Misty Mountains, far to their east. They had yet to find any thing to shelter them through the sunlight of the day other than a heavy growth of trees. They made their camp, lighting a fire and preparing some food. Rhyanna was worried for Tulcendor and offered to make a blindfold for him. She wondered how he would make it through the day without one.

Smiling half-sadly at Rhyanna, "If I must 'bear' the sun's light - I must," Tulcendor told her. "And... one day, I will do so with joy - you know I will, when you are grown, and I come for you."

And, although with the first rays that lightened the sky, the orc-elf 'flinched'; by squinting, or (mostly) just closing his eyes, Tulcendor made it through the long, sunny, day with a headache that was 'tolerable' - yet not 'blinding'.

When night finally came, and the sun had gone to sleep, Tulcendor smiled wanly at his friends. "Perhaps," he said, and squeezed Rhyanna's hand, "there *is* 'hope' for me."

And, though tired (since he'd not slept all day), Tulcendor helped pack up their small camp. And (since he'd had another word with Aeldrid - and the young man had determined the drying skin to be 'ready') he was able to 'dispense' with the frame, and it was after he'd lifted Rhyanna onto Berioreth's back once again, Tulcendor then approached Arthiel, Mîrion, and Telerea.

"I don't know how to 'make' this into a cloak for Rhyanna," he said quietly, "But if one of you can show - or tell me how, the nights are growing cold enough so I would like that she can use the extra warmth..."

((*grumbles* writer's block - sorry))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 09:52
Aeldrid was glad that the weather was not too harsh as they rode, even though it still was cold. That brought his thougts to worries for his sister but among them all, they would keep Rhyanna safe.

The young soldier smiled; it was amazing to him how much he trusted the others now to watch Rhyanna as if they were her own blood. Something of a relief to him - the more eyes on her, the less chance his sister would have of getting into trouble.

He glanced ahead to Tulcdendor's back, then blinked in surprise as the half-orc handed Rhyanna off to Telerea and then slowed his mount.

Aeldrid prodded Cerebil forward a bit faster, coming alongside the other and looking at him, but waiting to speak. Clearly Tulcendor had something to say to him.

"Why don't you tell Telerea how you feel about her?"

Aeldrid stared, blinking his blue eyes. That, of all things, had been the last statement he'd thought he'd hear.

"I may have much still to 'relearn' about elves," Tulcendor continued. "but I can't 'miss' sensing it, Aeldrid... and I am certain that Arthiel and Mîrion have 'noticed' it, too. Telerea can not be 'unaware' that there is something keeping you away... but I think she feels the same as you."

Aeldrid looked down, hardly believing that possible; although he remembered his father once saying that a man was never good enough for the woman he loved.

Tulcendor continued, "I do not mean to 'intrude', or to 'interfere', Aeldrid. But, you have the chance to speak with your love about love - now! - I must wait eight years before I can. An 'eyeblink' for an elf... less even than that. - But eight years is still a long time. Do not wait that long, Aeldrid... gain your happiness now - I have missed out on it for far too long, and I would see you - and Telerea both happy!"

Aeldrid watched him ride back to the front and then blinked.

He did not say anything for several days, instead mulling over Tulcendor's words. He thought quickly in battle but outside of it he took his time and went slowly.

It was two days of travel later that Aeldrid decided he would speak to the elf maid. However, Tulcdendor had approached her and Mirion and Arthiel first, so he stood beside Cerebil and waited quietly.

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 01:53
The last two days were spent travelling, stopping here and there to rest until the group finally decided to make camp. A fire had been lit and the food had been cooked, so Mîrion and Arthiel were not particulary doing much, except talking quietly to each other.

Arthiel sat, hugging her knees and watched the others for a small moment. She looked at Mîrion who was lying down beside her, staring up into the sky. "Have you noticed anything different...between Aeldrid and Telerea lately?" She asked him in a low whisper.

Mîrion's answer was not immediate, but it came. "Yes, I have noticed too. Actually, I believe everyone has, even Aeldrid and Telerea themselves. It would be a shame if neither of them could find the courage inside themselves and take that other step."

They dropped the conversation, realizing there was nothing more to say about the subject matter since they both knew how they felt. No, they didn't want to interfere; the young ones would have to figure this out themselves. If either Aeldrid or Telerea wanted advice from the Elven couple, they would be glad to to give it. Besides, it looked like Tulcendor was heading their way.

"I don't know how to 'make' this into a cloak for Rhyanna," he said quietly, "But if one of you can show - or tell me how, the nights are growing cold enough so I would like that she can use the extra warmth..."

Mîrion gazed off in Aeldrid's direction, and waved him over. "Since Aeldrid guided you through this whole process, he probably can help you. I'm afraid that Arthiel nor I could be of much aid to you."

((Ah, sorry I took so long to post. I was really stumped on what to write... ))
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 08:14
The party continued along the road for two more days, finding shelter in deep trees during the daylight hours which protected Tulcendor's eyes, though he was bearing the sunlight better every day as they traveled. It was as the sun was rising on the third morning when Mîrion called out that Tharbad was just ahead. The old city, though abandoned now, was in many ways still standing, with many of the buildings still with their roofs intact.

Rhyanna slid off Berioreth as they reached what had once been the main street and began running to each of the buildings, peeking inside each of them and calling back to the group with delight. "This is just like our village at home, only without the people. Aeldrid, isn't this house just like Mr. Peckin's?" she asked her brother, pulling the sagging door open and looking inside. Someone called out to her to 'be careful' but she was too excited to notice. She entered the old building and stood for a minute as her eyes adjusted to the dark. Then she started tiptoeing down the hall, looking into what must have been the sitting room on the right. Thus, she wasn't watching where she was stepping until the floor gave way under her feet. As she crashed through the floor, she landed in a dark room under the house with her leg twisting under her. When she tried to stand, her ankle screamed in pain, as did Rhyanna herself.

It was Tulcendor whose face she saw through the hole above her, and his hand that she grasped as he pulled her out. "I've twisted my leg, Tulcendor. It hurts so much." When her friend had carried her to Arthiel, Rhyanna wiped the tears from her eyes as she watched the elleth set her leg in two sturdy sticks, and then wrap it in bandages. "I guess I was pretty dumb to go wandering around in old buildings, wasn't I?" She sniffed. "But there were some interesting boxes in that old dark place. Someone ought to check them out and see if there's anything we can use," she commented.

The group was fortunate to find an old meeting hall that seemed sturdy, and it was there that they settled for the day. The ancient fire place seemed workable and someone got a fire going so they were able to prepare a warm meal in comfort. Mîrion had pointed out the river that ran through the old town, telling them that this was where they would be leaving the road they had been following as they would now be following the river towards the northeast to the confluence of the Hoarwell and the Bruinen. Then they would change their direction to follow the Bruinen to Imladris.

"Then we're almost there, right, Mîrion?" Rhyanna asked. When told by the elves that they still had quite a way to go, the girl pouted for a moment, then brightened up. "But that's alright. I like rivers. They are much more interesting than dusty old roads," she said cheerfully. "And I can take a bath, too. We all can." She grinned at the group, adding, "I think we could all use one, too."

Rhyanna was delighted to notice that Tulcendor was working with her brother to get the pelt readied as a cloak for her small body. The weather had been growing colder the further north they traveled and she was waiting impatiently for the warmth the unfinished pelt would provide. "Aeldrid! Tulcendor! When do you think I will be able to wear it?" she asked.

During the late afternoon, after she had slept as much as she could, she noticed Aeldrid was also awake. Creeping quietly across the floor, she reached his side and snuggled up next to his side. Whispering, she asked her brother, "Aeldrid, Telerea is healed now, isn't she? How come you don't talk to her more than you do? She likes you...and you like her, too, I know you do. Look, she's all alone right now. Why don't you go sit with her?" She nudged his arm, giving him a shove.

(OOC: I know, it is a blah post but wanted to get us posting again....*grins*)
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 09:31
Mîrion gazed off in Aeldrid's direction, and waved him over. "Since Aeldrid guided you through this whole process, he probably can help you. I'm afraid that Arthiel nor I could be of much aid to you."

Aeldrid mentally sighed but then nodded to Tulcendor. "Yes, I'll help." he smiled a bit. "It will not be too difficult."

They traveled on for two more days, and on the third reached an abandoned city.

There was an eerie feeling about the empty buildings and the soldier in Aeldrid found himself sweeping them with sharp eyes, scoping out any signs of enemies or an attack...

"This is just like our village at home, only without the people. Aeldrid, isn't this house just like Mr. Peckin's?"

The young man glanced at her sister and nodded with a slight smile. "Yes." He frowned slightly as she pulled a door open and started to walk inside. "Rhyanna! Be careful!"

He dismounted and looked at the buildings again. He didn't sense any danger - but it was just that possibility that kept him on a slight age.

There was a crash and a scream and Aeldrid whirled around. Tulcendor was ahead of him and the young man followed as quickly as he could. The half-orc pulled his sister out and took her to Arthiel.

Aeldrid held back on scolding; it would do no good while Rhyanna was hurt. Instead, he helped Mirion and the others move them to the city hall and start a fire.

Plans were discussed while food was prepared and Aeldrid was satisfied to leave their direction to Mirion as he had a better idea of where they were heading.

"But that's alright. I like rivers. They are much more interesting than dusty old roads," Rhyanna said cheerfully. "And I can take a bath, too. We all can." She grinned at the group, adding, "I think we could all use one, too."

Aeldrid laughed a bit and tousled his sister's hair. "It might be a bit too cold for baths. But we will see."

After dinner, he and Tulcendor pulled out the pelt, Aeldrid showing him how to make notches in the fur to put lacings through.

"Aeldrid! Tulcendor! When do you think I will be able to wear it?" Rhyanna asked.

"Patience, Rhyanna." Aeldrid stated, then looked at his sister and smiled again. "It will not be long."

The soldier was finally able to lay and rest for a bit. He dozed for a bit and then blinked more awake when he felt a small, warm presence snuggling up to him.

"Rhyanna?"

"Aeldrid, Telerea is healed now, isn't she? How come you don't talk to her more than you do? She likes you...and you like her, too, I know you do. Look, she's all alone right now. Why don't you go sit with her?" She nudged his arm, giving him a shove.

Aeldrid felt his eyes narrow in slight annoyance. He would speak when he was ready; why was everyone constantly telling him to speak his mind when he did not quite understand what was inside. Rhyanna would not give up until he did go over and speak to the elf maid.

"Rhyanna, peace." Aeldrid murmured. "Go and rest."

Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 06:45
Telerea had grown steadily better the longer their journey lasted and at last joyfully admitted to herself that she was alright now. Thanks to Arthiel's excellent care all that remained from the attack was a scar down her side. But with time it would fade and be hardly visible.

Telerea sat a little bit from the others, she kind of enjoyed to be by herself for a little while and to be able to think. Pain and worry had occupied her mind for a long time and now she was at a loss where to pick up again.

A little off she could hear the familiar voices and tried to pick out Aeldrid's. She had harbored a mental image of him and whenever she had a moment she tried to conjure it up. Then she sighed. Don't you ever get any wiser, she thought, it has been plain that he has no feelings but friendship for you and besides, who wanted to be burdened with a blind.... there she stopped, shaking her head wildly to make those thoughts go away. How dare you she reproached herself, thinking of Tulcárator's words to her.

Self pity was like self destruction. No, if Aeldrid did not like her in that way, he had his reasons and they had to be respected. She would find someone else someday.

Such were her thoughts when she heard someone approach.

(sorry - I seem to have writers block - but at least it is a little to work with I hope...)

[Edited on 7/6/2006 by Liswen]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 05, 2006 11:07
The party continued along the road for two more days, finding shelter in deep trees during the daylight hours which protected Tulcendor's eyes, though he was bearing the sunlight better every day as they traveled. It was as the sun was rising on the third morning when Mîrion called out that Tharbad was just ahead. The old city, though abandoned now, was in many ways still standing, with many of the buildings still with their roofs intact.

Rhyanna slid off Berioreth as they reached what had once been the main street and began running to each of the buildings, peeking inside each of them and calling back to the group with delight. "This is just like our village at home, only without the people. Aeldrid, isn't this house just like Mr. Peckin's?" she asked her brother, pulling the sagging door open and looking inside. Someone called out to her to 'be careful' but she was too excited to notice. She entered the old building and stood for a minute as her eyes adjusted to the dark. Then she started tiptoeing down the hall, looking into what must have been the sitting room on the right. Thus, she wasn't watching where she was stepping until the floor gave way under her feet. As she crashed through the floor, she landed in a dark room under the house with her leg twisting under her. When she tried to stand, her ankle screamed in pain, as did Rhyanna herself.

Initially, Tulcendor had only smiled to himself at Rhyanna's curiosity about their shelter… but when he heard a scream, the orc-elf dropped the packs he was unloading, and raced through the building to find her.

"Rhyanna?" he cried anxiously, and peered through the hole he found in the floor of one room. "Are you all right?" Tulcendor asked, his heart beating hard inside his chest as he reached down to help her up.

"I've twisted my leg, Tulcendor. It hurts so much."

"Don't worry, little one!" he answered soothingly, and hugged Rhyanna gently. "Let's get you to the Healer," Tulcendor went on, and carefully lifting her, in his arms, carried her back to the rest of their party.

When her friend had carried her to Arthiel, Rhyanna wiped the tears from her eyes as she watched the elleth set her leg in two sturdy sticks, and then wrap it in bandages. "I guess I was pretty dumb to go wandering around in old buildings, wasn't I?" She sniffed. "But there were some interesting boxes in that old dark place. Someone ought to check them out and see if there's anything we can use," she commented.

The group was fortunate to find an old meeting hall that seemed sturdy, and it was there that they settled for the day. The ancient fire place seemed workable and someone got a fire going so they were able to prepare a warm meal in comfort. Mîrion had pointed out the river that ran through the old town, telling them that this was where they would be leaving the road they had been following as they would now be following the river towards the northeast to the confluence of the Hoarwell and the Bruinen. Then they would change their direction to follow the Bruinen to Imladris.

"Then we're almost there, right, Mîrion?" Rhyanna asked. When told by the elves that they still had quite a way to go, the girl pouted for a moment, then brightened up. "But that's alright. I like rivers. They are much more interesting than dusty old roads," she said cheerfully. "And I can take a bath, too. We all can." She grinned at the group, adding, "I think we could all use one, too."

Rhyanna was delighted to notice that Tulcendor was working with her brother to get the pelt readied as a cloak for her small body. The weather had been growing colder the further north they traveled and she was waiting impatiently for the warmth the unfinished pelt would provide. "Aeldrid! Tulcendor! When do you think I will be able to wear it?" she asked.

"Patience, Rhyanna." Aeldrid stated, then looked at his sister and smiled again. "It will not be long."

"It's almost done," Tulcendor smiled, and whilst Rhyanna and Aeldrid napped, the orc-elf kept working… and had just finished when he heard Aeldrid telling his sister to go and keep resting… with a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

Hoping to distract his small friend, Tulcendor smiled. "Rhyanna!" he called softly, "It's done! - Come and try on your new cloak!" and with his own crabbed, rough hands, the orc-elf tenderly settled it around her shoulders. "One day," he then said, the 'flash' of her grown up coming again into his mind, "You'll have a finer one… in a brown that will just match your eyes, Rhyanna - and you'll be a beautiful lady. But, for now, this one will 'do', I think."

And, seeing someone approaching Telerea, "Why don't you lean on my shoulder?" Tulcendor then asked her… "and you can help keep *me* warm. - I need to sleep a little, myself," and settling back into a darkened corner, the orc-elf closed his eyes…
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 07:06
Aeldrid sighed as Rhyanna went to Tulcendor. He sat up and watched the two for a moment, then let his eyes drift towards Telerea.

He hesitated, blue eyes vaguely troubled before he climbed to his feet and walked towards her.

Pausing close to her, he murmured, "Lady Telerea? I..I am not disturbing you?"

There was that feeling of being young and foolish and entirely unexperienced. Aeldrid hesitated again, then asked, "May I sit?"
Liswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 10:34
The steps were coming closer. And then she heard him speak.Aeldrid murmured, "Lady Telerea? I..I am not disturbing you?"

"No," she said softly. "May I sit?" he asked. "Of course," Telerea was confused. But it felt good to have him close. She wished she could see him, see the expression on his face, but since that was not possible she had to go with her instinct and with her sense of hearing.

He seemed nervous. She noticed the slight hesitations before he spoke and she wondered why since there was surely nothing to be nervous about.

Still she forced herself to stop thinking and interpreting and patiently waited for Aeldrid to say something.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2006 11:34
He opened his mouth, then closed it and then repeated the process several times.

Aeldrid looked at the elf and his eyes studied her face, looking for signs of weariness or hurt.

"You look better." he finally said. He looked down. "I am glad of that."
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: June 09, 2006 02:00
When a loud crashing noise ringed through the air, the shock caused Arthiel to shriek quietly and grab onto Mîrion's arm. Before Mîrion could even blink and shrug off Arthiel's hand, Tulcendor dashed off into barn. With a scream like Rhyanna had emitted Arthiel immediately, after the initial shock had worn off, hurried to get her healing supplies. She couldn't quite decipher what kind of injury Rhyanna had sustained, but from the intensity of her scream, it sounded as if it was a bone injury.

Tulcendor carried Rhyanna to Arthiel, and the little girl wiped the tears from her eyes as she watched the elleth set her leg in two sturdy sticks, and then wrap it in bandages. "I guess I was pretty dumb to go wandering around in old buildings, wasn't I?" She sniffed. "But there were some interesting boxes in that old dark place. Someone ought to check them out and see if there's anything we can use," she commented.

Arthiel smiled gently, she wasn't going to scold Rhyanna or tell her to be more careful. She was probably going to get that from her brother, and she knew what she did wrong. Besides children could be so reckless and carefree at times. "I'll get my husband to go search the barn later. Try not to walk unless it's necessary, and I'll see when it's safe to take this off."

In a few hours, Rhyanna was her regular self, which Arthiel and Mîrion were glad to see. "She's incredibly resilient, isn't she?" Mîrion said to his wife. Arthiel nodded. The others were off in groups of their own, Tulcendor and Rhyanna were nestled together and Telerea and Aeldrid were starting to communicate again. "Mîrion, I forgot to mention this earlier but Rhyanna said we should check that old barn for anything useful and I told her you would do that." Arthiel whispered to him, casually giving him a gentle nudge.

The couple ventured out of the meeting hall, holding hands, and headed off to the barn which Rhyanna had injured herself. Mîrion ventured in with cautious steps, in case the floor was still unsteady. "Be careful, Mîrion," Arthiel said to him. He rummaged through the cupboards, under the beds but found nothing that would be of use. All that seemed to have useful items were the few boxes. Arthiel sat by, watching him as he lifted and carried them out of the barn.

"You know, it would be nice if I had some help," Mîrion teased, and grinned at Arthiel. She stuck out her tongue at him, and pinched his arm as she stood up. In response, she said, "I very much doubt that I would be of much use concerning physical strength."

"Well, I love you anyways," he replied lazily with a smile. Mîrion then proceeded to carry all the boxes back to the meeting hall so the others could take a look and take whatever they
thought they would need.

((Sorry, this post is not very good. I must've used up all my spark for literature essays recently. I also edited it because the last part sounded like poop.))

[Edited on 10/6/2006 by Lady~Eowyn]
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 05:14
Rhyanna had tried to persuade Aeldrid to talk to Telerea but he had become very gruff with her and tears gathered in her eyes. It was not like Aeldrid to talk to her like that and she didn't understand why he had. But Tulcendor called to her.

"Rhyanna!" he called softly, "It's done! - Come and try on your new cloak!" and with his own crabbed, rough hands, the orc-elf tenderly settled it around her shoulders. "One day," he then said, the 'flash' of her grown up coming again into his mind, "You'll have a finer one… in a brown that will just match your eyes, Rhyanna - and you'll be a beautiful lady. But, for now, this one will 'do', I think."

She stood before him as he tied the new pelt at her neck, and when he was done, she threw her small arms around his neck, giving him a huge hug. "Thank you, Tulcendor. It is beautiful .. and warm too. I love it."

"Why don't you lean on my shoulder?" Tulcendor then asked her… "and you can help keep *me* warm. - I need to sleep a little, myself," and settling back into a darkened corner, the orc-elf closed his eyes…

They had both been napping for a while when Rhyanna heard footsteps and opened her eyes to see Mîrion and Arthiel strolling out of the great hall, their hands entwined. Rhyanna wondered where they were going and carefully, so as not to disturb Tulcendor, she slid away from his side. Untying her new deer pelt cloak, she layed it over him and then struggled to her feet, finding it difficult with the splints tied around her one leg. As quietly as she could, she followed them out into the street and saw they were headed back to the old house whose floor she had fallen through. Hobbling along behind them, she finally reached the building and peeked in the doorway. She saw Arthiel sitting next to the wall and Mîrion lifting boxes out of the hole in the floor through which she had fallen. When he began to carry them outside, he teased his wife.

"You know, it would be nice if I had some help," Mîrion teased, and grinned at Arthiel. She stuck out her tongue at him, and pinched his arm as she stood up. In response, she said, "I very much doubt that I would be of much use concerning physical strength."

"Well, I love you anyways," he replied lazily with a smile. Mîrion then proceeded to carry all the boxes back to the meeting hall so the others could take a look and take whatever they
thought they would need.

Rhyanna popped out from behind the door where she had been hiding and hobbled after them, catching up with them a few feet down the road. "I can help, Mîrion. I can carry the small box on top," she offered. When he bent down enough for her to pick the box off the top of the pile in his arms, she realized it was bigger than she had thought, and heavier as well. She fell back a step or two until she had her balance and then hobbled after the couple back to the great hall.

When they arrived and Mîrion had dropped his pile and she had set hers down as well, the others gathered around. Pulling out her small knife, she cut the bonds the held her box closed, pulling the top back and peering inside. What she saw opened her eyes wide. "Oh! Oh!" she said. "Tulcendor! Aeldrid! Oh look," she said as she reached in and pulled out the most beautiful doll she had ever beheld. It was fair of face with long black hair, braided along the temples and tied in the back. It had the bluest of eyes and was garbed in elven robes of satin and velvet. It wore an intriquitely carved silver headdress and velvet slippers with jewels sewn in. "Oh Arthiel, look at it. I wonder whether she has a name."

The rest of the boxes contained clothing, mostly that like rangers had worn, much of which fit Tulcendor very well. When he had tried on a shirt and tunic, with symbols embroidered on the chest, Rhyanna clapped her hands. "Oh, Tulcendor, you look just beautiful." The group split up the finds between them as they could be used and what was not usable to them was put back into the boxes and returned to the house...Rhyanna thought that only fair to future travelers.

When they began the trek several days later, after giving Rhyanna's leg time to heal, along the river to the north east and eventually to Rivendell, Rhyanna carried her doll, wrapped in her deer pelt cloak to keep it safe. Tulcendor was beginning to acclimate to the daylight and so they were able to travel in the early morning and the late afternoon. They found shelter during the mid-day hours when the sun was high and rested and then rested part of the night as well. It took them almost a week to reach the branch of the Bruinen but Rhyanna could tell that Arthiel and Mîrion were walking lighter as they drew closer to home.

When they made the turn to follow the Bruinen, Rhyanna had been walking alongside Tulcendor, one hand holding his and the other cradling her doll wrapped in her cloak. "Tulcendor, you're almost home," she said with a sigh, her thoughts being that once they had him safely in the arms of his family, she and Aeldrid would have to go home. "Tulcendor, you promise you won't forget me, will you??" she asked sadly.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 02:53
Tulcendor had been sleeping so soundly, he hadn't noticed when Rhyanna left his side. - But, when he heard the sound of boxes being dropped, he roused, and came to look.

When they arrived and Mîrion had dropped his pile and she had set hers down as well, the others gathered around. Pulling out her small knife, she cut the bonds the held her box closed, pulling the top back and peering inside. What she saw opened her eyes wide. "Oh! Oh!" she said. "Tulcendor! Aeldrid! Oh look," she said as she reached in and pulled out the most beautiful doll she had ever beheld. It was fair of face with long black hair, braided along the temples and tied in the back. It had the bluest of eyes and was garbed in elven robes of satin and velvet. It wore an intriquitely carved silver headdress and velvet slippers with jewels sewn in. "Oh Arthiel, look at it. I wonder whether she has a name."

Smiling fondly at his little friend, Tulcendor quietly asked if he could hold the doll for a moment... and ran a scarred finger gently over the face. "It is elven, isn't it?" he asked, looking at both Arthiel and Mîrion for confirmation.

No... he'd not played with dolls, but the toy was a remembrance of the long-ago care-free childhood he'd been ripped away from.

With a smile, he handed it back to Rhyanna, and opened another of the boxes.

The rest of the boxes contained clothing, mostly that like rangers had worn, much of which fit Tulcendor very well. When he had tried on a shirt and tunic, with symbols embroidered on the chest, Rhyanna clapped her hands. "Oh, Tulcendor, you look just beautiful."

Blushing slightly, the orc-elf shook his head. Nothing would ever make *him* 'beautiful' - of that, Tulcendor was painfully aware.

Yet, it was nice to be considered so by his best friend in the world.

"At least I will have more than one 'set' of clothes," Tulcendor commented, and held up a tunic colored in a dark green - the one he was wearing was blue. "Do you like this one, Rhyanna?" he inquired, *her* opinion meaning the most to the elf.

The group split up the finds between them as they could be used and what was not usable to them was put back into the boxes and returned to the house...Rhyanna thought that only fair to future travelers.

When they began the trek several days later, after giving Rhyanna's leg time to heal, along the river to the north east and eventually to Rivendell, Rhyanna carried her doll, wrapped in her deer pelt cloak to keep it safe. Tulcendor was beginning to acclimate to the daylight and so they were able to travel in the early morning and the late afternoon.

Tulcendor was quietly pleased with this occurrence, but it was so. Whether it was his own sheer determination, or just that he kept 'trying', he didn't know... but the longer he could stay in the sunlight, the better the orc-elf felt.

They found shelter during the mid-day hours when the sun was high and rested and then rested part of the night as well. It took them almost a week to reach the branch of the Bruinen but Rhyanna could tell that Arthiel and Mîrion were walking lighter as they drew closer to home.

When they made the turn to follow the Bruinen, Rhyanna had been walking alongside Tulcendor, one hand holding his and the other cradling her doll wrapped in her cloak. "Tulcendor, you're almost home," she said with a sigh, her thoughts being that once they had him safely in the arms of his family, she and Aeldrid would have to go home. "Tulcendor, you promise you won't forget me, will you??" she asked sadly.

Tulcendor had been walking with Rhyanna... the night was going to be a long one, for they'd decided to give the horses a bit of a rest by not riding. At his small friend's words, however, the orc-elf dropped Berioreth's reins, and knelt down in front of her.

Taking Rhyanna's hands in his own, "I won't forget you!" Tulcendor promised. "Never, as long as I live. - Will you promise the same for me?" he then asked. "You have much growing up to do before I can come back to see you again. I'll be healed then, I'm sure I will."

Gathering up the mare's reins again, Tulcendor kept hold of one of Rhyanna's hands with his other.

Quietly, and with a small smile, Tulcendor then shared his deepest fears with his little friend. "I'll tell you though, Rhyanna," the orc-elf said, "I'm nervous. I know Arthiel, and Mîrion, and Telerea will be glad to be home... but it's been so long, I don't know my parents will react to seeing me again. Will they want me to live at home? - Or, am I so 'changed' they won't be able to look at me?"

They talked for a bit longer, and then abruptly, Tulcendor paused. He'd 'heard' something in the darkness... and a 'prickling'-feeling went down his spine. An all-too 'familiar' one, and he glanced at Mîrion for confirmation. "Yrch!" he whispered, and silently drew out his sword, trying to determine just 'where' their enemy might be hiding...

(( hope this is ok! ))
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: July 06, 2006 11:15
Arthiel and Mîrion had gotten only a few feet down the road when they heard someone else following them. They turned their heads to discover that it was Rhyanna who was following behind them on their back to the hall. As likely, she had probably followed them to the abandoned farm as well. Rhyanna offered the carry the small box on top of the pile, and deciding there wouldn't be much potential for harm, Mîrion complied and bent down so that she could take it into her hands.

Once they reached the meeting hall, Mîrion gently put the boxes on the floor and allowed the others to have a peek at they contained. The boxes contained garments mostly, but Rhyanna was able to salvage a beautiful doll (that happened to look alot like Arwen, at least Arthiel thought it did). When asked by Tulcendor whether it was genuinely Elven, Arthiel nodded.

"Oh Arthiel, look at it. I wonder whether she has a name."

Arthiel smiled, "Why don't you give her a name Rhyanna? The doll is yours now."

Although the group did split up what provision and items they found to be necessary, there was nothing in particular that Arthiel nor Mîrion really needed nor desired, but they agreed to take whatever items they would need for later.

After a few days, the group resumed their travel, after allowing Rhyanna's leg some time to heal. Since the weather had become less warm, the wind now felt chilly, Arthiel and Mîrion adorned themselves with cloaks to keep warm. The journey to Bruinen took them about a week, and as Arthiel and Mîrion came closer and closer to their home, their ease began to show.

That particular night, they were traveling on foot. Mîrion and Arthiel were walking side by side, guiding their horses, and holding hands. They were talking quietly when Tulcendor glanced at Mîrion. He immediately guessed the meaning of Tulendor's expression and quickly picked up a sharp rock off the ground. Silently he gazed around until a sudden movement caught his eye, and with great speed and accuracy he threw the stone at the orc. "There are bound to be more," he quietly said to Tulcendor and Aeldrid as he unsheathed his sword.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 01:20
Mirion's rock had felled the orc, who had suddenly appeared from the underbrush. "There are bound to be more," he quietly said to Tulcendor and Aeldrid as he unsheathed his sword.

Rhyanna clutched her doll in her arms as her eyes searched the surrounding area fearfully, standing behind Tulcendor. The group, all silent with the only sound a knickering from one of the horses, stood listening for any sound. When after long moments passed, and there were no more sounds, Rhyanna, who by this time knew the workings of orcs, whispered to Tulcendor, "There does not seem to be any others. Isn't that a little strange?" Still listening and hearing nothing, she added, "Why would one orc be travelling alone? Yet he seems to have done just that, doesn't he? Can we go on now?"

For whatever reason, it did indeed seem to be a lone orc and after much patient waiting, the group decided to continue on. No one seemed to want to stop and rest....they were so close. And when one of the elves called, "There is the hidden path to Imladris", they all picked up their pace, tired though they were.

They were all suddenly confronted by the march-wardens of Imladris, who greeted Arthiel, Mirion and Telerea jovially and with great joy. But then their eyes turned to the two mortals, a Gondorian soldier and a child...and then one that made them step back, their faces paling, and pulling their bows around in readiness. Rhyanna saw their reaction to her friend and immediately jumped between them and Tulcendor, reaching back to take his hand in hers, hurriedly spouting out the first things that crossed her mind.

"He is my friend! His name is Tulcendor!" she said bravely, then her young voice softened. "He is one of your kind only...only...years ago he was captured by orcs and they have hurt him very badly. We are bringing him home to his mama and papa and to get him healed. Don't you dare shoot him!" she stood ramrod straight, facing down the two tall elves.

The elves of Rivendell exchanged looks with each other and the other elves traveling with the two mortals and the .. the... well, he did look somewhat like an orc. But the three other elves all nodded their heads in agreement with the young girl and the march-wardens waved the group on. "Follow us." One of them grew curious and asked, "Who are your parents?" When told Tulcarato and Ainelinde, they exchanged another look. "That Tulcendor? That's who you are? Oh my, your mother and father will be so .. relieved to see you." Neither could imagine any parent being 'happy' to see what their son had become but........

When they reached the bridge and all could see Imladris unfolding before them, Rhyanna, still holding Tulcendor's hand, whispered, "Look Tulcendor, you are home."
gwendeth
Send Message
on: July 29, 2006 01:30
Mirion's rock had felled the orc, who had suddenly appeared from the underbrush. "There are bound to be more," he quietly said to Tulcendor and Aeldrid as he unsheathed his sword.

Stiff, and tense, Tulcendor stood 'ready'... Rhyanna, his best friend in the world behind him. Not for anything would the orc-elf let her be hurt! - But... after long, *long* moments of waiting, none other of his former captors and tormentors appeared, and he breathed a deep sigh of relief.

When after long moments passed, and there were no more sounds, Rhyanna, who by this time knew the workings of orcs, whispered to Tulcendor, "There does not seem to be any others. Isn't that a little strange?" Still listening and hearing nothing, she added, "Why would one orc be travelling alone? Yet he seems to have done just that, doesn't he? Can we go on now?"

"I say we do," Tulcendor agreed, and - so as to move more quickly if more orcs decided to show up, he lifted his small friend up into the saddle and - a bit more 'gracefully' than his first tries so many days ago, swung up behind her.

No one seemed to want to stop and rest....they were so close. And when one of the elves called, "There is the hidden path to Imladris", they all picked up their pace, tired though they were.

It wasn't Tulcendor who'd called out... he'd been tense, and silent the 'closer' they came to Imladris... trying hard to keep the 'doubts' within his mind and heart at 'bay'. For *so* very long he'd kept Hope strong... but now that he was HERE it seemed to flee.

They were all suddenly confronted by the march-wardens of Imladris, who greeted Arthiel, Mirion and Telerea jovially and with great joy. But then their eyes turned to the two mortals, a Gondorian soldier and a child...and then one that made them step back, their faces paling, and pulling their bows around in readiness.

The 'reception' he received was nothing 'less' than what the orc-elf had expected... and again, Tulcendor wondered if he'd even be allowed down the vaguely-familiar path.

Rhyanna saw their reaction to her friend and immediately jumped between them and Tulcendor, reaching back to take his hand in hers, hurriedly spouting out the first things that crossed her mind.

"He is my friend! His name is Tulcendor!" she said bravely, then her young voice softened. "He is one of your kind only...only...years ago he was captured by orcs and they have hurt him very badly. We are bringing him home to his mama and papa and to get him healed. Don't you dare shoot him!" she stood ramrod straight, facing down the two tall elves.

"Rhyanna!" Tulcendor's heart swelled at his small friend's courage... but, at the very least, perhaps she and her brother... or Arthiel and Mîrion... or even Telerea - who had known Tulcaráto - could take a message to his parents...

The elves of Rivendell exchanged looks with each other and the other elves traveling with the two mortals and the .. the... well, he did look somewhat like an orc. But the three other elves all nodded their heads in agreement with the young girl and the march-wardens waved the group on. "Follow us." One of them grew curious and asked, "Who are your parents?" When told Tulcarato and Ainelinde, they exchanged another look. "That Tulcendor? That's who you are? Oh my, your mother and father will be so .. relieved to see you."

When they reached the bridge and all could see Imladris unfolding before them, Rhyanna, still holding Tulcendor's hand, whispered, "Look Tulcendor, you are home."

'Home'? Well... yes, he'd been born here in this enchanted Valley... but *home* was within the walls of his parent's house... in the circle of their arms. 'Relieved' they might be... but... would they 'welcome' him?

And, as they came nearer, "Stop!" Tulcendor said... his deep, gravelly voice even more so from his nervousness. "I know the way," he told the March Wardens, and turned to the friends who'd brought him thus far.

Reaching out to grip Telerea's arm, he smiled wanly at Mîrolon and his healer-wife. "I thank you," the orc-elf bowed as well as his tortured body would allow, "But I must go the last part 'alone'. Except..." and looking down at Rhyanna, and then up at Aeldrid, "it is not far... the white house - just between those trees," and he pointed at it. "If you will let Rhyanna come with me that far, you can watch... but I would like her to meet my parents, and then I will send her back to you."

And, holding his little friend's hand tightly... she who'd 'believed' in him all this time... she who - one day - he would come for, and marry, Tulcendor and Rhyanna made their way toward it... and it was with a heart pounding madly with trepidation, that the orc-elf knocked on the door he'd last gone through five hundred years before...

It was opened by an elf. Tall... grey eyed and dark-haired, but with the two streaks of white that Tulcendor remembered... and with a face not 'unlike' his own had been - once. And, the eyes were 'questioning'... and widened in puzzlement, and... before the ellon could 'recoil' at his appearance, "Ada?" Tulcendor whispered, and tears slid down his scarred cheeks. "It is I... your son - returned from the orcs. This is my friend - Rhyanna - who aided me to come..."

And, as Tulcaráto stepped forward to hug him, suddenly, from behind her husband, also appeared a white-haired woman... who rushed through the door and wrapped her arms around the broken figure of her son... as Tulcendor wept, "Nana!"

((if this isn't ok, bereth, let me know and I'll edit! gwen))
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: August 02, 2006 10:02
And, as they came nearer, "Stop!" Tulcendor said... his deep, gravelly voice even more so from his nervousness. "I know the way," he told the March Wardens, and turned to the friends who'd brought him thus far.

Reaching out to grip Telerea's arm, he smiled wanly at Mîrolon and his healer-wife. "I thank you," the orc-elf bowed as well as his tortured body would allow, "But I must go the last part 'alone'. Except..." and looking down at Rhyanna, and then up at Aeldrid, "it is not far... the white house - just between those trees," and he pointed at it. "If you will let Rhyanna come with me that far, you can watch... but I would like her to meet my parents, and then I will send her back to you."

Rhyanna looked up at Aeldrid, who nodded, and taking Tulcendor's hand, walked at his side as he took the final steps that would bring him home. She was nervous but she knew he was even more so, yet when he reached the door of what had once been his home, she stood quietly by his side, his staunch friend forever. His hand reached up to knock on the door.

It was opened by an elf. Tall... grey eyed and dark-haired, but with the two streaks of white that Tulcendor remembered... and with a face not 'unlike' his own had been - once. And, the eyes were 'questioning'... and widened in puzzlement, and... before the ellon could 'recoil' at his appearance, "Ada?" Tulcendor whispered, and tears slid down his scarred cheeks. "It is I... your son - returned from the orcs. This is my friend - Rhyanna - who aided me to come..."

And, as Tulcaráto stepped forward to hug him, suddenly, from behind her husband, also appeared a white-haired woman... who rushed through the door and wrapped her arms around the broken figure of her son... as Tulcendor wept, "Nana!"

Rhyanna was hardly aware of the tears that ran down her cheeks as she watched Tulcendor's family welcome him home, like her, ignoring the devastating damage that had been done to his once beautiful elven body and face. When the initial greetings were past, they turned their attention to Rhyanna. She stepped forward, taking Tulcendor's hand in her own again. Standing at his side, she announced in her most imperious voice, "This is your son, who needs much healing. I hope you will see that he is cared for well, as he will one day be my husband, and I do not want him to suffer any more pain than he has already suffered." Pulling Tulcendor's hand downwards until he knelt in front of her, she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek and hugging him tightly.

"Tulcendor, my friend, you are home. And I am happy for you and wish you only good. But now I must return to Rohan." As the thought of leaving her friend reached her heart, her tears fell faster and she clung to his neck. "But I shall grow up...and I shall wait for you. You will come for me when I am 18, will you not? You will not forget me, will you? For I shall not forget you," she whispered.

As Tulcarato and Ainelinde walked on either side of their son, they followed Rhyanna back to the side of her brother and the other elves who had traveled with them on this sad yet hopeful journey. Rhyanna hugged Arthiel and Mirion, thanking them for their aid and turning to Telerea, gave her an even warmer hug, whispering in her ear, "My brother is a bit slow to say what he feels, but know that he cares about you." Grinning, she stepped back. "Alright, we are here in Rivendell. Surely there is somewhere for us to spend a night or two resting and somewhere we can get supplies for the journey home, is there not?"

The next week was spent doing just that. Rooms were provided for Aeldrid and Rhyanna, they were celebrated by the elves of Rivendell for their bravery and their honor in returning one of their own. Rhyanna went with Tulcendor every day to visit with the healers, who offered much hope that Tulcendor could indeed be healed to almost his former glory, due the depth of his soul and spirit that he had clung to over the long years. She also spent time with Tulcendor's mother and father, sitting for long hours listening to the tales of his time as an elfling, finding much joy and amusement in these stories. Happily she practiced her language skills with all the elves around her, who found her quite delightful for a mortal, and spent much time correcting her errors and adding to her vocabulary.

Her great surprise was when she was called upon to sit with the greatest of all the elves of Rivendell, the Lord Elrond himself, who was planning shortly to leave for the land of the elves across the great sea. He handed her many scrolls to use to expand her knowledge of his people, knowing that the waif had won the heart of Tulcendor, even at her young age, and knew that the wounded elf would return to her someday when the time was right.

When the time came for Rhyanna and Aeldrid to leave, she held Tulcendor around his slim waist, staring up into his eyes. "I will miss you, Tulcendor, but I am happy for you. I am so glad your 'nana' and 'ada' welcomed you home, for I know how dreadful it would have been for you had they not. But elves are very loving and forgiving, aren't they? Be happy, my friend, and work hard on curing your ills. I will be waiting to see you again." Pulling him lower until she could kiss his cheek, she let him go, climbing on the horse next to Aeldrid's, and slowly they left Rivendell behind, Rhyanna turning to wave one last time to her beloved friend before they rode out of sight, knowing however that they would meet again.

FINI!

(ooc: Thank you, all of you, who were a part of this thread. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did and I hope we can all rp together another time.)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email