Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans between 20 and 40!
on: August 27, 2008 04:01
Yes, imahobbit, I am 35 years old. But it is just a number to me.

And hi there, Merides! Welcome! I am so happy to see you again! It has been quite some time since last time. :hug:

I know nothing about Role-Playing. I am way too sensitive anyway, I think. I am the same way when I read. LOL! And I am so completely into the book that I "interact" with the people in it.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 09:37
I am 35 also. There are a few of us lingering around here, though I think we are probably the least represented age group on CoE. I don't know much about role play myself. We have a couple active rp threads in my realm so maybe I will give it a try someday.
Nice to see you all and hope that all is well.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 12:10
Role-playing is a great way to spend years... I've been RP-ing for about 2 years now, and love it. I prefer Forum RPs to Chatroom RPs, mainly because of the amount of detail allowed. I am well known for writing 'novels' for posts- lengthy, detailed, action-filled posts that take about 3-4 hours to write at times, lol!

The thing I love the most about RPs is that you don't know what the others are going to post. You have to wait for the situations to play out between your posts... for example, in Legacy of Ivirniel (sp?) I play the captain of the ship. I've had to deal with mutiny, murder charges, an insubordinate first mate... all played by the other players. It's a challenge, and very fun.

Dolwen, I highly recommend you try the RP's. You might jsut find out you like them!

35, huh? I feel young... but I try to act older than my age, most of the time. *grin*
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 05:33
35, huh? I feel young... but I try to act older than my age, most of the time. *grin*

Unlike me, who acts perpetually 14 most of the time (when I'm not acting 2)!

I've never really been big on roleplaying (sorry, Merides. :blush: ) I've never really understood it that much. It might be fun, but I guess I prefer to live here in the virtual semi-real world.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 05:37
I've never really been big on roleplaying (sorry, Merides. :blush: )
That's alright, Hobbitgirl. It's not for everyone. I just enjoy it more than the average person... and like to talk about it, lol!

How was everyone's summer?

I got a new job in March, and spent the summer learning it. I also got my first horse, and love her! I've spent the majority of my free time at the barn...

I also vollunteered for a special needs horse therapy program at our local YMCA. I started out working for the horses, but now, it's all about the kids. I love seeing the change that comes over them as soon as they mount (or are placed on) the horse. They go from being needy, needing to be cared for, to being the one in charge, responsible for the horse, their position, what choices they make. It's an amazing transformation.

This fall, I am attending art classes at the local college. I hope to advance my talent far enough to become a movie concept artist. Right now, though, I specialize in portraits.

So... how about you?
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 09:16
Hot and boring. I did absolutely nothing , but that is what I love to do, so....

Oh, I did do one thing, I got addicted to LOST. I spent the summer watching all the eps and now I have to wait the grueling five months till the season premiere. (AAAAUUUUGGGGHH!!!!) What's everybody else's favorite TV show?

That's so sweet, Merides! I know exactly what you mean. I volunteered at a school for children with autism last year and I intend to do the same thing this fall. The kids are so sweet and adorable! I missed them all summer and I'm glad I get the opportunity to help them again.

I'd like to take art classes. I draw, but I'm only good at cute little cartoon hobbits. (some of my stuff's in the Gallery.) I'd like to be able to do more realisitic things, or at least broaden my cutesy field.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: August 29, 2008 03:13
My summer was pretty boring as well. Took the kids to the beach and the park several times but that's about it. Lost is definitely my favorite TV show too. Started watching it the first day it aired. I hate the long waits between seasons too. Other favorite shows would be Heroes, Medium and Robin Hood.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2008 06:35
My summer has been a very tired one. I have been ill mostly - as usual... :rolleyes:

I try to write stories to my friends though - funny, romantic or whatever. Mostly a mix

I managed to sew another dress - which I needed since it is getting colder here. This is what it looks like:
I wear it every saturday (shabbat). (I do have long hair, but I braid it in two braids - with long ribbons - and encircles them around my head.)

Oh, in case you don't know: I've made all my clothes myself, and I wear nothing but medieval clothes. No pants, just dresses, shifts and over-dresses and mantles to go with it. I've made also a medieval sweatshirt for colder days. I do have a fur - sheep - but it is medievally styled.

Favourite shows...? I like watching CSI, Medium (but recently I haven't seen it), Midsummer Murders. I used to watch (when I could) also Xena and Robin Hood's Adventures. I also watched Young Hercules. But those series no longer run on the TV.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: September 01, 2008 04:28
Ooh! Raina, I love the dress! I might have to put an order in for one... What I wouldn't do to be able to get away with wearing only medieval dresses... *sigh* but it's usually over 100 degrees in the summer, and only about 50 in the winter... we barely need jackets... and a dress like that would smother me LOL! Oh, but it is so beautiful!

I cannot sew to save my life. Oh, I can put a button back on, or iron on a patch, but that's about it. I tend to draw, more than the other 'homey' works. *grin* I guess that's something I need to work on.

By the way, Raina, I love the new avatar!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2008 12:55
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :hug:

We have hot summers as well. This, I wear outdoors now (About 78 °F, I think.) 100° we have as well - on sunny spring- and summer-days. Even beyond, in the sun: 104-107.6°F . Our winters are anything between 10 (in rainy winters) and down to 3.2°F (in colder winters). Where I live, that is. North of Sweden has much lower temperatures in the winter (about -22°F sometimes).
I use linen for hot days or cotton. Wool in the winter and other chilly days. But I love warm weather and prefers it to be quite warm. For those who tend to get warm, linen and cotton are perfect choices! There are beautiful linen and cotton fabrics as well!

I love drawing! And writing! My pen-pals can tell you that... I cannot remember last time I wrote a short letter... (But I am limited to 6 A4 pages = 3 sheets. My mother told me so, as I am living with my parents and have no income of my own.)

And thanks! I thought this avatar suited my personality quite well. Just a pity that it is so dark! I wish it was much lighter.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: September 14, 2008 01:05
Nice dress, Raina!

Well, my 30th sucked royally. I had to go to the hospital to get my gall bladder removed. Then I spent the next two weeks at my dad's recuperating. Now I'm back (with a very handsome scar :rolleyes: ) and on a LOW-FAT DIET. :cry: :sob: I am no longer allowed to eat junk food. (I'm going to STARVE!!!) Sigh. Welcome to my thirties. I guess I was right to moan and complain about it after all, huh? My body decided to shut down due to old age RIGHT WHEN I TURNED 30. How ironic is that? PLEASE tell me one of you guys knows how I feel. I don't want to be the only one over 30 that's missing an organ and can no longer eat junk food.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 04:48
So sorry you have had such a bad time lately hobbitgirl. Yes, getting over 30 tends to suck. Your matabolizm slows down, have to watch what you eat and just don't have the energy you once had. I hope you will be feeling better soon. :hug:

Raina, that is a beautiful dress. You look very lovely in that picture.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 04:07
Hi All :wave:

My Summers been good in spots & bad in Spots. . . Hobbitgirl, commisserations on your hospital stay et: ~ I had one of those too, but as it was for diagnostic purposes it was probably shorter than yours.

To the Bad . . . I do know how you feel . . . I was diagnosed at the beginning of the Summer with 'Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma', a type of Leukemia and I'm having treatment at the moment, but it's not related to my 30's as I just turned 25 this year!!!

Hey, We'll be invalids-in-arms as we both recuperate, Hobbitgirl :hug:

It's not exactly a Secret ~ I revealed it to my friends and fellow Realm members in May, but I would appreciate discretion about the site.

To the Good . . . I am 4 months into a 6 month leave of absence from work which gave me the Summer days to spend with my daughter, who turned 4 in May, and this was a joy & delight to me. She normally spends her days in Montessori School . . . and I have so enjoyed being a stay-at-home Mum for this time.

Anyways, just wanted to say Hobbitgirl . . . you are not alone, and before this thing is over I may yet join you in losing one or more organs. et:

The Junk food . . . . :twitch:

Gorgeous as Ever, Raina!!!!!! :love:
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: September 16, 2008 05:26
Oh, Princess! :hug: Thank you so much!!

Wow, I have no right to complain about my lot in life now. Being on a strict diet and not being able to eat like a kid anymore is nothing when I think that other people have it worse than I do. At least I don't have diabetes (though I am cutting down on the sugar as part of my diet) or problems with my heart or kidneys or some other vital organ or even worse, cancer. I say this not to feel sorry for you, Princess. My mother was diabetic and she died of cancer. But you will get through this! I'll be cheering for you!

I'm starting to feel much better now. I'll be going back to volunteering at my school again within the next few days. Thanks for all your sympathies and well-wishes! :love:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2008 12:26
:hug: to Imahobbitgirl and PrincessPana! And thanks for the kind words!!! :love:

I wish you both my all best wishes!

Imahobbitgirl, i also have to think about what i eat. Not only junk food, but also other types of food makes me sick. Potatoes, eggs, tomatoes... They are just a few. Most citrus fruits, but lemon and grape I can still handle.

I am sick mostly, not likely to ever be back in health, which most of my friends have experienced as that means that I am away from here and from the congregation even, lying in bed. It makes me very sad, as I doubt that I will ever find true love, since I am more sick than healthy, and on top of it very old-fashioned in both ways and thinking as well as dressing. But I don't believe in changing personality to please someone... Oh well... If I have to live alone the rest of my life, I'll do it my way!

Anyway, life could be a whole lot worse. At least I can enjoy the sun, the rain, good friends :hug: (among which you are!) and my wonderful sons and I have sweet, kind and funny parents and the people in the congregation I belong to, are terrific. And every now and then, the family cat stops by and cuddles up... :love:

I am truly happy for you, Princess Pana, to be able to be with your daughter this summer! :hug:
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: October 06, 2008 06:14
So what's everybody going to do for Halloween this year? (If you celebrate Halloween) If not, what are you going to do this fall?
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2008 02:17
It'll be cool if elvish languages was part of foreign langaues in college. I woul take it right away.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 12:10
Guess what slipped off the first page? :banghead:

Come on, guys! Anybody out there that's still a "tween?"
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 12:19
22 would do?
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 12:59
Yep. You're in. (Just barely, bit you're in. )

Tell us a bit about yourself, Mirach.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 01:09
Who? <.< >.> Me?
Well, I study. Biology. Sometimes... But more likely you can find me writing, fencing, with friends, in the mountains, or, lately, on this site...
Yes, and I´ve written a poem recently and use this opportunity to ask for reviews
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 01:10
Hello you two ..... I'm still around too!!!!:love:
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 03:04
PRINCESS!!!! :hug: :love: I haven't seen you in like forever!!! What have you been up to?

I like to write, too. What kind of stuff do you write? Tell us your poem, Mirach. I'd love to hear it.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2008 11:14
Right now I'm writing a fantasy novel for NaNoWriMo, Heart of the Mountain. And I think the story won't end with 50k words. Beside that I write funny short stories and poems, mostly poems because you can think about them everyvhere. The poem I wrote is in the fanfiction section of this site, The White Tree. (And still no reviews...)
Dolwen
Send Message
on: December 29, 2008 08:45
Just stopped in to say Hi to all the tweeners. Hope you all had a good Christmas.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 09:47
Happy New Year :cheers: & Happy Holidays one & All!!!!

Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: January 01, 2009 10:50
Happy 2009, fellow Tweens!!! :wave:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 02, 2009 02:44
Hey all and happy 09! Just checking in to say I'm still alive, and that I got a promotion on the site, so to speak! I'm so excited to be the Humor Admin now! *grin*

I also wrote a novel for NaNo, called "In the Land of Fae" - a fantasy about faeries and humans. It ended up being 50,284 words and 118 pages long. Now to get it edited...
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 04:48
Hey! I fit in this category! Although, not for too much longer! I'm 35 now....so I'll be graduating to the senior's group soon I guess..
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 03:05
"Senior Group" hahaha... My mom would kill you for saying that 40's is 'Senior' lol! Today's her birthday, and she's a bit depressed...
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 03:29
Hi Donry and welcome to the tweeners thread. I am afraid I won't be hear much longer myself, I will be turning 36 in May.

Hi Merides How are you doing? Hope your mom's birthday turns out happy.
Donry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 04:53
Ah, tell your mom not to worry, 40 is nothing anymore...when I was younger, 40 was old, but not any longer! My brother is close to turning 40 now, he's not sure of it either though....easy enough to say it is nothing, when a guy is 5 years away I guess...
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 04:58
I guess at 21 I'm one of the young crowd around this thread... maybe it means I'll just have to keep it up when all of you 'graduate' to the old-timer's thread!!!

Dolwen- I'm doing pretty well. I've got some new artwork coming up soon on my Deviantart. Other than that, College and not much else. My mom had a great birthday, thanks for asking.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 05:48
Just Looking in to say Hullo .... :love:
Dolwen
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 03:33
Hi Pana :wave: How are things with you?