Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers Travels(free, only slightly scripted, see 1st post for general idea)
on: October 16, 2006 11:18
"Ianon of Dol Amroth" answered the young knight as a young girl entered, leading an elf. The ranger on the bed greeted the elf, clearly one of her band. Once again she asked for Nikun, mentioning a quest that she seemed eager to resume. Ianon knew the name. Nikun, the name of his brother, the brother who had left Dol Amroth many years earlier when he, Ianon, was a child. Nikun, the name on his mother's lips in her last illness. Nikun, the name his father had forbidden anyone to mention in his presence. Ianon vaguely remembered his brother; older, cleverer, a better swordsman, a better rider, laughing, joking, teasing him. He remembered the fights, the tears, the shouting and, finally, realising that Nikun was gone.

Now the errand boy had told him the healers wished him to see one of their patients. This ranger and her follower seemed to recognise him. He turned, "Excuse me, I am not Nikun. I trust you will find him in health and able to join you in your quest. Now I must leave you. The healers tell me there is one here I should see but from what you say, I am not sure I should meet him."

Ianon left the room. Laurithain and Pherphin stared after him. His resemblance to Nikun was strong, at least in looks. They were sure that Nikun would not have hesitated when given the chance to meet what must be his brother. They both realised how little they knew of Nikun's past. He talked to Diomedes, he talked to Cassandra but he had never spoken to any of them about his family, or where he came from.

Ianon paused in the passageway, considering where to go. Part of him wanted to go back and ask the rangers to tell him more of their companion. Part of him wanted to find the patient, who might be his brother. Part of him wanted to leave the Houses of healing, return to his companions and have nothing to do with this band of rangers.

He looked back into the room where Laurithain lay. They were clearly worried about their fellow ranger. He waited for some sign from the girl in the bed or from the elf.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Rangers Travels(free, only slightly scripted, see 1st post for general idea)
on: October 18, 2006 10:25
Pherphin shook his head. "Nay, I have only just escaped the walls of my room." He gestured to his broken ankle. "They wern't very happy at seing me up." He paused and glanced towards the door. He lowerd his voice. "What did that man want with a ranger? was he wondreing why we are here? I have told nary a soul."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 12:37
Ianon fingered the hilt of his sword, trying to decide what to do. His curiousity was piqued by the thought that his brother might be alive and in the Houses of Healing but his loyalty to his father made him hesitate. His father had declared Nikun dead many years earlier. He had formally disowned Nikun and acknowledged Ianon as his only son and heir. Ianon couldn't remember why his father had reacted in such a way. However, his father's orders were absolute and Ianon was not going to disobey. If his father had been in Minas Tirith then the healers might have sent for him. Ianon wished that he didn't have to make the decision. He turned towards the door leading back outside and walked towards it. He would do his duty to his father. No doubt this mysterious ranger was no relation of his, just some chance resemblance in face and name. Besides, what could be gained by meeting Nikun? The man would never be welcome back in Dol Amroth; there must have been some reason for his banishment. Best to let the past rest. Nikun was dead, let him stay that way.

Meanwhile, in his small room, Nikun tried to raise himself to a sitting position. He was tired of staring at the ceiling and the walls on either side of his cot. He could put no weight or force on his left arm. The chances seemed that he would never use it again. He wondered what life would hold for him now. He was safe in Minas Tirith, not far from his home. If he still had a home there. Besides, what would he do there now? His training had been in weapons. He would have been one of the Prince's knights, as his family had been for generations. It was a life he had given up; or one that he had thrown away. He'd seen far more of Middle Earth than he would have done as a knight of Dol Amroth. Perhaps it was more a different side of life. King Elessar had led his armies into the east and the south as well as north and the knights of Dol Amroth had always been in the vanguard. Perhaps his father had been with them and his brother must be old enough to have joined them by now. It was strange to think of the little squirt as a knight. Unless he'd learnt to hold reins and a sword at the same time he'd be better as a clerk. The child had no imagination either and no spirit. He always did just as he was told. He'd probably been killed in his first skirmish with a one eyed, one handed orc armed with a blunt sword.

Nikun lay back on the bed, wondering where the rest of Laurithain's band had gone. He wished they would come and see him before they left to continue the quest. It seemed inevitable that they would continue without him, unless they needed a clerk.

Just then, two of the healers entered. "Your friends are along the passageway and I'm sure you would be glad of a change of air and view. Shall we take you to them? We can carry you if you are still too weak to walk." They helped Nikun out of the bed and down the passageway to Laurithain's room. He was overjoyed to see Lauri and Pherphin sitting there but where was Tari?
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2006 11:19
Pherphin jumped up and helped Nikum to a chair. "How are you, mellon nin?" He smiled, trying to hold back a grimace from the pain of his broken ankle. He would have to move less quickly to avoid that. He was glad two of his friend were okay, but he would have to find the others soon. "What happened to you?" he guestured to his broken ankle. "I fell off of a horse, nearly got trampled." A slight movement in the corner of his eye caused Pherphin to look away from his friends. He guestured to the door. "If you healers are done here, I can take Nikum back to his room."

-------

Zee sat at the gate of the city, swinging her foot. She was frustrated and she didn't know what to do about it. "I can't face them,I've lost too many men." she whispered into the wind. Quietly, she made her way to the room her brother spent the night in, and laid a note on the table next to the bed. The contents of the note merely told him that she was alive, and that she would see him soon, hopefully. Zee had made sure that the note didn't say where she was going or why she was leaving. Pherphin would understand.

((edited to add in Zedna's pov.))

[Edited on 11/4/2006 by superlegolas]
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2006 05:36
OOC: Sorry it's been a while peeps! I haven't had computer time in forever! The rp is going well. Don't worry, Nikun, Lauri has no intention of leaving u behind . Due to the request of Vilya, tho, I am going to write what she wished me to do with her character.

Lauri sat up at the two friends of hers sitting in the room. She smiled to see both Pherphin and Nikun. When Nikun asked where Tari was, Lauri seemed puzzled. She thought back to the battle, and then it hit her. While Gaelilassia(spelling? I think it's wrong, lol) was bravely storming the troops, a stray orc arrow had pierced Tari's side, causing her to jerk up on the reins. Gaelilassia had reared up, allowing a spear of a goblin to pierce her. The arrow wound on Tari's side was not severe, but Gaelilassia had fallen back, crushing Tari. That was the last Lauri saw before she was swept away by the great group's retreat. Tari had died, and there was nothing anyone could do about it. Lauri came back to reality slowly, and shared her memory softly. Her face wrung with pain, and before she could stop herself, she wept into her hands. Once she had calmed, she asked them if they wwould be ready for travel in less than three days. She said a silent farewell to Tari, and waited for their answer.

OOC: I was on the phone w/Vilya(we're pen pals, lol) and she was unable to continue the rp, so she asked me to write a death scene that did her character justice. Fare thee well, Tari Celebrindal, we shall miss your company.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2006 12:02
Pherphin motioned to his ankle. "as long as I keep this wrapped tight, i'll be fine in 3 days." He bowed his head and prayed a silent prayer to the Valar for his friend. If only it didn't have to end this way.

((ok. welcome back! We'll miss VIlya, but you can't do everything. Tell her I said hi, next time you talk to her!))
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2006 12:24
Nikun gazed out of the window, fighting back the tears. He would miss Tari. They'd had some differences but he'd admired her bravery and determination. He'd been closer to Tari than to Lauri and Pherphin.
"Did they rescue her body?" he asked. "And Galelasa's? Please don't say she was left to the carrion birds and beasts."

Lauri's other question worried him. There was no chance he would be able to travel in three days. He had needed two healers to help him down the passage. He didn't think he could hold a sword in his right hand and he had almost no movement in his left arm. He had no reports on whether Diomedes had survived.

"Can you delay a few more days?" he asked. "I'll need some time to recover. I must see Diomedes. They tell me I may never again have the full use of my left arm. However, I learned to read and write as a boy. Can the group use a clerk? They say the pen is mightier than the sword. However, I was always better with a sword." He gave a wry smile. Bands of rangers had no need of clerks. Cooks, perhaps, but clerks, no.

(OOC - Goodbye, Vilya Undomiel and good luck. Perhaps we'll meet again in other characters.)
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2006 05:10
OOC: Vilya made a request about half an hour ago over the phone. This post is per her request...Oh, by the way, we were wondering, are u a boy or girl, Hanima, it was Vilya's question. Just curious, that's all. We're all girls, but we don't know for sure about you.

Lauri sat up in the bed. "Nikun, we could always delay the trip. You can come no matter what, plus we could really use you for writing the news once we reach the Shire, plus we would always miss your company." A person entered, and whispered in Lauri's ear. Lauri stood slowly, and said she would return shortly. Tari's body had been recovered. She walked to the houses of the dead, wanting to pay her last respects. She entered, unsure if any had followed her, and was suddenly knocked over by a running person. They stopped. "Are you Laurithain?" She nodded. "Tari was recovered, as you may have well heard, by the fact that you are here, but she is not dead! She is injured, but not gravely. She has internal bleeding, but it has subsided, and she will be alright." Lauri felt a miniscule twinge of jealousy, having noticed Nikun's tears being held back at the mention of Tari's death, and now that she was alive, she would captivate Nikun once again. She quickly stopped herself, though. Tari was alive that was all that mattered. She never would be glad someone was dead, and she attributed the jealousy to the sudden change of plans, and to what she had seen. She entered to see Tari, eyes wide open, lying on a blanket. She smiled genuinely from her heart. "It is good to see you, friend."

OOC: Yeah, Lauri's jealous, but that's how she normally is. Vilya is full aware, lol. Talk to you guys later!

Rivvy
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2006 11:51
Pherphin bowed to his companions and headed back to his room. His room was empty, but that didn't surprise him. He headed to his bead, and he was almost there, when he noticed the letter sealed with his sister's seal on his bedside table. he broke the seal and opened it.

'my dear brother,

I'm so sorry that I disappointed you. It was all my fault that the orcs tracked you. I never seem to do anything right. It should have been me, not them. I've left, don't expect me to come back for a long time. I feel like I have done to all these people what father did to us. i'm sorry.

Zedna'

Pherphin stared at the note in horror. It wasn't unusual for his sister to leave, but not in this condition.He laid down on his bed and fell into a troubled sleep.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2006 01:35
Left alone in Lauri's room Nikun continued to stare out of the window. He'd seen the look in Lauri's eyes when she'd seen his reaction to Tari's death. He hadn't realised how any of the group felt. It wasn't until he'd heard of Tari's death that he'd realised how he'd felt and he'd never noticed Lauri's jealousy before, nor would there have been cause. Now, with Tari dead, Lauri upset, Pherphin clearly worried about Zedna and Nikun's own injuries, he began to wish that those who could ride would move on, leaving him behind. Lauri's refusal to leave him was reassuring but how long would that last. He really wasn't sure he would be able to keep up. Lauri was still talking about a few days; Nikun knew it would be weeks. Would Lauri wait, especially if she thought it was Tari who'd kept him with the group.

He waited for somebody to return, certain he would never make it back to his own room unaided. One of the errand boys passed the door and, seeing Nikun sitting there, came in. "My lord, you were asking about the horse, Diomedes. He is well and tended in the stables with the horses of the king's knights and the knights of Dol Amroth. He is a fine beast. I wish I could have a horse like him." Nikun smiled, "He is a fine horse, we have been together for several years and he has saved my life on more than one occasion. Please, could you ask somebody to take me to him for I cannot walk that far without aid."

The boy ran off and returned with one of the healers. "Lord, I hear you wish to visit your horse. You should not think of leaving the Houses of Healing today. Your horse will wait. He is cared for, as are you. Now, come, we have news of your friends. The ranger, Lauri, is with another of your group who was badly hurt. We thought her dead but it seems she will live. After you have rested, you may be able to see them. Come, back to your bed." They helped Nikun back along the passage to his room and into the bed. "Drink this," said the healer. Nikun drank it and soon felt himself falling asleep. As he drifted into sleep the healer's words came back to him. "We thought her dead but it seems she will live." Perhaps Tari was alive after all. What would that mean for the group? How would it be now, especially as it seemed Lauri was jealous? She had no reason to be but that might not be how she viewed things.

He slept and woke to see a figure standing by his cot.

xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2006 05:45
Lauri had cared for Tari for several hours now, and was finally beginning to tire. She knew they had to leave soon, but she did not want to leave Nikun behind. Ever since her Fiancee was killed in an orc raid a year earlier, she had been fairly closed emotionally, and the budding friendships she was witnessing only forced her to close more. She wasn't really all that jealous of Tari, just jealous of the bond they had formed when her own had been severed so abruptly. She shook her head, deciding to move on. Of course Tari liked Nikun, what wasn't to like. He was a tough man, fearless and more deadly with a sword than anyone she'd ever met.

Lauri sat in a chair beside Tari. She put her head in her hands, and for the first time in months, wept. She realized how awful she'd been behaving, and how horribly her rangers had suffered for it, and now Tari was gravely injured. She had no right to interfere with Tari and Nikun, she knew she didn't want anyone to feel the pain that she had all those months ago. She stood, wiping her tears, and forcing herself to do a very difficult thing, she walked out the door and down the hall to Nikun's room.

Lauri entered the room and made her way to the cot where Nikun slept. He stirred, and opened his eyes. She knelt. "How are you feeling? I have...news of Tari." Nikun seemed confused, but only slightly. Lauri continued. "She...is alive. They recovered her. She will take some time to heal, so the trip will have to be delayed longer. That is not a bad thing, as you still need time to heal, and I am giving you an option, Nikun. Now that Tari is alive, will you continue with us? Not only for her, but for all of us...for me. We need you, Nikun, all of us do. You have a choice, as I was saying, to stay here in Minas Tirith, or to join us whenever we leave, although that may not be for a long while, seeing as how Tari's healing will take some time. What do you choose?" Lauri stopped for a moment ,then took a breath, and set her hand on Nikun's."Do not let me stand in the way of your choice...of anything." She hoped he took her meaning, that she would not interfere with he and Tari, if that is what he wanted to pursue. Laurithain Elronial waited for his answer...
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 01:14
Nikun felt the pressure on his hand, heard Lauri's words and struggled to wake up and understand what was happening. Tari was alive! Lauri wanted him to continue with the band! She was prepared to wait for him and for Tari. However, she seemed to regard Tari's life as a factor in his decisions. If the band would wait and if he could ride with them, he would go. He had no wish to remain in Minas Tirith for too long. The city was too confining. Like many rangers, he prefered the open country. Coming into the city for a few days in between missions was very different from lodging in and around the Houses of Healing for weeks.

"Lauri," he answered, "my loyalty is to the King and," he paused and stared at the wall before continuing, "to the Prince of Dol Amroth and to the leader of my company. That is you, Laurithain Elronial. If you wish me to follow you, if I can, I will; unless the King commands otherwise." Again he paused, "Or the Prince." It had been many years since he had acknowledged allegiance to the Princes of Dol Amroth, many years of travelling. He had openly acknowledged his loyalty to King Elessar but had never spoken to Lauri, or to Tari, of his youth in the city by the sea.
He continued, "I'm glad that you want to wait for me and for Tari. She will need another horse, unless you tell me Galelasa lives also. Perhaps the king will choose to send another band to The Shire. The halflings still need our help. How long will Tari need? What of Pherphin and Zedna? Is Zedna well?" He struggled to sit up. Lauri put her arm round him to help him. He winced as she touched his left arm. Nikun continued, "Whatever Pherphin may pretend, I'm sure his ankle is broken. He should let the healers see it, even an elf needs time to heal before riding after orcs. We should all ride together. You, Pherphin, Tari and me, with Zedna and her band too."

He paused, realising that Zedna had not been in Lauri's room with Pherphin, "Have you seen Zedna since we reached the city?"
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2006 05:10
Lauri spoke, hoping to encourage Nikun. "I saw Pherphin in my room, but I have heard nothing of Zedna. Tari will only need a week, two maybe. Galelasa lives, as I've heard. Pherphin''s ankle most likely is broken, I agree, but in two weeks he should be well enough to ride. A man named Ianon seemed to recognize your voice. I mistook him for you in my room, imagine that!" She chuckled, but her words seemed to trouble Nikun. "Have I said something that offended you? I am sorry if I have, I...I didn't think anything of...I mean...I'm sorry. What troubles you? It is alright if you don't want to tell me, Nikun." She hoped she hadn't messed up their companionship by her quick tongue...
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2006 02:10
Nikun stared at the wall or some time, trying to decide how to reply. He struggled to find the words. On one hand, he wanted to forget his family; on the other he felt he owed it to Lauri to tell her. She and her band had been his companions for some time and it was time she knew about where he came from. However, he couldn't tell even Lauri the full story.

"I had, have, a younger brother called Ianon. I haven't seen him for over ten years. He was little more than a child when I left home and we were never very close. The age gap was too great and we were so different. The things I found easy, riding, swordwork, things like that, were difficult for him. He had no balance, no eye and he was always afraid of getting hurt; so he took no risks. If our father or his teachers forbade some act, he would obey without question. I expect he is a knight of Dol Amroth now, as our father and grandsires were and as I would have been. I cannot see him as a knight though. He would make a better clerk."
He paused, considered for a while and then carried on.
"However, I should like to see him again. After all these years I should like to hear how my family fare. My father told me never to return and, in that at least, I have obeyed him." He grinned at Lauri, "There were many times when I did not. That is what caused the differences and, eventually, why I left Dol Amroth."

"Did it seem as if Ianon wanted to see me? I can only suppose he did not. From what you say, he knew I was here. Perhaps he came to see me whilst I slept and went away again. If so, he may return. Though what he will see of me now, I know not. He was always trying to keep up with me. Now, I am here, weak and with this damaged arm. He could beat me at swordfighting now."

Nikun looked at is left arm. It was set in a sling and had little feeling. "One of the orcs had a mace. He caught my arm as we escaped. I think the elbow is broken. I owe my life to Diomedes. He is the best horse a man could have. If he had not kept steady and carried me to the city I would be carrion by now. Lauri, please help me to the stables and then, maybe we can visit Tari."
He saw the look on Lauri's face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean ..." His voice trailed off. "It's just that, well, I thought she was dead. I would like to see her again, and Zedna, I wonder where she is." He laid his right hand on Lauri's arm, "Please, hold your band together and lead us out of here. If we're finished then I have nowhere to go."

He seemed close to breaking down, so different from the fighter he had been.

[Edited on 13/12/2006 by Hainima]
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 05:11
Lauri nodded. "I look forward to your companionship on our journey, and for sure we shall leave soon. Do you wish to see Tari and Diomedes? Here, let me help you." Lauri helped Nikun up, and he stumbled a bit, but she leaned against him for his support. They went first to the stables. Lauri was touched by how Nikun beamed widely when he heard Diomedes' neigh. He hurried to see his horse, and Lauri stood back a moment, unsure of what to do.

Nikun looked back at her, and she stepped forward. Diomedes turned his head, and met eyes with Lauri. She stepped forward and reached out to stroke his muzzle. He nickered, soft and low, and blew out his nostrils. She blew back, in elvish fashion, greeting him in his own kind's style. He rested his mighty head on Nikun's shoulder.

After a few silent moments, Nikun seemed to be ready to see Tari, and so Lauri led him to where they were keeping her. She stepped aside at the door, and gave Nikun a little nudge so as he would enter. She stepped in behind him, and walked to Tari's bedside. She was sleeping, and Lauri reached out to touch her hand to let her know they were there. Nikun held her back though. "Let her sleep a little longer," came his whispered reply. She nodded, and sat on the bedside. Nikun sat beside her, and she turned to him. "Has there been any news of Cassandra?" she asked.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 03:03
((just a note to tell you i'll jump back in soon.))
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2006 01:51
Nikun gazed down at the sleeping elleth. He was not sure he wanted her to wake up just yet. After all, he couldn't be sure what Lauri might have told her. Meanwhile, let Tari rest. Sleep and time would be the best cures for her. When she was further along the way to recovery they would all meet and plan for their departure. Perhaps soon Pherphin and Zedna would reappear. He hoped Zedna had survived. Some of what Pherphin had told them of his sister implied she might have taken their losses as her fault and gone away by herself, unwilling to face the rest of the group and convinced that they would blame her. He hoped this hadn't happened. Encountering an orc band was a risk the Rangers took. King Elessar had done much to eradicate the orcs but some bands still roamed. It was worrying to find them so close to the city.

Lauri asked him about Cassandra. He had no idea what had happened to her. She had been there as they fled from the orcs and might have followed him into the city. "I expect she's gone off by herself. She stays with me whilst it suits her. I was surprised she came back last time but I doubt she'll have remained. We could look for her in the mews with the other hawks, just in case somebody caught her," he replied. "Is Elwe there?"

Meanwhile, out in the mews, Ianon of Dol Amroth stroked the feathers of his kestrel and eyed the imperious falcon on a nearby perch. "To whom does she belong?" he asked the keeper.
"She came in when that band of rangers arrived," the man answered. "I expect she belonged to one of them. I managed to bring her to hand for she's a beautiful bird and would be a great loss to her owner. I don't know if he survived. Nobody's come asking for her. We'll keep her here if we can and hunt her with the others if she'll obey. I expect she's been used in battle. Do you think the Prince would take her? She's worthy of such a home."

Ianon stretched out a hand to the bird who ruffled her feathers at him. "I'll inquire. If her master does not claim her, perhaps the Prince will, or my father was looking for a falcon. We'll find her a home."

Meanwhile Nikun and Lauri remained by Tari's bed, watching her gentle breathing and waiting to see if she would wake.
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 06:39
Lauri looked at Nikun. "Elwe has arrived, he was reported to me as having arrived at the city some time before us. He was kept with the other hawks. I pray that Cassandra will be found safely." Lauri looked up as Tari started to stir. Lauri stood, and placed her hand on Nikun's shoulder. "I will leave you in peace to speak with her." She turned, and walked away. She went to where she had seen Elwe last, and found him perched happily beside...Cassandra! She was indeed back. She spoke quickly with the keeper of the birds, and he gave her permission to take Cassandra to Nikun. She held out her arm, and Cassandra happily hopped onto her wrist. Elwe perched himself upon Lauri's shoulder, and Lauri set off for Tari's room. She entered, but stopped quickly. She seemed to have interrupted a whispered conversation between Nikun and Tari, and it seemed his hand was on hers. She stood there a moment before Tari noticed her. Nikun turned, and Cassandra ruffled her feathers, spread her wings, and flapped over to where he sat. She perched herself on his wrist, and rubbed her head on his other, outstretched hand. Lauri turned to leave, but a quiet, whispered voice said, "Wait." She turned to see who had spoken.

OOC: Hmmm...who should it be, asking Lauri to wait. 1st one to post, be it Nikun or Tari, you decide! I seriously doubt it was Cassandra, lol. Let's get this show back on the road! Happy New Year y'all.
Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 03:44
Tari stared at the darkness with deep sadness. She figured when she died it would be a bright, happy, heaven like place. She became extremely in tune with her body and could feel the blood trickling inside but didn't feel it on her skin. She suddenly realized she wasn't dead, only dying. She could feel her faint heartbeat in every little inch of her body. She began hearing voices. "She's not dead. She's breathing. I can feel a heartbeat." The voices started making sense, they were talking about her. She willed herself to open her eyes just as a two pairs of hands picked her up and started to move her. She was hit with a bright light that she assumed was the sun. The light disappeared as the people carrying her walked inside a building. From what she could understand she was being moved into a room with a soft and warm bed, for that she was grateful. Only one of the people that carried her into the room stayed. The person gave her some medicine and soon she was in a deep sleep. She dreamt of many things. She dreamt of the battle, her friends, her family, her company and so many more things that were very unpleasant. The next time she woke there was a faint breathing that was different from her own. She gradually opened her eyes and there sat Nikun. His eyes widened as he realized she was awake. Before Tari could speak, Nikun handed her some much needed water. She gulped greedily as she tried to sit up. The bleeding had lessened, she could feel it in her bones. Once the glass was empty she licked her now wet lips and spoke. Even though she had just had water her voice still cracked when she spoke. Nikun just waited until she was ready. She smiled at him glad to herself that he was the first person she saw when she awoke. She looked up at him in the eyes as she said thank you in a voice barely above a whisper. He just laid a hand on hers and said your welcome in a gently squeeze of the hand.
"Are you okay?" he asked gently. But before she could answer she was interrupted by someone walking in and Cassandra landing on the wrist that held his and Tari's in place. She smiled as she recognized it as her dear friend, Lauri. As she realized that her longtime friend was going to leave her she gently croaked, "Wait." She wouldn't let her friend leave so soon.

(o.c.c. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I've been really busy. I've been busting my butt working on school, home, other projects and the biggest project of all, the school musical. Hope you guys are having an excellent new year!! I'll talk to you guys later. -Tari)
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 11:28
Pherphin opened his eyes. He picked up the letter by his bed and left his room. he wasn't quite ready to go back to the others. Carefully he limped to the healers.

as he entered the room, the healers looked at him strangly. her was the one person who was avoiding them the most, coming for their help. "I give in. fix it." he sat down and let the healers get to work.

it took alot of work of his ankle, but they were able to get it braced so it would heal faster. tehy gave him a crutch so he wouldn't have to put much weight on it, then sat him down to tell him what he could and couldn't do.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 01:36
Nikun fought back a scream of pain as Cassandra landed on his left arm. He almost fell onto the bed but managed to steady himself with his right hand. The falcon hopped onto the head of Tari's bed and sat there, glaring at him. "Sorry, my girl, that arm won't bear you," he said. It was ridiculous, he thought, how long would it be before his left arm recovered? He needed one hand for a sword and one for Cassandra. It didn't help that he normally wore a thick leather guard on his left wrist to protect himself from Cassandra's talons. He realised that he had no idea where most of his outer clothes were. His leather jacket, arm guards and sword belt had vanished, as had his sword and knives. He hoped they were somewhere in the Houses of Healing.

He followed Tari's gaze to where Lauri stood in the doorway. "Don't go Lauri." He smiled at her. "We're nearly all together again." He turned back to Tari. "Stay there and rest. We need you to be well again. Now I know where you are, I'll come back and visit you again." He laid his hand on her shoulder.
"Do you remember what happened? I must admit my memory of the battle is a little vague. I do think we're all lucky to be alive though. The strange thing is, I'm sure there were others; I mean, besides Pherphin and Zedna and her band. We seem to have caused a lot of trouble. Lauri, have you heard if there were others who helped us escape? Do we know what happened to the orcs?"

"Tari, I wonder when you'll be able to get up? Then, we'll spend a while in the city before we move on.Perhaps I'll ..." He paused and Lauri noticed the faraway look in his eyes, the look she'd seen when he told her about his brother, "Perhaps we could journey to Dol Amroth. Then come back here. Yes, perhaps I could show you where I lived. Provided we don't meet my father it should be a good visit."

Lauri and Tari looked at him, both wondering if "you" meant both of them or one of them and, if so, which one. Although, of course, it was Cassandra he'd called "my girl".
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 03:05
Lauri looked at Nikun. " The orcs were destroyed. I have not seen Zedna recently at all. In fact, I haven't seen or heard from or of her from Pherphin. There were others, yes, who helped us escape, and I fully intend to try to find them and thank them. We...at least, I should speak for myself...I would very much enjoy visiting Dol Amroth with you, Nikun, and would also enjoy seeing where you used to live. Tari, would you enjoy seeing the places as well?" Lauri felt stupid. Of course she would she thought, but she waited for her answer.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 01:38
Nikun stretched out his hand to Lauri. "Thank you. I'm glad you want to come. My family has a fine house there but we will not be able to visit it. I've never asked before, do you know Dol Amroth? I've seen so much of these lands over the last few years. I love the wild lands and the fragrance of Ithilien but, like the elves, I long for the sea. As soon as we can ride, we'll leave. It will be good practice for our journey towards the Shire."

He smiled at Tari, "Is it safe to take an elf to the sea?"

Reaching his hand to his face, he rubbed his chin. "I need a shave, a beard never did suit me. Yes, a shave and to have my sword and knife back. Oh, yes," he said to Cassandra," and my wrist guard to keep your talons out of my arm."

"Tari, will you come with us or will you wait here?"

[OOC: Sorry it's so short. Not feeling too inspired and the character's still recovering. Maybe we'll be back off on the travels soon?]

[Edited on 10/2/2007 by Hainima]
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 09:40
Pherphin entered the room, ashamed to show the others he had given in. It was akward walking with his crutch, but he tried to make ther best of the situation. He limped over to Lauri, and held out the letter from his sister. unbidden, a tear ran down his face. He turned and walked back out the room to the walls of the city.
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2007 04:38
Lauri took the letter from Pherphin with a look of concern, skimmed it, told the others what she had read, and then stood, leaving Nikun and Tari alone. She walked out to where Pherphin was. She stepped up behind him slowly, and placed a hand on his shoulder. She could see the tear that had fallen was drying slowly, and she reached out and brushed it away. "It's not your fault, you know," she said, "it was her choice."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 01:33
Nikun watched Lauri leave the room, following Pherphin. He turned back to Tari. "Pherphin is clearly upset. He's been very secretive since we arrived here and now this news of his sister."

One of the healers entered the room. "What is that bird doing in here? This is a place for tending the sick, not a mews or a menagerie. This patient was seriously injured. How can you expect that your friend will ever recover if you bring a bird in here, making a mess, dropping feathers and bringing in all sorts of parasites? Take it out at once!"

Cassandra ruffled her feathers and hissed. Nikun picked up a cloth, wrapped it round his arm and picked up the falcon. "I'll return Cassandra to the mews and see if I can find Pherphin. Will you sleep now Tari? Take care of yourself. I'll be back later."

He left the room and walked down to the mews where he returned Cassandra to her perch. The falconer watched him. "She's a fine bird, master. We were wondering who her master was. Have you had her long?" Nikun replied that he had had Cassandra for nearly two years. "There have been times when I thought I'd lost her bu she always returns. I'm glad she's safe here. May she stay until we move on? One of my companions is sick, another seems to be missing the others are still recovering and I could not ride far, nor carry her."

He left the mews and walked towards the walls where he could see Pherphin and Lauri. He did not notice Ianon of Dol Amroth come round the corner and walk off in the opposite direction. Nor did Ianon notice him.

Nikun joined Pherphin and Lauri on the wall. "Pherpin, how can we help you? Can we go after Zedna?" he asked.

[Edited on 22/3/2007 by Hainima]
Vilya_Undomiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 03:33
Occ: I can't post right now. Just please do me a favor......pray for me. I'm under a lot of stress and more has been added to it today by the fact that I have injured my knee and we don't know what's wrong yet. So just keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Hey, Lor....if you can I give you permission to take control of my character until I can actually post. I'll try to soon but, depends on how I feel. I'll talk to you all later.

Robin
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 01:15
Pherphin shook his head. "Once she makes a decision, it's final. She's always been that way. She hasn't talked to our father for many a year since she made a decision not to." He stood up as best he could and wiped away his tears. he was trying to be strong for the others. "We must continue on our journey as soon as we can."
xxrivendelldaughterxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 02:44
Lauri was standing patiently by Pherphin while he regained his composure. Nikun walked up behind them and spoke. Lauri listened to Pherphins reply. As it seemed Nikun agreed, Lauri spoke to a healer. She turned with a joyful look. "We have the healers approval on Tari getting up and leaving with them. "When?" she asked the healer. "Tomorrow, if need be. If I may, I will make a suggestion, though: take a cart to pull behind a horse. It will be cumbersome and slow, but it's better than horseback, and better than not leaving at all. I recommend that Pherphin also be allowed to ride alongside her for around an hour in the cart until his ankle starts recovering." Lauri agreed. "And what of Nikun?"

The healer smiled. "I have herbs that will ease the pain and allow him to ride for around half a day. Then you must rest once, along with sleeping time of course." Lauri nodded and turned to Nikun. "I will tell Tari the news. If you wish, you may go gather your things." The healer gave Nikun the herbs, and the group hurried off to pack. Lauri walked back to Tari's room.

~*~*~*~*~*

Tari lay in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She wondered when the others would be returning, but before she had time to give it a second thought, footsteps were heard in the hallway. Lauri entered. Tari smiled. "What news have you? Shall we go after Zedna?" Lauri shook her head. "No, but we can leave by tomorrow!" Tari's heart fell. They were leaving her after all.

Lauri continued. "The healer says we are to hook up a cart to a horse and pull you for a few days until you are completely recovered. Pherphin is to ride with you for about an hour a day until his ankle feels better. We can leave first thing in the morning. The others are packing as we speak, and I can gather your things as well." Tari smiled, and Lauri started packing...
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 12:13
Nikun returned to his room to start packing. "Pack what?" he thought to himself. "All my things have disappeared. I have a shirt and trousers and a horse and a falcon but no sword, no knives, no jerkin, vambrances or gauntlets." He saw one of the healers, "Excuse me, can you tell me where my kit has gone? We have permission to leave tomorrow and I must prepare." The healer offered to fetch the kit from the storeroom and walked off down the corridor. Nikun sat on the bed, looking out of the window. He was concerned about continuning towards The Shire. They had nearly been overcome by orcs when they were strong but now; with Tari and Pherphin in a cart and himself only able to continue with large doses of pain-killing herbs, they would stand no chance if they encountered more orcs. They needed more people with them, perhaps even a few soldiers. After all, if The Shire needed help, the King should send a few of his men-at-arms.

The healer returned, carrying Nikun's kit. Nikun took the sword, drew it from its scabard and tried a few practice swings with it. He checked the knives and the clothes. His spare kit was in his saddlebags but had clearly been laundered. He thanked the healer and, leaving the bags on the bed, they both left the room. Nikun took his sword and knives with him and walked across to the stables to check that Diomedes was ready.

The horse was standing in his stall and wickered a greeting as he saw his rider. Nikun stroked his neck, reached for a brush and began to groom the horse. Suddenly, he became aware that somebody was watching him and turned round to see a man standing there. His heart missed a beat as he realised who this was. The man looked at him then turned and walked away. Nikun stared after him, unsure whether to follow.

After a moment, he left the stable and found Lauri and Pherphin coming to look for him. "I'm glad we're leaving so soon," he said. "I've just seen my father. He refused to acknowledge me. I'm going back to the Houses of Healing. Tomorrow, we ride for The Shire."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email