Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: From Mirkwood On (see O.O.C. to join)
on: November 13, 2006 11:57
Pherphin shook his head and pushed past. "I cannot. I must attend to her as much as I can." Pherphin grabbed the pot of water, and carried it out, dumping it into the bushes.

((please excuse Pherphin's stubberness, and my short post!!))
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 15, 2006 05:37
(No prob!)

Ardinlas grabbed Pherphin's arm and looked into his eyes. "You need to rest. If you do not, you will be too worn to do much of anything and be no help to your sister at all! Believe me, I know this from experience. If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot care for your sister to the best of your ability!"
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2006 10:52
Pherphin glared at her for a moment. "fine," he said. He set the pot down and laid a blanket on the floor next to his sister. he laid down and immediatly fell into a deep sleep.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 12:36
Ardinlas watched Pherphin fall asleep. She was relieved there hadn't been too many hard words between them; she couldn't handle being in an argument with a close friend. Sighing, she looked over his sister and began to tend to her carefully. Ardinlas had healing skills enough to tend to wounds such as the ones that Pherphin had. She tended to the girl to the best of her ability, and hopefully it would be enough to help rather than hinder her.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 12:40
After Earendil placed the elleth on the pallet she went back to the gate to take up her place among the defenders. She was among a dozen archers and another dozen swordsmen.

They would try to stop the orcs with only arrows it would mean less injuries amoung the defenders and the orcs would not be able to attack the women and children.

Earendil was shocked when the orcs stopped out af arrow range. This was unusual. Then one of them came forward under a flag of truce. The rest stayd back but appeared ready to rush at a moments notice.

The orc who came forward spoke haltingly in common "give us the ones that just came inside your gates and we wil spare your village."

Every one on the wall waited with bated breath.

The one who wanted to turn them away in the first place was loadly yelling that they would kick out the new comers in a few minutes. But another vioce silenced him and called to the orc, "we do not turn wounded over to the likes of you. Go back to leader and tell him to come and get them IF you can."

Then the orc took off as fast as his legs would carry him. He was only a little over half way back when the rest of the orcs started running for the wall.

The battle cries from both sides were very load and angry from the orcs.
Once they were in range the archers started shooting. Earendil right a long with the rest

after 3 round of arrows the orcs stopped their numbers cut in half already. They turned and ran then. There was time for a couple more arrows from most of the archers.

The orcs stopped out of range of the arrows and mingled. There was one who lived that seamed a bit larger then the rest. It was calming and directing the remaining orcs.

The orcs went about setting up camp not too far out of range of the arrows.

Many of the men were upset that the orcs seamed ready to wait them out.

Earendil went to the leader. "please let me know if there is any change or if any action is to be taken I will lend an arrow were I can. Now I need to go check on the 2 wounded that arrived with me"

Then she walked back to the hut with Ardinlas, Pherphin and his sister.

She spoke very quietly to Ardinlas. "We seam to be safe for the moment. Over half the orcs are now dead the remainder are camping our of arrow range. We will be informed if anything changes."

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 02:52
Ardinlas sighed with relief. "That is good to hear, Earendil. I wish I could be out there, but I have no bow or quiver, and besides," she added ruefully, "I need to be here to look after the girl, and Pherphin, for all his reluctance as well. But," her hazel eyes turned as hard as stone for a moment, "if there is any need for me to be outside, come get me immediately. I ask this one thing of you."

Ardinlas sat back in her chair and ran a hand through her hair. She was exhausted, having not slept in roughly two days, but she would not let weariness get to her. "Have our side any plans to overcome the orcs? And exactly what happened out there?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 02:10
Earendil sighed haeveily. "im sorry ardinlas but at this point the men seem to be upset and confused. Thye arent makeing plans as of yet. I asked them to let me know what they would do before they started and i would lend a bow and or sword as needed. I assume that if they need swords you will help as well."

After Ardinlas answered Earendil put a hand briefly on the half elf's shoulder. "you, my freind look exhausted. You must rest at least for a bit, otherwise when you are needed you will not be up to the task. I will watch over all three of you for at least an hour. That is the smallest time I will accept you sleeping for."

Then Earendil spread out a bed roll and stepped a way. Then she stood and pointed to it, looking at Ardinals.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:36
Ardinlas bowed her head in resignation. "Very well. I had the same argument with Pherphin only a moment ago." She went to the bedroll, and exhausted by everything that had happened, fell asleep immediately, and was only awakened when a loud crash sounded throughout the room.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 12:39
It had barely been an hour. A nice quiet hour with three sleeping in the small hut.
When.

when a loud crash sounded throughout the room

The door had slammed against the wall and stood open. A large man stood there with a snarl on his face.
He pointed to Earendil, "You B****!!! I have suggested to the Captain that you be put out side the gate and we let the orcs have you. The elves ,"with a sneer and a lear at the elleth and the half elf, "as well, unless they are a lot more friendly then you. The Captain had desided to talk to you first. He wants the orcs gone. That is the best solution. You wont come up with a better one."

Earendil sighed,she had not wanted to have his ill feeling endanger the wounded elleth. She had no doubt that Ardinlas would not make it easy on either the orcs or the men, as such was less worried about her.

Earendil spoke, "tell me, boy, were is the gathering happening,"

He reluctantly told her were it was and left, growlingly.

Earendil looked at Ardinals, "it looks like your sleep has been cut short. Let us hope the captain can see a better solution then that. I will only happen if we preesnt it. We had better go."

She got up from her seat and started for the door to go to the meeting.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 12:50
Ardinlas smiled ruefully and commented, "I would have had a few choice words with yon man, had I been able. He doesn't seem to like us much." She looked at the sleeping figures of their companions. "I shall ask the lady of the house to watch them for I do not trust many here."

Earendil and Ardinlas left the dwelling towards evening and walked through the village to where the captain of the guards was located. They entered the building and were met with either lustful looks, curious gazes, or sneers. "I should have expected this," Ardinlas whispered to Earendil. "It is apparent that they have never seen lady warriors before."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 01:51
Earendil whispered to Ardinlas, " I should have warned you my friend, these men like to think that females are good for little but wives or the like."

Then Earendil spoke to the leader, "it is imperataive that the orcs learn that this village will not surrender human or elves to them. Other wise they may try to do the same thing at other villages." There was a general murmer of acceptance.

Then Earendil continued not load but firm, "to give into personel feelings instead of doing what is right will not stop the orcs from trying worse in the future. " To this there were many yes's voiced in the crowd.

Earendil knew this was were things would get difficult. "all that truly remains is to deside how to deal with the orcs. Are they allowed to live and attack anyone coming and try sneaking in at night or are the worriors going to go out and kill them for the safety off all. "

Earendil paused, to call them worroirs would increase their likelyhood of wanting to kill the orcs. "Every one of you knows what I can do with a bow and arrow, plus the fighter at my side is very good with a sword and we will both join you in distroying the orcs."

Then she waited. The leader looked around. There was only one mae who did not nodded at his glance. The leader spoke, "since we only have one who has not changed his mind and the rest of you are willing to fight. I say, we fight."

This brought a growl from the man who had came to the groups hut.

The leader continuted, "WE will head out for the orcs in half an hour and be back inside the gates before dark. It wil lbe a short battle."

Then he went to the door. As he went by the angry man he roared, "I will not fight to save these few outsiders".

The leader shruged and kept going.

The angry man tried to make the others change their mands back and not fight. He had not great luck, but a couple of the younger men were much less willing to fight in a mater of minutes.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 12:31
Ardinlas glared at the rebel and decided to settle matters. "If you think that we arrived here to endanger you, sir, you are sadly mistaken," she said sternly. "You would have been in danger anyways regardless of what would have happened. For all of the rest of you who would not fight because there are women among you, then let the best of them have a bout with me. I will best any of you and make you review your opinions. I am not as softhearted as my companion, but I am not unkind. Fight with us, and I will the enemy pay thricefold for any damage they have caused here." Her tirade done, the warriormaid stepped out from the place and into the fresh air.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 03:09
Earendil was about to follow Ardinlas when one of the younger warriors finally spoke up. "Is your freind has good as she sais or is she boasting?"

Earendil lookd him in the eye, " almost all of you know of my bow skills. I promise you that Ardinlas has sword skills which are equal to my bow skills. So you deside." Then she walked out.

The young man looked around to one of the older men who nodded, "she spoke the truth abput her skills, so it is likely in my opinion that she spoke the truth about her friend a well. "

He hit the younger one on the back, "come lets get to the gate. I would like to see a few men left behind in case some of those cowardly orcs make a break for the village."

Then the 2 went to the gate. The leader, Ardnlas and Earendil were already there.
Once there he spoke to the leader, "I for one would like to leave at least a half dozen men behind in case some of the orcs make a break for the village."

ooc- ill leave that one up to you. Lets get out on the battle field soon.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 04:44
Ardinlas agreed with the man. "I agree with you." Her gaze turned to Earendil. "My friend, it would be better for you to stay here with them, I am thinking. But the choice is yours alone. Your archery skills exceed theirs. No offense to you, good sirs, but I speak the truth," she added, inclining her head respectfully. "I will help lead the charge against them. And I promise you that they will be defeated."

Ardinlas went to the top of the wall surrounding the village and surveyed the horizon. She saw dark figures slowly approaching the village, and her blood rose. "We need to meet them in battle about now!" the half-elf called from the wall. "They are coming nigh upon here soon!" Her eyes narrowed angrily as the foes approached.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 09:18
Earendil nodded. It took less then one minute for the attack to be set. Earendil along with the evil man and five others would gaurd the gate.

The rest headed out for the approaching orcs.

The orcs had been worked into a fine rage by their leader and were fighitng fiercely.

The fact that there was only about 20 of them against about the same number of men Earendil knew the battle would not take long. She hoped casulties omoung the humans would be minimal.

Her attension was directed completely on the battle watching carefully for any orcs breaking this was.

The evil man any grinned he was paying no attension to the battle. His grin was a leer at Earendil, he was hatching a plot if ever anyone was.

superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 03:10
Pherphin tossed and turned in his sleep. finally he woke up. it was not yet dark, and he could hear a battle going on, so he picked up on his sword and went outside. He naturally went towards the battle, following ahabit of his. he went towards the walls, reading himself mentally for the battle.

As Pherphin walked, he noticed the glares and unfriendly looks he was getting from the people of the town. 'They mustn't like elves,' he thought. he touched the patch over his eye. 'or mayber its this.'
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2006 07:16
The battle raged on the plain but there was no doubt from the begining that the men would win.

Earendil was not too concerned about the battle but about any orcs who tried to rush for the village.

Then she 3 orcs sliping toward to village. The others were paying little attension to the field.

When they were near to being in range they sank down into the grass to hide from view.

Earendil cursed. Then explained what was going on to the men at hand. But she wasnt sure where the 3 orcs were exactly.

Some time passed and with out warning all three jumped out at the 6 defenders.

The younger 3 gaurds were shocked and fell back a good distance. The evil man made sure Earendil was between him and the orcs. The last guard stood with Earendil.

THe 2 fought the three orcs, because they were too close for arrows now Earendil had to draw her sword and drop her bow.

It was a tight fight they had managed to take out the first 2 orcs. When there was a sudden explosion in Earendil's head, from behind even though all enemies were infront of her.
Every thing went black and she slumped to the ground.

The evil man was grinning broading now, with a large rock in his hand, which he proptly threw at the last orc. Which distracted him enough so that the other gaurd could kill it.

The evil man spoke. "The b*** is down move her body out side of the gate and let us hope the rest of the group falls just as easily."

The fighter looked surpirsed to see Earendil laying on the ground.

(( I will leave free for Dinenlasse to post the battle. and superlegolas to deside if he saw this or not. I most like will not post again until tues evening)
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 31, 2006 04:45
Ardinlas' sword wreaked havoc among the enemy as she charged into battle on Shadow. Her fury was great, but her blood was not as roused as she was known for. The men that fought with her obeyed most of her commands without fail. Ardinlas was a skilled strategan, and there was no doubt in her mind that they would prevail. She knew nothing that would happen among those back in the village; she knew not that Earendil had fallen.

The battle was over in a matter of two or three hours. There were no orcs to be seen around, and only when Ardinlas and the rest arrived triumphant in the village did she notice that something was dreadfully wrong.

(Sorry I didn't post too much about the battle...Earendil's fall can become something a bit more important, I think.)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 12:55
As the fighters aproach the evil man was still trying to convince the warrior to throw Earendil out side of the enclosure.

There was still no sign of movement from the female.

((sorry not much I can do.))
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2007 12:43
"What do you think you're doing, eh?" a large man stood in front of Pherphin.

"Hey, you're the one who came in with the girls." another said.

'Maybe you're who they want. Let's just give you back."

Pherphin turned to run, but found that he was surrounded. The men grabbed him and drug him towards the gate.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 09:29
The evil man grined at the site of Pherphin being draged to the gate."Well boys that makes 2 of 4 being gone. Next we grab the other girly in the hut. May we'll have a bit a sport with the 2 females." Followed by a laugh that was very evil.

The honorable fighter from the gate spoke up,"NO! the injured one will be left alone uder the care of old Magdon until the cap'n gets here. From what I can see that will be in a few minutes"

The evil man stopped trying to drag Earendil through the gate and dropped her. Her blond hair now had a good sized red spot on the back.
Mr evil continued,"with a bit of luck the mouthy wentch fell in battle then they will all be gone within the hour." His leer at Earendil was not hidden at all.

With in a couple of minutes the party of attackers was back. the captain spoke, "the orcs are all dead. We are safe."

Only after that did the crowd part and show Earendil lying face down in the dirt with the blood on the back of her head.

The evil man spoke, "so I take it the miss load mouth fell, just like i knew she would, now we can throw the rest out. Only one left in the village even now."

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 11:33
"So I take it the miss load mouth fell, just like I knew she would, now we can throw the rest out. Only one left in the village even now." Ardinlas entered the village through the gate and cried out after she had heard the remark, "There isn't just one in the village, my good sir, and I would have a bout with you for you do not seem to think that women are capable fighters." Her tone was conversational, but in her eyes was an icy hatred. She raised Wyndfar meaningfully. She kicked Shadow into a gallop and scattered the crowd. The half-elf halted the stallion by Pherphin and dismounted. "Any who come near him will die. I have had enough of such utter disrepect for those who sought shelter here. And so I say again, let all who think they can best me challenge me now, and I promise that they will all die!" There was no hiding the dangerous tone of Ardinlas' voice now. She meant business.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 08:15
The evil man who had started this took off as soon as Ardinlas drew her sword. The rest of those he had talked into helping him backed off as well.

The captain spoke loadly,"you should all be ashamed of your selves. Good honorable folks come to us for rest and recovery and you treat them like this."

The captain shook his head and dismounted, "we are not all like him, he prays on the weak and gullible. I will personally swear to keep you and your friends safe. Earendil and yourself have proven well, how good a fighters woman can be. You both have my respect."

Then he looked around, knowing Earendil, he knew it was not like her to let that horrid man or his brother have such an easy time of things.

At that moment there was a moan from the ground not far from where they stood. Earendil rolled her head partly to the side but kept her eyes closed and moaned again. She was in a lot of pain and she way trying to figure out why.

The captain went straight to the sound not sure for a few steps what it would be. His look of shock when he sees Earendil is unmistakeable.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:37
"I should hope that any in this place have respect for women," Ardinlas said harshly, eyes ablaze. Then she heard a moan coming from the ground somewhere near her. The half-elf pushed her way through the crowd and found Earendil on the ground. "Earendil, mellon! What happened?" Ardinlas made her way over to the fallen elf, Shadow alongside her, whinnying anxiously.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 08:11
Earendil moaned, "what..." She slowly opened her eyes. "Oh, I hurt. There is no logical reason for me to be on the ground."

She puts her hand on the back of her head. She goans at the contact. She pulls her hand back and sees the blood.

She looks confused. "there were no orcs behind me. Only him" Her tone makeing it plan she was talking the man how started the problems before.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: February 23, 2007 12:09
Ardinlas helped Earendil to her feet. "I sent the one scurrying. Obviously he wants not to have a joust with a warrior, albeit a woman!" Her spirits were rising slightly; battle was done for now. "And what shall we do meantime? I haven't seen Pherphin for a while. Where did he get to, do you know?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 05:43
Earendil looked at her freind, "i have not seen him. He was not here when I was hurt." Her head still hurt and she was moving slowly.
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 09:43
Pherphin turned and stared at what was coming. he was in a bad situation. Orcs coming to the city, and foes of elves in the city. He had to get far away. He dashed to the closest trees and took up a perch in the top of one of the trees.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email