Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
Post can someone explain to me how this works??
on: January 20, 2006 01:10
good lord, i cannot figure out what roleplaying is, what the point is, and yadayada. it's kinda hard for me to understand.... :bandhead: can someone help me??

i'll give you an invisible cookie!!

dramatically, ecumenically, gramatically,

Astalder :angel:

LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: can someone explain to me how this works??
on: January 20, 2006 01:55
It's like you're writing a story. You control one character and so do several other people. You interact within the confines of the setting, realistically hopefully. I believe there is a thread set up that details this.... Most likely in the TR ((Tolkien Related)) board. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. Hope this helps!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 01:56
Astaldar,

Perhaps this thread will help you understand not only what a RPG game is all about but how to begin one as well. Be sure if you decide to join the mayhem of RPG posting, you also read this as well.

Hope this helps some. Feel free to ask for further information from any one of the mods if you need more.

BerethEdhellen

[Edited on 20/3/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 03:56
thank you!!!!!!! :heart: :heart:

*gives repliers a cookie* :love:

dramatically, ecumenically, gramatically,

Astalder :angel:
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 01:55
Check out this guide too, it's got everything you need to know
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 21, 2006 07:34
FFK,

Thanks for thinking of that particular thread, which I did not add due to the fact that there have been many changes since that was written, though I must admit it does offer some additional information that might assist any newcomer.

However, Astaldar, be sure you also read the newer material at the top of the forum pages that update this earlier version before you begin posting.

Thank you,
BerethEdhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email