Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Mission to Haradwaith - Please Join!!!!
on: June 15, 2006 10:49
As Caterra turned and walked away, Fairion grabbed his stomach with a groan. His knees buckled under him and he fell over.

That hadn't gone like it was supposed too. Fairion still had no clue what Caterra was doing with them or what their steward's intentions were. Instead, he had recieved a small scratch on his neck from where Caterra's knife had been and a massive bruise on his stomach from where her fist had been. Fairion would have punished any ordinary soldier for hitting him or even arguing with him. The problem was, she was no ordinary soldier. Denethor had made that quite clear when he threatened to kill Fairion if she was harmed.

Fairion reached over to where Denethor's letter lay crumbled on the ground. He grabbed it and slowly stood up, attempting to keep from falling back to the ground. He carefully walked back to where he had placed his stuff. This mission had quickly become the worst mission he had ever been on. Worse than the one where his mistakes had cost them the mission.

"Oh Eru. What have I done wrong? What am I being punished for?!?"
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 05:22
Fairion had just settled down and started doze off when an arrow lodged itself in the ground next to him. Fairion jumped up, wide awake and looked in the direction that the arrow had flown. Orcs. Fairion quickly grabbed his bow and screamed "We're being attacked!"

Fairion knocked an arrow onto the bow and aimed. He hit the orc in the shoulder knocking him to the ground. There was one down, but how many were there? Could the small band of soldiers survive the attack? How many of them were adequatley armed when Denethor had ordered them not to bring weapons?

Fairion ran through their camp waking everyone up. If they were being attacked, they would need all the help they could get...

((OOC - He he he, let's have some fun here!))
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 10:13
((OOC woot! I love a good fight!))

Caterra had been meditating on the recent events when she heard Fairion's yell "we're being attacked!" she jumped up slinging her quiver on her should and stringing her bow, she always had her sword on her hip. She ran towards the main camp, stopping a short ways away picking off a few orcs with her arrows until they realized she was there then she drew her sword and began cutting down each orc as it cam to her...
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 02:48
Larin sprang to his feet when he heard the alert. He quickly drew his mace and one of his swords and started laying out each orc that came near him. "Finally! I thought we'd never get to a battle." He shouted.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 10:09
(((Hope you wont mind a strange old fart of a dwarf destroying your fun... PS: did you cross the river yet?)))

Dûrîmbôr has been away from home for a while, and already started to miss the Kûmór caves, his residence for the past 100 years. The life of an exile was getting pretty borring, so he left to explore the world. What else can one do? One can eat only so many Deers, or hunt only so much before it gets you sick. The outside world always facinated Dûrîmbôr, but after his exile from the Dwarf Kingdom, he was forced to hide in order to survive. Recently, he recieved word that King Trînúd died in an unsuccessful raid on a local orcish encampment. Dûrîmbôr's bonds were cut, and he was free to go.

He has traveled far and wide from his secret hideout in Edenwaith, visited the elvish city of Rivendel, Stomped around the shire, and now was going towards Minas-Trith, from a house of a friend in South Ithilen.

His trusted mule was carting him on a forest path, uneven, and bumpy. Dûrîmbôr has grown tired on his journey, and was all wrapped up and sleeping in his Oliphante Cloack, his treasured posesion, from his days in King Trînúd's court. Suddenly, he was awoken by a distant yell. "We are being attacked!!!" Dûrîmbôr jumped up, grabbed a hold of the mules reigns, and urged him to follow the cry. The cart was jumping all over teh place, Dûrîmbôr was trying to get a grim on the reigns, and untie his sack with throwing-axes.

After much rattling and jumping, he arrived at the scene. A group of men, and a tall elf being attacked by orcs. With a mighty throw, Dûrîmbôr whipped his weapons at one of the hideous creatures, Nailing its neck to the trunk of a tree. Jumping off his cart, and brandishing his two mighty axes, one in each hand, Dûrîmbôr ran into battle.

[Edited on 20/6/2006 by meatcar]
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:12
((a dwarf...interesting twist.))

Garaf was on his feet only to be knocked down by a blow to the head--the orc was almost on top of him when it shrieked and collapsed. Looking up, Garaf was startled to find Durroch wielding a blade. He was good at it.

"What's going on!" Garaf demanded.

Durroch growled, "If you can't figure that out with an orc at your feet..." He sliced through another stench-infested body. Briefly he heard a harsh cry, not that of a human, or elf, but had not time to ponder it further
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:31
Fighting through the croud of Orcs, Dûrîmbôr saw the humans in despair. If only i could hold up long enough for them to get up he thought.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:49
((OOC - I am really sorry I have to do this to you all, but I have to leave. I am working at a camp for 9 weeks and chances are very good that I will have no internet access. I love this rp and don't want to leave it for good, so I'm making my character kinda of well... you'll see...))

Fairion sliced his sword through the orc at his right. Sweat rolled down his forehead. Boy was he glad he had disobeyed the steward and brought weapons with him. It was a smart move on his part.

He turned to an orc on his left and began to battle with it. He was right about to kill the orc when a black feathered orc arrow slammed into his shoulder.

"Argh," Fairion screamed in pain as he fell to his knees. He tried desperatly to stand again to help his men fight. He tried mroe than anything to help out and continue fighting, but the pain was too great. He slowly became dizzy and then just as someone ran in front of him, the world closed in around him. Everything went black as he felt himself fall to the ground. After that, there was nothing.

((OOC - No, he's not dead. Just unconcious. So, yeah. I thought this would be the easiest way to keep my character in the rp. If he's unconcious but still with you guys while I am gone, then when I come back, I can just wake up and be back in the game. I really hope you guys are able to keep the rp going when I'm gone because I love this rp. You guys are alot of fun and I'll miss you while I'm gone. If I have access to the internet, I'll post. But if not, I'll see you in 9 weeks.))
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 08:41
((OOC have fun Musicalgal! I'll keep track of Fairion for you ))

Caterra heard Fairion cry out in pain and began cutting through the orcs to get to him, when she reached his fallen body she saw an orc arrow protruding out of his shoulderhe's not lost enough blood to be unconscious...the arrow must have been poisoned! knowing she had to get him away from the battle before his defenseless body was sliced by a passing orc, she placed two fingers in her mouth and let out a shrill whistle, not a moment later Harmanin came running to her master. Cattera struggled to get Fairion across her saddle and mounted behind him urging Harmanin to gallop away from the orcs.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 11:16
((Back once again... Planning to stay now ))

Fairion call startled Ge’eth from his sleep, he threw his blanket back as he realized that they were under attack, he slightly wondered if he should pull his armoured coat on but he figured that he had no time. Not for the first time Ge’eth regretted the fact that he had joined this mission, he pulled his weapons from their stand as he whistled for Ahm and jumped on to her bare back as she dashed by him. She moved as a whirlwind under him, her eagerness to please her rider was evident, and Ge’eth pulled his bow, aimed and fired. Ge’eth pulled the long daggers instead as he was unsure whether he was shooting on his companions or the orcs. Suddenly Ahm disappeared under Ge’eth and he flew forward by the momentum, he rolled and landed on his left shoulder, gravel bit into his bare shoulder. He flipped back unto his feet and looked around for a weapon and grabbed a scimitar from a fallen orc. It was a crude and heavy weapon but it would have to do, as he had lost his daggers in the fall.
“Argh!” Fairion cried out somewhere to his right, the captain was in trouble, not that he could help, he was in to much trouble of his own already. He had three orcs against him and he had already received two slashes, one across his chest, the other had ripped through his left triceps. The blood made his grip on the scimitar slippry and he knew that he would need help soon enough.

[Edited on 22/6/2006 by Sirthien]
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 10:46
Larin saw that Ge'eth was having trouble with the weapon he was using and fought his way toward him. "Having trouble?" He asked while fighting off an orc. "Here, try this." He handed Ge'eth one of his shortswords while still fighting with his mace.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2006 10:40
Ge’eth simply nodded as the man handed him a sword, shifted it to his right hand allowing his injury some rest. He felt absentminded as he continued to fighting the orcs; he figured it to be the blood loss. He worked the patterns of the sword over in his mind, when suddenly the orc in front of him was struck down by an axe, a dwarfish axe. He stumbled and fell to his knees as the orc fell.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2006 02:06
Dûrîmbôr was taking out the orcs one by one. Only a handfull remained, and all the men were up on their feet.

His shoulder was bleeding, and his leg had a big gash, but he was still going for it, for a Dwarf never quits.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2006 03:59
Durroch saw the dwarf struggling and fought through the space between them. His intent was help, and he sliced through the several that swarmed to the dwarf. He didn't stop to think what the dwarf was doing there.

Garaf had been caught off guard, and did not have much to fight with--only a pair of knives--but he got the job done. Sloppily, and with great effort, but he managed to only receive flesh wounds, something that still astounded him. He didn't realize Durroch was watching him, lashing out at any orcs looking to head his direction.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 02:18
"Some battle you got yourself here!" said Dûrîmbôr to the man beside him.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 02:10
"It seems you appeared with them," Durroch barked back: the orcs had begun to retreat, and he chased them down, slaying all he could. Then one came at him from behind--he tried to whirl and catch it, but the creature's sword found it's mark before he could. Instantly the man fell to his knees, a scimitar gash across the back of his knees--the orc closed in.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 02:47
Larin spotted an orc moving in on one of his companions. He threw his mace and hit it in the skull knocking him cold. Larin walked up to the orc and stabbed it in the throat before bending down and grabbing his mace. "Anyone here good with medicine?" He asked, wiping the black blood from his sword.
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 10:32
Ge'eth stood up on wobbly legs.
"I know the healing arts," he managed to run back to his belongings, his things were spread out over the ground, but his healer's chest was intact.
"Keep him still," he says as he kneels down and starts to treat the damage. "Has anyone seen Fairion?" he asks as he remembers the captains' cry of pain.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 01:04
"Wasn't the elf tending to him? Where did she run off to?" Larin said looking around.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 02:39
Cattera waited until the last of the orcs wither fled from the group or was killed before she brought Fairion back to the main group "is there a healer in the group?" her voice giving away her concern "I think the arrow was poisoned"
One of the men helped to lower Fairion to the ground when she came close enough.

OOC sorry for the absence...I have a lot going on.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2006 03:02
Dûrîmbôr has finnished off the last of the orc, and saw the humans gathering around. He limped over to them. "Can I be of any use to you?" said he. He saw a man lying on the ground, his foot all bloody. Bending over, Gûrîmbôr took out a plant out of his shoes, and put it on the mans wound. "It's supposed to stop the pain." said he. "You see," said Dûrîmbôr, revealing his shoulder. Blood was everywhere, but when Dûrîmbôr touched it, he didnt feel any pain.

The Dwarf ripped off a peice of his tunic, and bandaged his shoulder and his leg. The he sat down, and listened to the voices of the people.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 05:20
Durroch growled at all the attention--"I'm fine."

Garaf walked up beside the group now gathering at the center of the clearing, helping tally who was wounded, gone, and still intact.

Then he saw Durroch on the ground barking at the others to leave him alone, he could do it himself. Garaf felt annoyance creep up his throat--not another exploit. "...Let him do it himself," Garaf offered. "It's his own fault he was wounded."

Seeing Fairon unconscious on the grass, Garaf's stomach fell.

[Edited on 3/7/2006 by pitya]
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 09:02
Ge’eth looked at Durroch, his face twisted in dismay.
“You can count yourself lucky. If that scimitar had bitten deeper you would have been crippled,” he said as he rose, his voice sounded distant to his own ears. He looked over at the still Fairion; the young captain was pale as ash, the orc arrow protruding from his shoulder made him look as death. Someone steadied him, he wasn’t even aware that he had stumbled. “I need hot water, some blankets,” he commanded as he looked down at his friend, he opened his small case with his scalpels and needles. “Larin, you have to pull the arrow out,” he told the brown bearded man without looking up at him.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2006 11:51
"Very well." Larin knelt down by Fairion. He grasped the arrow and with a twisting motion yanked the shaft out of Fairion's shoulder. He cast it aside.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2006 05:15
Caterra had left the group to retrieve her bag, she pulled out two small leather pouches and returned to where Fairion lay, Larin had removed the arrow and disposed of it, she knelt down and pulled her small knife from it's sheath and began cutting a hole in Fairions shirt to inspect the full extent of damagethe arrow caused "is there a healer among us?" the men looked at her quizically "I know only enough to keep myself alive, is there a healer among us?"

OOC seriously...is there? Ge’eth has scalpels and needles..is he a healer?
Sirthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 07:11
"I'm a healer," Ge'eth said as he looked at the She-elf, who glanced over his bloodied and pale features. "I think you are right about the poison, or rather said I hope that it is poison." Ge'eth clumsily cut the remaining cloth away from Fairion's shoulder. "Larin, pick that arrow back up, I might need it," he said as he looked at the wound. He leaned down and listened to the captains rapid heart beat and raspy breath, he had a hard time making the sounds out with the insistent whizzing noise in his ears. "We'll need to keep him still," Ge'eth said as he sat up, the pain from his own cuts and bruises was making it's full entry and it made him both nauseous and dizzy. Again someone steadied him.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2006 06:11
Caterra looked at the healer a moment, assessing his own wounds "are you alright?" she asked as she steadied him, he didn't seem to hear her, "I'll be right back" she hurried over to her belongings and dug out a small bottle that looked very much like a flask, then made her way back to where everyone was gathered "here" she handed it to Ge'eth "take a small sip, you'll feel better and be able to concentrate on helping Fairion better"

OOC sorry to cut it off there, I've had a really rough week...

[Edited on 7/21/2006 by Unawen]
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 31, 2006 02:21
((OOC - Hi everybody, I'm not back for good yet, but I have access to a computer. Yay!!! Anywho, thought I'd post and say hi...))

In front of him, Fairion could see a green feild. There were white flowers everywhere. The sun shone. It was warm and gentle. Everything seemed fine...

Then, Blackness... Everywhere... Everynow and then, a word... Arrow... Poison... Fairion could not comprehend it. Pain... massive pain... Espessially in the shoulder. Why? Fairion could not remember... Voices, faint and far away... Who they were? He couldn't tell...

Fairion tried to open his eyes. There were figures hovering over him. Blurry. He could not tell what was going on at all. He could feel someone pulling something from his shoulder. More pain. What was going on? Slowly, his eyes rolled backwards and again he found himself in the green meadow...

((OOC - In case you weren't sure, he is supposed to be rolling in and out of conciousness. I realise I don't normally write like this. I just felt it would help best show what I was trying to do... I don't know... Anywho, hopefully I'll be back soon!! ))
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 04:26
((OOC - Yayay! I'm back... Let's get this role play back on the road!!))

Fairion couldn't really tell what was going on. He felt immense pain in his shoulder. He felt sick. All he could think about was how much pain he was in. He could hear voices, but he didn't want to understand them. He hurt too much.

Fairion felt his stomach begin churning even more. He rolled over onto his side and let his last meal empty out. He fell back onto his back with tears. The pain was soo great. Was it, un-soldier like for him to cry in his pain? Fairion tried to hold back the tears, to bear the pain. He bit his lip and opened his eyes. Slowly, he tried to sit up.

The hands of others pushed him back down. Rightfully so. That small effort nearly drained him of his last strength. But, he had to get better. He had too!

((OOC - He is awake and concious right now, just very very weak...))
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 04:10
Garaf's mood had darkened when heard Fairion stir, and a commotion arise around him. Instantly the man joined the group formed, trying to glimpse him--the captain was awake and trying to sit up. Garaf's hope rose, maybe Fairion would be alright, if he was awake, but the others pushed him back down. What were they going to do, with the captain injured so?

Durroch had finally gotten his wish to be left alone, and managed to stand on his own, glancing over his shoulder to the crowd behind him, and the others being tended to. With an almost weary sigh, he shook his head. The mission was never going to reach Harad at this rate.
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2006 05:17
OOC where is everybody?

Cattera's heart felt pained when she saw tears running down Fairion's cheeks, orc poison was among the worst when it came to the pain factor, she held him down when he tried to sit up "you have to lay still or you'll lose more blood and any strength you have left" she said firmly. She took the flask back from Ge'eth and held it to Fairion's lips "drink slowly" she said quietly and allowed a small flow of the cool liquid to pass into his mouth.
musicalgal123
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2006 04:36
((OOC - Sorry, I'm still getting used to the whole college thing...So sorry))

"You have to lay still or you'll lose more blood and any strength you have left," Caterra said as she pushed him back down. "Drink slowly," she added as she slowly poured cool water into his mouth.

Fairion let the water run down his throat, trying to guzzle it, but half coughing as he tried.

"Caterra," he hoarsly spoke, "What's your plan of action?" Then as a reply to the look on her face, he slowly added, "as I am currently incapable of leading these soldiers to Haradwait, what is your plan of action..." He hoped she could understand what he was trying to imply... that in his injured state, she would lead. If Denethor favored her so much, she couldn't be all that bad...
Unawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2006 09:48
Catching Fairion's meaning Cattera held down the objection that rose within her How can I lead? That is not what I was sent to do! How am I to complete my mission now? so many thoughts ran through her mind in rapid succession. Her face hardened and revealed nothing of her thoughts "we need to get you to some shelter before those cloud let loose" she said drawing everyone's attention to the dark clouds that had gathered while they tended their fallen leader. "Who will scout for a sheltered location" she asked those around her.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email