Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What did you like best about TTT?
on: December 27, 2002 08:03
A while ago I thought that PervyOrcFancier was rather weird.... but now i understand you a bit better. After TTT, i find orcs quite cute. Especially the part one of them said 'they don't need their legs do they?' somehow after that they don't seem so detestable after all. I'm quite sorry for them.

And oh yes! Merry and Pippin rule. As well as all their captors. Love those orcs!
-Ainulindale

I couldn't agree more! .. I love you.
Lil-Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 09:15
I liked all the Gimli and legolas parts. I'm glad that Legolas got more than just 'orcs!', 'goblins!' and 'the ring must be destroyed!'. I'm not really head over heels about him, but I'm glad he and gimil got all those parts.

Same here! *Pats Peter Jackson.*

Oh! and the Rohan music is awesome! I love orchestral music and this is the best! they have that special theme for the rohirrim.

I loved the violin parts.. at last i think it's a violin.. it's so haunting, especially in surround sound.

After long thought I have to agree that, yes, Orcs can be cute... okay, well. not cute exactly, but not as scary and evil as, say, the Cave Troll or the Urak-Hai. I don't think they deserve as much bad-press as they get..
Ainulindale
Last Homely Housekeeper
& Gallery Shirriff

Send Message
on: December 27, 2002 09:21
[quote
I loved the violin parts.. at last i think it's a violin.. it's so haunting, especially in surround sound.

After long thought I have to agree that, yes, Orcs can be cute... okay, well. not cute exactly, but not as scary and evil as, say, the Cave Troll or the Urak-Hai. I don't think they deserve as much bad-press as they get..

It's a norwegian fiddle called a Hardinger. It's on the soundtrack. And yes orcs are cute!
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 05:26
My FAVORITE part of TTT was when the Ents first marched to Isengard, and Treebeard gave the line about 'the last march of the Ents'. The music was great. Just watching the Ents tear things apart just made me want to jump and cheer in the aisle. (I restrained myself, don't worry.)
The elves arriving at Helm's Deep was awesome, too. It may not have been in the book, but the music and their costumes were just priceless.
It was different from the book in many aspects, but then, so was FOTR. I loved TTT (seen it three times already) and I bow down before those who helped make it.

:evil: ~> No reason for this, but I like this face.
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 08:06
What did I like best? Oy... I dunno... I loved the whole thing!!! (Now that was a one liner if I ever saw one... *attempts to addmore content*)

I know Faramir's part was changed, but I did like it - he does redeem himself in the end; he does was Boromir could not. And, my hypothesis is that his real motivation had to do with proving himself to his father, seeing as his father despises him. Poor Faramir... Also, doesn't he go through some stuggle in the book, however short?

Evenstar out.
theHierOfElendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2002 05:07
gosh! there are sooooooooo many awesome parts! i love that ork dude int the 2nd merry+pippin scene, the whone who goes,"yeeeah, they look freshhh" in an extremely new york accent. i think hes awesome. i also lovved the part where frodo's in Osgiliath, adn he syas, "they're here. they've come." that part rox too. adn of cousre, the part whre piipins like, "dont encourage it, merry!" but my absolute faveorite part was when aragor tumbles of the cliff and then he dreams about arwen. i love all the arwen parts. i was sobbing the first time i saw it, the second time i only used 1 tissue, adn the 3rd time i was comforting my friend, who hadnt read the books adn though aragorn died when he fell of the cliff. and that was a hugle long opinions statemen and no onw will read it but thats cool too.
daw
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 12:23
To me, tossing a dwarf just refers to an un-politically correct game at rural US fairs. Dwarf tossing and dwarf wrestling are midway side shows.

I gather the term also has a sexual implication, but I doubt that that's the one intended.
athelas22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 02:48
My favorite things:
1- The expansion of the Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli relationship. Gimli is sort of boring and not that likeable in the first movie and I'm glad he's better in this one.
I was wondering (what do you guys think?) that at the scene where Aragorn "dies", does Legolas have some hint that he's not really dead? I mean he looks upset but not really upset (like he did when Gandalf "died"). Then when he sees Aragorn he's not at all surprised. Or is he just pulling it off well? Icy cool elven exterior or elvish intuition?

2- The Ents destroying isengard and the cleansing flood from the dam.

3- Everything about Gollum.

4- That totally cool Legolas jump on his horse. I believe I was sitting in an Orlando Bloom section of the theater opening night because we all bust out into applause at that scene. The girl behind me kept kicking my chair in excitement.

5- Haldir and the elves at Helm's Deep. Anyone notice that they were wearing hemets that just so happened to cover their ears? Didn't want to deal with applying hundreds of elven ears every night of this shoot with the rain melting them off I guess.

6- Eomer and everything about him :love:

7- This is totally off topic but I can't find any more threads in the Casting Forum section. I just wanted to say that I was not a huge pervy Pippin fancier before. but after seeing Billy Boyd in that black kilt at the LA premier i am a convert. Wish there were kilts in the movie too!
AerynJade
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 11:04
I just got back from watching TTT and it was totally awesome!!! I'm a little disappointed about Faramir but I understand why they did that way. Gimli is soo funny! And Legolas..What can I say-he's just soooooo incredible!!!! I'm glad they put Arwen in TTT even though she's not in the TTT book at all. I cried when Haldir died! Namarie... But it was amazing! I can''t wait for Return of the King to come out. And those battlescenes at Helm's Deep took my breath away. And when Gandalf rode down the hillside on Shadowfax...well there are NO words to describe how utterly stunning and moving it was to see. You could just feel hope radiating out from him!!!!!

I'm in the mood to discuss it if anyone wants to!!! It's 1 AM but I can't sleep cuz my heart is still racing!
Idril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2003 06:02

a great movie
and i like faramir, too although he was a little bit too .. evil
but david wenham acted brilliant

but the best was the talk of gollum to himself
perfect!!!!!
(and the coneys)

greetings,

idril
Rethehare
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2003 01:38
I :heart: all the scenes with Gandalf fighting Balrog. It was a fantastic idea to start with the outside and go into the mountain. And they both falling down the shaft in flames!
And of course Gollum was fantastic. The changes between Gollum and Smeagol. The Rohan, the Ents themselves.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2003 09:58
Iloved how they brought more elves into TTT, but why did Haldir have to die?
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2003 05:47
My favorite part was the beginning. Gandalf and the Balrog falling, then Frodo wakes up from a dream and yells "GANDALF!" That was neat. I also liked Frodo and Sam arguing, and then Gollum's coneys. The first time I saw the movie I totaly missed Sam's speech at the end. That was so sweet though. When I saw it the 2nd during Sam's speech some guy yelled "Kiss him allready!" I must have been still freaked out about Frodo and the Naz-gul then tring to kill Sam to notice the speech 1st time. What was with that? Shocked me.
Anyway, the movie was great! I can't wait until RotK!!!!
Palin-Stormcloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 06:02
The battle at Helms Deep rocked! The whole movie could have been about that as far as I'm concerned.
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 07:30
the music...
Arwen with her father...

ARAGORN!!!! HELM'S DEEP!

Theoden's clothes....
Brad Dourif's Wormtongue.. Treebeard...

" PO-tat-oes!!"... Gollum.... Haldir...

Boromir flashback at beginning*snicker*

ETC.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 11:39
The music, Eomer, and Legolas!
morgana03
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2003 01:55
I've only seen it once. They stopped showing it where I live!:cry::cry:
My fave parts would be anything with Aragorn but the absolute best part is after he returns to Helm's Deep and pushes open that door. That is the scene I love. Well, that one and the one withl Legolas sliding down the steps on the shield shooting arrows.
Legolas_Loves_Giuli
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2003 02:59
I loved everything about it! The actors, the music and the special effects! :drool: :love: :heart:
The only thing I thought was upsetting was when Haldir got killed!
I loved it when Legolas went shield surfing! :heart: That part was really cool!
Any of you guys know if Arwen dies in ROTK? I've been told that but I don't know if it's true... You see, I haven't read the book... :blush: Don't want to spoil the movie!
I just can't wait to see ROTK! :love: They say it's the best out of the trilogy... Not sure...
Gollum's part was absolutely fantastic! I thought it was funny when he called Sam a "Fat Hobbit!"
Minyaisilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 08:35
Mmmmm.... it looks like I'm ages late to this party.

BUT here are my favorite parts (and I really can't strain my brain to make these go in order) I'm sure ALL of these were mentioned:

1. Sam and Gollum's little chat/argument about food

2. Haldir and Company arriving at Helm's Deep - I LOVE the Elves, their armour was AMAZING, and Hal looked soo cute when Aragorn hugged him and he smiled - awwww

3. Legolas' super-elf stunts, like the sliding-down-the-stairs-while-firing-arrows and horse-mounting thing during the warg fight

4. The whole Gimli being too short and complaining about it bit... "Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box?" - I always thought Gimli would get offended by that but he didn't, ah well, all the better

5. Legolas' line "You're late.... you look terrible" line - and why was he leaning so far towards Aragorn in the first place? I mean he was nearly at a 45-degree angle! lol

6. The Ents tearring up Isengard - loved it.

Morqua_Aiwë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 06:17
I HATE GOLLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he creeps me out. i like the helms deep stuff but i expected more out of helms deep...
ArwenTheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2004 05:06
i like the part where aragorn has that dream of arwen but i didnt really see the whole thing i had to eat something wheni t came on:cry: someone explain the whole thing to me:love:
LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 01:21
What I liked best about TTT was Sam's speach to Frodo. "There is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

I love the part when Aragorn asks Eowyn what she fears and she says, "A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them. When all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire."

I also like the part when Gamling says, "Your men, my lord, will follow you to whatever end."

[Edited on 29/7/2005 by LadyWoodelf]

[Edited on 1/8/2005 by LadyWoodelf]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email