Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Escape From Angband(open to all)
on: June 19, 2006 11:12
Silithlach saw the new arrival...perhaps this wasn't so hopeless after all! The white-skinned elf leapt with reknewed vigor and strength, decapitationg another orc. He kicked on in its groin, then elbowed abother behind him. Suddenly he found himself back to back with the new arrival.
"Your timing is uncanney!" Silithlach shouted as he cut down another orc.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 02:52
"A pleasure to help out..." said Dûrîmbôr, thrusting his torch down the throat of a roaring orc. Dûrîmbôr detested the orcs, because of all the suffering they have caused him. Also, like most dwarves, he didn't trust the Eldar much. The mistrust has been handed down, and shoveled into him by his ancestors, onto who's land the elves came from over the sea.

Dûrîmbôr swung his bowl around, knocking out another orc. The orc collapsed, and on the way down fell onto his comrades sword which was going for a jab at his Eldar friend behind him.

"Saved your skin there, pal." Muttered Dûrîmbôr whileblocking the attacs of another orc.

[Edited on 20/6/2006 by meatcar]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 03:00
Silithlach laughed nervously as he attacked, defensively, another orc.
"Yes you did, my thanks to you good dwarf." Silithlach felt sweat trickle down his brow. His hurts were catching up to him again.
An orc lept at him, and Silithlach recoiled, clutching his now mangled right arm. He picked the sword up with his left and held his right arm against his chest. It would just get in the way. He could see only four orcs remaining...if he could last just that long...
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 03:34
"Hang tight!!!" yelled Dûrîmbôr pulling a sword out of a fallen orc, and beheading the enemy closest to him. Seeing an orc running at him, Dûrîmbôr threw his precious bowl into the face of the hideous creature. Upon impact, the bowl shattered into peices, most of which stuck in the greasy face of the orc. Blind, and drowning in the sudden flow of syrup-like blood, the orc collapsed under the mighty blow of Dûrîmbôr's sword.

"Go!!!" Dûrîmbôr roared to the elf, swinging for a round at the second-last orc. Suddenly, he was bashed in the head by a dull object, and collapsed with a grunt. The last thing he saw, was the faces of the three elves in despair.

((Pitya, please register ur char Rhunig, i cant tell if it is an elf or a man. TY))

((I am giving the other two a chance to join in here, because me and you killing off half the orcs, and they are just standing around.))

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 03:40
Silithlach blanched, the dwarf had been their only chance to escape. Anger flared in him, and he charged the orc with such fury that would make a Balrog recoil in terror. Silithlach rammed his elbow into the head of the orc. He felt the skull crack beneath him. That attack, however, had left him open. He felt a blade cut across his back. And he hissed in pain and anger.
He rose and stood over the form of the dwarf. No one would be abandoned. No one!
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:22
((sorry about the absence. Rhunig is not in the database, but he's a man from the east.))

Rhunig had done his share of the fighting, and when the orc sliced Silithlach across the back, it was the last straw--in one swoop of his weapon he decapitated the creature.

Standing beside Silithlach, Rhunig panted for breath; he was not used to such exercise, after years of imprisonment. "How bad are you hurt?" he asked.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 01:17
Silithlach looked to the man beside him.
"I have been worse." he said, trying to straighten. He failed miserably, falling to one knee.
Silithlach grasped the wall and pulled himself up. Using it as support.
"How is everyone else? And who are you?" Silithlach asked rather breathlessly.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 01:31
(((i am knocked out, remember???)))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:25
((We know)

Silithlach moved towards the dwarf. Gently shaking the dwarf's shoulders in an attempt to wake him. When that failed Silithlach dropped a large sheild beside the dwarf in an attepmt to wake him.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:45
Rhunig watched Silithlach attempt to wake the dwarf with concern. "Did you see what happened to him?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 03:23
"I think that he was hit by a blow to the head. But I can not say for certain. I was as preoccupied as everyone else." Silithlach sighed and let himself sit down on the hard, cold ground.
"we have to get out of here." He murmered softly.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 04:08
Running, fighiting. Oh, the nightmare!!!! Get out!!! Get out!!!Go!!! Go now!!! No!!! I will not go I must stay!!! Help them!!! Dont take me!!! Fine, stay. they ned you more than I need you. Wake up now.

Dûrîmbôr started waking up slowly. He opened his eyes, and looked around. WHere was he? Then, sharp pain penetrated his eyes. The Hit He remembered it all now.

Beside him was an elf. Pale from the long time in imprisoment. His blue eyes were filled with sorrow.

There were two more people there. A tall man with a brownish hint in his skin. He looked omuch like an elf from afar. The last person was an elf, Fair skinned, tall, with pointed ears.

The battlefeild was scattered with bodies of orcs, blood everywhere In the far corner of the room, the remains of his bowl shone.

Slowly, bearing the pain of his injury, Dûrîmbôr started to slowly get up. "That was fun..." he said through his teeth.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 04:58
"That was fun..."
Silithlach heard this and started laughing. It was a laugh of relief, and one of pure exaustion.
"I am glad you can take this so lightly, my good dwarf. Perhaps your good spirits will keep all of us from going mad." Silithlach smiled and helped the dwarf up.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 05:21
Dûrîmbôr found it hard to stand. His leggs kept on trying to disassemble, and things were floating in fron of his eyes. After much straining and struggling, Dûrîmbôr stood on his legs.

The Elf had a kind voice, and the dwarf trusted him.

"How did ye manage to get out?" asked Dûrîmbôr, as his legs caved in on him, and he went tumbling down to the ground.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 06:10
"Johan found me. He released my bonds. For which I am quite grateful." SIlithlach rubbed his shoulder.
The beating he had recieved, the slow torture, it was all so fresh in his mind.
"You seem to be resoursful enough. You got out with naught but a bowl. You did a far better job then I could have done. I'm a coward, and not very good at escape attempts. Tried several times before Joan found me...not exactly what I would call sucessful." He said.
"How long have you been here, master dwarf?"

edited for language
BerethEdhellen, RPG Moderator

[Edited on 22/6/2006 by BerethEdhellen]
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 08:38
"Thank you, Johan for inspiring me to break out." Said Dûrîmbôr, getting up, and walking over to the peices of his bowl. He picked a little peice, and placed it in the folds of his tunic.

"My name is Dûrîmbôr," he said, turning to the elf. "And my fighting skils? Well, if you would spent half your life in a cave, hunting deer and bear, you would get quite some skills going."

"I have been in here for just over 20 years, but one cannot count time by the shadows of tourches, but by the amount of beatings one recieves. The beatings are irregular in nature, but sometimes you learn to trust them in the measuring of time."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 02:20
Silithlach nodded, "I myself have been here to long. So long infact, that I have forgotten what good food...and the sun...feels like." he trailed off, as if he had just relised that. Silithlach shook his head slightly, trying to clear his thoughts.
"My name is Silithlach. The beatings...no longer pain me, I suppose I should fear that more then the fear of pain. No the orcs have found new tortures, chaining me to a wall, just out of reach of food and drink, foul though it may be." He clenched his fist, so tightly his palm started to bleed.

[Edited on 23/6/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2006 03:26
(((sorry guys, going camping fo rthe weekends, so Ministrel_of_dawn can play Dûrîmbôr for me.)))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2006 04:40
Dûrîmbôr looked at Silithlach curiously.
"Worry not, lad, you will see the sun soon enough. We all will. Not let us get out of here, if we push for it we can get out before supper." Dûrîmbôr said, trying to make everyone a little less morbid.
Silithlach looked at the dwarf. "Thank you." He smiled, "Supper, a real one, sounds really good. Johan, which way are we heading?"
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2006 01:09
Rhunig felt incredibly young and ignorant, in contrast with the elves. He didn't know what to say; so he listened.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2006 05:17
"Rhunig, have you any idea of the mappings of these miserable caverns?" Silithlach asked, "I do not know their layouts."
"Nor do I." Dûrîmbôr said looking at Silithlach and then at Rhunig.
"Perhaps you could tell us...something...anything. I should like to get out of here." The dwarf grinned broadly, everyone wanted to get out.
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2006 03:54
Rhunig stepped forward slightly. "There was a passageway, just above my cell--I could hear orcs and trolls coming and going...Like a large trafficway..." He glanced from the dwarf to the elves. "If we were willing to risk it, it might lead us out..." Then he realized, "I don't know how to get to it, though, unless Master Dwarf can break through the stone roof with a bowl," he added with a grin.
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 02:29
Dûrîmbôr gave a chukle. "The hallways must lead to somewhere. If we were to follow them, we might be able to get more forces, and get directions to the way out." He looked at the elves and the man. "Any one up for a little adventure?" Said Dûrîmbôr, picking up a sword, and tucking it into his tunic.

(((Seeing how Johan was not posting for a while, mybe we should knowck him out, and drag his body around with us? He could always wake up and continue the story... But then we would touch his char without his permission...)))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 03:36
Silithlach looked a little uncertain but smiled, "I game. Anything that gives us a chance to get out of this (innapropriate comment deleated) place has to be good."
Taneth looked to his own shirt, it was ripped and torn, infact he wondered why he had it still. He tore it off, using the cloth to bandage up some of his cuts and scrapes.

((I don't know...perhaps we merely walk off, but make sure that Johan is sort of the ghost on the wall. He could say that he was silent, contemplative...something along those lines. I'm going to be leaving for the month of July, so could you, meatcar, look after Durhen for me?))
meatcar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 03:45
(((Did you mean Silithlach? but sorry, i cant look after anyone, becausei will be vary busy this summer, no time to do anything.)))

"Thurst and hunger can pain even a dwarf, so let us go swiftly, in search of provisions." said Dûrîmbôr, and headed towards a hall
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 03:59
((Oops..I did mean Silithlach! Ha ha, my bad!))

Silithlach followed the dwarf, the hall was rocky and cold. Silithlach shivered despite himself, he loved caves, he enjoyed rock climbing, but at the moment...he never wanted to go into a cave again!
pitya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 02:06
Rhunig wasn't quite sure where they were headed, but followed anyway--he definitely felt safer with the two elves and the dwarf as opposed to being alone. "I think the orcs had a room at the end of the hall: that's the direction they all came from, at any rate."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2006 04:03
Silithlach nodded.
"Makes sense to me." he said wearily.
He leaned against the wall, pausing to catch his breth, he could taste blood in his mouth, and he was having trouble breathing. One of the orc's attacks must have gotten through his defenses. He stood up strait, and continued walking, ignoring the pain.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email