Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Enroute [open]
on: August 14, 2006 10:49
"Do you not see he is of the Haradrim!" Nethwen shouted back at Melwen. Then she turned back to the boy. "Come on, tell us what you are planning." Nethwen said. "No! If I do my father will kill me. I'd rather die here." The boy said. Nethwen sheathed her sword but still gripped his shoulders. "If you tell us I promise you safty. You may reside with me." Nethwen said. "Alright, I will tell you a little." The boy gulped then started. "My name is Fhaleen. I have come to see the numbers of the people in Rivendell." Fhaleen stopped. "Go on." Nethwen prodded. "No I have said too much already." Fhaleen said. "Tell us if there is going to be an attack." Nethwen said. "Yes, but I will not say when." Fhaleen said, he looked quite afraid. "Thank you Fhaleen." Nethwen said as she let him go. Then Nethwen asked a guard to take the boy to a room, and to tell Elrond he was her special guest and to prepare the elf warriors for a battle to defend Rivendell.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 11:36
Iswaellen lowered her dagger. Something wasn't right about that boy but she didn't say anything. She wasn't sure. She pocketed her dagger and picked up her basket of healing herbs. She glanced over at Bain, "You said you were a healer? Come, we may need your help. It seems you may be able to see Elrond's healing abilities." A horn sounded in the distance, followed by the sound of horse hooves and elven men shouting. "It's already started," she mumbled, motioned to Bain and hurried to the halls of healing.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2006 01:50
Bain followed Iswaellen. Even as she did she spoke. "I cannot in good faith not tell you that I also have very good fighting skills and If there is a large group of Hardirim attacking I feel a need to fight first and heal second. It has always been that way with me."

Bain waited only a half a minute for the elleth to reply. Then she continued. "I hope to return from the battle standing and be of help in the healing. From experience i know that Haridrim are a nasty group to fight."

Then Bain jumped on her horse and set off toward the horn sound. As she was riding she pulled her bow off her back and also an arrow because she wanted to be ready as soon as the enemy was in sight.

(will post as best as I can for the next week. Sorry its not up to my usual)
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 05:59
"I cannot in good faith not tell you that I also have very good fighting skills and If there is a large group of Hardirim attacking I feel a need to fight first and heal second. It has always been that way with me."
Iswaellen frowned, "Elrond has many warriors to fight and many allies and the healers are very under staffed. Though if that is your will, I will not stop you."

"I hope to return from the battle standing and be of help in the healing. From experience i know that Haridrim are a nasty group to fight."
"I have fought them before and I have tended the wounds of soldiers who fought them, I know they are dangerous. Go ahead and fight, though I don't want to have to treat a fellow healer." She smiled slightly as Bain rode off. She had a sword and she could fight when she wanted to but she prefered to wait until the need was dire.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 04:20
Suddenly the Haradrim attacked. Nethwen was thrown right into the mass of the battle. "Archers fire!" Nethwen shouted. Then a rain of arrows flew through the air and killed some of the Haradrim. Suddenly Nethwen was thrown from her horse. She stood up quickly and fought with another man. "A she-elf?" The man laughed. "Don't ever underestamate your opponet." Nethwen said. Then she stabbed him and moved onto another. Then a man kicked her, and she fell backwards. Her sword fell out of her reach. She scrambled to get it, but a Haradrim stabbed his spear into her leg. Nethwen cried out from the pain. She couldn't move anywhere. The Haradrim was about to stab her but suddenly Fhaleen stabbed him from behind. Fhaleen pulled the spear out of her leg. "Come, I'll get you off the battlefield." Fhaleen said. He helped her stand and tried to get her off as quickly as he could. "Why are you helping me? You are one of them." Nethwen asked. "You helped me and now I'm going to help you. Not many would show such mercy to an enemy." Fhaleen said. "You are not the enemy Fhaleen, you are just a boy." Nethwen said. "Many of the boys at my camp are born with hatred in their blood, but I'm different. I don't want to hate. That is why they sent me. They want me to be like them." Fhaleen explained. Then Fhaleen saw a bush, he could hide her under there. "I'm going to hide you behind that bush. I can't carry you all the way and I need to help your friends." Fhaleen said. After Fhaleen had laid her there he charged back out. "I have never seen such bravery in a boy so young." Nethwen said.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Heart_of_Courage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 06:38
[exit thread]

(continue on ladies)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 01:32
As bain rode into the fight zone the size of the attacking party was large. A Barge of arrows had helped. Now bain did her what she was best at. Lost herself in battle.

She started with her arrows. She loosed 3 in short order each taking out a haridrim.

Then they were too close to her so she drew her sword, it lorien balance of strength and beuty had very failed.

She was attacking on one side her faithful horse was keeping men from getting too close one the other.

As she switched over she saw an elf maid being carried, drug would be a better word, by the youth she had seen by the water fall. She was shocked he seamed to be on there side.

Bain fought with determination.

At one point a man got too close and spooked her horse. She was not prepared for the rearing up. It unseated her.

Even as she hit the ground the man who had spoked hte horse came at her. Bain's horse recovered and came back, it kicked the man before he could strike at Bain. He went flying backward and would never fight again.

Bain was up patted the horse on its mane and went on to her next fight the animal gaurding her back.

(will come back for typos later)

[Edited on 17/8/2006 by tawar_meldis]
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 04:48
Iswaellen hurried to the gardens and cut several more herbs. They were already flooded with the wounded and there were more coming. And from what shw was told, the battle was not going well. Elrond was already thinking of sending reinforcements from Lothlorien, though who knew if Rivendell would last long enough? At her side was an elvish longsword, Althasil. She rarely carried it, she rarely needed to. She glanced at the battle at the distance and squinted at a bush. Even with her elven eyes, she could not be certain of what she saw. It almost looked like a person was hiding. She ran forward and stared at the person. It was Nethwen! She could now see the wound from the spear. She pulled Althasil and held it in front of her. She ran as fast as she could towards Nethwen, avoiding every Haradrim and Orc she could. She finally reached Nethwen and spotted a nearby rider-less horse. She pulled the horse near her and bent down near Nethwen. She picked up Nethwen and carefully set her on the horse before climbing up her self. "Hold on," she mumbled, before sending the horse into a full blown gallop to the healing halls.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 03:43
When Nethwen was in the healing halls she was very restless. "You must try to find the Haradrim boy. He saved me, and he is different than the others. I think he has a good heart." Nethwen said. She watched as Isweallen wrapped her wound. "Do you think he will be killed in battle?" Nethwen asked, she whinced from the pain.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 09:10
Iswaellen carefully placed several leaves and herbs in Nethwen's wounds and bandaged it tight.

"You must try to find the Haradrim boy. He saved me, and he is different than the others. I think he has a good heart."
"It's uncommon but not unheard of. All I have to say is you owe him your life, if he had not hid you, an Orc or Haradrim would have killed you or at the least a horse would have trampled you."

"Do you think he will be killed in battle?"
"If the other Haradrim realize he's on our side, they will focus their attention on him. No doubt he knows many more things that would helps us and hurt them." Iswaellen finished binding Nethwen's wound. "Now, if you know what's good for you, you would stay here until your leg healed."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 11:48
Nethwen felt helpless. She wanted to fight, and find Fhaleen. Questions kept flooding into her mind. "what if he's hurt, maybe he is already dead on the battlefield." Nethwen thought. She could hear the crys of war and the sound of orcs screeching, it was horrible. "When will it end?" Nethwen whispered to herself.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 04:11
Bain was fighting with everything she had.

Bain noticed that the elves were slowly retreating but she had not moved. Now she might well be surrounded with out warning. So she started moving in the direction of the elves.

Just a few steps later she was facing an orc and a haradrim. the orc screamed and her horse steped forward and kicked it, it would scream no more.

Then Bain steped up to the man and he swung with an uper cut and a chuckle. Bain blocked the sword and her move surpresed him and in a second he had been almost cut in 2.

In a minute Bain was part of the elven line.

There was nothing to do but take these out one at a time. Hopefully there were enough warriors.

As the fighting continued Bain could feel her strength waning.

(will come back and work on typos later)
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 08:00
Iswaellen hurried between patients, her apron and dress splattered with blood, none of it her own. She had to send everyone who was already bandaged, including Nethwen, (i'm sorry about gming but i'm sure you can use this as a chance to escape and fight) out of the halls. There simply wasn't enough room for anyone who wasn't in need of bandaging. She wiped the sweat of her forehead. Elrond had already sent messengers for help from Lothlorien but it would take five days for them to arrive. And who knew whether Rivendell would last that long?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 06:00
Nethwen slipped out. She knew the messengers would never reach Lorien in time, but she wanted to try. Shew anted to be one of the messengers on her steed. She quickly found her horse in the stables. Nethwen jumped on, although her leg ached with pain. She knew one way to slip out unnoticed. She rode slowly. Then once she made it passed the Haradrim she bolted. She knew it would take a while but she had to try.
It took her a day to get halfway to Lorien, but she saw warriors coming. She raced over to them. "Our time is short warriors of Lorien!" Nethwen cried. "You must hurry or it will be too late!" Nethwen said. Then Nethwen saw Haldir. He was a good friend of hers so she had to talk with him. She had a plan. "Haldir I have a plan." Nethwen said. "What is it?" Haldir asked. "You must catch them from behind. A surprise attack." Nethwen said. "Of course." Haldir said. "But hurry, our time is short. The halls of the healers are full of injured and dying elves." Nethwen said. The elves charged off towards Rivendell again. It would take them at least another day. Could Rivendell hold off the attack?
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 10:01
Iswaellen quickly bandaged an elven warrior and glanced at a nearby window. The sunrise. Normally she loved the sunrise but today, it just meant one less day that Rivendell could survive. Even she had little hope left. She had been working for 40 hours straight. Even though elves didn't need to sleep, they still felt weary and needed to rest. She glanced in the distance and faintly heard an elf horn. She gasped, the Lorien warriors had come! She smiled and hurried back to her work, though a little more cheerful knowing that Rivendell might have a chance.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 09:26
Bain fought through the night. There seamed to be no end to the number of men that were there to fight.

There had been a couple of very brief pauses in fighting not more then 10 or 15 minutes. So far Bain was unscathed but had numerous close calls.

Bain had noticed that the calaber of the human fighters was slideing. Maybe the elves had not been expected to hold out this long. They now seamed to be faces men without the blood lust and vigor that had been so much a part of the beginning of the fight. But they still fought with determination apparently prefereing death to desertion.

Now the sun was coming up and another wave of men was on the way. The elves had a couple of minutes before they would be on them. The line was ready and every elf had a grim faced determination not to give up.

Bain was not sure how many more assults the line could fend off. They has ever so slowly been backed up a bit here and a bit there. There was not a great deal of back up space left either.

Bain could clearly see that many of the men coming in this charge were not at all eager to be there. Maybe that could be used against them.

The 2 or 3 closest to Bain looked almost like they wanted nothing more then to flee. Bain decided to try and help them.
She let out a very load,hiddious, sort of terrifying scream. When she let it fade she grinned evilly at the men nearest to her. The 3 blanched to a near white color and screamed in terror to went scurrying back the way they had came. Those near them looked confused.
Bain lept toward the one closest to her with a snarl.
The first 2 men went down with very little resistence.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:48
In the afternoon of the next day the Lorien reinforments arrived. They caught the men from behind and killed them. It was almost like a deadly wave crashing over the men, killing all that stood in their way. Haldir and Nethwen led the charge.
Thankfully the battle ended that day. Nethwen began searching for Fhaleen. She found him, and he was dead. Nethwen wept, he had been a good friend and he had saved her life. Nethwen sadly walked back over to her horse and the warriors of Lorien. She saw Iswaellen and Bain. "Good bye friends. I must return to Lorien now, I hope we shall meet again." Nethwen said as she waved. Then she marched back to Lorien with the other warriors and Haldir.
{exit thread}
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 11:55
Afterthat battle ended Bain greeted her ex-commander Haldir and thank him and the other Lorien elves for threir timely help.

She then went to help with the wounded. She had managed to get a small scratch but there was need need for major medical help for it so she did her usual and helped others with more need first.

Toward the end of the string of wounded a firm vioce spoke to her from her slightly wounded side. "You need to have that bandaged. There in no longer any pressing healing to do."
The ellon was much older then her and Bain knew that that was no saying no to his so she walked easily with him to a nearby seat and her bandaged her wound. She spoke, "I did not have it tended to at first because I saw great need for my healing skills and this no no more than a scratch."

The ellon nodded. "that has been your way for a long time Bain. I understand your need to fight evil and even more so your need to tend the wounded. Why you try to stop your self from being tended i understand that better then you know."

Bain looked confused she had never seen this ellon before how couldhe know so much about her. She spoke haltingly. "Why? HOw? Who? I dont understand"

The ellon was just finishing the bandage, he nodded. His word helped, "I am lord elrond. The lady and I share much about you. You hold great promise for elves in the new age."
There he stopped and would not say more. Bain felt this was all he could say. She believed it was his forsite that had caused this to slip out.

Bain's shock at his name had been noticed and that is what had stop lord elrond.

(time is short will fix typos later)
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 08:35
(yay, someone playing Elrond, awesome!)

Iswaellen wearily finished the last of the bandaging and wiped the sweat from her brow. She secretly wish Lothlorien would have brought some of its healers along with their soldiers, it would have made the workload much less. She walked out into another room and spotted Bain with Lord Elrond. "Well, I see you've finally met Lord Elrond." She was suddenly aware of her own weariness and hunger, having worked over 40 hours straight with no rest and little food. Even for an elf it was hard. She spotted a nearby chair, sat down, and closed her eyes, resting. She normally would have left for her home and rested there but she was too tired.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 10:32
(yes i seam to have taken it on, I know he ws mentined before but he was never spoken as far as i recall, if i erred let me know)

Lord Elrond looked at the healer,Iswaellen. He spoke softly, "I see you have met the healer Bain. I am glad. Why was it surprising to you that I would meet Bain. She is a healer and a firghter and she has had as long day as you have, possible worse. Now, it is time for such hard working elleth to find a place to sleep." At that he held up his hand showing that there would be no compromise.

The he looked at Bain. "I know you have just arrived. You will stay in my home till you are rested. You have many abilties and I am honored you chose to help us." With that he bowed and extended his arm to Bain, who knew that there was no way to decline.

Bain was shown to a room and rested.

(will deal with typos later)(hope that clarifies things a bit)

[Edited on 7/9/2006 by tawar_meldis]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email