Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
Post Where the feet may lead you (pls pm before joining)
on: July 28, 2006 08:22
((ooc: Well, this id the first RPG I’m starting on my own. I’ve already played in some others, but this is the first time I came up with an own idea.
In the RPG I’ll play Faenon, a young man from Rohan. But more in my first post. The story takes place about five years after the War of the Ring. I don’t know yet, where it will lead us, but I’m sure together we’ll find a good storyline.
If you want to join, please pm me and tell me about your character. Oh, and it would be great if there are players who like to write longer posts. So the character development will surely be more interesting.
I’m waiting for you!!!!))

Faenon lay under the big trees of a wonderful forest. While he was watching the glittering lights through the leaves above him, he thought that his life was nearly perfect.

The young, slim man with the long black hairs and the dark eyes actually came from Edoras, Rohan. The last years he had spent under the riders of King Éomer. He was a good and strong king. The people of Edoras and of everywhere else in Rohan admired him. Also Faenon. He was close to the king. They had known each other since their childhood.

Faenon had everything he needed while riding for Éomer. Side by side they helped to build up the towns after the War of the Ring. This was five years ago.

But nevertheless there had been something that Faeon missed. At first he couldn’t tell what it was, but as the years passed by he found out thet he wanted to see more of Middle-earth. He wanted to travel beyond the borders of Rohan. And, that he wanted to be free. Free to decide the way he took on his own. Free to do whatever he wanted. Free of the daily life.

Of course it took him quite a long time to think it over. But more and more he came to the conclusion that it was time for him to leave and live his own life.

It had been a rainy day as he had gone to the king. He told Éomer everything that lay on his heart. Every tiny detail. The king at first seemed to be very disappointed, because he was not only loosing a brave rider and sword fighter, but also a dear friend. But after a long discussion they wished each other farewell.

This was four and a half days ago. Now that Faenon was lying in the woods, still in Rohan, but already far from Edoras, he smiled. He really was free! He still didn’t know where to go first, but he was sure that his feet, or the feet of his black horse Tabia, would lead him somewhere. It wasn’t important where, just anywhere.

More than content with his life, Faenon closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh air.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where the feet may lead you (pls pm before joining)
on: July 30, 2006 11:12
(YAY!! i'm first!! thanks)

Larien approached Elrond cautiously. The elf was normally in a foul disposition, and she didn't want to upset him. He noticed her, and opened his arms.
"Greetings, Larien!" he seemed happy to see her. When he hugged her, her suspicions were confirmed. He was in a good mood. Of course, being Arwen's best friend, he treated her like a daughter. He was on his balcony, looking across Rivendell, glad that not much was in need of repair after the War of the Ring. Larien had been helping restore Rivendell to the state in had always been in (not much needed to be done, but the elves were always on their guard, and Larien helped calm their angst, and reintroduced them to the good of the world).

"Do you need anything, Larien?"
"Yes. As you know, since Arwen is busy with 'queenly' duties in Gondor, I have helped out around here."
"Yes. You have been like a second daughter to me."
"Thank you. As I was saying, I have helped out, and Rivendell is as beautiful and perfect as it was before the War, if not more so. I was wondering..."
"Yes, Larien?"
"...if I could leave Rivendell for awhile. I do not want you to feel that I am abandoning you, but I would like to see more of Middle-Earth."
"Of course, Larien. I suspected that you were becoming bored around here."
"Thank you, Elrond."
"You had better go pack your things, then. Middle-Earth is vast, and you will need two days to pack enough food."
"I am sure I can manage."
"If you are certain..."

Larien went to pack her belongings. She packed only some of her clothes, the ones that would be suitable for journeying. The dresses and jewelry she left. She brought her favorite book, in case she stopped somewhere and wanted to do something besides drink ale and talk. She strung her arrows and bow across her back, and strapped her lightweight sword around her waist. She packed some Lembas bread that she had saved from her short journey to Lothlorien, but wanted to depend on her hunting skills to eat.

As she left Rivendell, she wasn't sure where she wanted to go first, or what she wanted to see. She knew before her life was over, she had planned to see Rohan, Fangorn, Mirkwood, Northern Waste, and the Shire. She knew she wanted to see these places when she packed, so she packed extra clothes for the climate - especially Northern Waste. She knew no one really lived there, but she loved the cold weather, and snow. She had only seen snow once, but that was enough. And she knew that was the best place to go if you wanted to see a dragon. Larien loved dragons. She had read all sorts of stories about them, and even though they were depicted as evil and killers, she knew they were just misunderstood.

As twilight came about, she pulled out a blanket, and lay under a tree in the outskirts of Rivendell, looking at the stars through the branches of the trees, and for the first time since before the War of the Ring, she was truly happy with her life.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 05:25
(( I will pick up for my char like this is shortly after 'muder in rohan' another rpg that has finished. That would be correct time line wise.))

Earedil had left Edoras about a month a go once the cellebrations had ended and the king was safe.

She a a long history of taking the safety of others as a personel thing. Even with the encouragement of the elf she had met in that she still did not change her manor a dress or her willfull determination to be treated like a simple haman maden. That is what she looked. She was a bit smaller them most females with blond hair and a small gentle features, males often seemed to think she was helpless or a child. However her skills with bow and arrow were as good and 95 % of the rohirrim. She sword was hidden but she could draw it with very little time and would if need be, even though it confused humans to no end. (her sword is Lorien made)

As she rode she spoke to her mare Hyldo. The animal has been her only true freind in some years.

She was a long way fron eldoras now the woods were stiring memories even though she know that these were not the golden woods remembered.

She had not seen a human or even an orc or goblin in days so her guard was down a bit. Still keeping her eyes open for any of the above.

Then without warning she turned a bend in the wood land path she was following and saw a man laying on the ground with his eyes closed.

As soon as she saw him she cleared her thoat and spoke softly, "I did not mean to disturb your rest. I am Earendil. I can well understand the wish to be alone in this calm peaceful place. If you wish I will continue and leave you in peace."

((sorry it took so long to start posting. I hope this gives you some thing to work from))
LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 03:52
Ramo had left Imladris behind without a second glance. Although she had been born in the Elven city her heart did not belong there. Too much had happened in her life to scar her soul and body for her to remain amoung those of the Fair Folk.

She pulled her hair over her ears to hide their obvious difference. The half-elf was dressed simply in a blue dress that was unadorned. A dagger was attached to her waist by a belt and although it was made in a beautiful and delicate manner there was no doubt that she knew how to use it well. She went through the brush as quietly as possible, taking care not to step on twigs that were likely to snap. Two voices speaking caught her attention and she froze mid stride.

Ramo cocked her head to one side, listening. A man and a woman. She licked her lips and stayed motionless. Whether they knew of her presence or not was irrelevant. They could be dangerous. Middle Earth was still a place where one had to be wary, despite the war ending.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 10:03
Larien awoke to the sound of footsteps. She looked up and to the side and saw another elf leaving Rivendell. It was Ramo, her other best friend. She decided to follow Ramo, to get an idea as to where to go first. But she didn't want to startle the half-elf. She looked like she wanted to be left alone. So she followed her.

They stopped on the outskirts of Lorien a week and a half later. Larien heard voices. Of men. A male and female. She stopped right behind Ramo and snapped a twig. Suddenly there was a notched bow in her face. She backed away slowly until Ramo recognized her.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 07:15
((Great posts everyone!!!! Sorry that I couldn't write earlier, I had to work....))

The warm sun was shining on his face as Faenon lay in the woods. He dreamed of his new freedom. Nevertheless he still didn't know where to go first.

Suddenly he heard the voice of a woman right in front of him. Alarmed he sat up and opened his eyes, his right hand already on his sword that lay beside him.

Slowly his eyes got used to the light. There really was someone standing in front of him. A small woman with blond hair. He thought that he had seen her before, but couldn't tell where or when.

She already wanted to turn around and go away. She ahd said that she would alos leave him alone, if he wished. So Faenon also cleared his throat and said: "No, no, eh...., Earendil, right?! You didn't disturb me, you just woke me from a little nap."

He stopped talking. Could he trust everyone in the wilderness?! Well, he thought, she doesn't like very dangerous. And so he decided to ask her: "What brings you here?! So far from the next city?! And alone?!"

Before she could answer, he thougth that he had heard another noise. His ears were good, trained in battle. But he couldn't see anyone, so he stopped looking around and turned again to Earendil, waiting for her to answer. Perhaps he had only imagined it. Nevertheless he listened with one ear into the woods around them.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 01:57
Earendil looked at the man. He did look vaguely familiar which was odd. She seldom forgot a face. He had said it was ok for her to stay. and she nodded at that.

She spent the next minute trying to figure out the sound she was sure she had heard. She was glad the man seamed also to have heard it. He was looking about, also.

Then his words sunk in on her.

What brings you here?! So far from the next city?! And alone?!"

Earendil looked at him, "I have no family, no reason to tarry in one place." She looked him over throughly. She knew she may be should not but she did that all the time.

Then she continued, " I can take care of myself. I do not carry this bow and quiver for show. I also can use my dager and sword if I must." After a brief pause and grin at him she continued, "you will not make me use them on you, will you."

She turned her head suddenly and looked back at the forest. The sound from before had been repeated. It was loader this time, closer. Some thing seamed to be sneaking up on them.

Earendil looked back at the man. She spoke softly, "you do know that you never did give me your name and that we are about to not be alone right."

LizzyB
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 11:24
At the snap of a twig Ramo had whirled placing an aroow to her string. "Och.. I thought full bloods were supposed to be the silent ones." She shook her head and relaxed her grip on her weapon. "Why are you following me Larien?" She put the arrow back in its quiver and slung the bow over her shoulders then crossed her arms, a position most elves didn't assume. "Look... mellon nin please go home. You'll be in quite a bit of trouble if you don't." She shifted her weight slightly and her heel came down on a sizable stick, snapping it audibly. She cursed then shook her head again. "Our presence is well known by now."

She stepped slowly out of the brush hands extended palm up to show she meant no harm. "I apologize for eavesdropping. I was simply passing through and heard voices." She dipped her head slightly. "I am Ramo, daughter of Avanti... This.. This is Larien, noblewoman of Imladris."
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 03:49
"Listen, Ramo, I didn't follow you out of Imladris. I had already left, planning to see the world. I thought following you would be a good idea to find out where I wanted to go first."

They stepped into the small clearing where two humans stood.

"I am Ramo, daughter of Avanti, This is Larien, noblewoman of Imladris."
"Thank you, Ramo, but I can do my own introduction. I refuse to be addressed as a noblewoman any longer. I am my own adventurer. I should like to visit Arwen in Gondor before my adventures are over, but do any of you know where we should start? Or do you just like being in the woods? Because if you two want to be left alone, just ask, I will head in my own direction. Am I talking too much? I have a habit of doing that. Let me start this over. What are your names?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:58
Earendil was surpirsed by the presence of the 2 elf maidens.

She smiled slighlty, then she spoke, "I am Earendil. Personelly I have no destination. I am not even positive exactly were to find Gondor. But I am pleased to meet you both." She paused then and glanced at the man on the ground, feeling sort of out of place being the only one on a horse. The she continued. "I am not even sure of the gentlemans name for I just rode into this clearing a minute or 2 ago my self."

Then she stroked the neck of her mare, one sure sign that she was unsure of herself. The animal's strenght and calmness always calmed and reassured her as well. She was glad that she had raised the mare from a colt.

Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 07:23
Faenon was somehow pleased that also Earendil seemed to have heard the noices. Before he could even tell her his name, the noises out the bush became louder and suddenly two Elve maidens came out.

One of them, Larien, if he got it right, really talked much. Faenon was a bit confused. Just two minutes ago he was lying alone on the ground, sleeping, and now three others were standing around him.

At this thought he realized that he was still half sitting, half lying on the ground. A bit hectically he stood up. Noticing that he might look a bit silly because of the confusion, he finally smiled at all of them.

After clearing his throat once more, he said: "My name is Faenon, I come from Edoras. I was one of the riders of King Éomer."

Then for a short time nobody of them spoke. Everybody looked at the others. Faenon still wasn't sure if he could trust them. But, on the other hand, he thought, they don't look dangerous and they are female. Of course he knew that this was no reason, but it somehow comforted him.

Finally he spoke again to break the silence: "So, Liniel, you would like to see Gondor?! It's a really beautiful country, and Minas Tirith is brilliant. But it's a far journey. And still the roads are not safe. But I can tell you some fast ways on which you can travel. I've been to Minas Tirith before."

He thought to himself, that it would be nice to travel there, too. He would have an aim to reach, but he wasn't sure if he should already offer to travel along with her, or one of the other two.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 11:56
Earendil was utterly shocked to learn that his man had been in the service of King Eomer. It was only a month ago, she, herself, with the aid of a few others had done the king a great service.

Then she nodded at the man. Then it made sence as to why he looked familiar. She made a snap desicion and dismounted at that time.

She spoke softly, "you were one of the many who remained loyal to King Eomer during his last difficulty. I am glad to meet you, Faenon. That would explain why you look familiar to me"

She reached out her hand in proper rohan greeting.

(sorry it so short. Time is short to day. will work on typos later)

[Edited on 13/8/2006 by tawar_meldis]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 06:27
(who is liniel??)

Larien looked at the two humans. Other than saying their names, there was not much conversation. She wondered if she could trust them.
'I probably made a bad impression. I seriously need to learn to listen and not speak,' she thought to herself.
"Do either of you know a safe road to the Northern Waste? I was going to look for a dragon."

She knew she sounded foolish. To look for a dragon was to look for death. But she had always wanted to see one. And it was probably ridiculous to want to be in the cold, but Larien was tired of the warmth of Rivendell and the woods. She wanted a new experience. She just hoped the humans were up to it, because she certainly wasn't going alone.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 02:05
Earendil looked at the female elf a bit bemused.
She shook her head and spoke"from what I have heard, the northern land have never been truly safe. That would not change now."

She then looked back at Faenon. He certainly did not look to be the evil sort that had truly ploted against King Eomer.

She decided to try a odd appoach, "you sure look honorable and not like you have been throw out of the the guard, as happend to a few men."

She waited, part of her still not sure if she had misjudged this man or not. If she had they were all in grave danger.Sorry she is not always fully trusting.

(will fix typos later)

[Edited on 18/8/2006 by tawar_meldis]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 12:48
"Of course it isn't safe! I need an adventure in my boring life!" Larien stated. By now she had sat down on the moss under a tree, and watched the humans cautiously. It appeared that they didn't know each other very well, and human strangers could get testy, as she knew. So she sat, but with caution.

Eventually they would decide whether to join her or not, and if it was the latter, she would continue her journey, and look for other people to come with her. If no one was with her by the time she arrived in Gondor, She was turning around back to Rivendell. At least the fresh air would have done her some good.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 01:59
OOC: Umm...hello, I got an offer to join this by Aravis17, so I don't know. I will be playing with my Sindarin elf, Nathron, if that is ok. He is in the member's database, and you can PM me with any questions.

IC: Nathron was slowly making his way through the tree branches, his red hair was tied in a tight pony tail to keep it out of his green eyes. The Sindarin elf gripped a branch until his knuckles turned white, up ahead, there were voices, most seemed to be female, but he could distinctly tell that there was one male figure among them.
He dropped silently to a lower branch on the tree, to people he would appear no more then a squirrel or a bird at the height he was at. He crawled along slowly, careful in his footing even for an elf. Souron had been defeated five years ago, but still he trusted no one, and comeing from one that had been around since the first age of the world it was not unfitting.
He stopped above a clearing, there, in it, were several femal, both elven and human, and one human male. He looked Gondorian, but experiance made Nathron think otherwise. Something was to...different about him, his accent was of the Rohan people. He observed quietly for a while.
A squirrel, probably unknowingly, landed on his shoulder, jumping off rather quickly, but not quickly enough for Nathron to not suffer surprise. He slipped slightly, causing the branch to wobble. He froze in place, wondering if the people below had seen him.

[Edited on 20/8/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:27
Larien's elven ears caught a slight sound behind them. The humans continued to speak, while Ramo continued to watch, as both elves were curious about these people. Larien looked, and sure enough, there was a red-haired elf behind them, trying to hide in the trees.
"Come out, stranger, let us learn your name! Prove that you are not an enemy!" The two humans broke off from their conversation, to look at Larien. She knew they were confused as to whom she was speaking to. She noticed Ramo follow her glance, and knew that she understood what had caught Larien's attention.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:34
"Come out, stranger, let us learn your name! Prove that you are not an enemy!"
Nathron flinched, next time he would approach from the ground where nothing could startle him, or so he hoped.
Nathron climbed down onto a lower branch cautiously, enough to be seen by all of the small group, but high enough to get up to saftey should he need to.
"I might ask you to prove that you are not an enemy either, but as a show of good faith, I am Nathron." He didn't blink as he matched the looks from the group. His green eyes starred questioningly at them. Each was quite young, at least in comarison to him, he determined. Nathron drew himself up slightly.
"And to prove your good faith, what are your names?" He held no emotion in his voice.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 05:16
"I am Larien of Imladris. My fellow elf companion is Ramo, also of Imladris. We have just come across these two humans in this clearing. We do not know where we are headed, and are still awaiting a decesion on where our journey will take us, at least, I am. For I am not going anywhere unless someone is with me; I will not travel Middle-Earth alone."

Larien knew this elf was on his guard, and she did not want to make an enemy of him, so she spoke as truthfully as she could, without making her seem an outsider of this group.

She hoped he would offer to join them. As it was, there was only the two elven maidens, a human maid, and a man; their odds against a foe were not so good. She was with her best friend, yes, but the two humans seemed jumpy and suspicious at best, and Larien wanted another confident elf to journey with them. She waited for the elf to reply.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 12:39
"I am Larien of Imladris. My fellow elf companion is Ramo, also of Imladris. We have just come across these two humans in this clearing. We do not know where we are headed, and are still awaiting a decesion on where our journey will take us, at least, I am. For I am not going anywhere unless someone is with me; I will not travel Middle-Earth alone."

Nathron considered what had been spoken by Larien, he held his position in the tree, allowing himself to relax but a little. He knew that he was probably being overly suspicious but he could not help but feel that way. After all the wars he had lived through he had learned that discretion and avoidance of people was generally the best course of action.
"I sense no deciete in your words..." He said carefully, "I do not know where you are headed then, and perhaps that is why I do not like the prospect of joining your group...but, as I have very few other places I can go, if you would have me, it would be an honor to join your group." He gently let himself fall from the branch (which was well over his own height) landing in a crouch and standing. He was tall, standing at 6'3, he examined each of the people in the group and nodded, waiting their approval or disapproval.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 09:52
((OOC: Sorry again for the late reply.... Laziness came over me ....
@ Aravis17: Sorry, of course I meant Larien, not Liniel, mixed it up.... And I've read your pm, I think you are right, let's see what happens, Faenon does not decide yet ....
@minstral: Welcome to the RPG. Glad to have another male character....))

IC:

Faenon heard Earendil saying:

"you sure look honorable and not like you have been throw out of the the guard, as happend to a few men."

He was quite surprised that someone would talk to him in this direct way. But he was not angry, on the contrary, so he answered smiling: "I think that I can call myself an honorable man, yes. I served the king many years and he also is a very dear friend of mine, but I chose to leave nevertheless."

Then he listened to the small conversation for a while and thought about Larien's suggestion with the dragon. But before he could say anything on this topic another Elf joined the group, quite tall and he also seemed to be a bit suspicious. He intorduced himself as Nathron.

Faenon looked at him for a while, also considering if he was trustworthy. He still didn't like the idea to travel along with so many people strange to him. But otherwise, wasn't this the reason why he left Rohan?! To see something of Middle-earth, meet knew people and so on?!

He then went one step nearer to Narthon and said gently: "My name is Faenon. I'm from Rohan. Welcome to our little 'meeting'. It seems as if I have chosen the wrongest place in whole Middle-earth to take a nap." He had to smile.

Then he went on: "So, Larien, you are interested in seeing a dragon.... I haven't seen one myself yet, so I think that it would be an interesting journey. But Earendil is also right. The northern parts are still dangerous and not save. But if we are a group then we might be able to organise ourselves in this journey."

He paused for a short time before he turned to the whole group standing around him. "I can only speak for me," he said, "but I will join your little adventure, if you take me with you. As for the others, what about all of you?!"

He looked in the eyes of everyone, expecting an honest answer and hoping for them to agree with him and Larien.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 11:02
(personally im glad you are backto writing on this thread.)

Earendil nodded as Faenon spoke, there did not appear to be any lie in his eyes as he spoke of being the kings friend.

Earendil watched the interaction with the new elf. His colors was different and he was taller then most elves she had enountered, at least it seamed that way to her, though she has almost no interations with elves in many years. It is possible her memories were off. She had memoiry of few if any red headed elves.

Earendil took a couple of steps toward the new elf after the man was done speaking. She knew she was no taller then the elf madens would were and her facial features small as well. She senced in the elf an age that would have astounded her if she had not spent some time in lorien. She was not going to go into her confused history right now.

Earendi spoke softly, looking straight into the new elfs eyes, "I am called Earendil, I also happened into this clearing with no destination in mind."

"While I would no go to the north alone as a group we might be able to keep each other safe but hopefully we will have at least a few days to become aquainted before we must depend on oeach other." During this last bit she looked around at the group.
Part of her knowing that it would be in some ways easier to reveal her past now but she would wait to see if these were honorable or not. Her past history had made her not very trusting of sharing her past.

Now all that was felt was to decide how to go on from here.

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 03:55
"My name is Faenon. I'm from Rohan. Welcome to our little 'meeting'. It seems as if I have chosen the wrongest place in whole Middle-earth to take a nap."
Nathron looked curiously at the man's smile, but could not resist feeling a little more comfortable around these people. He hoped that he would not be betrayed.
Another person, a young elf woman, who named herself, Earendil, introduced herself. Nathron nodded back in greeting.
"It is a pleasure, and an honour, to meet you all." He said more easily then before. "You are quite correct, Earendil, we are to...suspicious...of each other to fully trust our lives in the hands of another. Perhaps your suggestion has merrit. To the north? an interesting choice, as you said, it is fraught with dangers. Perhaps not a dragon, they prefer warmer climates except for cold-drakes. And I do not know how many still exist today. But I think that it would be an interesting adventure none the less. I will follow you if you would have me as well." Nathron said.

OOC: Ok, extreamly important, I will be gone for about 4 to 5 days starting today. Camping with my father as it is. Someone look after Nathron for me (I don't really care who)

[Edited on 22/8/2006 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 23/8/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 04:54
minstral,

I think I know what you're driving at in your mention of 'ice drakes' however they were called 'cold drakes'. There is a nice article here and here which you might find interesting.

I've edited your mention of 'ice drakes' to 'cold drakes'.

BerethEdhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 04:49
"Thank you, Faenon, I am glad to have some company on my travels. And you, Nathron. I feel more at ease now, knowing I will be in your presence."

"Ramo, we have been best friends since we were young. Will you join us as well?" Larien had a feeling Ramo would say yes, especially since she knew Ramo wouldn't want to be alone with a human maiden in the forest. And Ramo wanted adventure as well, at least, that's how it came across to Larien. So all that was left was Earendil. Would she join them, or continue on her way? Larien waited patiently, as she was standing next to Nathron and Ramo. Faenon was leaning against a tree near Nathron, but mainly away from the group. They were all looking at Earendil, waiting for her to say something.

[Edited on 8/23/2006 by Aravis17]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 12:06
Earendil smile a shy smile. Tthen seh spoke, "then it is settle, to the north we go. Let us hope for a few calm days."

Then she went to her mare and spoke in rohan to her, "well little one it looks like we are heading north with these honerable folk." then she pick up the riens which where without a bridle and walked to ward the northern edge of the woods. The mare was walking without any sign of being upset by the new comers. This made Earendil feel better about them Hyldo had a nack for knowing when someone ment ill.

(will work on typos later)
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 02:18
((Just wanted to tell you that I'm off for 7-10 days, holidays!!!! Just keep Faenon going and have fun playing!!!! I'll post as soon as I'll be back.... See you all then!!!!))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 06:00
OOC: Yay! I'm back!

IC: Nathron nodded his head gravely. He waited for the others to agree on going then leapt up into the nearest tree branch. He had no horse and this was the fastest way for him to travel otherwise.
"then it is settle, to the north we go. Let us hope for a few calm days."
"Then let us head off now, for it shall probably rain later on in the week." He perched precautiously on the branch, waiting for the others to start walking.
Maesyfelin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 07:49
(( Hello aravis sortta suggested that i should join hope no one else minds))

Ngelogas kneeled next to a particularly Nice Silver beech and began to mend a large wound in its trunk. By the look of it the poor tree had been bleeding for three to four days the sap was cold and had a skin. After examining the wound and taking a sample of the sap Ngelogas took a nice "2.5" plug and plugged up the cut Hopefully the plug would become a part of the tree and stop the bleeding. As the a large crow flew overhead Ngelogas thought about his job, he had been a tree doctor for fifty years and he loved his job, but for some reason it did't supply him with the adventure he needed. as he followed the bird in it's flight he saw some large black figure perched in a tree. He immediately ran towards the scoundrel that tree was very young and frail too frail to be climbed on.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 04:02
Nathron sat more comfortably on the tree he was in. The tree was a fine young ash tree. Nathron revelled in the vitality he could feel in it. He angrily pushed a strand of his red hair, that had fallen loose, out of his eyes. He quickly tied it back up.
While he waited for the others he took note of his surroundings. Looking for any dangers that could possibly be lurking behind the bushes, or fallen logs. And by doing so, something...or rather someone...caught the corner of his eye.
Nathron quickly had his bow out, and an arrow notched at the ready. The person in question seemed to be in a great state of frustration with...something. Nathron could only wonder at that for the moment.
"We have company." He said calmly to the waiting group.
Maesyfelin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 07:33
Nelogas Ran wave his arms in frustration until he came to the base of the tree as he looked up he saw a Rather confused Elf pointing an arrow at him. "Not trying to intrude on your lovely picnic up there but do you no how dangerous that is!" "You are not't waring any kind of harness you could fall and hurt yourself and that's the least of my worrys! You could snap a branch or disrupt any of the rare birds or tree dwelling animals or insects that only live in this kind of tree! Do you have any idea what you could do you idiocentric fool!"

The Elf looked slightly askewed but not guilty by the least as the Elf began to climb down the tree to talk to him several other Elfs crowded around him probably attracted by Ngelogas' ranting screams of hatred maybe not hatred that was too harsh a word ranting screams of anger
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 10:52
Earendil had bairly gone a dozen steps she had not even made it out of the clearing when she heard.

"We have company
followed by
"Not trying to intrude on your lovely picnic up there but do you no how dangerous that is!" "You are not't waring any kind of harness you could fall and hurt yourself and that's the least of my worrys! You could snap a branch or disrupt any of the rare birds or tree dwelling animals or insects that only live in this kind of tree! Do you have any idea what you could do you idiocentric fool!"

Earendil had dealt with a couple of older men how had lost there marbles before.

so she spoke in her usual soft voice makeing sure there was no trace af saracum or any thing but kindness. "my good sir, I am sure it is not anyones intension to harm that fine tree or any animals that are in its leaves. As a matter of fact we were just leaving the area. In search of a little adventure. With no ill will to any tree."

She paused. no use pushing her luck. She smiled gently.

(will deal with typos later)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 01:25
"Not trying to intrude on your lovely picnic up there but do you no how dangerous that is!" "You are not't waring any kind of harness you could fall and hurt yourself and that's the least of my worrys! You could snap a branch or disrupt any of the rare birds or tree dwelling animals or insects that only live in this kind of tree! Do you have any idea what you could do you idiocentric fool!"
Nathron raised his eyebrow at the man's tirade. He lowered his bow, releasing the tension in the string, an amused look on his fair features. But, not wanting confrontation, he oblidged and climbed down the tree. He knew that he had not been hurting the tree, as old as he was he could sense when he caused something distress...but still...best not to tempt fate when anger was involved.
"I will have to beg your forgiveness then, good tree keeper, I guess that I...in my idiocentric foolishness, forgot that trees are to be left to themselves and that my place is on the ground." He bowed, mirth in his eyes. He had said all of this sweetly, but overly it was just plain sarcastic. And that much, at least, was evidant. Nathron grinned slightly, he was going to enjoy this adventure...he was sure of that!
Maesyfelin
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 11:31
Ngelogas frowned at the elves standing in front of him, both of them had been patronizing him he could tell it from the ache in his bones, well maybe the girl wasn't she was pretty and fresh faced but the other was just a plain old dolt doing whatever his heart desired and not raking into regard the rules or restrictions.

Ngelogas stopped thinking and grunted at the two adolescents "so where are you going on this ADVENTURE huh"? "To the millers to get son bread for your mother eh?

The two elves looked rather offended so Ngelogas changed tack on the conversation "You know i was only teasing you, don't you, don't take personaly"
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 12:15
Larien approached with her bow raised, flanked by Ramo and Faenon, who had his sword drawn.
"What is the problem, Nathron? Does this one need a warning, or a punishment?" she asked, tightening her hold on the string. Then she realized it was an elf. Her hold loosened. Then she realized it was Ngelogas. She had met him before, when she was in Lothlorien, and the two had become friends.
"Ngelogas?" she dropped her bow and ran towards him, arms out in an elvish greeting. She placed her hand on his shoulder.
"It's Larien! Remember, from Imladris? We met in Lothlorien, and you showed me a thing or two on healing and the trees around us. I'm so glad to see you! Sorry for the death threat," she added apologetically. He raised his hand and put it on her shoulder, lifted his head, and smiled.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email