Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Where the feet may lead you (pls pm before joining)
on: November 30, 2006 08:27
As Earendil stood there her self control was on the edge of nothing, Then she was shocked by.

"There is nothing to forgive." He said quietly, he pulled her into a comforting embrace.

Earendil lost what little control she had left. SHe had had no comfort in 75 years, it was not what she was expecting.

She began to cry in earnest, the tears rolling down her face. Earendil was barely able to keep from cry out verbally. She put her arms around this ellon and held to his strenght. She know it would be a while before she could stop the tears. They came seldom, but when they did there was no stopping them.

(( ooc. Just in case your char is want to try and distract Earendil. Now that he has her in tears. She does carry her fathers sword on her back under her cloak. It is up to you if he notices or comments. I would not presume to know what you have in mind for your char response or how you pictured your original embrace. Too bad we dont seam to be online at the same time. But if you want to use private messages to try and work this out or just post and work with it, its up to you.)

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 11:52
Nathron spoke soft words of comfort to Earendil. He let her cry, not moving in the least, offering a shoulder to lean on, and a friend to cry with. He did notice then that she carried a sword on her back, but he made no comment, he would inquire later.
"It is ok," He said, he let her put her arms around him, "I am here, not all tears are a curse. Shh...hush now, it is ok." He murmured these soft spoken words, and more, to her. Trying to ease her pain. He rarely let himself get so close to someone this fast, but he knew that right now, she would need a friend and even though he was skittish, he was willing to be her friend.
He silently stood there. He would not move until she was ready. She was probably falling asleep as it was. He did not know what the others of the group would think, but he ignored that for now. Right now, all that mattered was Earendil.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 11:50
Earendil let the tears flow for a long while she knew there was nothing to do that could stop them. While she heard his words there was no way for her to say anything.

As the tears lessened the thought that she was supposed to still be on watch occured to her but she could not bring herself to pull away from Nathron.

Now the exhaustion was over welming but to fall asleep standing up in a tree would be very problematic.

After the tears stopped she whispered to Nathron, " i am about to fall asleep, I need to get out this tree and wake up the next gaurd, but my balance and strength are not good right now. This is so odd for me. I am afriad im going to need some help the get down."

She was not sure how this elf was going to take this so she paused unsure. She took one arm from around the ellon and wiped the eyes, taking a couple of deep breaths. Trying to control her breathing and gather ther strength.

ooc- unless im mistaken Earendil climbed up a tree to talk and now that needs to be delt with. Good luck I will work with any ideas you have on that. Preferablely not falling. That would sting
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 12:13
" i am about to fall asleep, I need to get out this tree and wake up the next gaurd, but my balance and strength are not good right now. This is so odd for me. I am afriad im going to need some help the get down."

Nathron understood her. She took one arm away from him and wiped some of her tears away, Nathron waited until she had finished before picking her up.
"Hold onto my neck, it will be easier for me to get down." She complied and he slowly climbed down, using one handn to secure himself to the tree.
He set her down on her feet leading her back to her own spot in the campground. He smiled at her.
"Don't worry, you get some rest, I shall wake the next guard for you, sleep now." He tucked her blanket over her, clasped her hand gently, and went to wake the next guard.
It had been odd to be so close to Earendil, he didn't know what to think. But he hoped that it would make her feel better. It was hard for him to see people in pain. He would keep her close for a while, look out for her as best he could, Nathron silently vowed.

OOC: I didn't know who wanted to take the next guard so I suppose its like a first come first serve.

[Edited on 1/12/2006 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 12:08
As Nathron tucked Earendil im she spoke softly "thank you".

Then she went right to sleep.

ooc- Now that my char and mistrals are done intreacting for a while now would be a good time for all those who held off posting to get back into it.
I did not intend for their talk to stop others from posting.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 01:11
I fully agree with tawar_medis, and Nathron is up for the last watch anyway So come on guys, don't abandon this post
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 11:39
ooc: i'm baaack!! sorry, quizilla is addicting, and i haven't been on in a few weeks

ic: It was Larien's turn to go on watch, but she hadn't been paying attention. She had been watching Nathron and Earendil talking, and was startled when they embraced, Earendil crying profusely. She knew Nathron wouldn't push her off; he was a kind and patient elf. But they held each other way too long. Larien felt a twang of jealousy that she didn't recognize. She barely knew these people. They were just traveling to a common destination together. But the fact that these two were especially getting along, and she was still the outsider, the one they were following only for adventure, hurt her. She knew that if going to the Northern Waste hadn't been her idea, they probably would ignore her completely. This she was thinking as Nathron came over to her and pushed her shoulder, gently.
"What?" she asked, and then realized that she had guard duty.
"Right, nevermind," she said as she got up from where she had been sitting, leaning against a tree, and went to watch.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2006 01:29
Nathron raised an eyebrow, Larien's response had been to sharp for it to be lack of sleep.
"Larien?" He approached her cautiously, "Is something the matter?" He asked her, a confused expression on his face. What was the matter? He was wondering why he took such troubles to make his companions feel better, but he knew that he didn't need to encourage bad relations with anyone.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 08:56
Earendil tossed and turned on the ground. She senced movement. It did not startle her in the slightest when she felt the nudge of Hyldo. The sweet mare knew her inside and out. When she was riding she really did not use the riens. Part of her was not sure why but it seem so much easier to giuld her firend with out riens, she laughed silently for a monent, remembering tht was how her father had riden as well.

She reached out and stroked Hydos nose and settled on her side to try and sleep. She would not remove her cloak or what was under it. In fact she sould only use what was under it unless she had to, to raised way too many questions among humans.

------
((ooc- I know this does nothing for the story but someone needs to post.))
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 09:32
Nathron, upon seeing that he wouldn't be getting any answer from Larien, turned back to where he had planned to spend the night...right back up in the tree. He fell silent, watching the stars, and listening to the crickets.
He quietly kept watch over the form of Earendil, she was troubled, but he knew that she would be alright. And he would help her through it if she needed it.

OOC: Yes, come on, where is everyone?
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2006 10:40
Arnarel was weary, but Mirelwen was positively exhausted. They had been riding for a while now. The last time they had stopped was a fortnight ago. They decided to rest, but stopped when they heard other voices coming through the trees.
"Who do think it is?' MIrelwen looked at Arnarel, a suspicious and distrustful deminor taking over.
"I do not know, but if I am not mistaken, that is a male and female speaking, both elves." Arnarel stayed his horse and slowly raised his hand to his quiver, where the twin daggers were.

[Edited on 21/12/2006 by Elfalas]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 10:39
((ooc- unless there is an objection I will bring the entire group up to the new arrivals. Not sure who will be talking though))

ic- At first light Earendil got up and rolled her bed roll and saw that everyone else was going the same thing. The group quickly broke their fast and was moving.

It was not long before the group happend upon a pair.

Earendil was not sure what to make of strangers and she was not the leader of this party so she continued her quiet appraisal and waited for another of the group to speak.

She held her bow in one hand and took an arrow in the other just in case these turned out to be unfreindly.

At this point Earendil really only spoke common and rohonic with any skill and she felt some one with a wider range of tongues was a good idea for greeting new comers.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2006 11:34
Nathron was pleased to be able to move on. He followed Earendil, as she led the group onwards, on the ground. It would be easier for now.
They had only traveled a short ditance when they came upon a pair in the woods. Both were on the defensive, Nathron stood stock still, his hands near his weapons but not threatening. After a long, uncomfortable, pause he spoke to them.
"Well met, travellers." He said, bowing his head slightly. Not sure what else to say he fell silent.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 10:38
Arnarel walked his horse up a few feet and dismounted. He put the daggers back and offered his hands out, Palms up in a sign of peace. MIrelwen put her bow on her back and jumped off of her horse, Right behind Arnarel.
"You say well met, as do I. We were travelling here to visit an old friend. I am Arnarel and this is MIrelwen."He spoke first in Elvish, but then switched to the common tounge when he saw humans and was not sure if they would understand.
"My companion only speaks Elvish most of the time as do I.Forgive us if the common tounge is rusty."
He looked expectantly at Mirelwen, who shrugged one shoulder in her manner and stared with a glare that could shoot daggers. He noticed her look and elbowed her in the ribs, which she answered with a sharp hiss of breath. He had forgotten the newly bandaged side that he had just sewed together a week ago.
"Sorry, I forgot." Arnarel gave her a crooked half smile, which she turned her glare to him now as an answer.
"We heard your voices and decided to come forth and talk, but it looks as if you have beat us to it. If it is not rude in me asking, what are your names, and where are you going?"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2006 04:33
Nathron saw that no one would speak up. Reluctantly he stepped forward.
"I can not voice the names of my companions, that is for them to decide weither or not to tell. But, my name is Nathron. And our company is headed north." He said, his hand rested on the hilt of his blade. Something about these two made him nervous.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2006 07:00
Earendil watched the newcomers. She had not fully understood the elven tongue. She spoke in common now," I am Earendil, and i speek only common and rohonic, so like some of my traveling companions, I will need translations of elvish."

She then looked around closely. Something was making her uneasy. She almost hoped there was something in the woods to explain it

She is still holding her bow in one hand and an arrow in the other just not on the bow string.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 03:18
Mirelwen sighed and turned to the group in front of them.
"I see you are uneasy, I am also. It feels like something is drawing nigh upon us, I think we should prepare ourselves. I am truely sorry if I seem severly put off, but my companion has forgotten about my wound several times this past week, and my side is killing me, literally. The poison is killing me and we came here to seek a healer." She winced as she felt another sharp pain and nearly fainted. Arnarel quickly caught her and steadied her.
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2006 10:01
Larien pricked up her ears at the sound of "...seek a healer" She had been a healer in Rivendell, and when she dwelled in Lothlorien for a few years, she had healed there as well.
"My name is Larien. 'Twas my idea to travel north to begin with, and I am a pretty well-accomplished healer, and if you really are desperate for one, I can help you right now." Larien whistled for her horse, which came trotting up to her. She made a move to gather her herbs and bandages out of the saddlebag, looking at the new acquaintances for permission.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 10:44
" If you can, please help her, my healing skills are fairly good, but I cannot identify this particular poison. It is complex and deadly." Arnarel looked at her and his look was pleading with her to help his friend. he then looked down at Mirelwen, who had just passed out and she was shaking slightly.
" I think she would and her father, myself included would appriciate your help. I thank you." HE looked at her and bowed, then called for Briun, and removed from his back MIrelwen's blanket and laid it on the ground. He then picked her up and gently placed her on the blanket.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2006 05:18
Nathron put his weapons away, knowing the newcommers to be no, or little, threat. He looked about watchfully then helped the one called Arnarel move his companion.
"Are you, yourself, wounded?" He asked him, rocking back on his heels.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 05:48
" No, I am not wounded, I seem to be the one who makes it out unharmed. I just have a few broken ribs and some minor surface scratches." Arnarel laughed lightly at his own response. They were more than surface scratches, but he did not want to admit it.
"We never look for trouble, we always try to avoid it, but somehow trouble always discovers us." he added the last with a mischievous smile. His eyes glittered with mirth as he started laughing."I guess that is where my brother Legolas gets it from, so it probably rubbed off on Aragorn, but knowing his brothers, they gave them help." His look became distant as he thought about all of them and wondered how they were.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2007 09:40
Earendil quickly dismounted and took her water skin to the new comer and said, "I will gather some fire wood."

She would have prefered to keep moving but tending the injured was more impotant.

It did not take her long to gather enough to get a fire going.Then she brought it back to the group.

She still felt uneasy, like they were being watched.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email