Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post Searching...searching...
on: August 13, 2006 05:02
Hello out there...I am looking if there is a possiblility of finding any of the first or second edition LOTR books (this includes the Hobbit, and any of tolkien's other related works) I have seen only one copy of a second edition of LOTR and the Silmarillion, it was the most increadable moment of my life...and now I dedicate my days to finding another like it or older. So if anyone has any knowledge of where one might be purchased...please PM me. Thank you!
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Searching...searching...
on: August 14, 2006 05:56
I suggest trying sellers of collectible books. You might also try the ever popular eBay.

A first edition of The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings will set you back a tidy sum. A first edition of The Silmarillion, however, can still be had for a relatively decent price.

I still own the first edition/first printing of The Silmarillion I was given for Christmas back in 1977.

(No, it's not for sale.)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 04:10
Ha ha ha! I wouldn't dream of trying to pry such a noble book from you hands. (hides hands behind back with effort) I might have to go to ebay, but I don't like to, I find it untrustworthy. But it does seem like my only option. So thanks!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 11:50
This site has 1st editions, rare, collectible etc. I have to warn you though, they are very expensive. But you might want to take a look anyway.
http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/dmiller/original.htm

There is also an article on the page about collecting Tolkien books that you might find helpful.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2006 12:54
OH WOW!!! I just looked at the site! EEKKK! I love it! I am forever in your debt for telling me of this site! Thank you, thank you!!!
I will be reading the entire site now, and getting a little sad that I can't buy everything in it!
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 05:38
I also still have my original Sil, given to me for Christmas by my Mother back in 77. The dust jacket it long gone, but the binding on the book itself has held up very well to many readings.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email