Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: April 18, 2007 11:18
Nethwen saw how pale Jastethlien was becoming, and she began to worry for him too.
"Jastethlien, are you alright? Maybe you should rest, you don't look well either." Nethwen said, she watched him with concern.
"Should I go and find Lord Aragorn? He might be able to help heal her if you need to rest." Nethwen suggested.
--------
Pippin patted Gilly's shoulder. "I know, I want it to go away too. I want him to finally be able to live in peace, I want all of us to live in peace." Pippin sighed sadly.

Pippin sat down on the bed, he looked at Merry's still face.
"Come on Merry, wake up and see the day. Stop worrying your friends." Pippin said, tears rolled down his cheeks.
He was tired and worried, he couldn't hold back the tears anymore.
--------
Legolas left Aragorn's room soon after speaking with him. He had nothing else to do and he began to wonder where Giode Dine had gone off to.
He didn't know what to do with himself, he felt so worried for Eva, she was out there fighting, alone.

"If she dies what will I do?" Legolas whispered. He knew that she was strong, she would be alright. He knew that it was Eva's fate to confront Grima and there was nothing more he could do, but wait.
-----------
Aragorn laid down on his bed, his thoughts drifted to his home and to things that he missed. Then he heard a sound coming from outside, his window was open. Aragorn stayed quiet and listened, someone was chanting.

Aragorn rose and looked out the window, he couldn't see anyone but he could tell that the voice was coming from far below. Aragorn listened to the words that were being chanted and he could tell that someone was trying to heal someone else.
"Jastethlien!" Aragorn realized.

Aragorn rushed out, he had to find out what was going on.
Aragorn looked around, following his voice. Then he came to the cliffs edge and looked down, he saw three figures.
Aragorn slowly climbed down.

"What has happened here?" Aragorn asked, he looked at Mirelwen with concern. He could see that Jastethlien was getting worn down with all the healing.
Aragorn knelt beside Mirelwen. "Stop Jastethlien. You must rest and regain your energy. I'll help her." Aragorn said.

Then Aragorn began to work on the wounds and chanting as well.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: fána en' seere, dolen caure - Veil of Peace, Hidden Fear - No More People
on: April 21, 2007 08:28
Mirelwen felt someone touching her wounds and she pushed the hands away, trying to prop herself up. She heard someone tell her to lay back and relax, but she snarled and tried unsuccessfully to swat the hands away. She was too weak and dizzy.

"I am fine, there are only scratches, I am in one piece, alive, and well," she felt the blood soaking her tunic," for the most part," she said hoarely. Her lungs still struggled to fill with air as she sucked air in. She looked around and saw Aragorn, Nethwen, and Jastethilien.

"hannon le, Aragorn, my lord, been long time since I saw you last, you have changed I see," she rasped. She felt pain again wash over and she gimaced shutting her eyes and allowing it to fill her. The pain was bad. She opened one eye warily, staring at the three in front of her.

She swallowed and breathed in a shaky, rattling breath. HEr sides burned as she treid and she assumed she had some broken ribs, possibly borken arm and leg as well since they would not respond. She looked at them, her eyes glazed over with pain.

She closed her eyes, for the world was spinning dizzyingly and she felt sick. Her sides heaved as she tried to empty her stomach, but nothnig came but dry heaves since hse had not eaten for two days now. She closed her eyes and a low moan escaped her lips. She looked up, her eyes barely opened.

"If one of you would be so kind, please get me out of here, I need to rest. Rock does not make a sufficient enough bed," she said softly. Her face contorted as she felt pain wash over her again and she laid there, waiting to leave the cliffside and rest finally, for that was all she wished for.

Her eyes were filled with pain and anger, her face a mask of pain, anger, and worry. She sighed and softened up some, but not by much. SHe was tired, sore, in pain, numb, and her limbs still did not cooperate and she felt awful.

Her eyes closed and she laid there, not trying to move or anything, simply resting, enjoying the dark her eyes now embraced. The pain in her bakc was worst and in a way she wished they had simply let her be unconscious for the moment, until they reached the village.

[Edited on 22/4/2007 by Elfalas]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 07:15
Thank you, elfalas, for editing your post. I have removed my own and placed it at the top of the forum.

Carry on, but remember what that post said...or read it again when in doubt. We meant every word of it.

the RPG moderators

[Edited on 23/4/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 03:14
Grima’s lips pressed into a thin line and his knuckles became white as he griped the long dagger hidden beneath his cloak.

“So,” he hissed, “you betrayed me twice. You filthy elvish woman!” With each word he came a step closer. “You sly, conniving woman, you altered what should have happened just to spite me. You should have born me a boy, but could not even give me a girl. You gave a me still born!” his knife suddenly flashed in the moonlight and with a muted cry of rage, he leapt at Eva.

[Edited for language on 23/4/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot- certain degrading words are not acceptable on CoE and will be automatically edited from a post, and then removed by the staff]-

[Edited on 23/4/2007 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 12:14
OOC: Before posting, everyone please go look at the OOC thread for the rp. Thank-you.

BIC:

Jastethlien shook his head. “No,” he shouted through clenched teeth, “I will be all right, Mellon nin.” He closed her eyes as he ran his over her body – searching for any other wounds. He could feel one, but was unsure where it was and the elf could feel the poison. He wished that he had athleas with him, but it was too late now. The elf would have to take care of the poison when they went back to the castle.

*~*~*

Gilly looked at Merry. He was still and sleeping, but there was trouble upon his face. He grasped the blankets lightly in his hand. As she watched the sleeping Merry, she closed her eyes tightly. “How long do you think he will sleep. Are you sure he is merely sleeping,” she asked him softly.

*~*~*

Giodë Dine` had wandered the halls for awhile. She had been deep in thought. Now, the half-elf stood peering out an open window. Her hair whipped around her and a frown was on her face. She turned suddenly and went to the room Legolas had put her in while she healed. It was sparsely furnished with a bed and writing desk and chair. Giodë Dine` sat down and pulled out a scroll and paper. Slowly and elegantly, she began to compose a poem to Legolas.

Legolas,

The sun is setting
As I write my good-byes.

Time is slowly slipping
But it will soon stop.

There is no redemption
For those who have betrayed.

I ask for forgiveness
And don’t expect it.

I will do this,
Because I must help you.

The enemy hastily approaches
And I will go fight.

I will fight them
As a sacrifice for all.

Good-bye, Mellon nin,
We shan’t see another again.

Giodë Dine

She read over the letter and nodded. Folding it, she sealed it with some wax and left it on the table. She grabbed her weapons and spryly jumped out the window. She ran towards the enemy. The half-elf started firing and showers of arrows fell and struck her. She stopped when she faced the leader of the wild men, goblins and orcs.

He was a general and a hideous looking elf with black hair and burnt and scared face. He had been the one who had forsaken her from his group. “Prepare,” he hissed and the two fought. In the end, both the woman and the evil elf had lost as she was stabbed in the chest. Giodë Dine` had not cried out until this last time,

The enemy trampled over the dead half-elf in a manic way. No longer sure what to do, they ran amuck, fighting anything that got in their way as they went away from the castle.

*~*~*

Jastethlien continued to heal the elf. He knew that he could not keep this up much longer. His face was strained and he was sweating. He was shaking badly and breathing heavily. His vision started to swim. “I can’t do any more,” Jastethlien whispered haggardly.

He looked at Aragorn. He was thankful he had come. “She is badly injured and…and a wound is poisoned,” he said. He looked at Mirelwen. “It is more than a mere scratch,” he replied softly, “You should not move.”

*~*~*

Eva looked at Grima. She felt his anger, but she stood her ground. “There was nothing to betray,” she replied in elvish. Eva Aranel batted her eyes. “No, I did not. It was an accident. I would never spite someone, even those I loathe or fear,” Eva said, cocking her head to one side. She shook her head softly. “There is no control of what a child can be. I could alter that if I even wished,” Eva said. Her voice shook slightly. “The moment I hit the ground, she died. She was good, pure,” Eva said.

Eva cried out as Grima jumped at her. She tried to run backwards, but tripped and fell. With hasty movements, she tried to back up, but ran into a tree. Eva grabbed at his ankle, missed, tried again and managed to wrap it around his ankle. She pulled him down. The woman watched him, waiting for his next move.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2007 05:19
Legolas wandered alone in the halls. He had nothing to do and he wondered how Eva was. Then he remembered that he had not spoken with Giode Dine in a while, he would see how she was.

When Legolas walked into her room and found it was empty, he shrugged and turned to leave but then he saw a letter on a table and walked over.

After he read it Legolas became alarmed. Then he heard sounds of creatures and looked out the window, goblins and the like rushed around madly.
Legolas dropped the letter and ran to his room and took his bow and knives and went out to fight the beasts.
--------
Aragorn helped Jastethlien hold her still, he was sad when he heard it was poisoned, this would take some time.
Then they heard the sound of frantic attack, but Aragorn could not leave.

"Nethwen, go and see what is happening!" Aragorn said.
Nethwen nodded and climbed up the wall and was shocked to see what was happening, she saw her cousin fighting the creatures already.

Nethwen rushed over to join him. "Legolas, what madness has come over them?" Nethwen shouted to him.
"I do not know." Legolas answered.
Then Legolas paused, he saw a face pressed into the ground, a body laid still and dead.

Legolas rushed over and fell down beside Giode Dine, tears fell down his face. "You died a friend Giode Dine, I am proud of you." Legolas said.
"Legolas!" Watch out!" Nethwen cried.

Legolas jumped up in time to miss being struck at. He killed the goblin with ease. He left Giode Dine there and promised he would come back and give her a burial after the fight.

Goblins ran madly around them. Legolas and Nethwen were not given a moment to think of their next move, the only thought that ran through their minds was, will I be able to strike fast enough to kill them?

The air was filled with the goblins screams and crys. Legolas could not hear anything Nethwen said unless she was right beside him.
At one point a fallen goblin grabbed Nethwen's ankle, it was still trying to fight, Nethwen stabbed the goblin but also got her head cut off by another goblin that lunged at her.

Legolas sliced the head off the goblin before it could harm Nethwen. Legolas hoped more aid would come, he could see plainly that they would not be able to finish the battle alone.
---------
Pippin watched Merry, fear entering his heart. "Maybe I should fine someone, I don't know where Aragorn or Jastethlien is though." Pippin said.
"I don't want to leave, but if you want me to, Gilly, I will go and find someone." Pippin said.

[Edited on 26/4/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 07:05
Mirelwen winced in pain and moaned softly, coughing up blood. Her body ached, and it spasmed once again, causing her to curl in on herself. Her ribs hurt and she tried to breathe, but her breath caught in her chest and she could not get her lungs full.

Her face was covered in pain and fear, but yet filled iwht calm. She opened her eyes and looked at the group that surrounded her. She placed a hand on Nethwen's shoulder, then on Jastethilien and Aragorn's as well.

:My friends, I cannot stay, too much pain, and grief. Farewell, I go to join my friend in the Halls of Mandos," she whispered, her eyes filled with fear, but her face calm all the same. She moved her head slightly to Jastethilien, staring into his eyes.

"Navaer, mellon nin, I leave to join Elladan. I am sorry," she whispered. Her eyes shut and she could not even take a last breath, for her lungs would not allow it. Her spirit fled over the land, coming to the shores. She came to a ship, a big white, gracefully built ship. Elladan offered a hand to her and hse took it, both boarding and standing at the prow. She sighed, looking over at him.

"I am sorry I could not keep my promise, but hte pain, torment, and grief was too much. I simply became weary, forgive me," she said softly. For the first time in many years, her eyes held happiness and her face was relaxed. He smiled and hugged her, holding her thee for a few seconds.

"I forgive you, for I knew you would not be able to stay after the wounds and the fall you took, at least it will not be so unbearable," he said wit ha twinkle in hie eye. She laughed and they sailed on, disappearing on the horizon, reaching Valinor.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 11:54
His breath was knocked out of him as he hit the ground. gasping he heaved himself up. Grima was past reasoning, Eva's words fell past his ears without even entering his mind. He spun on her again, "My child died, and you shall die too." he hissed.

Eva was still on the ground, Grima lunged at her. She tried to role away but Grima anticipated it and pirced her shoulder, pinning her to the ground.

"Blood for blood." He whispered.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 12:55
Gilly did not look at Pippin. However, she listened to him and slowly nodded her head. “I’m afraid for Merry,” Gilly whispered, “But, Mr. Pippin, if there is battle, do not leave the castle.”

She stroked Merry’s hand. She squeezed the hand, but got no response. She stared at his chest and watched it move up and down softly. Gilly snuggled down besides Merry and pressed herself up against him. “Please wake up soon,” she whispered.

*~*~*

Jastethlien watched Mirelwen. He could tell the elf was barely holding on. He touched her cheek and then her forehead. “Go. Leave this world and the pain,” he whispered, “Go join my brother and father.” Jastethlien placed his hands over her eyes and closed their lids.

He bowed her head in silence and then stood after a moment. “Let us go help Legolas! Aragorn, go get us some help,” Jastethlien commanded, standing and bounding up the hill.

He drew his sword and began to fight madly through his sadness and anger. He was tired of hiding and tired of all of the deaths in his life. “I am Elrohir,” he shouted, “and I will revenge my father brother and those who have lost their lives!”

As he shouted, a mass of Lorien and Rivendell elves marched forward, showing the enemy with arrows and fighting the fiends with swords. Jastethlien stopped. He laughed and smiled. Tears fell down his face and relief fall on his face. He only paused for a moment and continued to fight.

The battle went on for many hours, but in the end, the good prevailed. When it was all over, Jastethlien stood there, exhausted and sad for Mirelwen’s death. He looked at the battlefield. Many fiends and allies lay dead, but there were still many allies alive. The elves gather around him, especially the Rivendell elves. They all sink to one knee in respect for their Lord.

*~*~*

Eva stared up at Grima. Her eyes shone with tears. “I will be OK,” she whispered, feeling severe pain as the sword went into her shoulder. She kicked, hard, before feeling her mind go fuzzy. "Legolas," she whispered softly.
legolas_luvr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 01:11
Iswaellen finished up the last of the wounds. She glanced around. The battle was finally over and there was nothing left to do in the halls, so she removed her apron and headed outside. There, Jasthelien was being honored with the respect of many elves and some men. She bowed slightly and went up to talk to him quietly. "I know you'll do a fine job of restoring Imladris. I only regret I won't be around to see any of it." She smiled softly. "Though it's felt like Ages ago, I still remember what I've gone through, and the sooner I leave for Valinor, the better." She bowed again and started her journey to the Grey Havens.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 12:01
Pippin made his way down the halls quickly, but he heard a battle raging. Pippin ducked and hid, he would wait until the battle was over to find help.
--------
Aragorn bowed his head sadly when Mirelwen passed away, but he quickly joined in the battle with Elrohir, Aragorn smiled when he announced his name.

When the battle had finished, all were weary. Aragorn placed his hand on Elrohir's shoulder. "I am glad you will return to Imladris. They need you there." Aragorn said. Then he smiled.
"I will be glad to return to Minas Tirith, but first I must help with the dead and wounded." Aragorn said.

Since the battle had finished Pippin raced out to Aragorn.
"Aragorn, Merry won't wake up. Gilly is awfully worried and so am I. Will you go and see him?" Pippin asked.
Aragorn nodded and followed the hobbit to Merry's room.

Aragorn checked Merry quickly, then asked both hobbits to leave.
-------
Legolas looked around at all the dead. He was glad they had survived, but then he walked over and picked up Giode Dine.
He walked away from everyone and buried her, he knelt beside her grave for some time, silent tears fell.

Nethwen hadn't seen Legolas leave but it didn't take her long to see that he had disappeared. Nethwen walked around and soon found him, she waited in silence until he stood.
"Im naer Legolas." Nethwen whispered. Legolas turned and walked over to her and embraced her.
"It is alright to cry." Nethwen whispered.

After a moment Legolas released for the embrace and wiped his tears. "It was all she could do, fight." Legolas said sadly.
"She died doing what she loved." Nethwen said.
Legolas nodded, then realized that Eva had not returned, he wondered if anything had happened.

Legolas knew something must have gone wrong, he had to go and find her, even if she was dead.
Nethwen grabbed his arm. "Where are you going?" She asked.
"I have to go find someone, you had best help with the wounded." Legolas said, he left Nethwen staring after him.
-----
Legolas searched in silence, slipping around trying to find her, but he found nothing. "Eva! Tolo si!" Legolas called, then he heard something behind him and spun around, his Elven hearing caught a small voice whispering his name.

Legolas raced over and saw Wormtongue pinning Eva down with a knife. Eva looked like she was falling into unconsciousness.
"No!" Legolas shouted, he lunged at Grima with his knife.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 01:31
Grima just barely pulled back in time to avoid the knife. "You!" he hissed at the elf, "You are supposed to be dead! Just like every one else."

Grima was now weaponless; his short blade pinning Eva Araniel to the ground. Slowly he circled, trying to draw Legolas away from the still body of the elf-woman.

Desperate to do something, to end this pointless battle, Grima began taunting Legolas, "She is dead, prince-ling. You have failed to protect her. Failed. As you failed with your friend, Giode Dine." As they moved, Grimas flickering eyes spotted a weakness in the elf's movements. As fast as he possibly could, Grima rolled forward ripped his blade from Eva's shoulder and lounged as the elf's unprotected flank.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 01:14
OOC: I am just going to let you do your fight for now....
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2007 02:06
Legolas jumped back, but got a bad cut on his side. Legolas glared at Grima, his eyes smouldered with anger.
"You will die for opressing Eva as you have. Prepare to breathe your last you worm!" Legolas shouted angrily.

Grima had started to creep away but Legolas threw his knife and it struck Grima. Then Legolas did not heed Grima any longer and knelt beside Eva.
"Eva, you are free, meleth nin." Legolas whispered, then he lifted her in his arms.

"Im mil le, Eva." Legolas whispered, then he kissed her on the forehead. He laid her back down and wrapped her wound, he was paying so much attention on Eva that he didn't realize someone was behind him.

(I don't know if you wanted Grima dead already Eleiel, we could end the fight now or you could keep it going. Depends on you)
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 05:13
(ooc; yes, Grima is going to die now. Just one last attempt on your life:evil

Grima was numb now. He felt no pain, just an incredible cold. and a burning hate. His weak limbs barely held him as he dragged Legolas' knife out of his stomach.

he walked up behind the kneeling elf. "I am dieing," he whispered, "But I shall not die alone." Grima took a hand full of the elf's pale hair and yanked his head back, pressing the knife edge to his throat. A thin line of blood appeared.

Then suddenly he slumped forward, and the knife fell from his lifeless hand.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 10:37
Legolas had been tending Eva when suddenly he heard the hissing whisper of Grima. He pulled Legolas's head back by his hair and began to cut his neck.

When Grima slumped forward and died Legolas took his knife back and wiped it clean, he did not heed his wound yet.

Legolas lifted Eva and raced her back to Edoras, he would have to give Aragorn the news of Grima's death and he would have to tend Eva.

"Please be alright meleth nin." Legolas whispered as he ran.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 01:58
Elrohir looked at the crowd. His eyes were wide and his mouth was open. This was amazing. With Iswaellen spoke, he turned. Elrohir bowed to Iswaellen. “I pray that I shall keep the honor of the elves,” he said, “Farewell and fair winds.” He watched her leave and he knew he would never see her again.

Weary he turned. The Elf Lord looked at all of the people. He raised a hand. “Rise,” he instructed. Elrohir looked at Aragorn. “Aye, they do. I could not desert my people,” he said, going to help Aragorn tend to the hurt.

He looked up as Legolas buried a woman. He watched Nethwen and then went over to him. “He has found true love,” he whispered, “the pale elf, Eva Aranel, is whom he loves.” His eyes darken slightly. “She had been bad. She had been sent to capture me. She was Grima’s slave,” he explained, “but things went very wrong on his part.”

*~*~*

Eva heard sounds all around her. However, none of them made any since. Her shoulder hurt so much that she could not think. “She died to protect him,” she whispered of Giodë Dine`, knowing the woman’s personality from being trained by her. Eva opened her eyes. The scene around her swam and went hazy. She closed her eyes and did not open them until she heard Legolas speak. “Legolas,” she whispered, wincing and then falling into darkness.

*~*~*

OOC: Part of the JP between elfmaindoflorien and I.

BIC:

Gilly stopped at the door. She looked at Aragorn. Fear shone in her eyes. "Something's wrong with him, isn't there," she asked. The hobbit did not move. Gilly looked from Aragorn to Merry and back again.

Aragorn checked over Merry, but from what he could see not much could be done.
"His life is in his own hands Gilly. I don't think I can bring him out of his dreams now. He is looking for peace, maybe he will find it." Aragorn whispered, he was sad to admit it, but he would do everything he could in the mean time.

Pippin looked up at Aragorn. "You can't just let him die! Get some medicine, herbs! Send me to fetch some, just tell me what you need!" Pippin said frantically.
Aragorn placed his hand on Pippin's little shoulder.
"I would not let him die if there was more I could do." Aragorn said.
Tears rolled down Pippin's cheeks. "Aragorn, I can't live without him." Pippin whispered.

Gilly closed her eyes. She stood there shaking. “I knew…I knew I should never have trusted you,” she yelled. Her face was filled with anger. She breathed in deeply and sharply. The hobbit turned and strode down the hall. Her fists were clenched and she was crying. She had never trusted Aragorn, but she had let herself try to and look where it got her.

Aragorn sighed, this was going to be more difficult than he had thought.
"Why don't you go and comfort Gilly? Merry is not dead yet and I am doing my best to help him," Aragorn said. Pippin nodded, he wanted to stay but he trusted Aragorn, he would go to find Gilly.

Aragorn looked at the herbs and medicines that he had in the room. Merry's wounds were healing, only one was still fairly bad. Aragorn changed the cloth bandage and put a clean one around the wound.
Then Aragorn began to crush various herbs and things and began to use them, hoping they might bring Merry back.

Cold water splashed over him. It stank of unknown things. The smell made Merry gag. He was trapped. When he tried to get out of the icy water, it would pull him back in or turn like jelly. Dark shadows emerged around him. The tress that lined the river he floated in, grew massive and grew legs. They were tall and menacing and loomed closer. He screamed

As Merry slept, nothing showed on his face that he was trapped in his dark dreams. Peace was on his face. The only difference in his features was dark circles under both eyes.

Aragorn watched Merry's face as he worked. There was peace, but Aragorn could see that there was something deeper. "What happened to you friend," Aragorn whispered.

Then as he worked Aragorn found a bandage that looked like it was hurriedly put on. Aragorn unwrapped the bandage and was surprised to see the gruesome wound underneath. It looked like it hadn't been treated very well.

Aragorn quickly cleaned the wound and was upset when he found it was poisoned.
"I hope this has not gone untreated for too long," Aragorn whispered, he was worried now.

Merry struggled. He went under and Merry was held tightly by seaweed. It tightened around his ankles and legs. The hobbit struggled faster. His head breached the surface. He breathed in deeply when his head bobbed above the water and then he was pulled under again. Merry held his breath.

Peace was still upon his face, masking the pain and torture he felt, however, there was a slight chalkiness to it besides the dark circles. His breath came out slow and almost even. His jaw was set firmly.
~Stella~
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 01:56
OOC: Elfmaidenoflorien, please post part of the JP and I'll finish this rp up. I cannot seem to PM. It closes CoE when I do.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 03:30
(JP between Stella and me)

Meanwhile, Gilly trudged hastily through the castle. She wanted out of this place, but could not find the door. When she was about to give up, she found it. Gilly went to the oak door and tried to open. It would not budge. She pulled and tugged, but it would not move. She screamed in frustration and sank down onto the cold, stone floor.

Aragorn worked as fast as he could to fix the wound, but he was unsure if he would be able to save him. "If only I had noticed it sooner," Aragorn whispered.

Pippin heard Gilly scream and ran over to see if she was all right. When he saw her sitting on the floor, he walked over to her and sat down.
"It'll be alright Gilly. You know how strong Merry is." Pippin said, although he didn't sound very sure himself.

Gilly frowned at Pippin. She stared up at him with a cynical gaze. “I knew something was wrong. He is not waking What if he isn’t all right? Did you ever think of that,” she said, “I knew I should not have brought him here. Where was my hobbit since?”

Merry could not hold his breath anymore. He took a sharp breath in suddenly and coughed. He fought the water and surfaced.

Merry coughed. It was hard and violent. He coughed so hard that he started to throw up what little food he had eaten in the last week and then he began to vomit blood.

Aragorn's eyes widened with concern. He took a drink that he had made to help ease the pain. He helped Merry to drink it after he coughed, but he began to cough up the drink. "Oh Valar." Aragorn whispered.

Pippin sighed. "I was only trying to help." He whispered.
"Aragorn is the best healer I know, other than a few elves. It was wise of you to bring him here, but he is only human, he can only do so much." Pippin said, he was upset that she was angry at Aragorn.

“You are being naive,” she said, drawing her knees up to her chest. She rested her head on her chin. She closed her eyes tightly. “I don’t want to loose him,” she whispered, “What will I do if…oh!” She gasped as tears fell down her face.

Merry gasped. His chest muscles tighten. He coughed and heaved. The last of the vomit came up. He lay against his pillow, whimpering and shivering from pain.

Aragorn quickly used some herbs to make another drink that would ease pain. He also made a paste to put on the poisoned wound. Aragorn was feeling weary, he had just come from a battle and now he had to work hard healing again.
He couldn't help but think of home, and he couldn't wait to return.

Pippin put his hand on her shoulder. "It'll be alright Gilly. Please stop crying." Pippin said. He wondered what would happen if Merry did die. Pippin felt tears rolling down his cheeks. He wouldn't be able to stand losing Merry either.

Gilly stared up at Pippin. She shook her head slightly and stood. The hobbit reached for the door handle, but a man came in and before the door closed, the hobbit had left for the stables, where she stayed for two days.

Two days had passed. Merry had not woken nor had he acknowledged the world around him in those two days. But finally, he began to stir. It was not much, just a movement of a hand.

Aragorn sighed, two days had past and nothing had happened even though he had been working very hard. He rushed to Merry's side when he saw him move his hand. "Merry, wake now," Aragorn said, he hoped he would respond.

Pippin stayed alone for the two days. He was useless in helping Merry and Gilly didn't want him around either. "Why am I always so useless," Pippin exclaimed.
Pippin had not been able to sleep, so most of the time he sat in front of the door to Merry's room.

Then Pippin heard Aragorn say something to Merry and he jumped up and opened the door. "Is he alright?" Pippin asked. Aragorn looked back.
"He moved his hand, but he's not responding anymore." Aragorn sighed.
Pippin bowed his head sadly, how long would it take?

Merry heard voices. He was unsure what they were asking him to do. Merry shifted and moaned. He hurt greatly, especially in the area of his stomach, both inside and out. His stomach churned and he rolled over. The hobbit dry heaved and only spittle flecked with blood from his dry, strained throat came up.

Pippin gasped when Merry coughed up a little blood.
Aragorn quickly grabbed a glass of water and helped Merry drink it.
Pippin watched - his eyes wide with terror. "Can I do anything," Pippin asked.
Aragorn shook his head. "Not now Pippin. I'm sorry, but there isn't even much I can do," Aragorn said sadly.

Merry rolled back onto a prone position. His stomach growled and he realized he was hungry. Weakly, Merry opened his eyes. Everything looked foggy and black. He groaned outwardly. He was blind, again.

"Merry! Is he alright?" Pippin asked.
Aragorn stepped over. "He probably needs something to eat and drink. Go and get some more water and see if you can't find a meal for him." Aragorn said.
Pippin nodded and quickly rushed out the door.

Aragorn sat down. "How are you feeling? It seems that you had one untreated wound, it was poisoned. How is your vision?" Aragorn said. He wouldn't be surprised if Merry's vision had become bad again.

Merry blinked. He sighed and frowned. “I’m hungry,” he croaked. His voice was dry and hoarse. “I hurt,” Merry continued, “Yeah…I was wounded out on the battlefield and then was trapped under a dead fiend.” He sighed. He didn’t want to admit it, but he knew he had to. “I am blind…again.”

Pippin was back very soon, he placed the tray of food by Merry.
Aragorn sighed; he feared that his vision might not last. "I'm sorry Merry. I can't do anything about your eyes but I might be able to stop the pain." Aragorn said, and then he turned back to his herbs and began crushing some.

Pippin's eyes widened. "Blind again? Oh dear." He whispered sadly.

Merry tried to move, but he couldn’t – he hurt too much to. He blushed red and groaned. “I did not expect you to,” he said, “Would you? That would be nice not to hurt.” Merry listened to Pippin whisper. “I’ll be all right. I did not think it would last.”

Pippin felt sorry for his cousin, but he knew Merry didn't want pity. Aragorn placed some herbs on the wound and gave Merry a drink to help sooth the pain.
"It should help with the pain for a while." Aragorn said, then he sat down. Aragorn looked exhausted but he wanted to help Merry as best he could.

Merry felt drowsy as the herbs took affect. For three days he slept solid without moving or waking. On the fourth day, Merry woke, refreshed and barely in any pain. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. He sighed irritably as he pushed himself up.

Eva had slept for most of the three days. She had fallen unconscious after Grima had stabbed her. She knew not what had gone on. Her shoulder was bandaged and she slept peacefully. Her long, pale hair was spread over the covers and pillows. Her lips were slightly parted and were deep raspberry against her usual pale skin.

Legolas had been caring for Eva ever since they came back to Edoras. Aragorn had been too busy to help, so Legolas worked hard on his own.
Once he had done all he could he sat down beside her and waited for her to wake.
He ran his fingers through her silky hair, smiling at her beauty.

Pippin looked up at Merry, he had dozed off a little. "Aragorn just stepped out to check on other patients and maybe to get a rest and a meal." Pippin told Merry.
He looked concerned. "I hope you are alright, I can get Aragorn if you want." Pippin said, he waited for his respond.

Merry shook his head. “No,” Merry croaked. His throat was hoarse and dry. “I don’t need him. I’m alright; just a little sore is all.” He reached out and felt for the table. Finding it, he maneuvered his hand until he found the glass. Picking it up firmly in his hand, he drank. “Is the war over,” he asked, his throat less hoarse sounding.

Eva shifted. She then opened her eyes. The elf smiled at Legolas. “Suilad,” she whispered and then asked, “Where is Grima?”

Pippin smiled. "Yes, the war is over and we'll get to go home! Won't that be wonderful!" Pippin said, he couldn't wait to return.

Legolas smiled. "He is dead, meleth nin. I killed him, did I not tell you that I would protect you from him." Legolas said. Then he kissed her forehead gently.
"You are free now." Legolas whispered.

Merry nodded. “I can’t wait to go home,” Merry said, “When do you think I will be able to leave?”

Eva returned the smile. “Yes, you did,” she said in Elvish. She nodded. Tears were in her eyes. She was free from fear. Eva laughed softly.

Merry heard the laughter flit through his open door. He cocked his head. “She sounds happy,” he commented.

Pippin shrugged. “I'm not sure when we can go home, but the first chance I get I'm leaving!" Pippin said with a smile.
Pippin heard the laughter as well, he was glad that laughter filled the air and not cries of war.

Legolas smiled, he had never seen Eva so happy. He had brought her joy that would last forever. Legolas loved her so much; he would not let her leave his side anymore.
"Eva Arnarel, I love you very much and I hope you won't think me to bold, but I must ask for your hand in marriage," Legolas said, he took her hand in his and waited for her reply.

~Stella~
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 07:55
OOC: This is the last post. Thank-you all for making such a wonderous story! Please place this the archives. Thanks! I will be turning this into a ff as soon as I get a little time.

BIC:

Meanwhile, Gilly trudged hastily through the castle. She wanted out of this place, but could not find the door. When she was about to give up, she found it. Gilly went to the oak door and tried to open. It would not budge. She pulled and tugged, but it would not move. She screamed in frustration and sank down onto the cold, stone floor.

Aragorn worked as fast as he could to fix the wound, but he was unsure if he would be able to save him. "If only I had noticed it sooner," Aragorn whispered.

Pippin heard Gilly scream and ran over to see if she was all right. When he saw her sitting on the floor, he walked over to her and sat down.
"It'll be alright Gilly. You know how strong Merry is." Pippin said, although he didn't sound very sure himself.

Gilly frowned at Pippin. She stared up at him with a cynical gaze. “I knew something was wrong. He is not waking What if he isn’t all right? Did you ever think of that,” she said, “I knew I should not have brought him here. Where was my hobbit since?”

Merry could not hold his breath anymore. He took a sharp breath in suddenly and coughed. He fought the water and surfaced.

Merry coughed. It was hard and violent. He coughed so hard that he started to throw up what little food he had eaten in the last week and then he began to vomit blood.

Aragorn's eyes widened with concern. He took a drink that he had made to help ease the pain. He helped Merry to drink it after he coughed, but he began to cough up the drink. "Oh Valar." Aragorn whispered.

Pippin sighed. "I was only trying to help." He whispered.
"Aragorn is the best healer I know, other than a few elves. It was wise of you to bring him here, but he is only human, he can only do so much." Pippin said, he was upset that she was angry at Aragorn.

“You are being naive,” she said, drawing her knees up to her chest. She rested her head on her chin. She closed her eyes tightly. “I don’t want to loose him,” she whispered, “What will I do if…oh!” She gasped as tears fell down her face.

Merry gasped. His chest muscles tighten. He coughed and heaved. The last of the vomit came up. He lay against his pillow, whimpering and shivering from pain.

Aragorn quickly used some herbs to make another drink that would ease pain. He also made a paste to put on the poisoned wound. Aragorn was feeling weary, he had just come from a battle and now he had to work hard healing again.
He couldn't help but think of home, and he couldn't wait to return.

Pippin put his hand on her shoulder. "It'll be alright Gilly. Please stop crying." Pippin said. He wondered what would happen if Merry did die. Pippin felt tears rolling down his cheeks. He wouldn't be able to stand losing Merry either.

Gilly stared up at Pippin. She shook her head slightly and stood. The hobbit reached for the door handle, but a man came in and before the door closed, the hobbit had left for the stables, where she stayed for two days.

Two days had passed. Merry had not woken nor had he acknowledged the world around him in those two days. But finally, he began to stir. It was not much, just a movement of a hand.

Aragorn sighed, two days had past and nothing had happened even though he had been working very hard. He rushed to Merry's side when he saw him move his hand. "Merry, wake now," Aragorn said, he hoped he would respond.

Pippin stayed alone for the two days. He was useless in helping Merry and Gilly didn't want him around either. "Why am I always so useless," Pippin exclaimed.
Pippin had not been able to sleep, so most of the time he sat in front of the door to Merry's room.

Then Pippin heard Aragorn say something to Merry and he jumped up and opened the door. "Is he alright?" Pippin asked. Aragorn looked back.
"He moved his hand, but he's not responding anymore." Aragorn sighed.
Pippin bowed his head sadly, how long would it take?

Merry heard voices. He was unsure what they were asking him to do. Merry shifted and moaned. He hurt greatly, especially in the area of his stomach, both inside and out. His stomach churned and he rolled over. The hobbit dry heaved and only spittle flecked with blood from his dry, strained throat came up.

Pippin gasped when Merry coughed up a little blood.
Aragorn quickly grabbed a glass of water and helped Merry drink it.
Pippin watched - his eyes wide with terror. "Can I do anything," Pippin asked.
Aragorn shook his head. "Not now Pippin. I'm sorry, but there isn't even much I can do," Aragorn said sadly.

Merry rolled back onto a prone position. His stomach growled and he realized he was hungry. Weakly, Merry opened his eyes. Everything looked foggy and black. He groaned outwardly. He was blind, again.

"Merry! Is he alright?" Pippin asked.
Aragorn stepped over. "He probably needs something to eat and drink. Go and get some more water and see if you can't find a meal for him." Aragorn said.
Pippin nodded and quickly rushed out the door.

Aragorn sat down. "How are you feeling? It seems that you had one untreated wound, it was poisoned. How is your vision?" Aragorn said. He wouldn't be surprised if Merry's vision had become bad again.

Merry blinked. He sighed and frowned. “I’m hungry,” he croaked. His voice was dry and hoarse. “I hurt,” Merry continued, “Yeah…I was wounded out on the battlefield and then was trapped under a dead fiend.” He sighed. He didn’t want to admit it, but he knew he had to. “I am blind…again.”

Pippin was back very soon, he placed the tray of food by Merry.
Aragorn sighed; he feared that his vision might not last. "I'm sorry Merry. I can't do anything about your eyes but I might be able to stop the pain." Aragorn said, and then he turned back to his herbs and began crushing some.

Pippin's eyes widened. "Blind again? Oh dear." He whispered sadly.

Merry tried to move, but he couldn’t – he hurt too much to. He blushed red and groaned. “I did not expect you to,” he said, “Would you? That would be nice not to hurt.” Merry listened to Pippin whisper. “I’ll be all right. I did not think it would last.”

Pippin felt sorry for his cousin, but he knew Merry didn't want pity. Aragorn placed some herbs on the wound and gave Merry a drink to help sooth the pain.
"It should help with the pain for a while." Aragorn said, then he sat down. Aragorn looked exhausted but he wanted to help Merry as best he could.

Merry felt drowsy as the herbs took affect. For three days he slept solid without moving or waking. On the fourth day, Merry woke, refreshed and barely in any pain. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. He sighed irritably as he pushed himself up.

Eva had slept for most of the three days. She had fallen unconscious after Grima had stabbed her. She knew not what had gone on. Her shoulder was bandaged and she slept peacefully. Her long, pale hair was spread over the covers and pillows. Her lips were slightly parted and were deep raspberry against her usual pale skin.

Legolas had been caring for Eva ever since they came back to Edoras. Aragorn had been too busy to help, so Legolas worked hard on his own.
Once he had done all he could he sat down beside her and waited for her to wake.
He ran his fingers through her silky hair, smiling at her beauty.

Pippin looked up at Merry, he had dozed off a little. "Aragorn just stepped out to check on other patients and maybe to get a rest and a meal." Pippin told Merry.
He looked concerned. "I hope you are alright, I can get Aragorn if you want." Pippin said, he waited for his respond.

Merry shook his head. “No,” Merry croaked. His throat was hoarse and dry. “I don’t need him. I’m alright; just a little sore is all.” He reached out and felt for the table. Finding it, he maneuvered his hand until he found the glass. Picking it up firmly in his hand, he drank. “Is the war over,” he asked, his throat less hoarse sounding.

Eva shifted. She then opened her eyes. The elf smiled at Legolas. “Suilad,” she whispered and then asked, “Where is Grima?”

Pippin smiled. "Yes, the war is over and we'll get to go home! Won't that be wonderful!" Pippin said, he couldn't wait to return.

Legolas smiled. "He is dead, meleth nin. I killed him, did I not tell you that I would protect you from him." Legolas said. Then he kissed her forehead gently.
"You are free now." Legolas whispered.

Merry nodded. “I can’t wait to go home,” Merry said, “When do you think I will be able to leave?”

Eva returned the smile. “Yes, you did,” she said in Elvish. She nodded. Tears were in her eyes. She was free from fear. Eva laughed softly.

Merry heard the laughter flit through his open door. He cocked his head. “She sounds happy,” he commented.

Pippin shrugged. “I'm not sure when we can go home, but the first chance I get I'm leaving!" Pippin said with a smile.
Pippin heard the laughter as well, he was glad that laughter filled the air and not cries of war.

Legolas smiled, he had never seen Eva so happy. He had brought her joy that would last forever. Legolas loved her so much; he would not let her leave his side anymore.
"Eva Arnarel, I love you very much and I hope you won't think me to bold, but I must ask for your hand in marriage," Legolas said, he took her hand in his and waited for her reply.

Merry chuckled softly. He nodded. “Aye,” he said, “I am sure that Aragorn will want to keep me until I am fully healed.” Merry stared blankly up at ceiling, even though he could not see it. A smile came over his lips as he listened to the laughing. “That warms my heart to hear laughter,” he said.

She shifted and pushed herself into a sitting position. She reached out with a thin, pale hand and touched Legolas’ cheek. “Oh, Legolas,” she said, placing the other hand on his other cheek, “Yes. Of course It would be an honor to take your hand in marriage.” Eva Aranel leaned forward and gently kissed him on the lips.

Pippin smiled. "It warms my heart as well. I feel lighter already, happier even." Pippin sighed. "The war is over and peace has come. Peace, that is the best word in the world." Pippin said as he looked out at the sun light that began to lighten the world again.

Legolas smiled after the kiss. "Then you will come back to Eryn Lasgalen with me, once you are well enough." Legolas said. He was so overjoyed, he had found the love of his life and he would never let anything happen to her.
"You will be safe with me meleth nin," Legolas whispered. Then he sat on her bed and pulled her into an embrace, tears of joy rolled down his cheeks.

Merry nodded. “Yes, it is,” Merry said, “Where is Gilly, Pip?”

“Will I be accepted,” she asked him. She cocked her head to one side. “I do not have to live in fear anymore,” she said, laying a hand on her stomach. She sighed sadly, but then shook her head and rid her mind of her thoughts.

Elrohir strode the halls. He was dressed as an Elven Lord now and not as a fighter. He wore a deep blue velvet gown with a pale blue shirt under it. On his head was a fine headband of silver embossed in leaves. He stopped by Aragorns door and knocked.

Pippin gasped when he realized he had no idea where she had gone. "I'm not sure, but I'll go and find her." Pippin said, then he opened the door and left the room.
Pippin walked down the halls and called her name, but she didn't seem to be anywhere.

Eventually he walked into the stables. "Gilly? Are you in here somewhere? Merry wants to see you." Pippin called.

Legolas raised an eyebrow. "You are worried they will not accept you? They surely will meleth nin." Legolas said. Then he saw her place her hand on her stomach and he understood. He took her hand. "They need not know of your past Eva." Legolas said. His blue eyes looked into hers.

Aragorn woke when he heard the knock at the door. "Hmmm, I don't remember falling asleep." Aragorn said as she shook his head.
Then Aragorn stood and opened the door. He smiled when he saw Elrohir looking the way he should.

Aragorn embraced his brother-in-law. "You look fine Elrohir. You look just like Elrond." Aragorn said, a tear came to his eye.
Then he wiped the tear away. "Do you need anything? I believe I will be heading home any day now." Aragorn said.

Gilly peeked her head over the rafters where the bales of hay. She smiled weakly at Pippin. She was tired looking, with dark circles under her eyes. She had stayed there for three days, however, she had mostly sat, thinking and worrying. The hobbit scampered down the wooden ladder. “He’s alright then,” she asked worriedly.

Eva shifted her head and let her gaze drift downwards. She pressed her lips together slightly. “I was the lover of Grima,” she said with distaste and sadness, “I was sent to kidnap Elrohir. I was at his family’s murder . The elders know of me. Most elves and man do.” Her voice was melancholy as she spoke. Eva rested one hand upon her stomach as she held his other. “I wish she had been born in better times and through better means,” she said.

Elrohir smiled at Aragorn. He embraced him and then bowed. “These are quite particular clothes,” he comments, “It causes everyone to treat me quite differently. I am not entirely sure I like how I am treated or if I will be able to adjust. You know me, Aragorn. I wish to be treated indifferent and would rather be fighting or hunting.” He sighed and put his hands behind his back. “Truthfully, I am terrified. I do not know if I will be able to lead my people the way my father had. I worry I do not have the endurance to heal as my father did. My kindred hold me at very high standards now.”

Elrohir paused. He turned and looked out the window. For a while, he said nothing. “Actually, I do. It is about my leaving. I was wondering when the halflings would be fit enough to travel? I would be honored if I could lead them up to Imladris and then have a guard lead them safely the rest of the way.”

Legolas squeezed Eva's hand a little. "Don't worry Eva, everything will be alright. I assure you." His eyes watched her every facial expression.
When she spoke about her child, he sighed. "Maybe you shall have another child soon, by better means." Legolas said. He smiled a little.
Pippin looked up at Gilly. "He's fine. But, he is blind again." Pippin said sadly.
Then he helped her down and smiled. "Come, you must see him." Pippin said.
He grabbed her hand and pulled her to Meduseld.

Aragorn nodded. "Sometimes I still fear the situations I get into. The choices I must make. It's very hard sometimes, but I am thankful to have Arwen by my side. She makes life easier in many ways." Aragorn said with a slight smile.

Aragorn smiled at Elrohir's suggestion. "That would be a wonderful idea. I am sure the hobbits will be ready soon enough, the only one who needs to heal is Merry. He is doing well though, I'm sure it will not take too much longer." Aragorn said.

Eva nodded her head slightly. She looked up at Legolas and smiled slightly. “Yes,” she agreed. She furrowed her brow. “You do not hate me as most do,” she said, “Why?” Eva cocked her head slightly. Her cheeks reddened. “Amin hiraetha,” she apologized, “Amin naa tualle. Amin selma tyára ve le irma. Manka a hin lle irma, a hin lle indóme n` anta`.”

Gilly frowned, but smiled. “He is alive though. I don’t care if he cannot see,” she said. She felt like she was flying as Pippin pulled her along. She almost fell at one point. “Pippin, please slow down. I cannot go this fast!”

“I am sure that they will all need to rest and Imladris would be a fine place for them to recuperate,” Elrohir said, “In addition, I wish to give some lessons to Master Meriadoc. There is, or at least there was, a fine blind elf who could teach him how to get around with a cane and to listen to his surroundings.” He continued to look at the window. “I have taken quite a shine to the hobbit I must admit. I can remember him when he first came to my homeland. Oh, how different he was back then.”

Legolas frowned and held her head in his hands. "Elyë lá nya núro, elyë nya vessë." Legolas said. "I am not going to make you do anything. But we need not speak of those matter yet. We will wait until the time comes." Legolas said. He was still worried about Eva; she would just have to trust that he was not what Grima was.

Then he remembered what she had asked. "I do not hate you because I know it was not your decision. When I first knew about it, I was unhappy and I thought that maybe you had just been leading me on, but I know that was not so. It wasn't your choice." Legolas said. He took her hand in his and smiled at her.
"Everything will be alright now." He whispered.

Pippin looked back at Gilly. "Sorry, I'm just so excited." Pippin said with a smile.
When he rushed into the room, he ran over to Merry.
"Gilly is here. I had better leave and see when we get to go home. I'll be back later." Pippin said. He knew they would probably want to talk alone for a while.

Aragorn smiled when he remembered Merry when he was so young.
"Yes, he's grown up a lot." Aragorn said. Then he put his hand on Elrohir's shoulder and smiled. "Well my friend, I think it is a wise decision to take the hobbits to Rivendell. I myself will be leaving as soon as I can." Aragorn said.

"I am sure we will see each other again, hopefully soon. I will make it a point to visit you soon, but now...." Aragorn paused. He looked out the window - it was warm and sunny. It was about noontime.
Aragorn turned back to Elrohir. "Now it is time for me to return home. Good luck on your travels my friend." Aragorn said.

Aragorn picked up the few things he had packed and went out. He tacked up Brego then mounted the great horse and rode out of Edoras.
He paused and looked back once. The city would need to rebuild a lot of things, but he knew they could do it without him.
"At last they shall have peace." Aragorn said. Then he spurred Brego to a gallop and raced back towards Gondor.

Eva’s brow creased in confusion. Not his servant, how could that be? The concept of wife was foreign and forgotten. With a thumb, she stroked his hand. Slowly, she nodded. “Alright,” Eva whispered.

“I was,” she said, “I cannot lie. I was leading you on, at first. However, then something unexpected happened. I fell in love. I knew what I had done was a mistake. That was why I wanted you to kill me. I had no way out or to undo what I had done.” Her cheeks reddened slightly.

Merry smiled in the direction of Pippin. “Good…good,” he said.
Gilly walked into the room. “Hullo, Merry,” she said, taking up his hand.
“Hullo, love. How are you,” Merry asked.
“I am much better now that I know you will be alright,” she replied as the two of them spoke and made plans of their future.

Elrohir turned and walked down the halls. He saw Pippin rummaging around in what appeared to be a cupboard of food and laughed. “Looking for food are we,” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest, “I do not know if you remember me, though I remember you, Peregrin Took. You have not changed in the least.” Elrohir chuckled. “I do not think your cousin remembered me. However, twas the heat of battle so all is forgiven.”

Legolas smiled at her. "When do you wish to leave? I am ready whenever you are." Legolas asked. He knew he had spent a long time away from home and would need to return soon. He had never imagined falling in love while away from home - he had only expected battle.

Pippin looked up when he heard the voice behind him. "You must be Elrohir, I do remember you." Pippin said. He stood and smiled.
Pippin looked down at the tray of food. "This is for Merry, not myself. He is doing well for one who was wounded so." Pippin said.
Then he looked up at Elrohir. "When are you going back to Rivendell?" He asked.

“Tomorrow, if that is possible,” She said, “Or do you wish to stay longer?”

“Yes, sadly, I am,” he whispered sadly, “He is a stout and strong hobbit.” Elrohir sighed and smiled. “Quite soon I hope. I believe in a day or two, however, I do not want to push Merry. Ah, I am being hasty. I have made plans for you, Merry, Gilly and Cora to travel with me, if that suits you. I know of a blind man who can teach Merry how to get around as if he weren’t blind.”

Pippin smiled. "We'll be going with you to Rivendell? I haven't been there for a long time. It will be wonderful to see it again." Pippin said. Then he remembered that something had happened to Rivendell, though he wasn't sure what.

"We can leave when you wish Eva. Tomorrow sounds fine to me." Legolas said.
Then he laid down on the bed, he laid his head on his hands.
"I think I need some time to rest anyway, I do not think I have rested since I recovered from my wound." Legolas said.

Eva lay down beside him. She rested her hand lightly on his chest. She watched him, but said nothing. She was happy to be leaving here. Many bad things had happened here and she wished for the things to be behind her.

“That was my plan, Master hobbit,” he said bowing, “I am not sure the state it will be in. There was a coup held against my family and my father and Elladan were killed. I had to leave or else I would have been killed. That is why I was using Jastethlien. I was under protection by Aragorn. I wish I understood why some of my kindred turned against my family.”

Legolas felt comfort as she lay beside him. He closed his eyes and soon fell into a restful sleep. When he woke he would be ready for what was ahead. He would be ready to go home.

Pippin looked down sadly. "That is terrible. I had thought that Rivendell would always be as peaceful as when I last saw it. I suppose all good things come to an end." Pippin said sadly.

“Aye, it is,” Elrohir agreed with a nod, “Sadly, they must. Young hobbit, please be ready to go by the early morn.”

Pippin nodded. Then he rushed back to Merry's room with the food on the tray. As he passed a window he noticed the sky beginning to dim. Night was on it's way.
When Pippin walked in he placed the tray on Merry's lap.

"There you are Merry. Eat well, we shall be going to Rivendell in the morning with Lord Elrohir. I hope this news won't excite you too much for you must sleep. I'm off to rest myself, I'm quite tired after taking care of you." Pippin said.

Then he yawned and walked out of the room and went to his own room.

-----

When the first rays of light streamed through the window Legolas felt the warmth of it on his face. He opened his eyes and saw Eva was still asleep.
He put his arm around her and pulled her closer, he smiled.

Then he remembered that today they would be returning to Eryn Lasgalen. Eva would have a place to live and be free and they would both be married.
Legolas sighed contently at the thought. Life wouldn't be so lonely now that he had Eva at his side.

Merry had readied himself at dawn. He was dressed in the best he could find. Gilly woke just after he had and helped him to get ot the stables because he was slightly sore.

Cora stood, aprehensively beside a pony and seeing Elrohir, got onto it. She would not be staying in Rivendell when they reached there. She would head home.

The elf lord helped Merry on top of his horse and then placed Pippin and Gilly on top of another. Mounting, the small band of hobbits and elves left. "The journey is long ahead and I wonder what we shall see?"

Translation: Amin hiraetha. Amin naa tualle. Amin selma tyára ve le irma. Manka a hin lle irma, a hin lle indóme n` anta`: I am sorry. I am your servant. I will do as you desire. If a child you desire, a child you will be given.
Translation: You are not my servant, you are my wife

Fin
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email