Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The warriors of harad
on: February 07, 2007 11:26
When the morning came, and the scorching sun began its daily route across the clear blue skies of north harad. The entire army began to wake and prepare for the march. The plan was for halp of the army to enter mordor from that south and the other half was to clear Southern gondor of all men, and their spies.
Lachon, Ciryn and Skyra had all been put in the army that was to clear southern gondor.

Half the mumakil were given to each of the armies, and the troops were all split, then they made for their separate ways. Little did many of them know, many of them would never see each other, or their homeland, again.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 09:38
Ciryn watched the troops headed to Mordor start on their journey. A man turned and shouted a farewell to her. At first she did not recognise him, but then she knew.

"Goodbye!" shouted Ciryn to her cousin as he marched off. "Fight well!" She turned away from him to Lachon and Scyra. "I'm never going to see him again," she said matter-of-factly. She looked awkwardly at the ground and bit her lip.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 09:33
Scyra felt her heart sink when Ciryn said she would never see that man again. "Why do you think that?" Was what Scyra wanted to say, but she did not.
She knew battle was a terrible thing, but why did Ciryn have no faith in their strength?
"Lachon, don't you think it will be a good war?" Scyra asked, she wanted to hear something good and she hoped he would not say something bad about the battle at hand as well.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 11:39
"This, my friend, is going to be a war to remember. And i am determind to survive it."Lachon said, and he really did have much faith in their sheer size . And oif course, he knew that the haradrim warriors were a force that was feared by all who say them.

The sun beat down steadily upon the land. Around them, was still a sea of sand. the army marched on, from horizon to horizon. Like a long snake through the desert they marched and any creature that saw it was mesmerised.

They made good progress that day, but they had to stop the march fairly early, as they had to set up camps for the chill of the desert night. The great mumakil were settled into a huge circle with the army camp in the middle. Not only was this good for protection, but the mumakil's skin was tough and could cope with the cold wind.

March:1/9--Check the OOC
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 02:38
Scyra sat down by a warm fire, not much wind could get passed the mumikil but she was cold anyway.
A young man passed by and saw the fire, he stopped and looked at Scyra.
"You want to get warm?" Scyra asked, she motioned to a stump he could sit on.
The young man sat down. "Thank you." He said.
"My name is Scyra." Scyra said.
"I am Akaji." Akaji said, he smiled slightly.
Scyra stared at the fire for a moment, then a question popped into her mind.
"What do you think of the war Akaji?" Scyra asked.
Akaji seemed mesmerized by the fire for a moment, then he looked up.
"I think it will be a wonderful war, I know we will win." Akaji said with confidence.
Scyra looked into the fire again. "I thought you would say that." Scyra whispered.
"You don't seem very confident." Akaji said.
Scyra tried to smile, but it didn't turn out very well.
"I guess I'm just scared, I want to be brave like my friend Lachon but this is my first battle." Scyra admitted.
Akaji smiled and patted her shoulder.
"You have nothing to worry about friend, this is my first big battle but I've been in many skirmishes, I know we can do it." Akaji said with a smile.
Scyra found this hard to believe, Akaji didn't look much older than herself.
"You don't look much older than me, how is it that you have done so much fighting?" Scyra asked.
"I was born a fighter, like my father. I think I have been fighting since I turned 12." Akaji explained.
They talked for a long time about the war, but soon they both went ot their tents and fell asleep.

The next morning Scyra woke early to help with the mumikil.
She was very tired after talking so much of the night with Akaji, but she was so happy to have found another friend.

Soon they were all ready to leave and they began to march again, it seemed to never end but they were determind to reach Minas Tirith, they were determind to fight.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 09:55
((I'm assuming this is 2/9?))

Ciryn awoke early to help prepare the mumikil for the next day of marching. She stretched lazily and went out of the tent as quietly as possible. Not many people were awake already, just the ones who chose to help get the mumikil ready. With a few other men she climbed up to one of the platforms on the nearest mumakil's back to make repairs, the front section had broken apart in the night. While they worked they talked about the war and what outcome they expected. Two men were doubtful as to whether they would win, but were determined to survive it, and one man was so sure of winning and of his prowess that Ciryn eventually told him to stop his bragging. He worked in a stubborn silence from then on, and the mood was tense.

As the sun rose the heat increased too, and everyone was tired of working in such heat. Soon the platform was mended, and Ciryn slid down to solid ground, wiping the sweat from her forehead.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 11:55
They were finally off again, and the snake-like army was once more winding throught the hot sands. The haradrims were all singing away in excitement of battle. Every step brought them closer to an obvious victory. How could their vast army ever be defeated on the battlefield. It would take a miracle for them to lose.

The day eventualy grew weary and the singing became a neverending cycle of boredom. But still the captain of the army was not prepared to stop the march. He knew that they had a job to do, and the emperor had threatened them that they must reach gondor on time.

Lachon was standing ion one of the high platforms on the mumakils backs. He looked down, and saw Ciryn on her horse far below. He smiled, because her face was set stern. He knew that she would be a great leader when she grew older.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 05:35
Scyra traveled along next to Ciryn, although at that time she wished that she could be traveling with Akaji, he seemed more light hearted.
Of course Scyra knew that war was not a light hearted matter, it was very serious, but she loved his smiled and happiness. He sort of reminded Scyra of a younger version of Lachon.

As they marched on a terrible wind picked up, sending sand everywhere.
During this sand storm Scyra slipped off to find Akaji, she wanted to talk with him some more.

It wasn't too hard to find him, he was actually traveling pretty close.
"Hello again Akaji." Scyra said with a smile.
Akaji nodded and smiled.
"What are you doing away from your friends?" Akaji asked.
"Oh, I just wanted someone else to talk with. Sometimes Ciryn can be very solemn person and it makes me sad. She is still a very dear friend because she has taught me so much but sometimes I like speaking to someone who feels we will win this war." Scyra said with a smile. It was rare to get a smile from Scyra, but lately she seemed to be smiling a lot more.
Akaji nodded. "Ciryn is a very strong fighter, we all are. We will win this battle." Akaji said.
Then Scyra decided to ask him a question that she had asked Ciryn a long time ago. "Do you think we will get to keep their lands for ourselves, or will Mordor take everything?" Scyra asked.
"I hope we get to keep most of the fair land beyond ours, but I don't know for sure. Of course Mordor must give us some payment." Akaji said.
Scyra smiled again, but it was more like a mischivous smile, or if any of their enemy saw her they would probably think it was an evil smile.

After a long while night fell, but it seemed more that the sun was blocked out by the terrible sand storm.
They stopped and camped as they had before, with the mumikil laying around the camp protecting them from the storm and enemies.
Scyra found herself spending a lot of time with Akaji now.
She would slip away from Lachon and Ciryn and go to his fire and talk for long hours.
Then after talking she would go to bed and dream of his handsome face and of the words he spoke to her, about winning the lands they will take from Gondor.
Scyra smiled almost all the time now, when she spoke with Akaji.

(I had an idea that maybe Lachon and Ciryn might think that its dangerous for Scyra to be hearing all this from Akaji, they might think him a bad influence or something like that.
If you don't like the idea thats okay too.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 09:44
Ciryn saw Scyra slip away in the sandstorm, but she thought no more of it and pressed on, encouraging everyone to keep moving. But the sandstorm did not die down even when night fell, so the army set up camp without knowing truly where they were. Ciryn watched Scyra slip off again and this time followed her, curious. After half an hour of listening, she had heard enough, and went back to the fire to tell Lachon of what she had heard.

When Scyra returned with a smile on her face, Ciryn stood up and confronted her. Despite being an inch taller than Scyra, she was still five years younger, and instead of talking she just narrowed her eyes at her, turned on her heel, and went back to sit by the fire with her back to Scyra.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 10:55
Lachon listened intently to Ciryn telling him what Scyra was doing and he watched as leassa went to sit facing the fire.

He walked slowly to Scyra, who was standing bemused at why Leassa, one of her dearest friends, had given her such a welcome.
"Scyra, where have you been going, I thought we had lost you. In fact, I just want to say, some of the soldiers around here are excellent fighters, but with an innocent girl like you. They would become stupid and their foolish side would begin to shine. Remember this" he said sternly, but when he had finished he smiled at her. And went to warm his hands in the heat of the campfire.

as he sat down his eyes met with Ciryns, and he gave a slight nod to reassure her that he had tried to sort thing out.

Above the camp, a great storm was raging and the commander, whose eyes were alert and whose judgement was not clouded by alcohol, soon realised that the weather was getting dangerous. So he ordered tents to have extra pegs and weights holding them down, and everyone was to go inside immediately.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:36
Scyra was surprised at the way Ciryn had acted, but when Lachon explained she nodded.
"But he is my friend Lachon, I still enjoy speaking with him." Scyra said.
Then when news came of the dangerous storm Scyra raced away, she wanted to be sure the mumikil would be safe first.

As she was checking that all the mumikil were calmly sleeping, the storm obviously wasn't bothering them and that made Scyra smile.
Then as she finished checking Akaji rushed over to her and grabbed her arm. "Come on! You must get to your tent!" Akaji shouted.
Scyra nodded then pulled free of his grasp and ran, Akaji watched in surprise. "Scyra! What's wrong?" Akaji asked as he ran over to her.
"What do you mean? Nothing worng with me but a storm is about to blow over us." Scyra said.
"I thought we were friends, I was going to take you to your tent." Akaji said.
Scyra frowned. "I don't need your help. Akaji, you have told me much about how this war is going to be, but you are not really sure, even though you are an amazing fighter. You are still my friend, but I need to know the truth of this battle." Scyra said.
"You mean you don't believe we are going to win?" Akaji asked.
"I know we are going to win, Lachon has told me so and you have also confirmed it, but-" Suddenly there was a loud crack, it seemed like one of the mumikil playforms had broken again.
The wind picked up and blew dirt around them.
"I have to go, I will see you tomorrow." Scyra said, then she rushed away to her tent.
Once she was in her tent she sat on her bed and began to clean her sword.
She wondered if she had hurt Akaji's feelings.
"I'm sure Lachon was right. He has been a close friend since this all started, I will believe him." Scyra convinced herself.
Then suddenly the wind howled around her tent, she hoped everyone would survive through the night.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:55
Ciryn ran after Scyra also, ensuring that the mumikil were safe. The winds were picking up, and the sand was being lifted from the ground. She finished tethering the last mumakil securely and turned to go back to the tent. Then she heard a crack coming from above her and looked up, startled. The platform was swaying dangerously on the mumakil's back. A big gust of wind came, and the dust swirled into all of the workers' faces. People yelled in pain as the sand found its way into their eyes, into every gap in their clothing. You could not see your hand in front of you, if you dared to open your eyes.

Ten minutes later, Ciryn burst into the tent, coughing. Her clothes were caked with sand and there was a bleeding gash on her head that the sand had worked its way into. Part of the platform had fell on her and another man when they were disoriented because of the winds and sand. He had not been so lucky, he was lying face down in the sand, dead. She sat down on one of the beds, the tears leaving clean streaks down her dusty face.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 03:36
By the next morning the storm had subsided, still dust blew through the air.
When Scyra woke she could hear coughing outside, and when she looked down at herself she saw she was covered in dirt.

Scyra sighed and stood up, trying to dust herself off as best she could.
Then she walked outside to see men fixing the mumikil platforms. Scyra knew she probably should help but she wanted to see if Lachon and Ciryn had made it through the storm all right.
Scyra coughed as the dust swirled about the barren land. The storm was still trying to hold on.
Scyra lifted her arm to cover her face a little, the sand kept getting into her eyes.

Scyra went to Ciryn's tent first, she was the closest.
Scyra gasped to see Ciryn laying down on her bed , her head had a large gash.
"Ciryn! What happened!?" Scyra asked as she rushed over to her side.
Ciryn did not answer and when Scyra felt her forehead she was quite warm. "No, you can't get a fever now." Scyra whispered.
Scyra had never been good at healing wounds, so she rushed to find Lachon.

Scyra ran as fast as she could, now she did not care whether the sand got into her eyes or not, she had to hurry.
"Lachon! Ciryn has a bloody gash on her head, and I think she may be getting a fever. You have to go and see her, I'll go find a healer!" Scyra said urgently.

From Lachon's tent she ran to the healers tent.
"You must come and help! My friend is sick and hurt." Scyra said.
The healer nodded and followed Scyra out to Ciryn's tent.
Once they were there Scyra was glad to see Lachon by her side, comforting her.
"You had better leave me to work alone. I will come out and tell you how she is faring." The healer said.
Scyra was upset that she had to leave but she walked out of the tent.

Just as she walked out someone shouted to her. "Scyra! Come over here and help us with the mumikil!" One man shouted.
Scyra nodded and ran over to help, her mind flooded with thoughts. Maybe if she had not been talking with Akaji she would have been able to help Ciryn sooner. But Akaji was her friend still, wasn't he?
Scyra felt very confused, but she pushed the thoughts back as she tried to calm the mumikil so they could place the fixed platforms onto the mumikil's back.

(I hope you don't mind me putting Ciryn in that position Bow and Arrow, if you had other plans I can change it)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 07:51
((It's fine Elfmaiden ))

Ciryn opened her eyes slightly. Her head was throbbing incessantly, it felt like someone was pounding it like a drum. She also felt strangely hot, but she was used to the heat in the desert... "What happened?" she asked, trying to push herself into a sitting position and immediately regretting it. She rolled onto her side and coughed hard into her hand, her body convulsing with it. She did not notice that her hand was speckled with blood, because the world had gratefully faded to black.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 11:05
Lachon raced to ciryns tent as fast as he could, even though it was not very far away. He called for some water, which was scarecly found in the hot desert unless you came across some oasis. He set about attendind to Ciryns wound, which was deep, but he had not the skill for healing, and was only taught the basics in his time as a soldier.

Being called by Scryra the poor healer, who was slightly frail with age, was at a miss at what to do. He looked up from a patient he was helping and shouted at the now empty door that he was too busy. So he called to another younger healer who nodded his head and followed Skyra.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 02:04
Scyra wandered around after sending the healer into Ciryn's tent and after helping with the mumikil.

Akaji saw her and ran over. His face was covered in the dust that still lingered in the air. "Why do you look so worried?" Akaji asked.

"My friend got badly hurt. I'm very worried." Scyra said.

Akaji cupped his hand under her chin and lifted her head.
"Now, there is no reason to be sad. I'm sure she will be fine." Akaji said with a smile.

Scyra moved away. "I don't think you understand Akaji, she is hurt very bad. And I think she slept through the night without getting any help." Scyra said sadly.

"Well, that was her fault wasn't it? It has nothing to do with you." Akaji said.

Scyra glared at him with her dark eyes. "How dare you say that about Ciryn! She is twice as brave as you'll ever be and it was my fault! I should have stayed with my real friends instead of gallivanting around with you!" Scyra shouted, her anger poured out, and now she felt empty and fearful of Ciryn's fate.

Akaji stared at her, completely shocked, then she shock turned to anger. "How dare you speak to me in that way." Akaji said, his voice boomed. Then he slapped Scyra with the back of his armored hand.

Scyra gasped. She touched her cheek, and there was a small cut and a small trickle of blood ran down her cheek. Scyra quickly regained her composure, she stood tall, to her full height, which still did not outmatch Akaji.

"Why can't you wait to make enemies at the battle?" Scyra asked, then she turned her back to him and walked away.

"You won't get away with speaking to me that way! I am the son of a great warrior, he is close to our captain. I will be sure that you get sent back!" Akaji shouted after her, then he stormed away.

Scyra couldn't believe that she had thought they were friends, she knew it wasn't good to be making enemies before the battle but she had to stand up for Ciryn, and he was such a stupid man. Scyra sighed, she had gotten herself in trouble again. She began to wonder if she was cursed or something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edited for paragraph spacing

[Edited on 22/2/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 10:03
It was so hot... Ciryn felt as if she would die from this heat, but it was strange, she thought, as she had never been affected by the heat of the desert before. The heat came on in waves, and she cried out with pain, trying to move away from it but it would not stop coming, she was too weak... She cried out again, willing it to stop, and soon she fell still again, drained.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 08:43
Lachon had seem Akaji hit scyra and his heart went out to her. She was always in trouble at the moment. He walked over to her, and put his hand on her shoulder.
"Don't worry about him Scyra, ive known his father since we were boys, and hes not as big and powerful as he seems. Now lets see to ciryn" and he indicated slightly for them both to walk to her.

The healer by now had arrived, and was trying to patch up some of the gashes Ciryn had recievec. Lachon ordered a small bucket of water and a towel, which he used to cool down ciryns head. But he was sure to let the water drip back into the bucket as it was precious in the desert.

Ciryn was soon laid down to sleep peacefully and Lachon asked Scyra to watch, and care for her.Lachon didn't say that he had also told her to do this so that she was sure to stay out of trouble.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 01:49
Scyra smiled at Lachon and walked with him to the tent.
She watched as the healer worked to stitch up her wounds.

When all was finished Scyra was asked to stay with Ciryn and Scyra did not mind at all. She wouldn't have to see Akaji's sneering face if she was in the tent.

As she sat there she wondered how long it would be until they left. The sand storm had slowed them down, but Scyra was secretly happy about this because if it had been fine weather for marching they would have up and left without Ciryn.

As she sat there Scyra sharpened her blade with a stone she had found before they left home. Then she saw a shadow of a horse outside the tent.
Scyra smiled and walked out.

"Hello Stormryne. How have you been? I hope the storm has not bothered you." Scyra said as she stroked his black face.
Stormryne winnied and nodded his head.
Scyra hugged him neck. "At least you will never leave me, you will be my friend forever." Scyra said.

Meanwhile Akaji was watching Scyra with her horse.
"So that is her prized posesstion. That and the sword of her Father. I can take away her life yet." Akaji said with an evil grin. Of course he meant not to kill her, for that would ruin his reputation, but he planned on taking away the things that were most important to her.

"Of course I will have to find some men who can do this dirty work for me." Akaji said, he knew he could find some men around the camp that would be willing to do it for some money.
Then he stood and left to find some men that would do this for him.

(Somebody can come in here,a new person. by the way they are intending to kill the horse but that won't be happening. Not sure what is going to happen to her sword yet.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 07:13
Ciryn groaned and brought her hands to her head. She was feeling considerably better, but her head was still throbbing. Sitting up slowly, she looked around the tent, trying to remember what had happened. She could remember going out in the storm to tie up the mukikil, but that was it. Shrugging off her confusion, she reached down to her belt - her water skin was still attached and she gratefully drank it all.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email