Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Ranger's Apprentice.KEEP
on: March 22, 2007 03:31
Amdireth smiled, she threw on her saddle this time, but left the bridal off.
Then the two of them took off riding, Amdireth laughed. She hadn't had this much fun in a long time, and she enjoyed spending time with Nathron.

She decided that after the ride she would go back and see how Simrahil was fairing.

Benn started making his way back to his home, but then he saw a figure who was sitting alone.
Benn walked over to her and saw that she was asleep.
"Mirelwen? Are you all right?" Benn asked, he felt a little shy about speaking with her, he wondered if she knew that he had seen her swimming.

Benn sat down beside her. "Are you running too?" Benn asked, he had to admit that he was dreading returning back home. No one seemed to understand him there, they only worried that he would get himself killed.
"Ammë and Oriel don't understand why I fight. They want me to stay home, but I can't stay home. I'm just like Father." Benn said sadly.

Then he looked at her. "Why are you running? Is it because of Lord Elrond and your Father?" Benn asked, he knew that she had had trouble with them before, they always seemed to worry about her.

(I'll be gone all of tomorrow and some of Saturday. I'll post as soon as I get back.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 05:08
Nathron laughed as he rode beside Amdireth, enjoying her company and the pleasant atmosphere. Indeed, he should take the time to enjoy a pleasant ride, a beautiful day, some time with his friends outside of battle.

Nathron grinned, letting the sun shine down upon his fair, youthful, face. His red hair was caught and tossed about in the wind. And he smiled, content with life and everything about it. He knew in his heart that Silmrahil would fully recover, he knew that Amdireth and the others would be ok. That was all he needed to stay a little bit longer.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2007 09:05
Mirelwen woke with a jump, her body jerking visibly and her side scraped the rock. She hissed in pain as her wounds were opened again.

"Yes, I am running also. I did not wish to stay and get lectured, not stay in my room for my "healing". Benn, I have had these wounds for a long time now, longer than any Elf or human for that matter should carry them. I saw the sea and the longing woke in me, so I plan to sail as soon as I might. "

She smiled at him, but it faltered some seeing how uncomfortable he was. SHe raised an eyebrow in question and then guessed that he was the deer she had heard. MIrelwen nearly burst out with laughter at him and the thought of him catching her swimming, for it would not be the first time she had been seen.

Only the first time, that someone who had seen her earned a black eye. She smiled and put an arm around him. "Benn, your family is worried about you, why do you not go and talk to them? I think they shall understand if you onyl explain what you fell inside and why you wish to remain a traveler, to roam wherever you wish."

She got up and stretched, her tunic raising slightly and showing the nasty bruise. She then sat down again and smield at the young boy. "Come, let us camp out tonight, right here. Then in the morning we can go on a hunt, that will take us awhile so we do not have to return so soon. I do not wish to face my fahter's wrath, or Lord Elrond's for that matter."

She stretched out, the sun warming her face and body. HEr eyes drooped lazily and she tapped her soft boots together over the water.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2007 12:56
Simrahil opened his eyes slowly, and the golden light of the room penentrated his eyes. He stretched and felt a great peace listening to the birds singing outside. There were chattering voices every now and then outside in the corridor, but apart from that all was tranquil.
He heard the door of the room slowly open and creack slightly on its fine hinges and he looked up with suprise...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 08:54
As they rode suddenly a young Elf ran over to them, he wore armor and looked like a guard.
"We need help! Goblins are attacking Imladris and we have not enough guards to hold them off!" The elf cried.
Amdireth looked at Nathron and they both exchanged a glance that meant they would help.

Amdireth grabbed the guard's shoulder. "Go and find some more people to help, we will go and aid them now." Amdireth said.
Then she spurred Gwenneth to a gallop and took off.
Amdireth had her sword out and ready.

When they came to the entrance to Rivendell goblins were already climbing over, and she saw one guard was dead already, leaving only five.
Gwenneth ran over a few of the goblins, and Amdireth's swinging sword took off a few goblin heads.
Amdireth made sure to stay close to Nathron, they would need to stick together through this.

Benn smiled at Mirelwen's suggestion. He would like to camp and hunt. He had not gone on a hunting trip with a friend in a long time.
He leaned against a tree and looked up at the blue sky.
He was so glad to be home.

(I don't want everyone at once to run over to help Nathron and Amdireth, just wait a little bit, maybe until Minstral and I post again)
*sorry about that Bereth, I fixed it*

[Edited on 25/3/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 12:54
You are in Imladris, right? Just out of curiosity, what gates are you talking about? Rivendell had no gates and was protected by Elrond's ring so orcs and goblins, etc could not enter. I'm not sure where you are, exactly.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 01:09
Nathron was shocked at the sudden arrival of the goblins. He galloped over beside Amdireth. He had not brought his sword, so he would have to imporivse. As he rode into the goblin's masses he snatched the first sword he came across out of a goblin's grasp.

Swinging it elegantlyhe sliced off one of the evil little creature's neck. Grinning he rode down another goblin, Ross trampling the creature underneath his hooves. Nathron knew Amdireth was close by, there to watch his back as always. The thought gave him comfort, it brought a smile to his face, a genuine one and not one born out of blood lust.

He bashed another's skull, Ross rearing hi up on his hind legs. Nathron laughed, knowing that this battle would not last for very long. He turned to say something to Amdireth...

His breath was gone. He had not even felt the arrow as it had peirced his lung. In fact, Nathron wasn't quite sure what was going on. He was aware of a ringing in his ears, and that his vision was blurring. Was he falling? Nathron could not tell, though he suddenly hit the ground.

There was blood in his mouth, he could taste it, but what did it mean? Nathron could still see the battle going on about him but for some reason his arm wouldn't obey, his fingers had disobeyed him and the sword he had taken had fallen out of his grasp. He looked about him curiously, what was happening? Odely enough he was not frightened, in fact he felt quite calm. What was happening?
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:21
Amdireth smiled as she struck another creature. Then she heard a thump behind her.
Amdireth turned to see Nathron on the ground, a arrow in his chest.

Amdireth gasped and jumped from Gwenneth's back. She ran to Nathron. "What happened!" She asked as she tried to inspect the wound.
She looked back for a second and saw the guards were killing the last goblins.

Amdireth turned her attention back to Nathron. "Nathron, try to move your arm, try to move your fingers." Amdireth commanded, but she could see plaimly that he couldn't.
"I'll take you back to Elrond, he'll heal you." Amdireth said, tears were in her voice.

Amdireth knew that she couldn't lift him on her own, so she asked for help from the guards, who had just finished off the small goblin band.
Then Nathron coughed and blood came up, Amdireth felt her heart quicken, this was not right.
"Hurry, we must take him to Lord Elrond." Amdireth said, she was worried about her best friend.

The guards quickly lifted him and began to carry him back, Amdireth was at his side.

When they came to the house Elrond said he would give him a room. Amdireth would not leave his side, he had always been there for her, she would not leave him.

Benn saw the guards carry in Nathron, he had left the spot he had been at with Mirelwen because he had wanted to ask Amdireth something.
He saw the pain on Amdireth's face and couldn't appraoched her.

Benn ran back to Mirelwen. "Mirelwen! Nathron has been injured!" Benn exclaimed, then the two of them raced off to see if they could find Nathron's room.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:38
Nathron felt his throat tighten, his lungs burned but he felt numb. He coughed, tasting blood upon his lips he panicked slightly, but he could not move. He felt oddly tired as if he was in a dream.

Nathron was quite aware that he was being carried, he was still quite concious, but where to? He looked and saw Amdireth, she seemed worried, but over what? He tried, and managed a smile for her. He could feel himself slipping into sleep. It was so inviting, so warm, he did not know if he could refuse, he did not know if he wanted to refuse.

He was laid out on something soft, and he could feel people working on him. But none of that mattered really. He was to tired to feel anything. He looked at Amdireth, who had stayed with him. He saw worry and sadness in her eyes.

With all the strength he could muster he lifted his hand, his arm, and gently touched Amdireth's cheek. He smiled at her gently.

"Smile for me, Amdireth. You look prettier when you are happy." He said still smiling.

And he passed. Nathron's eyes closed as if in sleep, the smile he had given Amdireth still rested upon his lips, his heart had stilled, his life had faded, the aincient elf who had survived the ages had died at the arrow of a goblin. Perhaps not the most noble death, but he had died beside his friend and that was all that mattered. He had not died alone.

Nathron walked to the ship that would carry him to the halls of mandos, breifly looking back to the receding world that he had known and loved. He knew that his friends would manage, and so he smiled one last time, and walked aboard the great ship...at peace at last.

OOC: Guess you weren't expecting that.

[Edited on 25/3/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 02:59
*holy crap, that made me almost cry Minstral!*

Amdireth managed a tearful smile as she gripped his hand.
Then he died and Amdireth felt her heart stop.
"Nathron, don't leave me good friend." Amdireth whispered, she laid her head on his chest and wept.

Then suddenly a great anger overwhelmed her, anger at the Valar. Why did they protect him? Why did he have to go!?
Benn was at the doorway now, watching the scene.
"Amdireth, I'm sorry." Benn said. He knew that out of all her friend's, Nathron had been closest to her.

Amdireth stormed out of the room, pushing Benn out of her way.
Then she went to Gwenneth and mounted her and rode out of Rivendell. She did not want to see anyone, or speak to anyone.

She stopped not far from the entrance to Rivendell, but she was far enough to keep to herself.
Then she sat only, Gwenneth grazed around.
Amdireth stared up at the sky, then she burst out in rage.

"Why did you take him from me!? Why couldn't I die in his stead! I love him so dearly! The Valar must not want my happiness because they steal my very good friend from my hands!" Amdireth screamed as loudly as she could at whatever Valar would listen.

"Why did I ever put faith in a god from over the seas? They obviosuly don't care about me. You are probably enjoying my aching heart, my tear stained face. I hate you!" Amdireth cried.
Then she stopped shouting and wept.

It took her about an hour to calm herself, then she whispered sadly. "But Nathron wanted to go home, back to the land he had loved so long before. I don't know where you are now Nathron, all I know is you must be happy in the Halls of the dead. The Hall of Mandos." Amdireth whispered.

Then she managed to smile a little. "I'll smile when I think of you Nathron. You were such a joy in my life and I'm so glad that you were my friend. I hope one day we will meet again." Amdireth said, inside she was still a mix of emotions but she had managed to calm down outside.

She continued to sit there, not planning on leaving. She decided that when she went back she would make sure that Nathron had been given a decent burial, even if she was not present for the burial, she wanted to spend some time up here alone, just thinking. She hoped that his sword would be buried beside him, if it wasn't she would carry it at her side.

Then she nodded. "I will carry your sword at my side Nathron, I will continue to fight for the good of the world as you did." Amdireth said. Then she cast aside her old sword and laid down, she needed to think, she needed to be alone.

(Amdireth needs something to remember Nathron by, other than memories, so she will be keeping his sword.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 08:17
Leassa took the stairs up to Nathron's room two at a time. She had seen Amdireth riding Gwenneth out of Rivendell, and she knew that something horrible must have happened. She was hoping that it was not true, whatever had happened, that Amdireth was somehow mistaken.

She reached the door and pushed it open slowly. There was silence inside. Nathron was lying motionless on the bed, unmistakeably at peace at last. As she looked at his still features one last time, a tear streaked down her cheek and she did not bother to wipe it away. Leassa bowed her head for a second, and then turned away in silence.

She went straight to Simrahil's room. He was awake, but she felt like stone, unable to be happy, a body going thorugh the motions with the mind numb. "Nathron, he's..." she faltered, not wanting to speak the truth, as if it would somehow consolidate the fact. "He's found the peace he was searching for," Leassa said softly, and left the room before the tears came again.

Leassa walked to the river and sat down on one bank, looking at the water, her eyes blurred with tears, her head in her hands.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2007 10:00
Simrahil lay on the bed, watching the door. Then, defying his ilness because of the severity of Leassa's words, he stumbled across to the door, his face set in fierce lines. And he began to walk down the corridors of Imladris, slowly and bringing shock to a few elves faces who had known of his injuries. But this was too important to stop at their requests.

He came to the main hall, a large entrance lay at the other end, and he walked over to it. Then, he saw three young elves, along with ben, carrying the body of Nathron into the hall.

Simrahil was stunned, and he roped to his knees. The elves brought the body over to him and placed it onto the floor. There were no emotions in any language Simrahil could think of to describe how he felt. And he knew, at that moment, Nathron was crossing the great seas to peace. Simrahil screamed and flung himself next to Nathrons body, wanting to die with him also. There agreement to cross into Valinor together was broken. Ans Simrahil could only weep.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 03:16
Mirelwen awoke slowly from where she was lying and she could hear Elrohir talking fast and quickly, his words blending together. When she heard the words "goblins" and "Nathron" and "passed", she jumped up off of the rock and stood, her eyes forming tears as she made a connection.

"Is he, wh- how? What happened? Is Amdireth alright, and Leassa, Simrahil, Benn, are they al alright? Elrohir, why must I always lose my friends when I need them most? Why do the Valar test me so and remove all that I hold dear? Why?"

She stood there, tears falling and her heart felt cold and numb, having a friends ripped from her yet again and this time Legolas was not there to comfort her, he was not there help her through this time. He was gone from her, for he had called everything off years ago.

Elrohir stepped up and pulled her into a hug, trying to comfort her. She pushed him away and ran off, going toward the gates and runnig blindly for them, escaping this place. Mirelwen ran on, not stopping when Elrohir called to her, when Elladan questioned her actions, when her father told her to stop. She ran past all of them, ignoring them.

All she could think about was whether the rest of her friends were alive or not. When she reached the gates, she ran through them and blew past a gaurd who tried to grab her. Elrohir went to the house and tried to find Amdireth, which was not easy since he did not know her. HE stood at the stairs and called through the house.

"If there is a person here called Amdireth, I need you to come to the stairs now. It is an emergency, as well as a Leassa, both of you are needed." He stood and waited, hoping that they would hear him and come.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 09:32
(remember Elfalas, Amdireth has left Rivendell as well)

Amdireth wept alone for a very long time. Three days exactly.
But then when she had become strong again she left and returned to Rivendell.
When she came back she was glad to see her friends, but still reluctant to talk. Many times she would think of the last thing that Nathron said to her,

"Smile for me Amdireth. You look prettier when you smile.

But Amdireth had trouble smiling when she heard that, she began to weep when she thought about it.
The first thing she did when she returned was go into Nathron's room and take his sword. She buckled it around her waist, she would wear it proudly.

Benn watched Amdireth closely when she returned. She smiled when she saw him, or when she spoke to anyone, but she was still broken inside and Benn could see it when she didn't notice him.

Mirelwen had run away, as Amdireth had, but she was still gone. Amdireth did not worry, she said she would go after her.
Benn grabbed her arm. "I'm going too." He said.
"No Benn, let me go alone. I have something important to do. Can you get Ross for me?" Amdireth asked.
Benn nodded his head sadly, he felt like Amdireth did not want him around anymore.

When he came back with Ross Amdireth mounted the horse and was about to leave but Benn grabbed her arm.
"Let me go with you, please." Benn begged.
Amdireth nodded, she had wanted to be alone but she knew that Benn had been affected by this as well.

Benn mounted behind Amdireth, then the two of them rode out of Rivendell. Amdireth stopped Ross when they were fairly far from Imladris.
"Dismount." Amdireth commanded.
Benn looked at her curiously. "Why? Mirelwen is not here." Benn said, he looked around.
"We will look for Mirelwen on foot." Amdireth said, she was a woman of few words now.

Benn dismounted, still confused and wondering what she was up to, she didn't speak her mind anymore.
Then Amdireth took the halter off Ross and patted his back. The horse had a sad look in his eyes, he knew that his master was gone.
"It's time for you to go free old friend. Nathron would want you to be happy and free." Amdireth whispered.

Benn watched, he couldn't hear what she was saying.
Then Amdireth took a step back. "Bedi lain Ross." Amdireth said, she watched the horse's eyes light with excitment.
Then Ross took off runing, free again.

Then Amdireth turned back to Benn. "Now we go to find Mirelwen." Amdireth said, then she began to look for tracks.
Benn watched her with amazment, she was a very interesting person, and sometimes Benn could not understand her at all.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 09:21
MIrelwen ran on hard, not stopping. She felt horrible that Nathron had passed, and he had been so helpful to her with the situations she found herself in. She did not realize that she was crying and wiped the tears away.

She felt like she had lost a brother, for she had always felt that way toward him, and she saw him as her brother, the same way with Elladan and Elrohir. She gave a cry of fury and saw some orcs ahead of her. Seh put on a burst of sped, ignoring the pain in her ankle and charged headlong into them, swinging her sword as if she were collecting wheat for harvest.

She stopped and wiped her blade clean, the small scouting party dead all around her. SHe spit on the carcass of one and then continued on her road. She slowed to a walk and sat down on a rock.

Tis not fair, she thought bitterly, that I should have everything yanked from me. First my friend, then my betrothed, now another friend. I wonder who is next, hopefully me and no one else, or I may cast myslef off of a cliff.

This idea made her laigh bitterly and without any humor, her eyes hollow chasms. She got up and walked on, headed for MIrkwood to see Arnarel again.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 07:48
Amdireth and Benn followed a path, trying to find Mirelwen.
"It is hard to track an elf." Amdireth said. Benn nodded in agreement.
Then Amdireth saw Mirelwen walking away sadly, she ran to Mirelwen.

"Daro!" Amdireth shouted, then she grabbed Mirelwen's shoulders and embraced her and wept.
After a moment Amdireth pulled herself away. "Where are you going friend?" Amdireth asked, she wiped the tears away.

Amdireth sighed sadly. "It hurts me so much to lose Nathron, I do not know if I will ever be the same. He was my first friend you know." Amdireth said, she smiled at the memory.
Then she looked at Mirelwen. "But don't you still have friends? And what about Prince Legolas, you told me that you two were to be married at the begining of this journey. You still have a lot to live for, unless it have changed." Amdireth said.

"I don't think I'll ever fall in love myself. I think I might just travel the world until I die." Amdireth said.
Benn looked at Amdireth sadly, he wondered if he would be involved with the travels she spoke of. His dreams seemed far off now. Amdireth need Nathron to keep her straight and Benn needed Amdireth, but would it be changed now that Nathron was gone?

(remember Elfalas, Amdireth did not know that the engagment was broken between Legolas and Mirelwen, just so you know.)
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 06:52
Leassa had no idea how long she had been sitting there. She stood up, wiping the tears from her face irritably with the back of her hand. She went straight to the stables and tacked up Ira, mounting swiftly and riding out of Rivendell. She did not know where she was going, and she preferred it that way. She had decided that she would go back to her old life, alone.

She coaxed Ira into a gallop, and they covered ground fast, Rivendell becoming smaller behind them. Leassa caught sight of three figures a way off, and she went up to them, realising again she had forgotten to pack food, as she had last time. As she came closer she realised it was Amdireth, Benn and Mirelwen, and Ira came to a halt. She looked down at them, not knowing what to say.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:16
Mirelwen looked at Amdireth with sadness and pain in her eyes. "If you must know what I am doing and where I am going, I intened on going to the Grey havens and leaving here. I feel so weary all of a sudden that I wish to leave. But I do not want to leave. I am confused, sad, in pain, and feel awful. Look at this."

She pulled the side of her shirt up to show her the bruises, cuts, and welts there as well as on her back. She then removed her cloak and showed her the bruises around her neck and the ones on her wrists, where the skin had been rubbed raw and in some places was nonexistant from the iron shackles palaced there.

"I have had these wounds for more then a month and few days now, they should have healed by now. I have been lucky thus far to have hidden them from my father and Lord Elrond. They plague me always and hurt sometimes so bad that I must bite my tongue to keep from crying out. I know why they have not healed as well, my body simply will not do it.

I am caught in a constant battle within me everyday on whether to give in and go West or stay and hope it gets better. I know not what to do, only thing I do know is that I am tired of it and wish to simply rest."

SHe looked up at Amdireth, her eyes full of tears of pain. She took in a shaky breath and got up, walking away. SHe had no clue as to what she was doing any longer in her life, she only knew that Nathron's death had ultimately pushed her over the edge.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:50
"I understand." Amdireth whispered.
Then she saw Leassa come up to them. She sighed sadly, she felt like crying but her tears were dry.
"I can't live like this either. I wish I could close my eyes and then awake from the terrible dream, then Nathron would return." Amdireth said.

Benn watched her, she did look older and worn. Before she had looked so young and brave, and happy. He could see that she would never be the same.
"Don't worry Amdireth. You have everyone else still, we care for you." Benn said.

Amdireth looked at Benn. "I'm very tired Benn. I can't return to the Ranger's, it would hurt me to have to explain to them that Nathron was dead. I would have to relive it all, and if I did that I would not be able to move on." Amdireth said.
Benn's eyes widened. "Not return! But what about me, what about me being a Ranger?" Benn asked.

Amdireth put her hand on his shoulder. "I know you will be a wise and strong Ranger. You know enough to be one, you can return to them and explain what has happened to us." Amdireth said.
Benn eyed her. "What has happened? You aren't dead." Benn asked.

Amdireth sighed sadly. "I'm going Benn. I'm going far away. I don't want anyone to come with me, I just want to go alone." Amdireth said.
"But you can't!" Benn shouted. Amdireth glared at him.
"You have a home, you have a family. Stay where you are needed. I am alone now and will go my own way." Amdireth said.
Then she whistled loudly and Gwenneth sprinted out to her.

She turned to her friends, a weary smile crossed her face.
"I am glad that you were all my friends, but it's time for me to go. I do not doubt that you will hear of me again, but I need time to heal in the quiet places in the world. Thank you for coming on my journey with me, I won't forget any of it." Amdireth said. Then she mounted Gwenneth and rode off.

Benn watched as Amdireth felt, tears rolled down his cheeks.
"What are we going to do now that she is gone?" Benn asked.
He felt as if everything he knew was suddenly falling to pieces.
His friends were leaving and going far away, leaving him to stay in Rivendell.
"I guess I never had it in me to become a Ranger like Amdireth. I think she will always be my role model, all of you will be. But as long as I still have friends I won't give up." Benn said determindly.

(well, I figured it was time for Amdireth's exit. She has been here for a while and knowing her character I know she wouldn't be able to stand the pain of the loss. Benn is still around for a though)
Aravis17
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 12:22
ooc: hello! as u can tell, i've been gone for awhile, and i have to say an official goodbye. it's been fun, but i have commitments elseware, but i will never forget any of you!! i am so sorry! if someone (if u haven't already) can take over Aria, i would appreciate it!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 08:36
Leassa watched with wide eyes as first Mirelwen walked off and then Amdireth rode away. She bit her lip slightly and looked down at her hands, avoiding looking at Benn. "We could... go back to the Rangers, I suppose..." she said quietly. "But then what would happen to Simrahil, he didn't fit in as well there as we did..." Ira shifted from foot to foot.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 02:42
Benn sighed sadly. "I don't know what to do Leassa. And I must admit that I'm worried, what if we can't go back to our normal lives? What will we do without everyone?" Benn said.

Then he looked up at Leassa. "Can I ride back to Rivendell with you? I don't have a horse, and we will need to let Simrahil know our plans." Benn said, then he took her hand and she pulled him onto Ira.

Benn looked back in the direction which Amdireth left and he felt a twinge of heart ache. Benn hated this terrible turn of events. He had always heard how heroes would suffer great losses but then quickly be able to move on, but it seemed like those stories were untrue.

"I had always wanted to be one of those amazing heroes, but I can't. Not when my friends are hurting so much." Benn whispered.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 08:28
Leassa looked down at her hands for a few seconds, and then wheeled Ira round to face Rivendell again. They went swiftly back to Rivendell, Ira did not appear to be bothered about the extra weight.

When they arrived they dismounted, and went to find Simrahil. Leassa did not bother to take Ira to the stables, but she did remember while looking for Simrahil to pack some food for the journey, wherever they were going.

Eventually they found Simrahil, he seemed to be heart-broken at the loss of his old friend.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 01:58
Mirelwen walked slowly back to Rivendell, not watching the road or any thing else. She heard the horse pass her by, but she kept going, limping heavily since her anlke was now swollen. Palanel had flown to be with her, he let out a screech and landed on her arm, pruing his feathers. She smiled and stroked his faethers.

He leaned into her touch and nipped her finger gently. He then took off anf flew ahead, looking for Rivendell. They arrived back and Palanel flew to the stable, while Mirelwen simply sat in the library and took a book off of the shelves. Her father came in, fuming but stopped when he saw her.

"Mirelwen, what is wrong? I have not seen you like this in a very long time, tell me what troubles you so." He sat on the arm of the chair she was in and gently rubbed her back. "Father, I just lost a friend, and another friend who left after Nathron died. I know not where she went, but iwish she had not. Now I feel as if I wil lose the rest of them and I do not want that to happen."

Tears streamed down her face when she turned to Glorfindel. He pulled his daughter into a hug and sat there with her, letting her cry. It tore at his heart to see his daughter like this. She pulled away and wiped the tears from her face, sitting there. He took her hand and they went to the gardens by the stables to talk.

He stood while she sat on the bench and he listened intently to everything she told him. He was supried that she had taken to the group so fast, for she was often slow to trust and become friends with people. He sat down beside her and she hugged him, thanking him for being there for her.

"Mirelwen, that is what fathers are for. If your friends are leaving soon, then you should find them and say good bye, that way you can see them once again before they leave here, alright?" She nodded and then got up, going off to find Leassa, Benn, and Simrahil.

She found the latter of the three in his room, along with Leassa. "I- I came to say farewell since you were leaving. I did not wish to hear of your leaving before I had the chance to say it." She turned and fled out of the room, her tears returning.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 04:46
Simrahil had retired to his room after some of the elves had taken Nathrons body away from the main hall. He had been sitting for a few hours when Leassa came into his room. She did not stay long, and Simrahil thought it was because she could sense he wanted to be left on his own.

The tears Simrahil shed had long changed from tears of sadness to tears of anger. Nathron could not leave him so soon, not when they had only met each other again a few years ago.

The elf kept feeling a longing pull of his heart to the west. He knew that there Nathron would be waiting, and they could once more enjoy the company of each other and they could share old and new memories once more.

But eventually sense came to Simrahils clouded mind. The blackness that covered him seemed to shift and he slept again and his sadness faded away slowly, he had tasks to fulfill still here in middle earth.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 06:35
Benn walked into Simrahil's room. He was shy at first, although he had been with the group for a while he still did not know this old Elf very well.
"Simrahil, Leassa and myself have plans to go back to the Ranger's, I think. Unless something else comes up. I don't know if you are interested in coming." Benn said.

Then he knew that he would have to tell Simrahil that Amdireth had gone. Benn took in a deep breathe.
"Simrahil, Amdireth left. She rode away about an hour ago. I don't know where she plans to go, but she said she couldn't go back to the Ranger's and she couldn't stay." Benn explained.

A tear ran down Benn's face. "I'm going to miss her. I wish I could find her again, I would stay wherever she was so that she could continue to train me and help me learn." Benn whispered sadly.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 08:11
Leassa watched Mirelwen run from the room, her eyes haunted. Everything was falling apart again. Nathron and Amdireth were gone, Mirelwen seemed to have no wish to travel back to the rangers, and Simrahil and Benn were grieving still over the loss of their friends.

She sat down in one of the chairs in Simrahil's room and put her head in her hands. How would she explain Amdireth and Nathron's departure to the rangers? She shook her head, cursing vehemently into her hands.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 10:15
Simrahil looked up to Ben after he had finished talking. He was so young and Simrahil could see so many fears and emotions inside his eyes. But he also saw trust, and the longing for someone to watch over him now that Amdireth had gone.
And Simrahil relaised it was not up to him and Leassa to look after Ben and to train him. That was what they were here for. Otherwise they would have taken the call and passed into the west long ago.

He sat up and beckoned for Ben to sit with him. "Ben, people come into our lives for a reason, each one brings a new thing for us to learn, they help us grow and understand. Youi may not understand why Nathron died, or Amdireth passed away now. But later on you will realisethat it was all meant to be. For now, you can count on me and Leassa to train you and be your guardians. Have no fear, because all is not lost"

Simrahims heart grew lighter as his own words made sense to him. Bens face hinted a smile, and Leassa looked over to him and through her eyes Simrahil knew that she understood.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 08:01
Benn nodded, he was glad someone was still going to be around.
"Thank you Simrahil." Benn said, he wiped his tears away.
Then he stood and was about to walk out but stopped and looked back at Simrahil. "Where will we go next?" He asked.

When he had left the room he found Leassa, she was whispering many curses into her hands. Benn put his hand on her shoulder.
"It'll be alright Leassa. Simrahil believes we can all still be a team. I think that someday we might find Amdireth again, she's not dead, she's just wandering around." Benn said, he hoped to find her.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2007 08:43
Leassa looked up at Benn and moved instinctively away from his hand on her shoulder. "Some day," she said, standing up. "If she wants to be found." She stretched and pushed a few strands of hair out of her eyes.

"So where will we go now?" she asked no one in particular.

(OOC - Sorry for the short post )
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email