Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Room at the Inn. (no new players please)
on: April 16, 2007 05:41
Victrix looked at Zuleika now truly intrigued. There was more to this woman then he had first believed and this made her interesting. His eyes sparkled and he tilted his head slightly watching her silently before sitting back.
“That sounds truly depressing. You truly do not know the value of life, you can take it, you can make it, you can even try and control it, but once it is gone it is gone and can never be replaced or regained. Living for a singular purpose can do no one any sort of good, after you finish this quest of yours I suggest you try and rebuild from anew instead of so readily throwing away everything with no knowledge on what you could have made. There is much to life, and though it seems complicated it is really quite, quite simple.” Victrix said with an air of seriousness and met her eyes with his and smiled a small sad smile.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 05:57
Zuleika sighed. She was amazed at Victrix. She took a deep breath, and looked into his eyes.
"I know the value of life, sire, for I have seen it taken so many times. It is something to treasure, yet only if one can treasure it. I have nothing left to treasure." she shook her head. "Not any more."
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 08:00
"No, thank you Hallath. You have done much for me already." Erynloth murmured, staring down at her feet. This man was not like most of the other traveling warriors she had met. If in nothing else then he could keep his temper.

"My friends I and I shall be departing soon, I believe. It is getting to be a larger group than when I first expected." she smiled wryly, then sighed, "I hope it will be enough, we do not know how many men there are. In every account they seem to grow more numerous." Erynloth shook her head, realizing that it might sound like she was tying to convince the man to join their company. "You must do a lot of traveling, no doubt that this is nothing new to you. I hear that in Rohan they are having trouble with the Wild-Men. Have you been there?"
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 10:11
(fyi-I had a bit of an accident and I might not be posting for several weeks)
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 04:01
Hallath nodded, many things lurking beneath the calm surface of his eyes and expression. "I have been there once, a few years ago. I have been many places," he considered, reflectively to himself. "But strength does not lie chiefly in numbers," he said, "It is in the skills possessed by those in the company. Or singular person." He laughed without much humor. "How else do you think I'm still alive?"

Mentally, he counted her company. It was in means large, but perhaps it would suffice for her errand. He did not fear these bandits she was hunting. Running across them was not something he purposed, but neither did he fear it. He wondered how many were indeed working together. There was always breach in command, dissent, in the line of orders wherever criminals banded together. "Perhaps, I would accompany you on your asking," he mused to himself more than her. If nothing else, it would gain him more knowledge of this rising threat should he join the hunt for a time.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2007 11:19
Erynloth search his face, some what taken aback at his words. His expresion told her nothing, but for the first time she noticed the caution and concern beneath his calm expression.

She smiled slightly, "Then I ask you, you you acompany us on this endevor?" though she could have gone on to say how valuble his help would be, she had a feeling that would be a bit of an insult to Hallath.

[Edited on 30/4/2007 by Eleiel]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 04:17
Hallath tilted his head to one side in thought, a slight smile curling his lips as Erynloth simply rephrased and exactly asked. "Very well, lady," he said, with a little mock bow, "I shall come for a while."

Carefully, he left himself this out, for despite his faults, what he considered to be giving his word, he did not like to break. He had no qualms in blatently going against something he told someone, when at the time he told them, he had no intent of keeping it, but if he meant to be true, he would.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 01:07

The silent thumping of hoofs on the muddy road drew little attention from the surroundings, and was acknowledged only by those whom it concerned. For most folk it was only mid day, for others - time to go.

Stopping just in front of Erynloth ad Hallath, Reya jumped down from the horseback and spoke briefly. "It is time." Trusting the reins of her horse in Erynloth's care, she entered the Inn quickly, spotting Zuleika almost at once.

"I believe it is time," she spoke reaching the table at which the half-elf and her company sat. "Those of you who wish to accompany us on our journey, please ready your horses. We will be leaving shortly." Without awaiting answer, the girl left the Inn and reclaimed her horse from Erynloth, telling them both that it was time to saddle their beasts.

((i'm back, for the time being at least ))
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 08:20
Victrix just raised an eyebrow at Zuleika sceptically and shrugged. She sounded like a truly depressing person, or at least a very pessimistic one.
“You would know young lady, I personally have nothing better to do with my life but to live it. But at least it is a better outlook then simply thinking there is nothing left for me to live for” he said rather coldly and shrugged and leaned back in his chair so he could look at the ceiling bored with talking.
"I believe it is time," she spoke reaching the table at which the half-elf and her company sat. "Those of you who wish to accompany us on our journey, please ready your horses. We will be leaving shortly." Without awaiting answer, the girl left the Inn and reclaimed her horse from Erynloth, telling them both that it was time to saddle their beasts.

His concentration broke Victrix’s gaze was stolen from looking at the ceiling and now back at Zuleika. He frowned with some annoyance.
“Leaving for what?” he asked curiously, determined to go along to kill time whether she told him or not.

[Edited on 28/4/2007 by goldenberry]
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 09:10
Zuleika raised her gaze to Victrix, and rose from the table.
"I have decided to go with them, for they hunt for the bandits that terrorise the paths." she gave him a smile. "You can join us if you wish"
She ran out of the Inn, where Reya, Erynloth and Hallath were. She crossed to her horse, and walked across to the others with it.
"Victrix may be joining us."
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2007 06:27
Victrix nodded and watched her leave the room. He ran a long finger along his lips thoughtfully before getting to his feet. He went to retrieve his swords and strapped them back into place before going to the door of the inn. Before exiting he pulled up his hood hiding away his hair and face once more before opening the door and steeping out into the bright outdoors. He blinked a couple of times letting his eyes adjust to the change before walking around the side of the Inn to find the others with their mounts. He frowned for a moment, he hadn’t arrived on a horse, and he in no mood for running along side.
“I wont be a moment” he muttered under his breath and went into the stables. He found a stable boy and asked for a horse for rent for the day. The boy found him a tall chestnut creature and saddled it for him. Victrix led the horse out of the stables by its reins. He didn’t like horses as a rule, and he secretly hope he hadn’t become so rusty he would fall off when he tried to mount. He lead the beast around to the others and stood waiting patiently, stroking the chestnuts soft velvety nose.
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2007 11:08
Simion left the table soon after the others had, and exited the Inn. He saw the rest of their company assembled outside. His heart dropped slightly as he realised they would be riding.
"I have no horse, and lack the money to purchase one."
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2007 04:20
Erynloths horse danced lightly in place, she was nervous to be off. She was very young and barely broken to riding. Such horses were not named until they earned them. They were simply called "horse" or Rohiryn.

"I have no horse, and lack the money to purchase one."

Rohiryn jumped slight at the sudden noise. Erynloth turned towards the voice. It was the man who had returned her knife to her. Erynloth bit her lip and sighed. Slowly she reached back and unstrapped the sheathed knife from her pack and held it out to the man.

"This will be enough to purchase a horse." suddenly she smiled savagely, "No doubt some of the villains who stole it from me, and... 'gifted' it to you shall be happy to redeem it."
wordsmith
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 06:45
Simion took the knife from her and thanked her, saying,
"I thank you greatly for this kindness. i hope I may be able to return both the favor and the knife." With that he turned and walked to the stables of the inn and purchased a dappled mare that looked sturdy and tough. He led her out to the group and mounted her.
"Let us ride" he said.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 12:31
Zuleika mounted her own horse. The poor beast had come a long way to this inn, and now she was forced to be ridden once more. Zuleika turned her gaze to Victrix, feeling a great deal of worry. She had a bad feeling about him joining them, and didn't know if her telling him of thier journey was such a good idea.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 09:55
Again Rohyrin moved restlessly. Erynloth agered with her; they had dallied long enough.

"The time has come." she called; her voice was low, yet it reached everyone. "Let courage walk by your side, strengh in your will and wisdom in your actions."

She looked over the assorted group. Though doubt filled her at some of the members motives, she knew that only thair actions and their words would show them for what they were.

Erynloth nudged her youthful mount to a gallop and the company flowed out of the town.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 11:04
Pulling her hood back up, Reya followed the group only slightly behind them. Being sure everybody knew the way to the Soth Gate without her help, she said nothing, awaiting the time when her skills would be of need.

((so sorry, mass exam-rush back here. wasn't time to come around posting.))

[Edited on 30/5/2007 by Sana]
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 10:05
Victrix digged his heels into the horses sides to get it moving and held firmly onto the reins. His stomach lurched as his horse started moving, and as they brought their steeds up to a gallop Victrix found himself desperately clinging to the saddle. He hoped he didn’t look too undignified or like an learner rider. He knew how to ride a horse perfectly well after all, he just preferred his two feet to take him where he wanted than from a wild creature. He silently wondered how long the horses stamina would last for the gallop, he hoped their courageous leader wasn’t going to run all the way, that would tire the horses considerably. And then they would probably have to walk back, though perhaps that wouldn’t be too bad.
He prayed too that the bandits would not be too far, he wasn’t wearing the proper attire for riding, which would mean a long ride would bring saddle sores. Somehow the idea of having his thighs blistered up for days on end was very unappealing to him.
The wind caught on his hood blowing it back letting his main of white hair run loose. He silently cursed at the sun as its light stung his sensitive eyes. He pulled back his horse a little bit so he war nearer the back of the group. His own steed would follow the others without any real guidance.

((eheh… I’m sure you get the idea that I’m not a big fan of horses, thus Vic really doesn’t like them either. Lol ^_^))
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2007 10:23
Zuleika jerked the reins on her horse, driving the weary horse on.
"Hold on." she whispered to it. She steered nearer the front, and looked up at the sky.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email