Register

<< First1516171819Last >>
Author Topic:
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: December 26, 2005 04:42
Does Frodo has a theme song?I ask this because I noticed that each Hobbit has a song, for example Sam(Samwise the Brave), Green Dragon(Merry and Pippin). I don't know about Frodo. Anyone could clarify this? :heart:

[Edited on 27/12/2005 by IloveFrodoBaggins]
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 01:10
I can't think of any theme for Frodo, there's nothing in the track titles of FOTR Complete Recordings to indicate it either. Perhaps in the complete recordings of TTT & ROTK?

Has anyone got FOTR Complete Recordings, by the way? I have it & I'm blown away by it. I expected it to be the original soundtrack padded out with extra music but it's much more than that. I listened to the entire thing last night in surround sound... unreal!
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 02:35
Where can I download FOTR Complete Recordings?
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2005 04:32
Grey_Pilgrim: Is the new soundtrack included the orginal's soundtrack songs? Can you explain me? Because I want to buy it when I can afford it. I hope in the other complete recordings(TTT, ROTK my beloved Frodo has a theme song):heart:
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2006 05:29
Yes, all the music from the original soundtrack is on the new one. A lot of the track names are different but it's the same music. It's a bit expensive (€60 here) but you get the entire score on 3 cds, the entire score on 1 dvd and a 48 page book, so I would definitely recommend it to fans of Howard Shore's masterpiece.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 07:31
My hand shook a little as I plunked down the money for this set (a bit less than $60 after a small discount), but I'm definitely not sorry I did. I was delighted that it had the party dance music ("Flaming Red Hair") and Merry and Pippin singing at the Green Dragon, just to mention a few goodies. The one thing I didn't like was the way disc 4 was attached --- it doesn't stay in very well on that knob of plastic on the inside front cover.

IloveFrodoBaggins: I'm not aware that Frodo has his own personal theme. It seems the general "Hobbit Theme" is used for him, but we'll see when the other two sets of recordings come out.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Gandalf12
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 07:04
I absolutely love the LOTR soundtracks and would die to hear it live. But I guess I'll have to settle to listening to it on a CD and playing the music books on keyboard. Anyways, I believe the music from LOTR (in my opinion) are the best scores ever written for movies. The Complete Recordings are also awesome and do not disappoint. After listening to it once, I actually felt more of the emotional connection to LOTR. Some favorite tracks...

FOTR
Concerning Hobbits (love the "hobbity" feeling)
Treason of Isengard (nice, strong music)
The Ring Goes South (love the Fellowship Theme a lot)
Amon Hen (rhythms are great)
Breaking of the Fellowship (lots of emotion through the music)

TTT
Foundations of Stone (the choral parts at the end make it firm, strong)
The Uruk-hai (continue to love the Fellowship Theme)
Treebeard (nice, kind of playful "wood feeling")
Isengard Unleashed (sorrowful choral part is excellent, love the Nature Theme [March of the Ents])
Samwise the Brave (once again; lots of emotion through the music)

ROTK
Minas Tirith (the Gondor Theme is my favorite of all themes next to the Fellowship Theme)
The White Tree (absoultely love the very strong, loud use of the Gondor Theme)
Ash and Smoke (dark theme, Gondor theme, like the end)
The Pelennor Fields (percussion at the begin is great, like the Nazgul theme in it, excellent majestic-like theme at the end)
The Black Gate Opens (teriffic, strong beginning, like how it turns from battle-like music to "hobbity" music)

FOTR Complete Recordings

The Shire (introduction of the Fellowship Theme and "Hobbit Theme", calming)
Bag End (great singing by McKellen, calming and "hobbity")
The Great Eye (GONDOR THEME is introduced and it awesome here, also like the Mordor themes)
The Doors of Durin (like the music when they discover the door, also like the suspenseful Watcher in the Water Theme)
The Road Goes Ever On...Part I & II
(yet again; love the emotion coming through the music)

PS-If you would like to reach me to get info, tracks, etc. from FOTR Complete Recordings you can email me at [email protected]
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 02:06
The one thing I didn't like was the way disc 4 was attached --- it doesn't stay in very well on that knob of plastic on the inside front cover.

Have to agree. I was afraid I was going to break the disc when removing it the first time (it was stuck solid) & it doesn't stay very securely when putting it back in thereafter. Surely it would have been possible to use a regular cd/dvd holder?
Deagol112LotR
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 02:49
I love the soundtracks! I just got FotR and TTT for Christmas from my mom. I'm hoping to buy RotK. My friends think I'm really wierd when I listen to it though... they think I'm just listening to some really wierd opera songs!
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2006 04:12
I know what you mean. Luckily though, one of my best friends is a fanatic about movie scores & classical music so at least I can drone on & on at someone about how great the LOTR soundtracks are & not be told shut up!

Just listening to FOTR Complete Recordings again. Whilst the excellent original soundtrack release is the music from the film, the full version is the film music, if you get my meaning. Gandalf12 put it very nicely referring to more of a connection to the story.

I just hope if PJ makes The Hobbit he goes with Howard Shore for the soundtrack. He'd have to really, wouldn't he?
Johannes
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 12:22
It is alright music, but there have been made better music. Have anyone heard "a night in Rivendell" or the two other CD. that is the hell of a good music. so if anyone shares my thought let me no, please!
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 09:16
Does anyone know the release date for TTT Complete Recordings?
Elioclya
Lady of Ithilien
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 10:36
I haven't seen the individual CD anywhere, but the full box set of complete recordings is available.

Edit: Actually... I'm wrong... I thought it was until I got what I asked for for Christmas and realised it was actually just FOTR :blush:

[Edited on 14/1/2006 by Elioclya]
Elven_superhero
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2006 04:11
I have the trilogy CD set, so I'm all set there. I don't really have any complaints about it either, but I specifically hated 'The King Of The Golden Hall' when it got stuck in my head for two years after seeing TTT for the first time. :banghead:
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 07:16
I have the trilogy CD set, so I'm all set there. I don't really have any complaints about it either, but I specifically hated 'The King Of The Golden Hall' when it got stuck in my head for two years after seeing TTT for the first time. :banghead:

Which CD set? The original soundtrack or the complete recordings?
Elven_superhero
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2006 10:26

Which CD set? The original soundtrack or the complete recordings?

Soundtrack. If I had the recordings, I definitely wouldn't be so small and subtle about the CDs.
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2006 12:31
Elven_superhero: Is the music of The king of Golden Gate bad? I love music like that.
Phantasmagoria
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2006 07:51
These soundtracks continue to startle me and inspire me "beyond reason". Absolutely.

I can't believe how beautiful and brilliant all three scores are.
Luthien_Tinuviel17
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2006 02:06
I LOVE the soundtracks to all three movies!:love: I really like Concerning Hobbits, The Council of Elrond, Gollums song, and many others. I think they really captured the emotions of the events that happened.
Dan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2006 04:56
hello..sorry to bother you all but im a newbie...could anyone please direct me as how to put myself on that list or whatever it is?
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2006 03:41
Yes, all three soundtracks were AWESOME! The music for LOTR is better than any other, even Star Wars and Gladiator. Some of my favorite tracks are
FOTR: Flight to the Ford, Many Meetings, The Council of Elrond, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Lothlorien, The Breaking of the Fellowship, May it Be
TTT: Foundations of Stone, The Uruk-Hai, Evenstar, Breath of Life, Helm's Deep, The Hornburg, Forth Eorlingas
ROTK: Minas Tirith, Twilight and Shadow, Anduril, The Return of the King, and (my all-time favorite LOTR song) Into the West!

But I love all the songs. It's such an awesome set of soundtracks and it's so beautiful! Thank you Howard Shore!
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: February 21, 2006 10:06
I have the soundtracks, but they are like remakes or something. No voices :cry:. Anyhoo, my fav tracks for all three:
FotR: Bridge of Khazad-dum, Breaking of the Fellowship
TTT: Samwise the Brave, Ride of the Rohirrim
RotK: Into the West (okay, this one has voices), Minas Tirith
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2006 06:25
Does anyone know of a website where I can find the lyrics and translations for all the tracks? I especially would like the lyrics to The Bridge of Khazad Dum.
IloveNenya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2006 06:12
Ok, i have the music book of alot of the songs and my favorites are probably:
1. Into the West
2. In Dreams
3. Concerning Hobbits
4. Rohan

In rohan i love the "king of the golden hall" part! does anybody have this book? if so, what do you think about it? :love::love::love::love::love::love: I am in love, i can't help it! i am just a devoted fan, i can't help it if my friends think that i am TOTALLY crazy and out of my mind!!!!!!!!:love::love::heart::heart::love::heart: -Madison P.S. i am very angry because i can't get my fingering for the violin right on into the west and i am having trouble slurring, any advice???

[Edited on 4/3/2006 by IloveNenya]
angry
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2006 03:46
that gollum song freaks me out...but i like it! it's very cute and i like very much the hornburg track it reminds me of haldir
and yes, concerning hobbits and may it be rulz!!! in fact, all LOTR OST rulz!!
joe22elfriend
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2006 04:24
i thought the soundtack was great loved the rohan them, really relaxing and howard shore what a man. really enjoyed the music
angvaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 10:28
i have all three soundtracks and they are full of great music. howard shore is a genius, like hans zimmer (gladiator). lost count of how many times i listened to their music, and still do. too many favorites to list here.
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 05:47
Well, of course every single track is amazing but my favs are...
FotR: the last lot; lothlorien, the great river, amon hen and BREAKING OF THE FELLOWSHIP.
TTT: King of the Golden Hall, leave taking and Samwise the brave.
Return of the King: Twilight and shadow, Return of the king and into the west

wow that was much much harder than i thought! you can probably guess which is my fav
Pippins_mine__Hobbitlover
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 07:25
I have the soundtrack, too. I love the first CD, 2nd song. "Concering Hobbits" and "Into the West" ( even though thats on the 3rd cd)
Lothlorian1988
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 10:45
I :heart: the soundtracks, i don't know what it is about them there just awesome i always get the shivers everytime i listen to all three albums. I go through phases of the songs i really like, currently i am loving "The Houses of Healing by Liv Tyler", "Into the West", "Concerning Hobbits", "The Mirror of Galadriel", and finally "The return of the King" - Viggos voice is just amazing!
tom_the_bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 11:17
Sorry if this has been answered before but what is the name of the song in the fotr trailer. I think it is a generic film trailer song but i hoped somebody might know what it is. It is not requim for a dream, i already got that one.

Thanks to any helpers

Tom BomB (how original?)
Aegliriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 11:10
The soundtracks were great! I like the Rohan theme the best, but maybe that is becasue I play viola. Gondor's great too. The Fellowship theme (or what I call walking music) is cool. From FotR, Many Meetings is one of my favorites.
ISISdeMIL
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 04:19
:love:I loved every single song! Each fit its own scene perfectly. They did an outstanding job. I get chills whenever I hear any of them...even the songs for the bad guys!
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2006 03:58
Hey guys, look at the front page! Howard Shore's LOTR score has been voted the greatest ever for the fifth year in a row!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

[Edited on 7/21/06 by Aragorn1]
Mirabelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 03:13
I think that the Gondorian-themed music from the scene when Pippin lights the beacon and it travels across the whole landscape and it's seen by Aragorn is the best part music-wise That bit always gives me shivers!!!! It just sounds so royal and elegant but bold and almost superior. Also, "Concerning Hobbits" is a fab song, but the second best has to be "Evenstar" extraordinarily fantabulous!
<< First1516171819Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email