Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1617181920Last >>
Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: July 20, 2006 11:10
My favourite melody/song in the whole trilogy is Forth Eorlingas from TTT!!! Tightly followed by Minas Tirith from ROTK and Breaking of the Fellowship from FOTR!! But I LOVE many melodies! Howard Shore has done the best soundtracks evey with this trilogy! Amazing work!! Got all the albums of course!!
Caleniel41
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2006 11:49
I practically live off of my soundtracks! I can't pick a favorite from each one so I'll pick two...
FotR: May It Be and Concerning Hobbits
TTT: (Oooh hard one) Riders of Rohan and The Uruk Hai
RotK: Return of the King and Into the West
But I love them all :love: Even though I've listened to them a hundred times, I still get all excited when I hear them! Howard Shore is amazing.
Lady_Melime
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2006 11:00
I love the soundtracks to death...I want them to be played at my wedding and my funeral...honestly, my fav would have to be FOTR, though.
Bunkz
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 02:52
I love the evil sound track.. the horn one that sounds like the horn of gondor

its played on FOTR in saruman's undergruond Isengard
Meldamiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 04:23
I love the soundtracks...but I can't choose one as the best because for me the three are wonderful. Howard is great
Hagost
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 03:17
I loved all the soundtracks. Most of all i loved the ROTk soundtrack. By the way, does anyone have some trumpet sheet music for ROTK? If so i would be so happy it's not even funny if you could send me some.
augureysyu
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 08:54
hey!! sorry.... but urm i hope this isnt going to far outta the topic but.... do u guys know where I can find other songs similar to arwen's house of healing song, pippins song, evenstar and all that.... u know with that kind of feel and sad lyrics to the music I cant seem to find em anywhere.... hope u guys can help! Thanks.
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2006 08:22
I've always though My Immortal by evansence should have been in it. And To Where You Are by Josh Groban.
yocamodude
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2006 07:44
Ok, so I looove arwen' song in the houses of healing in RotK; so, I want to learn to play it myself on various instruments. Does anyone know where to find sheet music (official or fan-made) for it? I'd rather not have to figure it out myself....
DaugtherOfThranduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2006 04:04
I love all the soundtracks even though i have only two of them i still love theem i love almost all the song i totally adore them
Elvothien45
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2006 03:54
My favourites are probably Concerning Hobbits (FotR), Riders of Rohan(TTT) and the Pelennor Fields (RTOTK). All of which I can't find any music for, oh well, I think all the soundtracks are ace, does anyone know when the Two Towers Complete Recordings comes out in the UK? I really want it.
Elvothien45
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 01:38
Does anyone know where I can get the music that plays over the Two Towers trailer? Or if you're a gamer then it plays over the demo at the beginning of the Return of the King. I just think it is so awesome, and I would really love to know how to get hold of it...
Aragorn1
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2006 09:10
does anyone know when the Two Towers Complete Recordings comes out in the UK? I really want it.

TTT:CR comes out in the U.S. on November 7th, 2006 (8 more days!!!!). Last I heard, the U.K. realease was supposed to be postponed to late November (possibly the 27th).
IndilwenMiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 01:12
Howard Shore is a genius.

One of my favourites is Hope and Memory. That actually makes my spine tingle.

Another one is Helm's Deep.

And you have to love the Enya songs - May it Be and Aníron.

They are all amazing though. I like to listen to them before I sleep

[Edited on 21/11/2006 by IndilwenMiel]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 10:22
Hey

sorry to ask such a shamefull question, I should know already but I wonder: I just found out there is something like 'the complete recordings'.

Does anyone here have them (well at least the FOTR since the other isn't out yet, or just)? How are they? Is it really an official version, or just another box that tries to use the succes of Howard's and Peter's superb LOTR movie and sound?
Is it really good? How long is it, how many hours?

Thanks guys (and galls of course )

Errandir
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
KingxElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 08:24
Does anyone know where I can get the music that plays over the Two Towers trailer? Or if you're a gamer then it plays over the demo at the beginning of the Return of the King. I just think it is so awesome, and I would really love to know how to get hold of it...

Scroll down to where it lists The Two Towers trailer. The song is called Requiem For A Tower. I'm not sure where you can get it...probably download it from somewhere online. You might have to do a little searching. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 05:34
gondolinian,

I have both LOTR complete recordings...FOTR and TTT. If you are familiar with the films, you can close your eyes as you play these and envision the entire film... scene to scene. My guess is they are the background music to both films and they run over three hours each. I can't wait for the ROTK to come out. It's said it might come out mid-summer next year (2007) but I suspect it will not happen until November of 2007, just as the first two came out.

If you love the films and love the musical background as well, these are more than worth the cost. I play them when I'm driving and I find that 'road rage' is impossible when you're thinking about the visuals behind the music (Just don't close your eyes when driving, however). How can anyone be angry when one is in the heart of Middle Earth? *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Elvothien45
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 06:31
does anyone know when the Two Towers Complete Recordings comes out in the UK? I really want it.

TTT:CR comes out in the U.S. on November 7th, 2006 (8 more days!!!!). Last I heard, the U.K. realease was supposed to be postponed to late November (possibly the 27th).

Thank you! I'll put it on my Christmas list!
Elvothien45
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 06:35

Scroll down to where it lists The Two Towers trailer. The song is called Requiem For A Tower. I'm not sure where you can get it...probably download it from somewhere online. You might have to do a little searching. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

http://audiblebeauty.net/trailers.htm

I went onto www.dogpile.com and put in 'Two Towers Trailer'. It then came up as 'Requirem for a Dream [/i]Remix[i]' I then right clicked and 'save target as' it was pretty simple really. I love that pices of music too. It's by Clint Mansell.

KingxElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 06:59

I went onto www.dogpile.com and put in 'Two Towers Trailer'. It then came up as 'Requirem for a Dream [/i]Remix[i]' I then right clicked and 'save target as' it was pretty simple really. I love that pices of music too. It's by Clint Mansell.

oh good, i'm glad you found it. It's something I love listening to also.
merrymonaghan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 01:11
I love all the soundtracks. I have a favorite sond on each one so it is hard to choose. They always send shivers down my spine.
Vandiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 04:27
I can't wait for all of the new soundtracks to come out! I'm definatly getting them all! I really hope that in RotK they have the song Liv Tyler sings. I want it so bad! I'm relly excited. :disco:
KingxElessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 05:53
I can't wait for all of the new soundtracks to come out! I'm definatly getting them all! I really hope that in RotK they have the song Liv Tyler sings. I want it so bad! I'm relly excited. :disco:

That's so beautiful...the song Liv sings. I too hope it's on the ROTK Complete Recordings.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2006 12:20
my absolute fave is "the bridgof Khazad-Dum" and all the songs that use that little "riff" (can't think of a better word).

P.S. Does anyone know if the song the elves sing at the beginning of FOTR (while sam and frodo are watching in the wood) is on the soundtrack, and if so what's it called?
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 07:01
IthilionofMirkwood,

The song that the wood elves sing is called the "Passing of the Elves" and is played and sung in full....four full verses worth. It is absolutely beautiful....like a Gregorian chant.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
lanelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 04:50
My favorite parts are the Elvish songs - especially 'Evenstar':heart:. And who doesn't love 'Into the West'?
M00N
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2006 07:36
I love "Into the West" . Annie Lennox has such an amazing voice. I also like Gollum's song. It's so sad...
And "The Ring goes south", especially the part where you 'see' the Fellowship walk past those rocks. It sends shivers down my spine everytime.
Tyrhael
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2006 12:24
The complete Annotated TTT soundtrack PDF is available for download (free and legal) here. The FotR one has been available for a while now here.
freakinblack
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 11:22
Oh, man I'm a freak about 'em! I memorized (literally) the FOTR one. My favorite songs on there are definitely the Shire music, the Breaking of the Fellowship,and May It Be. TT is AWESOME! I love the Rohirrim stuff, Evenstar, Breath of Life,The Hornburg, Isengard Unleashed, and (TOTALLY) Gollum's Song.:love: :rolling: :drool: ROTK is probably my favorite 'cause of Steward of Gondor, The Black Gate Opens, The Return of the King, and (of course) Into the West!:love: Hey, if you ain't got 'em, get 'em!

Now is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great. - Elrond, FOTR, The Council of Elrond
Veky
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2007 03:31
I adore LOTR music!

My favorite songs are:

1.From FOTR:
Treason of Isengard
Knife in the Dark
Flight to the Ford
The Breaking of the Fellowship

2.From TTT:
The Riders of Rohan
The King of the Golden Hall
Breath of Life
The Hornburg
Forth Eorlingas
Samwise the Brave

3. From ROTK:
The White Tree
The Steward of Gondor
Twlight and Shadow
The Return of the King

What about you? Which songs do you like?
Galadwhen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 04:44
Hi, I loooooooove the music of Lord of the Rings and I was wondering...does anyone know where I can find some oboe sheet music? Because I play oboe it is really hard to find music for it...because not many people play it. Anyway if someone knows a place, if they could send me a pm that would be GREAT!!!

[Edited on 15/3/2007 by Galadwhen]
Mintis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2007 10:59
i just love "riders of rohan" from ttt

and "may it be" (: recently learning to play it by piano as well as riders of rohan. or something similar to it (:
Heleg_Maeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 11:26
I love "Arwen's Song".. I think it's a beautyful song.
Also Enyas May it be and some of her celtic songs, like Lothlorien.
I just love the whole film!
The actors, nature, Special effects and the most of them..
The songs.
I think Pippins song is so beautyful when he sings in the greathall.
:love:
steveg
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 11:23
I looked on Amazon.com to locate the sountracks, and there are like a million different versions -- some with just a few songs, some with many...

If I wanted to get a complete sountrack for all 3 movies, can someone tell me what the exact title of that would be (so I can find it/buy it?)

Thanks,

Steve
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 05:23
steveg

There are only two complete scores out so far...listed on Amazon as follows:

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring complete recordings
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers complete recordings

The ROTK is due out sometime this year and I would imagine they will release it as they have the others sometime in November, perhaps early December.

However, the first two are worth the purchase. If you've seen the films, you can close your eyes and envision the entire films through the music alone. I love them and can't wait for ROTK.
<< First1617181920Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email