<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
steveg
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: April 14, 2007 08:18
BerethEdhellen --

IF I have seen the movies??? I think I've watched them about 10 times apiece, extended edition!

I know this is a thread hijack, but I just have to tell this story...

I remember when the FotR first came out and some guys at work were all fired up about it. I couldn't have cared less...

I had no intention of ever seeing the movies. Then, about 2 years ago, my cousin just installed a home theater, and wanted to show it off for me. He said "check this out..." and put it the Fellowship of the Ring. I was completely hooked!! I bought the movies, watched them about 3 times through. Then, I got the books, read them. Then I read the Silmarillion. I have since watched the movies about a half dozen more times, and just got a boxed set of the books which includes the Hobbitt (which I will soon begin to read for the first time).

So, I went from completely disinterested in the movies to, as of about 2 years ago, a HUGE, HUGE fan! It's so funny because after seeing the movies, I would come to work all fired up and talking about them, and the guys who saw them when they first came out just roll their eyes at me -- like I had been living in a cave for all this time or something! I feel like I just discovered Atari or Pac Man or something! It's like I just woke up from a coma and am catching up on all that happened since I was asleep!

Anyway, thanks so much for the info on the music. I'll go to Amazon now and check out those two. I didn't know RotK was not out yet, but that explains why I couldn't find it!

Oh, yeah -- I know what you mean about envisioning the films when listening to the music. One of those guys at work has a CD with about 10 or 15 songs from FotR. I don't remember the name of that CD, but he let me listen to it...and it is great how you can remember just what was happening in the movie at the time that music was playing -- not to mention the fact that the music is just superb all by itself...

Thanks!

Steve
SanHaldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 12:14
I love the soundtracks, I like this type of music, my favourite tracks are "Twilight and Shadow" "Into the west" and "The end of all things" :drool:

[Edited on 21/4/2007 by SanHaldir]
Erumelmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 12:38
I am a great Enya fan!

So when I saw the Fellowship of the Ring for the first time, I was completely bowled over. I had heard "Lothlorien" way back, but "Aniron" and "May It Be" stunned me.

I think the Fellowship has the best music of the trilogy. The flutes in "Concerning Hobbits" in the start and "In Dreams" - just magnificent! "In Dreams" - another soothing, peaceful, ethereal piece!

However, I loved the Edoras Theme as well.
"Why? Because I'm afraid and he gives me courage."
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2007 08:41
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but, can someone please tell me the name of the song featured (usually in trailers or other LoTR fan videos) where a boy sings and the last few words are "... I will go there and back again."

Thank you in advance,
Ilandir
katie
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 01:11
I loved all the three movies soundtrack. I am a great Enya fan. I love especially Shire, Rivendell, Lothlorien, Rohan themes.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 06:16
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has already been posted but, can someone please tell me the name of the song featured (usually in trailers or other LoTR fan videos) where a boy sings and the last few words are "... I will go there and back again."

Thank you in advance,
Ilandir

llandir ~ That lovely song is In Dreams from Pt. 2 of The Road Goes Ever On and is performed by Edward Ross.

[Edited on 6/5/2007 by LinweSingollo]
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 07:07
llandir ~ That lovely song is In Dreams from Pt. 2 of The Road Goes Ever On and is performed by Edward Ross.

Thank you very much LinweSingollo! ... Could you tell me where it can be found please?

[Edited on 6/5/2007 by Ilandir]
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 07:26
In Dreams is on "LotR Fellowship of the Ring: The Complete Recordings" ~ the end of Disc. 3 to be exact. Or were you looking for sheet music, llandir?
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 08:54
No it'ok. No need of music sheet - just the music. Thanks alot once again for your help!
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2007 02:28
I love the soundtracks! I took Two Towers from the library and loved it, and then did the same with Return of the King. I think that I like Two Towers better, except I have absolutely fallen in love with "Into the West".
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 09:38
Do we have a date yet for release of the RotK Complete Recordings?
Gwilith
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 04:46
I love Concerning Hobbits off the FOTR soundtrack, and Into the West of the ROTK.
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: June 26, 2007 06:23
Do we have a date yet for release of the RotK Complete Recordings?

I haven't heard anything official other than it will be this year, cirdaneth.
I checked my last year's calendar and TTT complete recordings went on sale last year on November 7, so that should give us a rough idea when to expect RotK.
Elendelyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 04:01
ROTK out this year? GORGEOUS! I CAN'T WAIT!!! Just this year I got FOTR and TT complete recordings and subscribed for updates on the music. Howard Shore is absolute genius. My favorite on the FOTR complete would probably be the "Passing of the Elves" TT I haven't decided yet.
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 07:08
At least I assume it will. TTT came out last year, FotR the year before that, so naturally I expect RotK to make an appearance this year...It better.... :drool:

[Edited on 17/7/2007 by LinweSingollo]
Elendelyne
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 06:57
yeah, no kidding. I'm waiting anxiously to get Arwen's song and the bit Aragorn sings at his coronation.
Elvothien45
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2007 09:38
I really hope it does come out this year...I hope that the ride of the rohirrim is on there. I know it's on the soundtrack, but it's not as long as the music in the film...but hey. I've got FOTR complete recordings and my favourite has to be Rivendell or Parth Galen...or flaming red hair, I picture Bilbo's party every time I hear it...
XKingElessarX
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2007 09:41
I love Concerning Hobbits off the FOTR soundtrack, and Into the West of the ROTK.

Concering Hobbits is one of my favorite pieces of music from the Trilogy.

I, like everyone else, can not wait until ROTK - The Complete Recordings comes out. I have been listening to FOTR-TCR and TTT-TCR a lot the past few weeks. I never grow tired of them.
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2007 10:21
I love the sountrack!it is soo coool
emmyarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 11:46
I am hoping to get the Fellowship complete recordings but am still just saving up for it. I am hoping it will not disappear.
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: September 03, 2007 02:19
Howard Shore's official fan site has announced that the Lord of the Rings Complete Recordings, the Return of the King is coming in Fall of 2007. :disco:

I couldn't find anymore details at this point, but start saving your pennies. It'll definitely be something for us to put on top of our Christmas lists.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: September 03, 2007 03:26
Dang, I've been checking out his site about every third day to see if there's any info. Since the FOTR came out in Dec. and TTT came out in Nov., I figured that ROTK would come out about the same time. What's due next year? The films came out in Nov/Dec, the music the same time, and after this year, what's left? *sighs*

But thanks, Linwe. I've been soooooooo waiting for this news. Now come on Nov/Dec....I've waited too long already. *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: September 14, 2007 06:48
Alrighty, Ber and all Howard Shore fans, get out your calendar and circle the date: ROTK is coming out...*drumroll*....November 6!!

Here's the link: ROTK Complete Recordings
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 05:22
It's for real!!! It's reached Amazon.com HERE though there's no picture or description yet.

But we can now order in advance.....YIPPEE SKIPPY!!!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2007 05:55
Alrighty, Ber and all Howard Shore fans, get out your calendar and circle the date: ROTK is coming out...*drumroll*....November 6!!

Here's the link: ROTK Complete Recordings

Great news! I had FOTR Complete Recordings in time for Christmas 2005 but had to wait till late Jan this year for TTT version thanks to my local music shop letting me (& a friend) down. If I let them know right now about the release date hopefully I'll be able to enjoy ROTK Complete Recordings on Christmas Day this year. (It's become a bit of a tradition to have some new LOTR music at Christmas since 2001).

Can't wait!
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 13, 2007 09:10
Hooray!! I shall pre-order them and as soon as they come the whole trilogy will be on my ipod. Swoon!
FiRWEN
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2007 08:38
yeah. i luvv the soundtracks.
i dont know why anyone wouldnt....
well....different tastes i guess.
i love the soundtracks!:love:
pippinfan92
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2007 12:40
I have all three soundtracks -- but I do not have the complete recordings for any of them. My mom, sister, and I just listened to the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack yesterday in the car and, once again, I almost cried during Concerning Hobbits and at the very end of The Bridge of Khazad-Dum. I love Evenstar, May It Be, Concerning Hobbits, Lothlorien, and Steward of Gondor (Pippin!!). I love even more of them but my fingers might fall off if I keep typing.

((I edited so the titles would show up in bold for you. You needed []'s instead of <>'s))

[Edited on 23/10/2007 by LinweSingollo]
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: November 03, 2007 06:05
You may have already read the news item from Howard Shore's official website on the main page of CoE :

"Please Note: New Release Date for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – The Complete Recordings!
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King – The Complete Recordings will now be available beginning Tuesday, November 20th due to the San Diego wildfires that forced the temporary closing of the assembly plant. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding."

The wildfires have brought so much devastation to the residents of southern California. Luckily the plant wasn't destroyed, and at the least, the delay will give us a chance to hoard a few more pennies towards our purchase.

LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: November 05, 2007 06:15
Here's a review of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King recordings, plus a list of track titles and a few sound clips: review
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2007 11:05
Thanks fot that Linwe Singollo
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: November 12, 2007 07:00
You're welcome!
Daedin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2007 09:49
The soundtracks are just...GAH! They really are inspirational, and each CD brings it's own vision of Middle-Earth with it... :heart:
My faves? Breaking of the Fellowship (FotR), End of all Things (RotK), Minas Tirth (RotK) and Pippin's song! Billy has the most beautiful voice...
Sambart
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 06:58
Mine are....

FOTK: The Bridge Of Khazad Dum, Concerning Hobbits, Breaking of the Fellowship, Lothlorien, May It Be and Many Meetings

TTT: The Rider of Rohan, Helm's Deep, Evenstar and Gollum's Song

ROTK: The Steward of Gondor, Minas Morgul, The Ride of the Rohirrim, The Fields of PelennorThe End of All Things, The Return of the King and Into The West.

They are three amaxing soundtracks. No other soundtracks could beat these, ever I think. Howard Shore (and Tolkien) are Genius'!
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 09:19
If you plan to order RotK: The Complete Recordings from Amazon.com, you can click through from an item in our CoE store. We get partial credit (i.e. money) if you do that, even if it's not an item in our store. If it is an item in our store, We get even more money (since it's a direct link).

Every little bit that helps support the site is appreciated.

[Edited on 25/11/2007 by LinweSingollo]
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email