<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
Post RE: The soundtracks! FotR, TTT, & ROTK
on: November 21, 2007 06:33
One word to describe the ROTK: The Complete Recordings....AWESOME!!! :disco:

I've been listening to it most of the evening and there is music there that will give you goosebumps. Osgiliath Invaded is what I'm listening to now and it's excellent...:love:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 21, 2007 07:08
You got yours already????????????????????? Oh wow! And I just know it's worth the wait, isn't it?

Holding my breath for my copy to arrive. Hurry Hurry Hurry!!!!!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 10:21
:cry: :cry: I ordered my RotK recordings as soon as they came on the market, and Amazon told me I'd probably not get them in time for Christmas. That was OK. I could wait. ...

Yesterday I had an email from Amazon saying they were unable to supply them and my order was cancelled. I checked their site and they have only two used copies at (brace yourselves) ... 123GBP each.

What has gone wrong?
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 06:54
That's disturbing, cirdaneth. I've heard of this problem on other sites. I'll keep an ear open for any developing news...
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 07:54
According to news on theonering.net, there was a report from someone of a faulty disc or something and amazon excused for such error. And if I'm not mistaken, after a couple of days someone else reported such an error.

Article links:-
ROTK Complete Recordings Snafued with Tech Issues? - http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2007/12/11/28131-rotk-complete-recordings-snafued-with-tech-issues/

More ‘ROTK: Complete Recordings’ Problems? - http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2007/12/26/28191-more-rotk-complete-recordings-problems/

Thanks,
Ilandir
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 08:13
Thanks so much for those links, llandir. I haven't noticed any problems with my recordings. Not yet, anyway. There's going to be a loooot of frustrated fans if the tech problems aren't cleared up soon.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Captain_Abigail
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 10:41
Soundtracks are incredibly beautiful! Just wonderful! My favorite song is Breaking of the Fellowship. This gotta one of the best songs ever. I also like Evenstar, May it Be and Isengard Unleashed very much! The last parade of the ents gives shivers down my spine :heart:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 01:22
On a Dutch forum I read something about the European distribution of the Complete Recordings for the ROTK going up in smoke, literally... the factory in Europe that was supposed to distribute them got burned down, even the first shipment had to come from the US and it was sold out immediatly, now the US-plant is doing overtime to supply practically the world on its own. No idea if it's true but fact is: impossible to get it around here, and I've been waiting for it and running to stores for months :cry: .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 08:06
Thanks for that update, gondo. That's awful! My deepest sympathies for our European fans. :hug: I sure hope they can get it distributed to everyone soon!
Gladhon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 05:45
I bought the RotK Extended Score on iTunes. It's gorgeous. I'll never understand why they didn't include the entire score of the Charge of the Rohirrim. That was almost my favorite part of the movie and the score.
Katiya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 03:02
I guess I haven't listened to that part closely enough...That was my fav part of the score too, I don't understand why they would cut stuff out of what's supposed to be the COMPLETE recordings...bah humbug, that's retarded.
deuruk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 11:09
Hello guys! I heard TT and ROTK and they are great! But I cant find first part! Can someone help me? Where to download it or if anyone has it to send it to my mail
Arlea
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2008 12:27
If you want to listen to any of the regular LOTR soundtrack recordings, you can always check your libary for them. Thats what I do...

:heart::heart::heart:I LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:heart::heart::heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2008 08:46
i love the flute/shire theme parts in the first, and in the second i love the rohirrim theme and the violin parts. violins, played like that, are so sad and haunting.......am i the only one who loves them?? tell me!:love::love::drool:

totally agreed love the violins (..maybe because i play it myself)
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 14, 2008 05:54
... so Amazon are still asking 125 GBP for the RotK boxed set! Why wy why?????
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 19, 2008 08:41
I got the RotK Complete Recordings (I have all 3) - and gosh, I fell in love with Bilbo's Song! It is beautiful beyond words! :love:
Maelstronnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2008 04:21
I like the Breaking of the Fellowship/ In Dreams, May It Be, Into the West, Helm's Deep, Lothlorien and Twilight and Shadow... need to go find RotK Complete Recordings. Why didn't they just put them with the soundtracks?
Laura_Lothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2008 03:02
I love the soundtracks!!!!:love: When I heard we were playing IN Dreams, May it Be, and Into the West for orchestra, I think I just about had a heart attack!!
~phoenix~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2008 10:42
ahhh the LOTR soundtrack, iv lost count of the amount of time that i have fallen asleep to it whilst listening on my iPod. i adore may it be and lothlorien, i love The Ride of the Rohirrim,The King of the Golden Hall, Breath of Life, Forth Eorlingas and Isengard Unleashed, Minas Tirith, The White Tree, The Fields of Pellenor (why havent they included the whole bit at the beginning of the charge when Theoden is rallying his army 'cos i love that bit it always makes me cry), and Into the West is just a really beautiful way to end the trilogy 'cos Annie Lennox has a mesmorising voice.
my compliments to Howard Shore for creating Middle Earth in music
Orontië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2008 03:00
I fell asleep last time i listend to it.
Its soooo amazing i cant describe it.
I love the steward of gondor when pippin starts to sing.
And King of the golden hall really gets that Rohan fibe dont you think?
SarumanTheWise
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2008 04:53
definitely the best movie soundtracks ever. my personal fave tracks are

concerning hobbits
the breaking of the fellowship

in the extended ROTK there's a beautiful song during "The Houses of Healing" but i don't know the name of it, nor is it on the regular soundtrack.
STLSymphony
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 04:54
I love the white rider!
the_argonath
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2008 10:22
I'm so glad to read all these posts & find people who are as in love with the scores as I am! You can feel the veins of the story runing through each track, and there aren't many songs/scores that have the power to send goose bumps through me and make me all fuzzy inside
I'm currently in France at the mo. & for some reason I forgot my CR CD's & I'm dying to go home & devour them all! Thank God for youtube right now is all I can say because I get at least a little fix/taste before I go home in 2 days & can listen properly to Shore's masterpieces.
Long live the LotR (& hopefully the Hobbit) scores!!!!
DaugtherOfThranduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2008 04:31
I absolutely love the soundtracks, they are so Awesome and the songs are beautiful i love a couple tracks on the soundtracks cuz their my favorite
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 03, 2008 05:33
I'm so glad to read all these posts & find people who are as in love with the scores as I am! You can feel the veins of the story runing through each track, and there aren't many songs/scores that have the power to send goose bumps through me and make me all fuzzy inside

wow, you described my feelings exactly. i especially love the Elvish sung. that just almost puts me in a "trance".
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 07, 2008 06:14
I got the RotK Complete Recordings (I have all 3) - and gosh, I fell in love with Bilbo's Song! It is beautiful beyond words! :love:

Does anyone know how I can get the complete recordings?

in the extended ROTK there's a beautiful song during "The Houses of Healing" but i don't know the name of it, nor is it on the regular soundtrack.

That song is actually sung by Liv Tyler! She did a beautiful job. But I don't know how to get it.....I suppose it is included in the complete soundtrack.

[Edited on 11/8/2008 by NellasTaralom]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 11:08
shucks. now i wish i had the complete recordings!! :cry:
isis1037
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2009 11:01
I have all three CDs and love them all........But what can you expect from Howard Shore, but the best!
Elrayen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2009 12:30
I have them too! They are practically all I listen too, AND I have the elveish, dwarvifh and black speech lyrics WITH translations!! the music is just soo beautiful! some are haunting whilst others make me feel as though I can do anyhting! and the ones at teh ROTK reduce me to tears lol. I really want that beautiful song Arwen/Liv sings during the HoH in ROTK EE - it's just breathtakingly beautiful.
Thank-you Howard Shore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 9/4/2009 by Elrayen]
legolaslover7
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 04:31
My two favorite songs throughout the ENTIRE trilogy are Minas Tirith and The Riders of Rohan. They are AWSOME!!
lotrfanatik
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 08:07
Minas Tirith is great, though my personal favourite is Arwen's song preformed by Enya. Her voice is just beautiful and the music is... wow.

Any one seen/heard the CD "At Dawn in Rivendell"? Where Christopher Lee, Rhys-Davies and other cast members (as well as some professional singers) sing and recite some of the poems from the books?

And yeah, Howard Shore did an amazing job on the soundtrack itself. While you're listening to it, you almost feel like you're there. :disco:
Calil_Gadien96
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2009 03:54
I LOVE the soundtrack. my family and friends think it is strange that i can listen to the first 5 seconds of most songs and tell them exactly who, what, when, were, and why things are happening in the movies. my favorite songs, the ones that make me giggle like mad are: At the Sign of the Prancing Pony, A Knife in the Dark, Helms Deep, the Hornburg, Minas Tirith, and The White Tree.
They make me grin, and have this evilish look on my face, because either some one is coming to the rescue, or i just love the music.

[Edited on 3/10/2009 by Calil_Gadien96]
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2009 03:18
I love the Lord of the Rings soundtrack and I own all three original ones plus a few extended songs from ROTK. Since I cannot narrow my favorites down to just a few, I'll state my favorites from each soundtrack.

FOTR-

The Prophesy
The Shadow of the Past
The Black Rider
At the Sign of the Prancing Pony
A Journey in the Dark
The Bridge of Khazad Dum
Lothlorien

TT-

Foundations of Stone
The King of the Golden Hall
Evenstar
The Leave Taking
Helm's Deep
The Forbidden Pool
Breath of Life
Isengard Unleashed
Gollum's Song

ROTK-

The Grace of Undomiel
Osgiliath Invaded
The Sacrifice of Faramir
The Siege of Gondor
The White Tree
Minas Morgul
Arwen's Song
The End of All Things
The Grey Havens
Into The West
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2009 12:41
I play piano and i have all three movie music books, and i like to fiddle around with my keyboard- all the different instuments on it- to make it sound just like the movie! I love all the soundtracks too!
Magiforyou
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2009 12:07
The soundtrack is totally awesome in all three movies ! And pippins song is the most beautiful song EVER ... i could watch the movies like a hundred times but still love them .. :heart:
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email