Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Falling Doom
on: March 29, 2007 03:39
Hithgalad rode back to the family with Cerilyn. He felt sorry for their loss, but he did not know what he could do. He hoped that no others would catch this plague, but he doubted it. Riding swiftly he finally managed to find their trail. It had wavered slightly until it came to a house.

It was empty, and even from here Hithgalad could smell the plague's deadly grasp still lingering about the doors. He fixed his face into a perfect mask and got off his horse. Helping Cerilyn down as well.

He opened the door cautiously, and saw the others there.

"We will be staying here this night?" He asked Sirioldad.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 02:11
When her feet were back on the ground, Cerilyn thanked Hithgalad for his help. She had not assumed that the house was so far from everything else, and could easily have missed it by going only a little further north.

While Mearu was talking to the children that now lived in her aunt's house, Cerilyn used the time to look for a well. After some time spent searching, the girl found it at last hidden behind a huge tree not too far from the house. She lowered the bucket, and pulled it up again.

After drinking, Ceri returned to the house finding everyone in the kitchen, sitting around the table in silence. Unsure of what to do, the girl sat down next to Mearu and folded her hands.

"And which road are we to follow now?" She spoke carefully.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 11:06
Mearu looked at her, she was afraid. They couldn't do too much traveling with her Papa in bad condition.
"This is the safest place to stay and the farthest from the town. I don't think there is anywhere else we could go." Mearu said.

Hlehhan sat quietly in her lap, his eyes were wide as he stared around. He was scared and didn't know what to think, he wasn't really sure what was happening. All he knew was that they were suddenly taken from their house and Mama and the others didn't come.

Hydre was laying on the floor of the room, he was feeling better, but was not strong enough to walk around.
He could hear the conversation but was too weary to engage in it.
Then he heard little Mearu, she sounded scared of making a decision, then he tried to sit up.

"You do not need the burden of the decision making Mearu. Leave that to me, or the Elves." Hydre said.
Then he looked at the Elves. "I am feeling stronger and I believe that I can start walking. If you feel that it is too risky to stay here than we must move. I know that Elves are more alert than Men." Hydre said. He waited for one of the Elves to reply.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 05:06
Hithgalad looked over at Hydre. He contemplated their situation that they were in.

"We should not move just yet. Let us wait for dawn, the children are tired, they need some sleep if nothing else." He looked at Sirioldad, "What do you think? You have more experiance in battle, I should think." He said quietly, so as not to frighten the children.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 01:37
"I shall take night watch and be observant of every detail tonight while the rest of you sleep. YOu need it and I am used to battle and keeping watch for enemies. WE shall stay the night here, lest we be attacked while moving at a sluggish pace with so many tired beings with us."

Sirioldad nodded firmly and then went outside, climbing swiftly up into a very tall tree so he might see the enemy coming long before they were aware of anyone in the viscinity. He stroked the hilt of his sword, waiting and watching. HE knew that orcs prefer moving at night and would cover great distances if they were not tired out by the tiem they reached their destination. He hummed a bit, then stopped and focused on the vigil he was keeping for his companions.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 09:28
To all this Cerilyn simply nodded and left the room without a word. She knew that Mearu probably could use some company, but she did not want to talk to everyone right now. Exhausted as she was, the girl grabbed a blanket from the closest room, and went out into the yard. She had spent most of her later nights under the covers of the stars, and began to prefer it that way.

Folding the blanket once, the girl lay it down into the high grass a short walk away from the house. She crawled under the top layer, and wrapped it around herself. Before closing her eyes, the girl took one last look on the surroundings to be sure she was alone. Soon, she fell asleep.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 10:26
Mearu saw Ceri leave and at first she wanted to follow but then stopped, she found a warm space to curl up and she soon fell asleep.
Hlehhan saw her walk away and fall asleep and he trailed after her and laid down next to her, exhaustion was taking it's toll on the little boy.

Mearu found that she awoke before dawn though. She saw Hlehhan was sleeping soundly and her Papa seemed to sleeping well, although he would cough every once in a while.

Mearu stood up and walked outside, she saw Ceri was still sleeping and she walked over and sat down next to her, wrapping herself in the blanket she had.
"I hope someday I'll be able to sleep without worry." Mearu whispered sadly.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 11:09
"So do I." Cerilyn opened her eyes. She had awoken when Mearu sat down next to her. She sat up slowly, and looked around. It wasn't dawn yet, but couldn't be far from it.

"I am hungry," the girl spoke gazing into the distance. "Are you? We could go and make breakfast. Something hot would be nice."

Looking down at Mearu, Cerilyn smiled. She felt this girl was her little sister, or at least something similar.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 12:16
Mearu then realized how hungry she was. She stood up.
"Yes, let's make a nice hot breakfast. I haven't had one since we left home." Mearu said.

When they went inside Mearu saw Hlehhan still asleep in the corner, Papa was still asleep, but Hithgalad was not, of course.
Mearu walked over to the Elf. "We want to make some breakfast Hithgalad. Will we be able to make a fire in the stove?" Mearu asked. She asked only because she wondered if the orcs would smell the smoke and then find them and attack.

Suddenly Hlehhan woke and stood up and began crying.
He clutched Mearu's ragged skirt. He looked up at Mearu with his tear streaked rosy face.
"Mearu, I'm hungry. My stomach hurts." Hlehhan said, then he wiped his eyes with his little fist.

Mearu bent over and kissed his head. "We'll eat soon Hlehhan, don't worry." Mearu assured him.
Then she looked back at Hithgalad, waiting for an answer.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2007 05:10
Hithgalad smiled at the children, "We can use the stove if we are careful. Don't worry, we'll make you a good breakfast." Hithgalad rose to his feet and walked over to the stove.

He quickly went outside, where he found a wood pile. The poeple living here had obviously died before they could use it all. He collected it and then went back into the house. He placed some of the wood into the stove and took his tinder and flint out and struck up a flame.

He quickly searched about the house and found some pots and pans. He took his own food supply from his sack and started to cook the dried meat into a stew with some vegetables that he found in the pantry.

When that was made up he took some bowls out of one of the cubbords and poured some soup into each. He then gave one to each of the children, walked outside and handed one to Sirilodad, and took one for himself.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 12:27
The smell of the soup made Ceri even hungrier than she was before. Finding a spoon in a cup for such on the other side of the kitchen, the girl practically swallowed it all without chewing. When finished, she leaned onto the wall behind the bench she was sitting on, and looked at the other children.

She did not know what to say to cheer them up, so she kept quiet for the whole time they ate.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2007 06:39
Mearu ate quickly, her hunger began to disolve with each bite.
"This is very good, thank you." Mearu said with a smile.
Hlehhan ended up with stew all over his face and Mearu had to wash it.

Mearu had saved some of her stew for her father. She walked over and sat beside him.
"Father, I have some very good stew for you." Mearu said.
She carefully spooned the stew into his mouth.

Hydre realized then that he was hungry. When he had finished all the stew he smiled at Mearu.
"Thank you Mearu." Hydre said.
Mearu smiled back. "I couldn't let you starve." She said.

Then Mearu began to wonder what they would do when the sun came up. Would they leave?
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2007 12:11
It was a very simple stew, he was glad that he had learned to cook else it would have been awful. Hithgalad quietly sat there, watching the fading stars and the upcoming dawn.

We shall leave just after first light, let us cover as much distance as we can before it is to late. Where is that blasted young elf? He should have come in by now. He thought, Hithgalad was not going ot chase after him, so he would wait until later on.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 02:54
Sirioldad was thinking about his sister and when she had really met their father. She had stared at Sirioldad, then looked at the man that was her father and she had turned and walked away. He had nearly laughed out loud on the Grinding Ice when his father stood, too shocked to move.

His thoughts then turned to his mother and when she had been taken in these lands, it made him feel empty. He shook his head, trying to clear it of memories and thoughts that were dark and unwelcome. HE turned his attention instead to his company and where they were right now, for he had no doubt that they all survived the ambush, for he had trained them personally at the command from his lord.

HE lookied arounds and noticed that much had changed in the hours he sat there, he thought he had sat there for two hours at most. He smiled and jumped down lightly, landing without sound on the ground. HE walked to the house and stood in the doorway, leaning casually against it.

"IF anyone shall wish to take the watch now, you may. Else I will continue and watch the horizon vigorously for enemies. If a being takes the watch, then I am taking a walk to stretch my cramped up muscles," he said dryly.

Sirioldad added a stretch at the end of his say, his arms being outside were able to stretch fully, whereas if he were in the house, they would have been stopped because of the ceiling. HE looked at each face, studying it, seeing who they were based on their eyes. His lingered on Hithgalad, taking in his face the most.

HE remembered it from that dread day in Valinor, on the shores when he came to talk with Trevadir while he, Thoroniel and Naira talked on the beach. HE walked over to Hithgalad and stood before him.

"I know not if you remember, but do I look familiar to you in any way? I was curious since your face jumped out at me in my memory," he said cooly.

His face was normal, hard as usual and his eyes were hard as stone. He always looked like this since then, it could not be helped for that was how he felt, eveeryday of his life.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 04:35
Hithgalad looked at him curiously, met him before? Had he? Hithgalad searched his memories, dating back ages, he did recall a face...from a time just before the kinslaying. Hithgalad immediately was on his guard.

Though he gave no outward appearance he had preparred himself to fight if Sirioldad decided to attack him. Hithgalad remembered him alright. Hithgalad had fought with his people, his kin.

"I do seem to have a recollection of you...on Valinor. But I fail to see the significance of it." A bluff, hopefully Sirilodad would have forgotten the things he had done. But then again, perhaps he did remember.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 06:03
Sirioldad sensed that Hithgalad had tensed when he mentioned this and he bowed slightly to him. "Forgive me Hithgalad, I did not mean to put you ill at ease. I only wondered if you remebered me as I did you, and my sister as well. She asked of you on occassion and I only wanted to see if you remebered me. I am sorry if I disturbed you in any way," he said polietely and with another bow Sirioldad walked out of the house, once again taking watch duty.

HE sat on the highest branch of the massive tree and looked at the birds flying to and fro through the sky. He smiled at the thought of his sister and returning to her in the caves and to his lord, Finrod. He smiled and sat there, oblivious to all else around him and his thoughts turned to his father. His whole face darkened and he clenched his hands into tightly balled fists. HE gritted his teeth as he thought of his father and what he had done to him and his sister.

Taken their lives, as well as others, lied to them, threatened Throoniel, the list went on for much time, so he stopped and tried to calm himself. HE soon found himself listening to the birds and trees speak with each other. The birds were happy and chirping away, ignoring all else around them. He sat in his armour and cloak, refusing to take them off.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 10:01
Mearu had overheard the elves conversation. They had both seemed to know each other years ago, and now she was curious. Mearu always got in trouble when she was curious but she couldn't help herself.

She stepped out and looked at the Elves. "Can you tell me what happened? I'm curious about what you two were talking about. Is Valinor the place where elves live?" Mearu asked.
Then she looked back in to see if Hlehhan was alright and he seemed to be playing with Ceri.

Then she paused. "If you don't want to answer my questions you don't have to. Everyone says I'm far too curious." Mearu said, she stared at the ground.
Sana
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 10:47
When Hlehhan tired of playing with her, Cerilyn followed him to the other children that lived in the house. Obviously pleased with this outcome, the boy started playing with them, giving Ceri a chance to join the grow-ups and Mearu.

She had never been one to ask questions, but hearing the answers to those already asked was quite bearable.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 12:31
Hithgalad sighed as Sirilodad left him. He was ashamed of the things he had done then. He had murdered his own kin, and for what? Nothing. He did not wish to remember that time, nor did he wish for any other to remember it. He did remember Sirilodad's sister, albiet vaugly. He had long since pushed all memories of this out of his mind.

"Can you tell me what happened? I'm curious about what you two were talking about. Is Valinor the place where elves live?"

He looked at Mearu with dark but calming eyes, "Yes, Valinor is the home of the elves. Sirilodad and I met there in the first age of the world. There is not much else to say." At least not that he wanted to say aloud.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email