Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Burning Tears
on: May 17, 2007 07:41
Thoroniel sat there, listening to Hithgalad. Her food sat untouched by her side. She looked around the room and then back at Ithgalad.

"Hithgalad, I think I shall go with you. I have been away from Siri for long enough and I would like be with my brother once again," she said softly.

She took a bite of the stew, chewing its contents slowly. She ate it slowly, then she got up and put her things together. She placed her cloak and her dress in the bag she had. She sat that down by her side and looked out the window, staring at the dreay landscape. "Ai, tis so depressing and sad looking out there. it makes me feel so, hopeless," she whispered to herself. She shook herslef out of the trance like state she was in.
Sirioldad looked at Maedhros, unsure of what he was talking about. "What do mean by that my lord? my sister stayed with Hithgalad to take care of him since she was the better healer, we decided on it. Did something happen to her?," he asked, his face paling and his face filled with worry.

He suddenly felt as if someone had dropped a large boulder on his shoulders. He looked at Maedhros, his bright green eyes filled with worry and concern for his sister.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 08:09
Naira nodded sadly. "I will miss you, so will Trevadir. I suppose we will stay here until he is well, then set to traveling." Naira said sadly, she hated being seperated from everyone she knew.

Naira's eyes stared down at the floor. She felt afraid, no one would be around, she would have to take care of Trevadir by herself.

Then she looked up and smiled at Hithgalad, she placed her hand on his cheek. "You had better leave now, if you are to catch up with Feanor. I'm sure they will stop for night, please go." Naira said. Tears watered in her eyes, but she wanted him to go.

"Nir tol erin baded lin." Naira whispered. Her bright eyes looking deeper than ever. Then her hand dropped from Hithgalad's cheek and she walked over and embraced Thoroniel.

"We will meet again soon. Navaer mellon nin." Naira said sadly.
Then she assumed her position beside Trevadir, he was now asleep. "I'll tell him where you went. Be strong friends, the road is getting more dangerous now." Naira said.

When they had left Trevadir woke. He looked around and saw tears in her eyes.
"Where is Hithgalad?" He asked. Naira sighed sadly.
"They had to go back and follow Feanor. We'll see them again soon Trevadir." Naira said, she stroked his forehead.

Trevadir looked away. "I don't think we will." He whispered.
Naira stood and stared down at him.
"Stop talking like that! I only have a small strand of hope left, and you wish to break all that keeps me alive! Just stop Trevadir!" Naira shouted. Then she stormed out of the room and went outside to cry and think alone.

Trevadir sighed. He hadn't meant to hurt her feelings.
"Ai, it will be good once we reach the land of our kin. Surely they cannot be too far." Trevadir said.
Cirya peeked in the room and then stepped in.

"Do you wish to find Menegroth?" He asked, still as bright as ever.
Trevadir remembered hearing that name before, that was the great kingdom of Melian and King Thingol.
Trevadir nodded. "That would be a good destination." He said.
"I can take you there. I've been there a few times before." Cirya said with a smile.

Trevadir smiled back. "Good lad, then we will prepare to leave as soon as I can move without pain. And Cirya, will you go and see if Naira is alright." Trevadir said.
Cirya nodded and walked out of the room.

translation- A tear comes on your going.

[Edited on 17/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 10:39
"Hithgalad, I think I shall go with you. I have been away from Siri for long enough and I would like be with my brother once again,"

Hithgalad nodded, "That makes for good hearing." He said equally as quietly.

He looked to Naira, feeling a great sadness welling in his heart. When she smiled, and placed a hand upon his cheek he could not look her in the eye. He could only nod at her words, for they were true.

"Nir tol erin baded lin."

He looked then into her eyes and saw that this was true. He felt tears of his own in his eyes, but he pushed them back. he had to be strong, he had to show them that he had hope.

"We will find you again. Somehow, and under better circumstances I should think. It would be nice at any rate." He said with a sad smile.

He then gathered up the few things given to them and set off with Thoroniel. For a while he said nothing, but he paused after a while and looked back at the house. You could not see it, but Hithgalad knew it was there. Indeed, it was now he wondered if he had made the right decision.

"Will we ever see them again?" He asked no one in particular.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 03:26
Naira came back into the room after a while, she had wiped her tears but her eyes were red, showing she had cried a lot.
Trevadir sat up slowly, grimacing a little. He beckoned Naira to come over and she sat beside him and he embraced his sister.

"Don't worry Naira, Cirya said he would take us to Menegroth, the kingdom of Queen Melian and King Thingol. We will have peace there." Trevadir whispered.

Naira sat back. "But what about Hithgalad and the others? I want to find them again." She said.
"I know, I wish it could be that way as well, but we have to go our way, and they have to go their way. It would seem that kin cannot be together anymore dear sister." Trevadir said, he sounded sad.

Naira stood and shook her head. "No, we will be together." Naira protested.
Trevadir grabbed her arm and made her sit down.
"Naira, you need to lsiten to reason. If we go to find them it might end in death this time, for both of us. I was lucky last time, but I doubt I could live through another." Trevadir said.

Naira began to weep again, this whole journey was hard on Naira. Trevadir pulled her into another embrace and held her there as she wept.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 05:00
"What do mean by that my lord? my sister stayed with Hithgalad to take care of him since she was the better healer, we decided on it. Did something happen to her?."

Maedhros winced inwardly, suddenly realizing how little he actualy did know about Siriolad's sister. He had left before he known for sure that they were safe. He looked into the elf's green eyes; a deep green that shone with love and worry for his sister.

"No, nothing had harmed her when I left; but it has grown so cold. She was well when I left, as were those with whom she stayed, but I cannot be sure of how she fares now.” He lowered his head and whispered, “Many things have changed, not one for the better.”

For a while he just sat there, trying not to think of the future. Trying not to imagine what thoughts were going through Siriolad’s head.

Was he regretting his decision to leave his sister?

Quickly he blocked the thought; it was none of his business what the elf felt. Suddenly he had no wish to know why Siriolad was here and not with the people who cared for him. It was enough that he was here.

“Come, my friend. Tomorrow we go to battle, tonight let us be merry.” He began to sing a ridiculous song Fingolfin taught him, about and maiden who went to by a chemise and found it full of fleas.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 05:31
(everyone, please check the ooc if you have not already. Thank you)

Feanor continued to make them move the next day. Lake Mithrim was before them, they would set up camp there.
Feanor smiled, he knew they were close to the enemy now.

When they arrived Feanor called to everyone. "Make camp here! We shall rest and see what the day brings!" Feanor shouted.

The elves began to set up their tents and other things, but before the camp was fully wrought, there was an attack by Morgoth's beings.

Feanor smiled evilly, at last they had shown themselves.
His sword shone in the night sky, it ripped through the flesh of the creatures. And although the Noldor were greatly outnumbered, they were so fierce that the creatures began to tremble.

"Fight Noldor! Send them back to their maker!" Feanor shouted. The light in his eyes shone brightly like a flame. Nothing would stop him now, nothing would keep him from destroying anything Morgoth sent at him.
-------
Trevadir gathered his things. He was preparing to go to Menegroth. He knew Naira would protest, but they needed to find a home somewhere.

Naira walked into the room and gasped. "Trevadir, you get back in bed this instant!" Naira scolded.
"No Naira. We have to get to Menegroth. That will be our home." Trevadir said.

Naira folded her arms across her chest. "You are not ready to leave." Naira said firmly. Trevadir smirked. "We can't stay here forever. Cirya has offered to guide us there. Come sister, I miss being among my kin." Trevadir said.

Naira paused for a moment, then nodded. "If you think you will be alright." Naira said. Then she gathered her few things and they went out to find Cirya.

Cirya smiled when he saw them. "Are you then?" He asked.
They both nodded. "Alright, just follow me. I'm afraid we have no horses, but walking won't hurt us." Cirya said with a smile.

Trevadir and Naira began their second part of the journey, finding home again.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 06:06
Hithgalad had walked with Thoroniel for many leagues. His feet were weary, and his eyes shut a little more with each passing moment. He was not yet fully recovered from his bout of cold.

He knew that he was moving faster then the Noldor had been, for he came upon their tracks quite easily and saw that they were fresh. Eventually he came to Lake Mithrim, and he saw their camps. Breathing a sigh of relief he wandered to the edge of the camp and sat upon a fallen tree, taking the pack off of his shoulder.

But he heard a sound in the woods, and he retreated towards the camp as he saw servents of Morgoth emerge from the trees. Drawing his fine sword he stood tall and proud, though he was weary.

He waited for the first to charge at him and he snarled in anger, swinging his blade in a graceful arc, cutting one from belly to throat. It fell screaming in agony, but Hithgalad was already on the move, cutting his way through the fray of foul creatures.

Anger that he had felt during the kinslaying was rekindled to a deadly blaze. The evil he cut down beneath his blade made his heart beat hard against his chest with the thirst for more blood.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 12:04
Thoroniel looked on and she ran to Hithgalad's side, wishing to fight by a friend. "I am her Hithgalad, I shall fight at your back and at your side as well friend," she said hurriedly, slicing through an orc.

THe creatures were like none she had seen adn they frightened her horribly. She shuddered when one grabbed her arm and she froze, scared of it. The creature sneered into her face but he fell over, an arrow sticking out of his back. She looked up, shaking slightly. Sirioldad held his bow and had just shot another orc. HE looked over at Thoroniel reassuringly and then continued to fight. She stiffened and swung her sword around in a wide arc, cutting an orc down.

She sliced him in half at his midsection and she watched his top half fall. She turned but an orc caught her right in the mouth with his faling fist, splitting her lip and cutting her cheek as well. She cursed and sliced at him, catching him in the back and side. He fell and she continued fighting with Hithgalad, not allowing the orcs to drive her from her friend. Sirioldad was busy fending off seven orcs who thought they had the upper hand.

He put his bow back ont ohis back and unsheathed his scword, swinging it around as he did so. THree of them fell in the movement and with a few more strokes he had killed them. He looked around, searchnig for sight of Hithgalad and Thoroniel. He saw them fighting together and he focused on the battle, knowing they could take care of themselves. He fought on with fury and still keeping his head level, despite the hate he felt burn in him for these hideous creatures.

Sirioldad spun around and barely missed an orc blade meant for his head. He looked mildly suprised at the blade as it passed, then swung his sword around, bringing it down on the unlucky creature's head. Thoroniel's hair had some loose and hung abour her in a red, blood staiend curtain. Most of the blood was black, but some was the bright red of the Elves. She gasped and looked down, seeing an arrow sticking out of her leg. It was deep and she could not pull it out. griting her teeth, she pulled hard and watched the arrow slide out slowly.

She grit her teeth and kept fighting, once she had wrapped a piece of cloth around it as a makeshift bandage. She cut down another orc and swung around, hitting another on the head, cracking his helm.

[Edited on 22/5/2007 by Elfalas]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 01:01
Hithgalad was glad for Thoroniel's company, but he could do little to show it. Indeed, he could barely see through the throng of orcs that came forth. How many had he cut down? How many were still to come?

Indeed, days passed, and yet still more days. Hithgalad was always weary, it seemed to him. His arms were leaden, and his breath ragged. The few chances he got to rest were indeed few in number, and shorter in length.

Still he fought on...and on...and on, no dawn seemed to be coming for the Noldor.

Hithgalad stumbled, his left leg giving out beneath him, still on his knees he fought, in desperation, in anguish. How many bruises, cuts, wounds, had he earned? He had lost track.

Then suddenly a light filled the sky. Was it the dawn? He looked up and saw in horror that it was not. Shadows, wreathed in flames, of terrifying height and stature. For a moment, Hithgalad's heart faltered, and he cried out in sheer terror.

"Balrogs! Balrogs!"

[Edited on 21/5/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 07:57
Feanor turned, and smiled at the foes who had come.
"Send your best Morgoth, but we will not falter!" Feanor shouted as he became surrounded by the beasts.

Feanor fought hard, not surrendering, but soon he became engulfed in their flame. Still he fought, like a madman.
-----
As Trevadir and Naira were being led by Cirya they saw a great light, but it was not a fire, for shadows deeper than anything came with the flame.

Trevadir squinted and could see the beasts were nothing they had ever seen, but creatures made by Morgoth, and attacking the Noldor.

"I must go and aid them! Cirya, take Naira to...." Trevadir started.
"No you don't! You just recovered. If you wish to watch it will be from afar." Naira said firmly.

Trevadir knew she was right, he would never be able to fight those massive creatures. He began to weep, worrying for his friends.

"We had best continue on our way. If those creatures are lingering nearby we might not be able to reach Menegroth, if we don't hurry." Cirya said.

Trevadir agreed and they followed him again.
-------
With a fiery blow, Feanor was pounded to the ground, waiting for the death blow that he knew he would receive.
But how could he lose? A fire still burned in his eyes, but the wounds he had received were too grave.

(Maedhros and Maglor and the rest of his sons are the ones that retrieve Feanor, just so you guys know.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 09:32
Sirioldad looked up in sheer horror, his face a mask of fear, confusion, and hate. He sighed and fought continually, looking aronud for any signs of Thoroniel. She had long since given up hope and she was tired. She stumbled to the ground, using her sword as an anchor to get back up. She stood and sliced another orc. She heard Hithgalad's cry adn she looked up, her face gonig blank and her eyes wide with fear. Her leg had stopped bleeding days ago, but it still hurt her some.

She gave a small cry of suprise when she saw the creatures. Her amrs were heavy and her legs ddi not want to move. All she wanted to do was sleep and not wake up for a long while, if ever. She groaned in pain of having to move and fought her way to Hithgalad. She could see all the Elves were cut, battered, bruised, and wounded. She arched her back, stretchnig out the tense and stiff muscles to get them moving again. She grabbed her sword and soon was at Hithgalad's side once again. She looked over at him, seeing a small lull in the fighting.

"my friend, what of these new creatures? How shall we dispell these of fire and shadow? They are strong, I see this, but we are also weak from such continuous battle as we have had to endure, what are we to do?," she asked him, sparing a look his way.

She sliced through another orc, seeing it come around her side with it's blade raised. She cut another down, watchnig him fall with some feeling satisfaction yet regret to kill another being. HEr feelings stopped when she watched a Noldor be cut down by an orc. She sliced it and kept fighting, staying at Hithgalad's side. Sirioldad sliced another orc and saw a balrong pass of at his right, He cowered back and then ran off to fight with Hithgalad and Thoroniel. He came to them and fought a their sides.

[Edited on 22/5/2007 by Elfalas]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 10:12
Hithgalad fought on, desperate to end the battle. When he heard Thoroniel's question he had to ask it himself. How were these hideous creatures to be destroyed? He did not know. Nor did he think that many hear would ahve the strength to even attempt to damage the balrogs.

He kept to her side, and spoke through the cuts of his blade, "I know not...they are far to powerful...to evil for us to defeat in the condition we are in. We must weather them out, and hope for the best...forgive me if I sound the coward...quite frankly against them, I'd prefer to be a coward."

He stammered this, his exaustion getting the better hold of him. he wasn't even fully aware of the words he had spoken.

"Thoroniel, we have to get out of here!" He said desperately, it is to dangerous."
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 11:28
Maglor twisted his sword enought to block a violent blow from one of the beastly creatures attacking him. the force of the attack caused his grip to loseten and forced him into a battle of stength rather than skill. other enemies swiled around him, and he had no doubt that one of them would be delighted to dispatch him.

Suddenly the creature gurgled and fell away. Meadhros seemed to dance on spot, as he alway did when arngry. dark blood matted his hair.

"Come." He demanded shortly, shouting over the din of battle. Maglor followed him as best he could, but the foul creatures were so numerous that that he often felt him self going backwards wrather than forwards. There was a sharp pain in him arm, Maglor looked down to see that it was oozing blood.

Flames littered the battle ground and the scent of ash mingled with the sickly sweet smell of elf blood. Over the tumalt the brothers heard a great shout. Their father.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 01:15
after the beast had beaten Feanor down they raised their weapons and flame to destroy him, but were driven away by the sons of Feanor.

Then Feanor was raised up by his sons and carried back towards the camp. The orcs had finally been driven away and death reeked in the camp.

As they began to come to the camp Feanor bade his sons to halt, his time was come.
AS Feanor was laid down again he cursed Morgoth thrice, then looked at his sons.

"You must keep to your oaths, and avenge your father for what has happened. Do this for me, my sons." Feanor said.
With those final words Feanor died, and his flame burned through his body and turned his body into ash, and his spirit sped away to the Halls of Mandos like smoke.
------
Trevadir and Naira were keeping up a fast pace, worried that the fiery beast might try to come and attack other areas, but it was not so.

As Trevadir watched he heard a loud cry and saw the balrogs leave. Something wasn't right.
"Naira, the creatures are leaving, we must go and see if our friends survived." Trevadir said.

Naira wasn't sure this was a good idea, but went with him, and Cirya also.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 02:35
He did not get the chance to do anything...the orcs were dead, the balrogs had left. But why? Hithgalad shivered and let himself fall to his knees in exaustion and simple reliefe. He wiped a gloved hand against his sweaty brow, his breathing laboured and shakey.

"Something isn't right..." He whispered, though he didn't know why.

He saw someone coming through the battle fields, and saw that it was Naira, and Trevadir...he slowly rose to his feet, stumbling with exaustion.

"My friends! Trevadir! Naira! Cirya! Over here!" He called out to them, a smile on his face, so glad was he to see them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 04:50
Trevadir and Naira both embraced Hithgalad, crying with joy and laughing. Cirya smiled as he watched, feeling that it wouldn't be right to intrude.

"What happened my friend? We saw fiery beasts and worried all the Noldor would be destroyed." Trevadir said.
Then Naira saw Thoroniel and rushed over to her, seeing that she had been wounded.

"My friend! Sit down and I will tend these wounds for you." Naira said.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 04:09
Hithgalad obeyed without question, his wounds were not so severe there were just a lot of them.

"Orcs, and foul beasts of Melkor came down upon us...we have been fighting for ten days strait, at least, I think that is the count. QUite frankly I stopped distinguishing between one day and the next. It was on the last few days of the battle that the Balrogs appeared...yes, Balrogs...but I know not what happened. They left...I think that they must have completed some task of theirs...and that in itself worries me..."

He looked back to where the balrogs had attacked earlier. What was it that they had done? He sighed, resting against a large spear that was stuck in the earth. The stentch of death and decay was overwhelmingly horrible.

"Thoroniel needs more attention then I...please, go care for her first, I will not run away, I promise." He laughed slightly, though it was strained with weariness.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 09:46
A live tension seemed to burn throughout the small ring of Feanorion.
"You must keep to your oaths, and avenge your father for what has happened. Do this for me, my sons."

Those words bound them together tighter than blood. The oldest still knelt of the ground. Thought his father was gone, his blood still stained Maedhros' clothing and hands. Blood. this oath they swore in the heat of their passion was now sealed with blood.

O Eru, Maedhros prayed, keep that passion burning in our hearts, that we may not let the anguish of it tear us apart.

behind him Maglor started to sing, a song of mourning; a song of death.
A song of vengeance.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 01:06
As Trevadir stood there with Hithgalad he heard a voice rise on the wind. A song was being sung, and he knew who was singing.

"Hithgalad, I fear you have lost your leader." Trevadir said solemnly.
Naira looked up from tending Thoroniel. "Feanor! Maybe....maybe that was why those fiery beasts came." Naira said, her voice soft.

Trevadir wasn't sure what was going to happen to all these Noldor that had sworn to follow Feanor, would they now follow his sons?
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 02:47
Hithgalad caught the lament on the wind. He knew the voice, and he suddenly knew the cause.

"Hithgalad, I fear you have lost your leader."

But it was as if his ears had stopped, Hithgalad look to where the voice was coming from, a look of confusion, horror, and shock rolled into one glance. How could this be? Had the Balrogs really slain his lord? No! And yet...

Hithgalad stood, and looked out over the now still battle field. So many had died, and now they were without leader...what would happen to them now? What would become of the noldor?

Hithgalad fell to his knees, shaking like a leaf, but still his gaze was where the sorrowful voice was coming from. Hithgalad was terrified. What would become of them all? Would their people be doomed to a slow and agonizing doom? Hithgalad was not keen on finding out.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 02:52
Thoroniel bit her lip hard when Naira touched her leg. It was painful and the cut was jagged. She bit her lip so hard it began to bleed and she let go of it, tighetening her grip on the gound she sat on. She heard the voice as well and looked up, her brow knit in focus. She wanted to listen to the song. She found herself listening with interest to it, her heart turning toward it. Sirioldad could sense this and walked up to her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Ele, do not heed the song too eagerly, it may sway you from us. We will not lose a friend and I refuse to lose my sister. Come on, drink this water, you need something. We all fought long and hard in this battle. It was strange about the Balrogs, how they left. And now Feanor is dead from the sound of the lament. I think perhaps Naira is right, but what do we do? Do we continue on our own path, stick with the sons of Feanor, turn back and live in exile, what do we do?," he asked softly, not really looking for an answer to the question.

He sighed heavily and sat down, feeling his legs give out. THe battle had been lnog and tedious. THe orcs had posed no real threat, it was the Balrogs and trying to keep from them, like a game of cat and mouse. He looked at Trevadir and Hithgalad, then Naira and Thoroniel. He wondered briefly what would happen to all of them, where they would go, what they would do, those sort of things.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 04:02
Trevadir placed his hand on Hithgalad's shoulder, trying to comfort his friend. He was afraid of what was going to happen to his friends as well. He was not tied to their fate, but they still had the oath.

"Well, I'm not going to leave you. I know we are not tied to your fate, but you are my friends, and I won't lose you again." Naira said as she looked from Thoroniel to Sirioldad.

Trevadir was surprised. "But we are not Noldorin. We should move on our way, after all, Cirya came all this way to lead us to Menegroth." Trevadir said.

Cirya lifted his hand. "I can return just as easily as I came here. If you wish to stay, then you should." Cirya said.
Naira had a pleading look in her eyes.
"Alright Naira, if you wish to stay, then we shall. But we will be in great danger." Trevadir warned.

"I would rather be in great danger with friends, then alone." Naira said. Then she moved to Hithgalad and began to heal his wounds.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 10:38
Hithgalad heard Naira's words and was gladdened by them. He smiled at both of his friends, glad for once they'd be travelling together in good faith. He let Naira tend his wound now without complaint or thought for that matter, for he was weary in mind and soul.

Hithgalad looked at his new companions, "And where shall we go? For I know not beyond here where Feanor intended to lead us. There are many roads and paths we might take, but which is the better?" He asked quietly, voicing his thoughts aloud.

"It will be dark soon, we should at least move from this dismal place." He said with a barely suppressed shudder. How many Noldor had died here? He did not wish to know.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email