Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sindarin Study Buddy Thread!
on: January 16, 2008 09:00
I'm new to Sindarin, I was learning to speak Elvish from a site that I recently learned to be wrong. I was somewhat upset, but I very eager to learn the Elvish from a site that isn't full of crap

I speak English... And that's pretty much it... I have access to Myspace IM, Yahoo IM, and MSN IM. I just started with lesson one (again, Sindarin) and I'd like to have a buddy who is very far more advanced then me so if I have any question, I know who to go to. However, I would also like to slowly learn with someone at my same level. Well, how about I just narrow it down to this... Anyone who wants to learn / help me learn Sindarin please PM me or reply to this post, I'm very eager to learn, but it's tough doing it by myself...
Narylfiel_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 04:03
Hi!
Hope it's not too late to join the study buddy list.

I quess I'm a newbie, though I can quote almost all the movie elvish by heart. I wish to learn Sindarin; and I'd either like someone who knows more that can lend a helping hand, or another newbie to work through it together. Though I'm on here almost every day, I'll only be able to study at little intervals when my schedule allows. My first language is english.

[Edited on 29/1/2008 by Narylfiel_Greenleaf]
Feredir_Araneg
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 02:43
Mae Govannen,
I am new here at the Council, and I have been studying Sindarin using books
and outdated dictionaries. I am not that good, and still need some work on my plurals. I speak English, am learning Italian, Old English (Rohirric), Spanish, and Urdu, but I would like my buddy to speak English (modern).
janestarz
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2008 05:44
Hi! I'm Jane, and I've been hanging around the forums here for a while. Did a couple of lessons in Sindarin as well but I need more time at work before I try to tackle the mutations. I've been slacking off.

I'm looking for a study buddy who is willing to bounce around some translations with me. I'd like to do at least one translation a week (or per two weeks) and see what we come up with in that time, including ideas on mutation and merging words.

It will give me a good kick in the butt to try and do some translations and vocabulary and finally get started on the mutations as well as be a lot of fun. I think I'm stuck mostly because I don't see myself constructing any sentences yet, and that's exactly what I want to do with a study buddy!

Please e-mail me or send me a pm. I can be reached at janestarz [at] yahoo [dot] com
Caevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2008 01:49
Hi Im Caevudoriel I:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:you all
Feredir_Araneg
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2008 01:55
Mae govannen,
Im Faron o i Gurhoth.
I need to learn conjugation and advanced plurals. I like Sindarin and I've learnt to translate names of my friends by finding out what they mean (I am a member of BEHIND THE NAME: ETYMOLOGY WEBSITE) and using this database to translate them into Sindarin.
Caevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2008 01:56
c xddddddddddddddddd:heart::love::love::love::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Aerith_the_Autumn_Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2008 04:30
I havent studied much at all. I hope to take a course on CoE once school gets out in my area. I ould like to be partnered with a member who has experience with Sindarin, or Quenya, or both if possible. My first language is English. I hope I included what I needed, thank you!!

-Aerith
Anira_Telcontar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2008 03:58
Hi,I need a buddy who is very advanced in both Sindarin and Quenya.I have little experience in both languages,but I will do my best to learn.I especially need some help with translating names from English to Sindarin and/or Quenya.

Please reply to this thread or PM me if you think you can help me.

[Edited on 6/3/2008 by Anira_Telcontar]
Queen_Melian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2008 07:06
I am absolutely new to Sindarin, but would like to learn at least a few phrases. Thanks for this thread
Galethiel
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: March 25, 2008 04:20
Hi. I'd like to start learning Sindarin. I had a look at the workbooks but I got very confused. I'm a quick learner, but it would help if someone could explain it to me.
- I guess you'd say I'm a complete beginner.
- So then I'd like a study buddy who's more advanced than me.
- I speak fluent English.
- I have MSN if that helps.

Thanks.:love:
Sindarinelf369
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2008 08:09
Meneg suilad!
Hirithon i vellon i ista sindarin sui mae egor ammae sui nin... Teitho nin! Darthathon!

Sry for the mistakes! that's why I seek some1 who's interested in serious sindarin studies! I'd like to use skype with that person for better contact! From Europe if possible...

I've been studying sindarin for years but not as seriously as I'd like to because of lack of studying buddies! Hope to fix that soon...

Hope at least some1 will write me... waiting!

[Edited on 27/4/2008 by Sindarinelf369]

[Edited on 27/4/2008 by Sindarinelf369]
Galadhur
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2008 07:10
1:Garin curu veleg ne lam hen...

2:both would be great...but i would definiitly like a pupil
3:and yes i wouldn't mind helping a newer one either.

Hennaid Dhaer!
knk
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2008 01:07
Greetings all!

I've been trying to learn Sindarin for a while, and I'd like to get a study-buddy to help me out with it.

- I'm a beginner in Sindarin.
- I'd prefer a more advanced partner than me, maybe an intermediate student, but somebody at the same level with me would also do.
- I speak English.

[Edited on 7/5/2008 by knk]
Rawrlings
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2008 10:17
1 I am a newbie at sindarin but am really keen to learn am hoping to have a buddy who is better than me so if i have a question i can ask them i have msn im and i speak english
Luthien1987
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2008 11:56
Hello, is there a study buddy for Quenya? If not is there anybody who would like to help me learn it. I really want to learn but I'm not doing so good on my own.
~phoenix~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2008 12:37
hi im looking for a study buddy for Sindarin, im really quite new to the language but think that it is a beautiful language and although it isn't spoken would love to be able to speak it. My family and friends say i am obsessed but i am just passionate.
My first language is English but i also passed G.C.S.E. german with an A and French with a B so i am pretty good at picking up and learning languages.
It would be nice if my study buddy spoke intermediate Sindarin as it would be nice if we could learn together
i have msn if that helps it is
[email protected]
add me if you think you are suitable, im often online

thanks
Valian
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2008 02:40
Hello, I would like someone to study with, better still to help me learn this language i've been looking at it for a couple of weeks now in my spare time and belive I do know the basics but a few things still challenge my mind i've managed to get a few books hopefully they will help with the language also. Would enjoy lengthy conversations on the subject matter.

P.S. If anyone wants to partner up i'm more than willing.

[Edited on 23/6/2008 by Valian]

[Edited on 23/6/2008 by Valian]
LostInDarkness
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2008 10:12
Hello, I'm a newbie to this site and my sindarin level is practically zero.
I'm looking for a more advanced study buddy who can help me get started on learning it.
I speak both english and german fluently.
Esterni
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 09:21
Hello im Esterni i have started the Quenya course about 5 times and i couldent get it would Sindarin Be any esiyer if it is could i get a study buddy

Lesson:0
Language:english

Thanks heaps
Echileruwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2008 04:23
Mae Govannen!

I would like to learn some Sindarin, too. I have a copy of the book by Salo and some lists of phrases from various web sites, but don't know where to begin.
Ailinel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 12:41
@ Echileruwen:
David Salo's Gateway might be useful (with certain reservations) to advanced learners, in my opinion.

To a beginner I would recommend Thorsten Renk's Sindarin course Pedin Edhellen (version 3.0), which can be found here.
Echileruwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 04:21
Thanks for the link, Ailinel. I've bookmarked it and it looks like there's some great info there, but I'm having a little trouble. When I click on the links for the course, I get a message saying my computer doesn't know what program created the files. I know very little about computers.
Ailinel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 06:22
This is a ZIP file, a compressed file. In order to open it you have to decompress (unzip) it with a zip programm. I am using Winzip, but there are many other free zip utilities on the internet.
Echileruwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 06:31
OK, thanks.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 07:24
If anyone's still interested I'd like a study buddy.

Sindarin: intermediate
partner: same level or more advanced
First language: English
Amon_Dîn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2008 04:26
hello there. i am new to the study of sindarin and i would love it if someone would consent to help me with it. i have just started and i like it very much already.

sindarin: beginner
first language: english
bobmaxiao
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2008 03:02
hello there. i am new to the study of sindarin and i would love it if someone would consent to help me with it. i have just started and i like it very much already.

sindarin: beginner
first language: english
evenstar22
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2008 06:17
Hello, I am interested in learning Sindarin but am not very good at learning languages by myself. I would prefer someone with some knowledge of the language. They don't have to be flent but be able to help me learn.
LegolasTheElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2008 05:06
I've just started trying to learn Sindarin but im finding it hard on my own Im still at the very beginning trying to get my head around how to pronounce the differant sounds. If anyone could help me then it would be very much appreciated.
My first language is English.
thanks x
Estelvist
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2008 08:16
Suilad! (:

I've decided to learn Sindarin, and so I am just on the first course on this site, and I'd love to meet some people who know it well or are learning it. It would help a lot. I will also learn Quenya eventually...but I love the sound of Sindarin more right now. ( : I have windows live, yahoo and aim. Just drop me a PM if you wanna instant message, i'll give you my screenname or email. oh by the way, my first and only language is american English Navaer (:

[Edited on 30/12/2008 by Estelvist]
_Meldë_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 01:38
Suilad
I wanna learn Sindarin but it is very difficult .
I think I need somebody to help . I like somebody that is really far with the lessons and maybe can teach me or something . I speak Dutch and English . I hope somebody wants to help me On this mometn I'm learning Quenya , but later on I will come back tot learn Sindarin

[Edited on 14/4/2009 by _Meldë_]
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 08:26
I would offer to learn it with you but i have little knowledge of it myself :/.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 08:44
I'd be willing to help you Meldë. Just let me know if you want to partner up.
Savior5467
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 12:13
Hello, I am new to this site, and Sindarin in general, and I was looking for someone to help me learn, my main language is English, and I am currently trying to learn a dialect of the Black Speech developed by another site I visit, if that helps. So, can anyone help me?
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email