Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
_Ithilwen_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Sindarin Study Buddy Thread!
on: May 08, 2009 05:50
I'd like to study Sindarian...I only know a few words, so needless to say I'm a newbie
If anyone somewhat familiar is willing to help sent me a PM...Hannad!!

Oh! I speak only American-English

[Edited on 9/5/2009 by _Ithilwen_]
iNosha
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 06:06
Hi,
Firstly, I'm new here and I'm trying to understand Sindrian, but as it is proving to be quite tough, I would really appreciate if someone could help me out, specially someone who has been studying it and is at an advanced level as I happen to be a total amateur.

Thanks & Regards
iNosha

[Edited on 24/5/2009 by iNosha]
Gerinveleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 10:02
I am a newbie and utterly "green" in elvish. I am fascinted by it, and want to learn Syndarin. I have msn,and am connected to my blackberry all day long.If you would like to use BBMsngr. I can send you my pin. I am fluent in English, Spanish, and have a moderate understanding (written/spoken)of some latin based languages like french, italian, and portuguese (brazilian).
Galadriel_Legolas_Frodo
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 08:49
Hi I would like a study buddy on Quenya. I'm very intrested in the Elvish languages but unfortunatly my level is pretty much zero. I need a very patent study buddy because I usually take a long while when learning something new.
I speak English.

[Edited on 3/6/2009 by Galadriel_Legolas_Frodo]
nethris
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2009 10:21
Hi, I'd like a study buddy to help me learn Sindarin. I really just started a few weeks ago and I know very little, it would be nice to find someone patient to help me. My first language is english.
Fellowship
Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: June 05, 2009 03:24
Hi! I'd like to have a buddy. I believe I've been through lesson 5 in Sindarin, but I'd like to start again at the beginning. I'll need someone who will keep me going and kick me in he Heine if I slack off.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: June 13, 2009 10:02
Hi all,

I would like to start us over on this thread - so please, if you are interested in having a Study Buddy, or being a Study Buddy Mentor, please let me know!

Thanks, gwendeth
Sindarin Moderator
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2009 06:21
Mae govannen, gwendeth! I don't know if I was supposed to respond to you here or just pm you but I would love to have a study buddy of my same level (intermediate) since I have translated a song and would like a second and third, (fourth, fifth, sixth) opinion on it.

I also do not object to being a mentor for those who need it as I can understand all too well how confusing the lessons can be,and would be more than willing to answer any questions anyone has.

I also thought if possible we could start a Sindarin penpal thread, I think it might interest more people and motivate them more to practice if they have to use it in day-to-day conversations. (or something like it)
iNosha
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2009 12:29
Hello Startofduedain...I would like you to be my mentor, if you don't mind, that is.
TurduS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2009 10:43
Suilad! i think that's right

anyway, i'm extremely new to Sindarin and i would like to have someone who can guide me through the lessons. it's hard to understand for me just by reading it. some of it doesnt make sense.

My time zone is gmt-5 eastern in Canada.

I can speak English and Tagalog Fluently.

thanks
Coneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2009 05:50
Hello! I'm completely new to Sindarin and don't really know anything. I'm looking for a teacher to help me learn. I'm looking for someone who has Skype so we can do voice call lessons so I can get pronunciations right. I'm in GMT -6 time zone. PM me if you're interested.

[Edited on 14/9/2009 by ElvenObsessor]
Elwingda
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2009 11:43
Hi everyone! I'm new to Sindarin and would like to have another beginner or low intermediate to study with me since I don't tend to have problems in picking up a language itself but rather lacking the motivation if I don't have anyone to encourage me or anyone to use the language with.
And I'd like to study in English.
PM me if you're interested
incendia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 02:22
Hello
I am looking for someone to study with and/or penpals, since i mainly learn properly through using a language in conversations.

My level: beginning
Preferred level of others: any level sounds good to me
Main languages: Swedish and english
Preferred ways for communication: Email, msn, skype
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: November 06, 2009 02:53
Sign me up for some study buddy action too!

For Sindarin, beginning level (I went through the workbook like six years ago but much has changed since then), English, many ways of communicating (email, chat, skype).
zifiea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2009 07:44
Im new to speaking Sindarin I speak engilsh and Id like someone who can help me learn how to speak Sindarin
Dôlion
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2009 12:41
Mae govannen!

My first languages are English and American Sign Language (ASL).

I am a beginner at Sindarin (other than the useful Elvish phrase here and there from the site) and would like a study buddy with more experience.

Thanks!
zifiea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2009 09:01
Sounds great to me! Tenna telwan.

Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2010 11:03
I can tutor someone in either Quenya or Sindarin who speaks either English or French.
I am also looking for a tutor who can help me with Sindarin who speaks one of the above non-elvish languages.

Thanks,

P.S. this is a rlly awesome idea!
lembaslover14
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2010 02:47
HI
I'd like a study budy im just a beginner level
_Eruvadhor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2010 05:08
I would be VERY interested in a study buddy, I've been interested in these languages since I first saw the movies/read the books. Which would you say is the best to learn, i.e. most well understood and most complete? I'm currently learning from Pedin Edhellen, and using the worksheets from this site as well, but am an absolute beginner. English is my native language, but I'm fluent in Spanish, and am intermediate with Mandarin. I have MSN and Meebo.

Level of proficiency: Very little
Desired level of study buddy: Anyone who can help.
Eantylië
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2010 11:24
Hello! Glad to see quite a new post in this forum, I was afraid it was almost dead already...
I am also interested in the elven languages and would like to start learning them as soon as possible!

I'd like to help if I can, and I also have msn, thou I am native Swedish I should be able to speak English pretty well .. if you can live with weird grammar and spelling ^^;

Level of proficiency: Beginner
Desired level of study buddy: Very much anyone
mithlaegil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2010 10:57
I'm going through the entire Sindarin Workbook - complete with homework...
(http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Workbook&file=workbook&dp=workbook&workbook=2_)

In Parallel, I'm going through Thorston Renk's Pedin Edhellen.

I'm getting there, but I DESPERATELY need a Mentor. Pedin sui hen! Formost, I need help with proper ennunciation. I'm not shooting for the ability to translate, with books - I'm shooting for the ability to SPEAK.

Please help?

[Edited on 8/5/2010 by mithlaegil]
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2010 03:15
1.) Your level of study with Sindarin?
Beginner, also studying Quenya at the same time.

2.) Would you like a partner more advanced who would like to help a newer pupil?
That would be helpful. If anyone (regardless of level of study) who is studying both languages can help, that would be great.

3.) Would you like a partner that is newer to the language that YOU would like to help?
I don't mind helping out with basic stuff but I can't do anything advanced just yet since I am still a beginner.

[Edited on 3/6/2010 by Atánion]
pimaster
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2010 05:52
I am a n00b, to be honest.
I NEED HELP.
I don't know enough to help anyone.
Fluent English.
JetLockheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2010 06:07
is this still going cause id love to have a buddy

Im defiantly a newbie
my first language is English
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2010 03:28
My level for studying right now is beginner and I would really like a mentor. My first language is English, I know a little Spanish. I've looked over the vocab lists a little. Please help!
Gladhaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2010 02:25
Well, althoug many people have already asked for a 'Sindarin buddy', I guess I can ask as well and see what it gives. (:

My level: Beginner, I would say. I know by heart every Sindarin line of the films and some phrases, know most of the pronunciation, have already learned the grammar basics and know some words - but overall nothing too incredible. ;D

Partner: Anyone talking French, English or German (: I, for my part, can't really help for anything more than truly simple basics.

Thank you very much ^^

[Edited on 24/8/2010 by Gladhaniel]
Eruwaedhiel_Saerwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 08:23
Hey! I recently found this site and decided that learning Sindarin was something that I REALLY wanted to learn, so a study buddy would be GREAT! I have all the messengers, so whichever one someone wanted to use would be fine.

1.) Level: Beginner
2.) I'd really like someone more advanced, I've been looking over the info so i'm kind of trying on my own. Don't think it's turning out too well. x.x
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2010 05:01
Hi I'm Vanwa_Meleth, I'm looking for a study buddy for Sindarin who doesn't mind me not getting on the web so very often. I am a beginner who has started going through the language workbook on here but could use some support. I usually get on once a day for an hour or two, so someone really patient is probably best.
TanyaRayne
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2010 09:17
I know a few words in sindarin and one or two phrases and speak english, I'm looking for someone to help me understand pronounciation and be able to help me when I'm stuck on a lesson if that's alright.. Or just someone to chat to about it all! ^^
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2010 02:18
Hi TanyaRayne. I'm Vanwa_Meleth, I am not the most experienced of Sindarin people, but I would be more than happy to work with you.
xXEnchantedKaiXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2011 01:13
i have the alphabet writen down, i can write..in elvish its so cool..i just need more practice,im looking for someone to study sindarin with when learning a language it can be a bit diffacult :/...help? just lve me a msg.thnks =)
Sirieleithelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2011 12:43
I could have sworn I posted here...

I have been trying pretty hard to do this but it just doesn't make any sense to me....

I really want to learn but It's just not working out for me...

I'm an absolute beginner

I speak English as a first language and no other languages enough to converse in them.

Brooklynne
Tórion
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 04:03
Im Norwegian, but only 14 years old, so I dont speak very much English. Im trying to learn some Sindarin, and I just wondered if there was any other Norwegians here that I could study with? I think I need to read a bit more on the different lessons, but when I know a bit more, a study buddy would be great.
Noen norske her som vil lære seg sinadrin med meg?

Tórion
jimbojoe312
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2011 07:03
im a 14 year old in australia and i want to learn sindarin but the book" a gateway to sindarin" is a bit exspensive for me so i need a study buddy that can help me learn sindarin thanks!

jacob
"my brother, my captain, my king"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email