Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
I'm trying to learn Elvish somewhat more seriously now that I have less time on my hands; could you perhaps be my study buddy, Findemaxam?
Image Image
Juulvand
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone, I am trying to study sindarin, I found many sites, and a few days ago I found this one, Yay!, and I am going to study here. So I am not far at all. Lesson 2 or something, and I am looking for a study buddy, at about my same level. (: Oh and my main language is Dutch, but I do also speak English quite well, and I speak a bit of French, German and Latin.
'I am no man!!!'
Juulvand
Council Member
Send Message
By the way, just pm me if you want to be my study buddy!!!!!!!
(:
'I am no man!!!'
Juulvand
Council Member
Send Message
I found a studdy buddy! (:
'I am no man!!!'
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all. I'm a newbie here and i was wandering if anyone could be my study budy for Sindarin? It's the elvish langage i am trying to learn. Help please?
El sila erin lu e-govaned vin. (A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
AnariaLaurelin
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Lithoniel. I don't know if you would be up for buddying with multiple people, but if you are interested in being part of a threesome, message me. I'm currently working with Juulvand.
-Anarien Míriel Laurelin
Image Image
arwen-undomiel-119129
Council Member
Send Message
I think it would be really helpful to have someone to practice sindarin with. I'm starting to work on lesson 6, message me if you think we could be study buddies!
sindarinlotr
Council Member
Send Message
mae govannen im a newbie and i have always wanted to speak elvish! i have started learning sindarin using some pdfs that i have been finding online, but I'm not finding much audio resources and everything and i think i definitely need help! I'm not really sure how this whole thing works (I'm 14 btw!)
Ireth Pallanen
Council Member
Send Message
I am starting Sindarin again after quitting a while ago because I couldn't understand it. I would like to try again now and I think a study buddy would be a good idea. It's weird to be talking in these short sentences. My primary language is english, by the way. Please PM me if you would like to be my study buddy. Thanks!

EDIT: Disregard this post, I'm not looking for a study buddy anymore.

[Edited on 07/14/2014 by Ireth Pallanen]
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -John 3:16
eowynofgallifrey
Council Member
Send Message
I'm just starting Sindarin and I'd like a study buddy, my first and only language is English.
tathiel_of_lindon
Council Member
Send Message

Mae Govannen! Im winya ar' Ú-bedin sai' edhellen. I'd be very grateful if anyone would want to be my Sindarin study buddy!! (My grammar is probably but that sort of illustrates my point anyway so meh.) I've tried learning online but as I'm no linguist the advanced ones I found confusing and the simpler ones stopped
after the basics. Message me if you're interested (please...
"One does not simply walk into Mordor"
nube
Council Member
Send Message
Hi there, I am currently conducting research on individuals that actually speak and study Sindarin. I am a novice in this culture and would be grateful to anyone interested in helping me?
Gandalfs_Pipe
Council Member
Send Message
If anybody out there is interested in showing a Sinadrin newbie around i would appreciate the help!
Eawen Galfinriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi there! I'm a newbie here too, right now I'm printing the first Sindarin lessons! If someone wants to help guiding me or just start studying with me please pm me!

[Edited on 11/05/2014 by Eawen Galfinriel]
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
Suilad!
Cesthon mellon egor mellyn an theitha sindarin!
I'm looking for a friend or friends to write in sindarin!
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Arothin
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen, I am looking for a person that has some experience in writing/translating/speaking sindarin to help me learn. Only casual for now not enough time in the day. The first thing I would like to learn is how to write my name in Tengwar: Arothin Lasgalen. Arothin is a mix between Arothir and Eryn. First and Only Language is English

[Edited on 11/10/2014 by Arothin]
BriTheElf
Council Member
Send Message
Is anyone interested in a sort of pen-pal arrangement? I think that it would be helpful to practice writing the little Sindarin I do know in Tengwar. I am definitely a novice but would love to correspond with anyone who is interested.
Message me if you're interested

[Edited on 11/27/2014 by BriTheElf]
Celeblaswen
Council Member
Send Message
I am looking for a study buddy around my level. Which is beginner.... Lesson 1. Lesson 2 people are ok too! Please PM me!
Guren níniatha n'i lû n'i a-govenitham.
Celeblaswen
Council Member
Send Message
Also, I know English and Ukrainian which is helping me with some of the sounds and stuff!
Guren níniatha n'i lû n'i a-govenitham.
SilverStarlight
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govannen. I am also looking for a study buddy and since I am still a newbie, it would be great to know if anyone wishes to do this!
ellethrenee
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking for a study buddy as well, if that interests anyone. I'm from the USA so English is my main language. PM me if anyone wants to chat I just found this site today so my level is probably 0.
~Renee~
Calvooo
Council Member
Send Message
I'm looking for a study budy if anyone is interested I'm from Belgium so i'm native Dutch, but my English is pretty decent. Just PM me
Lithon of Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
I am 105% a newbie here all i can really say in sindarin is Ego, Mibo Orch (translate that if you like) and i need some help understanding certain things in the lesson.
Yavanna93
Council Member
Send Message
Hey y'all! I actually used to be on here many many moons ago, and now that I have a break between semesters, I am wanting to finally devote time to learning Sindarin. I have some experience in French (very minimal) and understand a bit of Spanish. I also took a class in Arabic which has actually helped so far in understanding Sindarin as of Lesson One. Please PM me
BTW, my primary language is English.

Thanks!
Hadhien
Council Member
Send Message
Howdy! I just started studying Sindarin yesterday; I'm on the "mixed mutations" lesson as of now. I'd love to have a study buddy to keep me on my toes! I speak a fair bit of Welsh, and that's been helping me understand a lot of things pretty easily (he DID base Sindarin on Welsh, after all). If you're interested, go ahead and send me a private message! I promise I don't bite!
SidhAAgar
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen, I've just started learning the awesome language of sindarin, although I have started to notice certain challenges as I have never learnt any language other than English. I'd love a study buddy who is either in the same boat as me or is willing to push me along. If you are willing please private message me. Thank you
Lothorlariel
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone!
I've just started learning Sindarin and I'd like a study buddy who is at my level.
I can speak german and english
Elladan and Elrohir
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a study buddy as well . I've only just started. I speak Dutch, English and I'm studying Swedish and French.
Thanneth
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen~ I've just recently started learning Sindarin by myself with the help of the internet of course, which is how I came across this website! AMAZING! I am looking for a study buddy, I don't mind if you're higher level than me and you want to teach/help me or we're at the same level.. I welcome any~ ^_^ probably I can write with the help of the notes I have written down, I do have some problem when speaking it. Because I speak it too slow. HAHAHA! I speak English only, if you are happy to be a study buddy with me please drop me a message~ Thank you!!

[Edited on 02/06/2015 by Thanneth]
sasanoah
Council Member
Send Message
Does anybody know the sindarin verb for to want and to have?
Galadivren
Council Member
Send Message
Aníra- = To desire, to want
Sav- = To have (to possess, to own)
Gar- = To have, to hold

[Edited on 02/09/2015 by Galadivren]
Kat777
Council Member
Send Message
Can someone help me here??
I'm trying to study sindarin and I wanted to ask if anyone wanted to be my study buddy?
I'm just on lesson 1...
Shiro Aya
Council Member
Send Message
Fresh here...I've go through 7 lessons and nearly go crazy,especially Tengwar and pronounciation... Is anybody here would like to work this out with me?
LareowNorthan
Council Member
Send Message
Post Tengwar, pronunciation
on: March 14, 2015 02:05
Shiro Aya said:Fresh here...I've go through 7 lessons and nearly go crazy,especially Tengwar and pronounciation... Is anybody here would like to work this out with me?

Suilad Shiro Aya,
If you like, I am open to assisting with Tengwar. Perhaps jointly we can both learn the pronunciation .

@all, feel free to send me a message on Tengwar and I will do what I can to assist.
Others may jump in for pronunciation practice.
Still looking for any study-buddy who might shed some light on grammar.

Faithfully,
Student of the North
Sindarin: No i brestanneth anírach tírad vi amar Enlgish: Be the change you wish to see in the world
Eryniell
Council Member
Send Message
Hello
Just created my account here, but I have already started learning Sindarin, and I would love someone to study with!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email