Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post Contributing Members Questions
on: June 13, 2007 05:15
To help offset our monthly server costs, CoE has implemented a Contributing Member program, in which site members can donate $15 for the year, and receive the following special privileges:

- one year of access to the user theming area
- removal of ads in the footer
- set title of "Council Contributor" (will not overwrite any special titles you may have already earned through points)
- two green stars, rather than the regular one gold star under your avatar
- name on the Wall of Contributing Members
- extra space in your member website

For more information on the program, including how to donate, please go here.

Please post any comments or questions in this thread.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
Post RE: Contributing Members Questions
on: June 14, 2007 08:11
Just one question... Do we have to pay in dollars itself, or can we use other currencies?
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 15, 2007 09:49
If you use Paypal, you can enter the sum in dollars, and your account will be charged with the corresponding sum in your own money. At least that's how it goes for me.

[Edited on 15/6/2007 by Morwinyoniel]
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 16, 2007 06:59
If you send it through the mail, it would be easier if it was in dollars, but if not, then I'll find some way to convert it Just send enough in your local currency that it comes close to $15, and that will be fine.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: June 17, 2007 06:31
Oh thanks I don't use paypal, I'll just send it through mail
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2007 08:39
That's a good idea.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: August 27, 2007 03:38
I see the link under the Main Menu for the Contributing Members list, but not one for the Themes that we're making. May we have a link to the new theme area in the Fan Creations section under the Main Menu? There is a link to the Creation Corner but it's still several clicks away to the theming area.

Thank you very much!

[Edited on 8/27/2007 by NenyaGold]
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 12:04
i have a question: can i send 30 bucks and then be all set for 2 years or do i have to wait a year till i can send another 15?
Rivka
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 12:14
You'll have to send it separately (once every year). My little widget that I update your account with can only update your account for one year
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 07, 2007 12:38
ok thanks.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2008 11:38
At the risk of sounding completely lazy :blush:... is there anyway a reminder could be put in so that we remember to 'renew' the membership after a year? My time at present is very limited so I have certain areas of the site that are simply bookmarked and I'm always logged in... so I don't look at 'My Account' ever unless there is a problem (or I suddenly feel like a theme change... which is also rare)... and to highlight how unobservant I am - I didn't even notice my theme changed over when my membership expired :banghead: and my membership expired a few months ago. I've just updated now but had I not had trouble with my avatar a few days ago I don't know how long it would have been before I remembered to contribute again and so it would have been nice if some kind of email or PM could be sent either when the year is up or just before.

If it can't that's fine I'll probably try and write it in my diary for next year but I'm also thinking of other members who like me might want to contribute but are busy and unobservant when it comes to noticing the time has lapsed.
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: December 22, 2008 04:05
Can I add my voice to that of EM's - even if that will possibly make me another lazy, unobservant member
I don't know if it is possible or anything - it might mean than someone else would have to be observant for us and granted that is a lot to ask, but some way of reminding contributing members that their errr... membership was about to expire would be very helpful so we don't need to keep an ever watchful eye on My Account or similar... so if it is possible, well I for one would greatly appreciate it too...:blush::rolling:
Rivka
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 08:00
It's a good idea -- I'll see about implementing it
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2009 02:35
my sister contributed $15 to the site from my account (as a birthday present) a few days ago, and I was wondering how long it'll take for my account to recognize me as a 'contributing member' so I can use the user made theming area

Thanks!

[Edited on 22/12/2009 by glamdring22]

[Edited on 22/12/2009 by glamdring22]
CableDog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2010 04:54
Not exactly sure if this is the correct area to post this, but I was perusing the map for middle earth, (elrond's library>maps) and whilst perusing about, I could not find Osgiliath. I may have missed it somehow, but I was fairly certain of its location. Would appreciate it if someone would take a look over it and give me some feedback about that. Whether you find the location or don't. Thank you much.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email